Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Orientation day

DdU3ohAW0AATogj.jpg

Tag: Finnea Virlee Finnea Virlee
Equipment: N/A

The Approach to Hangar D was filled with intrigue, Felix would have his ship fly around the myriad structure, doing a once over to show off one of the prides of the house Aquila name. The superstructure was covered in small hangars for private ships, but most notably three massive forks expanded from it to serve as docking / repair / construction stations for capital class ships. Although, station A had been completed some time ago, the scaffolding was in place for another one as the lattice of expanding stations that could form as they could integrate with one another to work on even larger ships was nothing short of economic genius.

Surrounding the stations there seemed to be six other satellites, much smaller than the station and all spinning on an axis around it. Although small in comparison to the gigantic factory building, they were larger than the ship that they were in several times over. upon their approach they would enter a small shield gate, overlapping hexagons of orange plasma breaking for the circular port hole which allowed vehicle access to permitted workers as well as vehicles with House Aquila registrations. After passing through the gate they would dock in one of the main ship building hangars, exiting to see large new ships under construction.

"Welcome to Station Hyperboria Alpha. This was one of the ship building stations my grandmother had made. Its an amazing craft, would you like me to show you around? We modernize these ships every few years as new precision tools enter the market, so you'd be surprised with the kind of things we have here! Now, before we get started, I'd like you to know that how we hire here is a little bit different to most other companies. As most of our focus is in either engineering or research and development, we never truly hire anyone, but rather open positions based on people's unique skills, talents and aptitudes."

Felix was all but boasting, many of their researchers had approached House Aquila with technology and projects they had hoped to fund, and the noble house had agreed to fund them under their companies' name. Famed for giving generous grants with room in the books for minimum or even negative returns on investments every year. Some research was just important enough to do at cost. So, as they would open into a large hanger, the skeleton of a Corvette Class Cruiser being built by sleek white mobile repair droids under the command of a head engineer, they'd begin to walk the floor.

"So, what areas did you have interests in? You said you were an engineer, but we both know that can break down a little between design, construction and diagnostic. What are you passionate about?"

The hangers they walked along were part of one of the stations forks, passing a plasteel window out into the open space port. Whatever it was that house Aquila was building out there, it wasn't a Corvette. It was something expansive, something new and exciting which the company hadn't had or seen before. But all in all, the Rylothian's eyes were on the girl, hoping in part that everything here would impress her on some level, but also attempting to learn more about her. She was, through and through, a rather mysterious person. She had been a Sith at one point in her life who had rebelled against everything she'd grown up to know. That was a hell of a crucible for anyone to go through, she was strong willed enough to, on her own, bring down an entire Sith operation.

Felix needed to test that kind of drive.

jHiLsO.png

Her mind needed to escape her darker, fearful and hateing thoughts and the perfect escape was to focus on Hyperboria Alpha which were, in her eyes, the most exciting thing she had seen in a while. Although all her knowledge was something that had been thrust upon her, it didn't mean that she wasn't genuinely interested in engineering and modern technology. She absolutely loved it. So when he had his ship take an extra round around the massive construction, Finnea forgot all about the pain she had in her shoulder from being shot. She merely stared out at the superstructure, trying to observe as much as possible while still being up there.

As they stepped off his ship, she held onto her upper arm as if to stop the shoulder from swaying too much as they walked. Her eyes expressed fascination and she was taking in a lot of impressions, picking up on nearly every little thing she saw, feeling inspired. To no ones surprise, this whole place had an different feel than the place she was used to before. She hoped she was right, that this was a place to develop her skills and not drown in fear.
"Yes, I would appreciate it if you could show me around, only if you have the time of course." she nodded quickly, eager to see what more there was.

She barely looked to him as he started to explain to her about what kind of work primarily were done here as she was too busy watching the sleek robots work and studying the many panels she could see from where they were. His question however, made her stop walking, watching him with an expression that wasn't fear or sorrow any longer. It was joy and she smiled a little. "Diagnostics." she said quickly, almost before he could finish his own sentence. Turning her head to the side, she spotted the construction going on through the plasteel window which made her walk close to it, wanting a better view. "I've done plenty of repairs of course, but that feels more like a bi-product of my passion for diagnostics and programming." she looked back to Felix. "What's down there?" she asked with peaked curiosity, nodding sideways towards the construction on the other side.

5ec430fd382a5316ef847efe19f609a5.jpg

Equipment:
Diagnostics was a hell of a field, he had initially thought of her to be someone who was interested in design, but a problem solver was something that only come around once in a while, especially someone who was good at their job. It took an extraordinary amount of intelligence and personal strength to be able to tell others that they were wrong, and why. After reviewing what he had seen on the former station, he asserted that she indeed likely had both in some form or another. But the way she glowed when she mentioned that it was something she was passionate about, that excited Felix more than anything else could have. He needed her in House Aquila.

"Diagnostics is difficult here, you'd be proofing the works of people working in physics that's strictly theoretical, forefront of scientific and technological fields. It's sink or swim. But, considering where I picked you up, you've probably dealt with far worse. "

As the window would attract the girl, Felix couldn't help but think, a sliver of a thought had wormed his way into his mind, he had been thinking of her as 'the girl' for quite a while now. It was probably time to change that. Walking up behind her and ignoring her question at first he would place a hand on her shoulder, gazing out there to the web-work of infinite pylons and workers that were beginning to create a colossal structure. He couldn't help but be caught up in her wonder,

"Its a commission for the CIS, we're testing a new type of craft to see if it might do some good work. Star-Destroyer Class. It's going to be rather pretty when we're done with it. Star ships are something that are rather new for us to make here. But after those other three platforms are made, we'll be able to make larger ships many times more efficiently. That's what the other huge construction project over there is"

Felix would point across to the construction occurring in space. He'd watch the construction with her for a while, as an enormous ion drive was mounted onto the rear of the ship, Construction Droids flocking to the location to begin to secure it as best they could. But patting her on the shoulder he would begin to walk to an elevator one more time. Pressing a couple of buttons on a datapad he would secretly send a message to his own engineering staff.

"Want to see how this whole place runs?"

He would smile, hitting one more button on his datapad as the lift would take them down to the ion reactor. A single room with a huge pulsing ion reactor, not a single human person present as the two of them were the only people in the room. It had been abandoned just for them. She'd have access to all of the panels, power readings as it seemed that the Ionized Plasma that was being used was a little more interesting than the norm. Incredibly high frequency approaching absolute hot as it reacted.

"I'm Felix by the way, Felix Aquila."

He'd finally reveal, knowing with the mentioning of House Aquila earlier it would unveil him as the namesake of the company and house who owned everything they saw before them.

jHiLsO.png

Equipment:
Diagnostics was a hell of a field, he had initially thought of her to be someone who was interested in design, but a problem solver was something that only come around once in a while, especially someone who was good at their job. It took an extraordinary amount of intelligence and personal strength to be able to tell others that they were wrong, and why. After reviewing what he had seen on the former station, he asserted that she indeed likely had both in some form or another. But the way she glowed when she mentioned that it was something she was passionate about, that excited Felix more than anything else could have. He needed her in House Aquila.

"Diagnostics is difficult here, you'd be proofing the works of people working in physics that's strictly theoretical, forefront of scientific and technological fields. It's sink or swim. But, considering where I picked you up, you've probably dealt with far worse. "

As the window would attract the girl, Felix couldn't help but think, a sliver of a thought had wormed his way into his mind, he had been thinking of her as 'the girl' for quite a while now. It was probably time to change that. Walking up behind her and ignoring her question at first he would place a hand on her shoulder, gazing out there to the web-work of infinite pylons and workers that were beginning to create a colossal structure. He couldn't help but be caught up in her wonder,

"Its a commission for the CIS, we're testing a new type of craft to see if it might do some good work. Star-Destroyer Class. It's going to be rather pretty when we're done with it. Star ships are something that are rather new for us to make here. But after those other three platforms are made, we'll be able to make larger ships many times more efficiently. That's what the other huge construction project over there is"

Felix would point across to the construction occurring in space. He'd watch the construction with her for a while, as an enormous ion drive was mounted onto the rear of the ship, Construction Droids flocking to the location to begin to secure it as best they could. But patting her on the shoulder he would begin to walk to an elevator one more time. Pressing a couple of buttons on a datapad he would secretly send a message to his own engineering staff.

"Want to see how this whole place runs?"

He would smile, hitting one more button on his datapad as the lift would take them down to the ion reactor. A single room with a huge pulsing ion reactor, not a single human person present as the two of them were the only people in the room. It had been abandoned just for them. She'd have access to all of the panels, power readings as it seemed that the Ionized Plasma that was being used was a little more interesting than the norm. Incredibly high frequency approaching absolute hot as it reacted.

"I'm Felix by the way, Felix Aquila."

He'd finally reveal, knowing with the mentioning of House Aquila earlier it would unveil him as the namesake of the company and house who owned everything they saw before them.

jHiLsO.png

His assumptions about her was right - she was used to being treated quite roughly, often having to explain simple diagnostics for people that had an ego bigger than the warship or worse, not even being in the engineering field. It was ridiculous sometimes. So she smiled affirmatively to him without explaining herself.

It was truly the construction work outside that had her attention. Standing in the window, studying the work being done, every move, trying to figure it out on her own without having him explain, but all she could really tell was that it was a ship. That much was obvious. So when he walked up behind her, she was lost in her own head, churning away at what kind of ship it was until she felt his hand to her shoulder. She had been leaning herself forward a tad, as if to see more but now she immediately froze in an upright position, like the soldier she was trained to be. Like the move of putting his hand to her shoulder was her cue that she was being out of line. But he didn't move, which had her give him a sideways glace, slowly relaxing again as he finally spoke about the project ahead. She nodded along with his words, following his finger as he pointed further back where she could spot the three platforms that was being built as well. It was all very different from what she had been used to, not only the whole place being lighter somehow but the organization of things seemed to be more efficient and it was only boosting her new goal - to start working here.

His new question had her smile again, nodding as she replied him. "Yes, of course!" When he kept walking, she took the cue to follow him into the elevator, standing properly to one side, her hands folded in front of her as it moved, her eyes finding the different panels and labels to memorize for later. She was already preparing a bunch of questions that she wanted to fire at him once she got the chance, but there was so many things to discover that she couldn't really make up her mind of what to ask him first.

She walked out of the elevator just behind him, but not for long. The sight of the room had her eyes widen and she passed him quickly to head right up to one of the panels, her hands going straight down to start checking the screens, reading them up against each other and then studying the ion reactor. "This is probably the most advanced sets of panels i have ever got to see up close! I can't believe it!" she chirped and turned to face him.

That was when he told her his name and for a moment she went completely silent, again. She had to take a minute to comprehend what he was saying. It was not just his name. "What?" she started off and shifted a little, having to just check the room they were in for a second time. There were no people in here. That was actually strange, seeing just which room they were in. "You...are... the owner of this whole place?" His name was not unknown to her, at least not his last name. It was very well known, actually. She took a step back as her arms lifted as if to embrace herself for the information she just got. Had she been so consumed by her anxiety and panic that she hadn't picked up on it until now? She turned paler as she started a stutter at a loss of proper words. "I-uhm.. excuse me, I-" she shook her head quickly, still staring at him like he was some sort of ghost.
Was he joking?

Equipment:
Watching her wide eyed excitement of the world around her was a treat, it was like showing someone who had been locked away a whole new world, or a person who had never left the flat plane of their planet to space for the very first time. Her glee was palpable and it made the young Aquila happy. As she stiffened to his touch he lightened, recoiled having forgotten that she might be oversensitive to touch, cursing a little in his mind. Of course touch is a bad idea, the Sith probably made work of that.

But as the two of them made their way down, she saw the panels for the first times, readings of the energy in the ion reactor veritably hummed as it would seem that everything was stable. The ion fission reactor was a miracle of science, able to run more or less the entire facility. Using beams of energy creating convenctional currents to draw them into one another and fusing as they meet only to fissure and break outside of the beam in a limitless dance. As he stared at it through the force, the waves it gave off were like that of a blooming rose.

Her words echoed aloud as he would smile. "They would need to be considering the lasers we use for ignition generate about twenty three and a half Petawatts of energy a day. All sunlight hitting the surface of an entire planet hits about one hundred and eighty. So its rather incredible, really."

It took her a moment to register his name, honestly he didn't think it would have mattered, celebrity wasn't exactly his status even in the CIS, he was often overshadowed by John locke, although some had considered him to be the next one. He'd put his hands cupped behind his back and look up at her with a smile, nodding to confirm that it was indeed him and that this was no elaborate prank.

"Yyyup, its me. This is mine, well, my father made this space station, but I inherited and upgraded it. House Aquila is both my house and my empire. Despite its history I've been trying to turn it into something good... not that i haven't had resistance. And I'd like you to be a part of it."

He would smile, hands behind his back as he would hit a button on his datapad hidden from sight. Waiting for her response, moving closer to her a little bit as she would smile honestly. Felix was not even twenty five years old... although he was smart, brilliant when it came to energy and wave analysis, he was far from the geniuses he employed. So he would wait for a response.

Within moments after her reply there would be a shift, a spark, as the lights in the room they were in would shut off only to be replaced by Hazard lights flaring in the dimness. Felix would look up, unsure of what was happening as he would look to the Reactor, seeing that the laser misaligned as power was bleeding, causing a feedback loop of nuclear energy as the negative data would spill into the monitors.

"Feth... the interior laser hitting the Pyronium is warping. Its causing feedback in the system... Reactor main controls are over there, im going to try to hold the laser manually and keep this on track!" Rushing to the reactor, Felix would begin to try to feed colossal nuclear power through a current in which it was meant to maintain on its own. The problem was, Pyronium created hyperspace ways when energized highly, making it a source of incredible energy, but it also bent space like a wormhole meaning it would warp or bend a laser like this. There was an immediate response, powering down the laser would halt the catastrophe, but shut down power to the whole system. Re-aligning the laser against the bend was difficult, incredibly complex equations to account for something like a wormhole the laser would have to basically surf to reach its destination.

Or was there a fix to totally balance the system permanently? It was time to see, how good she really was.

jHiLsO.png

Her eyebrows raised with surprise as he mentioned that he wanted her to be a part of it. It was flattering to hear and she moved her eyes from him to pretend she needed to have another look around before she made her decision. Finally she nodded slowly to him. "I'd be an complete fool to say no to this, mr. Aquila." she motioned to all that was surrounding them. "I will not let you down, just give me time and I'll prove to you that I'm worth it." she said with raised confidence, lifting her chin up.

She had a lot of wasted potential over with the siths, mostly doing mundane work requested by higher ranking officers or the occasional quick repairs. But she had always been reading up on whatever reports of new technology she could get her hands on, often paying to have scripts smuggled onboard to read. She was pretty much up to date when it came down to advanced modern technology.

So when Hyperboria Alpha shifted and the lights in the room flickered only to be replaced by hazard lights, she looked straight at Felix, then immediately to the ion reactor, spotting the laser that was misaligned. She frowned and prepared for orders which came quickly enough as he told her exactly where to go; to the reactor main controls.
"Login" she just called him, assuming that as an stranger, she wouldn't get access to the main controls of the stations reactor without the login. Once she got it, she swiftly started working on the screens like these panels were the ones she always had been working on. She looked over the screens which flashed with several codes of error and new messages.

"This has happened before, right?" she said, not a question but more as a statement while she kept trying some codes, mostly to feel her way around the systems. It took her a short while to confidently say she knew what to do. Only the mathematics remained. "Felix, you need to keep that laser steady for the next few seconds, if you don't want to build this whole station from scratch." she called him, still facing the panels, fingers rapidly working over the screens, hitting one code after the other.

Equipment:
Still nameless, Finnea flew into action calling out for the login for the panel as Felix would simply shout over his shoulder. "Admin Override, HA256R19-11" Felix would rush to stand before the reactor core, kneeling before it and bringing his arms before moving one arm with his palm facing down and lifting the other with his palm facing up and concentrating hard. Attempting to create a tunnel which would allow light to connect to its ports as it was meant to. He could feel power which contrasted with that produced with all power production on an entire planet as it would tear through the river he attempted to make.

"Im trying! But it's like trying to divert a waterfall at the bottom!" He would let out a cry, the light that was filtering into himself was intense as he attempted to enter a meditative calm. It was just so.much.power more than he had ever felt through his fingertips before. The sheer sum of the lumens that penetrated the heart of the reactor was fathomless and ever-present. But as he focused he recalled her question from before, trying not to break concentration as he answered.

"Yes, it has. The density of the hyper-matter it ignites and fuses for power isn't constant, it changes and fluxes constantly so we get these big spikes! When its monitored its not usually a problem... but every now and then something like this happens! So we never run the laser at full efficiency... if we could, the output would be almost 50% higher."

He would confirm, shouting above the sounds of the sirens, other engineers began to filter into the room with haste, taking up positions, seeing Felix in the room with Finnea at the command panel as they would move to supportive stations, feeding her data from the readings. Felix was doing all he could to ensure that the system did not spiral into anything worse... it was all he could do.

An evacuation notice began to ring across the airwaves as readings were pushing beyond their normal safe parameters, the room was beginning to heat up as the reactor cores containment was taking more or less the full brunt of a laser that could penetrate through a planet in little more than a minute. All eyes would shift to Finnea as she was at the controls, a moment to prove herself, a moment to shine as Felix would subtly nod to one of the engineers, signalling a no as he would wait a little longer.

"What are you thinking!?"

For a minute Finnea looked up as the sirens started to sound through the station and the room getting filled with alarmed engineers. She didn't move from her spot, just somehow took an relaxed stance where she put all weight on one leg, crossing the ankle over it, still typing away as Felix explained how this had happened before. Nodding along, happy have the help of having more data sent over she started to get closer to the solution.

"I'm thinking the evacuation notice is a little loud and unnecessary." she switched it off effortlessly from her screen, picking up where she left the calculations for the laser and energy measurements. Her expression was hard to read as she plotted in the calculations, confident that she was correct and turned away from the panels. "Mr. Aquila, let the laser go, now!" as he did, she hit the button under her hand, entering the last code and immediately things seemed to slow down as the machines and robotic arms took over.

There was a lot of damage already, but reducing the power just a little was all that was needed for two of the arms to reach over to the laser, elegantly securing it back on the bend before powering right back up again, feeling the station shift dramatically as it did so. The reactor cooled down just enough in that little time, and was now starting back up with slightly more power than before as the arms moved swiftly to secure and repair some of the damage done. The hazard lights turned off and the normal lights came back on as Finnea walked up close to the ion reactor to have a closer look. She stood here for a little while, just overseeing that everything went right, that the damages taken didn't cause the extra input of energy start leaking, making this more dangerous. But everything seemed to settle perfectly as the work and repairs finished up.

Finnea turned to Felix, looking him over with a concerned expression yet not nearing him. "Will you be alright, Mr. Aquila?" was her first question, the one she found more important. "Your station will be stable from now on. The equation used previously was off, making the power difference between the laser and reactor unstable. I've corrected the power balance and increased it just to make it even more stable from now on." she had taken a military resting stance with her hands on her back as she explained herself as simply as she could, taking a notice in the corner of her eye that the other engineers were talking between themselves.

Last edited:

Equipment:
Her taking control of the Evacuation notice was a surprise to Felix, as the automated voice tone calling for people to exit the ship was abruptly removed with her Admin Access, Felix couldn't help but be a little anxious considering the lives that were potentially in the balance. There wer engineers who were likely ready to hit killswitches just in case things got a little too hairy, but... there was something about her confidence, about the surety of the look in her eye that had Felix feeling good about what was going to happen, drawn in like the pressure shift moments before a brilliant explosion.

The actions she performed in moments on instinct were the kind of actions which would have a person checked for latent force sensitivity, calculations that would have taken advanced diagnostic droids minutes or technical computers hours were done with fleeting thoughts as she aligned the laser, managing to increase its overall output in a way that even House Aquilas' own scientists and engineers hadn't managed to figure out. Data intrinsic to the wave of the laser seemed to have been altered as everything seemed to come right once again... silence would fall over the room as some of the smartest men and women in the galaxy hung off of her every word.

"The equation used previously was off, I've corrected the balance"

Felix was in shock, a smile creeping up his face as he would begin to chuckle and then laugh at the answer. It was as if she saw something so obviously wrong that she didn't even feel the need to describe its function, leaving the data oriented scientists int he room utterly dumfounded. Their internal voices begging to know HOW exactly it was wrong. But, Felix had a feeling he knew the answer, looking to the beam the power up had given it a more dense profile, one that would resist the curvature of the space time, breaching through the effects of the hyperspace lattice.

It was a perfect ratio, power output to density to power created, one that would have likely been found years later with constant experimentation that would have numbed the minds of the people who performed it. And it was perfected at a glance in real time, during a crisis. Not a single aspect of this victory was lost on Felix as he walked up, and hugged the girl without reservation. Pulling back with his hands on her shoulders and staring her in the eyes with his own eyes of magnificent shining gold, brimming with electric excitement.

"You! are amazing!!! That flaw has been in the system for a DECADE without our scientists to be able to crack it!" He would exclaim in pure delight.

"So, now that you've been working for me for almost an hour now, how about a promotion? Lets say.... Director of Diagnostics? You'd have your own teams, your own ships and the freedom to pursue your own projects. Whatever you wand, fully funded with little more than a phone call to me. What do you say?"

Felix's eyes were wrought with hope, he honestly could not believe what he'd witnessed, as the other scientists and engineers around her applauded loudly the competency of the girl. Many of them saying things like "well done" and "Do it!" whistling and yelling encouraging remarks as they all awaited her response with baited breath.

Taking the military stance while she delivered her simplified report of her work was something that had been a part
of her life for years, it was a miracle that she did it without saluting as well. His smile and even chuckle made her a
little unsettled as she had seen senior officers start laughing before shooting crew over minor errors, so when he
suddenly stepped in her direction to hug her, Finnea
immediately stepped backwards but got caught in his determined grip. With her head to his shoulder and un gloved
hands grasping at the clothes at his sides, she felt a wave of shock run sharply through her. She started to breathe a
little faster and was pale when he pulled away to hold her by her shoulders instead, now moving her hands to clasp
over is wrists, slowly letting go, looking around herself.

Could they all tell she had an reaction? She blinked rapidly, inhaling slowly to collect herself again, forcing a smile to
present to Felix, glad that he was happy with her work. He had meant well when he hugged her, of course. She shook
her head to make the images of crew members at her side collapse from gunshots away. She had just barely taken
Felix's words to heart, accepting the gratitude when he asked if she would like the position of Director of Diagnostics.
She couldn't believe what he said, so she assumed that she heard him incorrectly at first, starting to shift a little.

"I..uhm..excuse me?" she asked, wanting him to repeat himself even if she had heard it all correctly the first time.
It was just so absurd, going from an petty officer to a director. To gain access to all the information of new and old
technology, to have her own ship to go where ever she wanted to? Her own crew? The applause around her felt loud!

No.

She shook her head for him, slowly. "No." she breathed and saw the reaction around herself, they all seemed to
find her answer unpleasing. Finnea quickly looked back up at Felix, her rare eyes wide. "I mean, yes, of course I
want the position. It would be a dream come true. It'd be an great honor."
she spoke out loud for them all to hear
but standing before him, her eyes was silently pleading with him to leave this room immediately. "Please,
walk with me?"
it was nearly a whisper and she waited for his signal to walk ahead as quickly as possible.

Once they left the rector room, Finnea started walking ahead aimlessly, she just needed little distance while she
cleared her mind to find the right words. She finally stopped and turned back around to Felix. She opened her
mouth to complain that she wasn't qualified, that she had never had any rank higher than a Petty Officer, but
she could tell already that it was not the problem. It was another word that had been the trigger.

Freedom.

Finneas eyes averted from him to the window a few feet from them, staring into space as she crossed her arms.
"Freedom, Mr. Aquila, is a luxury only few will receive in their lifetime. I've never known it and will forever be
grateful to you for the oportunity"
she slowly looked to him, giving him the smallest but most sincere smile.

Equipment:
At first he thought she was declining his offer, confused and intrigued as to why he was about to say something when she managed to clarify her position a little more, concern still strewn across the mans' face as he would listen attentively, the audience was perhaps not helping matters. He could read the awkwardness and panic that flew across her face as she would claim that she wants the position, but ask to walk with her, beginning to move out to the coridoors outside the reactor room. Felix would oblige, moving with her and keeping pace as she would signal the others to continue their work.

Heading out into the hallway, not stopping but rather continuing on through the interior of the ship, Felix would listen to her concerns, her thanks and the revelations that it seemed like she was going through. She'd been a slave, by another name, for longer than he head too it seemed. Perhaps without knowing it quite so well.... however knowing it nonetheless. Felix would nod, it was all a slave could dream about, it had even crossed his mind a few times while he had been in captivity, although he had always known he would be released far before his family.

Felix would lean close, holding out a hand palm down for one of hers, allowing it to hang aloft until she would take it, and he would hold it, "Freedom is yours now, and you don't owe me anything. But i will accept you as part of my inner circle. Your talents are amazing, and you're going to make this Galaxy a saver, more amazing place to be in because if you one day." If she took his hand, he would smile, running a thumb over it gently and moving back towards the bridge of the ship as they had more to explore still.

"Did you want to go to the bridge or the R&D station first to see what we were working on, or perhaps somewhere else?" He'd leave the question open, thinking she may want to go and see one of the ships they had made already in the hanger. Each of them works of art, sleek and elegant chrome plating making them appear like something from the future. Majestic in their own right. The scope of the station they were in was broad indeed.

Awaiting for her decision, Felix would begin moving for the elevator. not so fast as to leave her behind, but he would keep an eye on her in case of an emotional reaction. He was here for her, and her escape from captivity. He got it, and so he would make sure everything was fine.

It was the least he could do, considering....

The second her words left her, she had regretted it, after all, Finnea wasn't used to speaking so freely about what she felt.
Not that she had even shared that much of her inner life with him other than letting him know just how much the
oportunity to climb the ladder out of a lifetime of service for the Sith had ment to her. To be able to pursuit her passion
for mechanics and engineering. To learn even more than she already knew.

So when he stepped up to her, leaning in and holding his hand out for her she had hasitated for a moment before she
slowly put her smaller hand his. She stood quite still, looking down at their hands as he spoke so highly of her, and
finished by running his thumb over her hand before he stepped aside, walking ahead towards the elevators. Finnea
didn't move, just lifted the hand he had helt to her chest, shielding it with her other hand as if he had burned her.

Finnea knew she was intelligent when it came to numbers and codes. She had always excelled in it. She had even
been told, but not directly as it was senior officers bragging about her like she was some sort of new equipment.
Right now, she didn't feel like some fancy humanoid droid. Was it the touch? Or the appraise she recieved directly?
Perhaps the combination.

His words cut her off from her train of thoughts and she turned around to face him, smiling slightly. "The R&D would be
nice, Mr. Aquila."
As she started to walk, she let her hands fall back down to her sides, looking out through the huge
windows, her heart beating with excitement over this day when she entered the elevator with him.
Watching him in secret, she tried to make up her mind about this guy. She couldn't place him as her first impression
was that of a soldier. And now he showed her around his incredible station, hiring her in a high position, director of
diagnostics.

Then she suddenly hit the emergency stop button that made the elevator halt. With her hand still to the panel, she
watched him with a serious expression. "You realise, of course, that you'd be hiring a saboteur. That... is basically all
that you know about me, that I betrayed my previous..."
she stopped talking as she felt like the words would choke
her, her eyes shifted a bit until she inhaled and met his gaze again.

"So what makes you confident I won't do the same to you?"

Equipment:
R&D it is

Walking through the station with someone else was surreal, he couldn't wait for the reveal at the end of the tour. Moving down polished white and varnished wooden halls strolling by as the occasional mouse droid in white or silver skittered down the halls. They needed to walk down one of the hallways towards the main station as opposed to being on one of the prongs. As they walked, the conversation continued on.

"Our station is fully furnished and self sustaining, it grows its own food in greenhouses with meat products being transported snap frozen from the some of our nearby stations, state of the art facilities be they living or recreation. Recreation rooms for sport or leisure exist in the form of a small open park... An interesting fact about our R&D facility, the particle lasers that we use are one of the few inventions that I have come up with here. My expertise is more in marketing, but I'll tell you, there's no-one in this place that understands light and the wave spectrum like I do." He'd throw a sly wink her way as they would reach the other side, only to hear her next question, causing Felix to stop at the door, turn and meet her eye.

"Do you plan to?" He would ask, focusing on her body-language, There was a benefit to being able to control light, it meant being able to zoom like a magnifying glass on command when it came to drawing light towards his own eyes. It would allow him to see micro-expressions, the kinds of things people couldn't avoid when it came to lying, whether it be shuffling in place, averting his gaze, or potentially hundreds of other tells that changed from person to person.

"However, if you mean that should the order be given to destroy all innocent life on a planet, you would do anything necessary to prevent that from occuring? Then Good, I expect nothing less. A company needs a heart sometimes to keep its brain in check. And if you're volunteering, I want to give you the power to matter." He would watch and wait for her reaction, his face serious, but not confrontational. She would be able to tell he was meaning what he said, as he then opened the door to the R&D area. Labs would line the hallways to either side, people doing experiments with energy frequencies, attempting to make new compound materials, experimenting with new forging techniques and more as they would track down the halls. Boards covered in holo projectors splayed with notes as groups pondered problems and debated hotly.

"Welcome to where the magic happens, although the REAL R&D station is planet side, the research here is relegated to ship-building specifically. But things get crazy in the planet labs." He'd laugh, as he continued to stalk the hall.

Finnea consumed his every words as he started to explain to her about how the station was being self sustained with food from the greenhouses and meat coming from nearby facilities but what got her ears perking was the mention of an recreation room. She didn't even notice herself walking closer to him, as if to hear more about it when he mentioned the particle lasers that were used. She smiled behind him, nodding along with his word. "Sounds to me like an challenge. Perhaps I'll be able to learn more about light and the wave spectrum working for you?" she shrugged, having her hands placed on her back as walked, curious eyes following one of the mouse droids that ran past them, only just catching his sly wink in the corner of her eye.

His answer to her concerning question had her thrown off a bit, her hand still resting on the button of the elevator as he spoke and her eyes narrowing as if she couldn't understand him at first. She didn't know him very well, but he was very well spoken and made his point clear as day. It was exactly what she had meant without being able to put it to words herself. So she started to nod slowly, showing him she understood, her hand slipping from the button after activating the elevator again. "Should such thing ever be the case, I won't hesitate and this station will be stardust before you know it. I won't be a part of any more cruelty." she lifted her chin, staring directly at him with fierce eyes showing the fire within her. "That's a promise."

Feeling that the short discussion of the matter of trust was finished for now, she kept in pace with him, no longer strolling behind. Confident and curious eyes scanning the R&D area they just entered. A slight smile formed over her face, slowing down the pace just a little at first. "Wow.." the word just slipped out of her as she walked past him in a quick pace, getting close to one of the holo-screens, reading the notes taken only to have something else catch her eyes; a small laser shooting at some material she couldn't quite make up what was at first. She made inaudible contact with some of the researchers by bowing her head slightly in respect which was an gesture that were returned. She knew she would get to know many of these people later, if she decided to stick to this station and not run off.

She turned back to face Felix again, hands to her own cheeks and with an expression that revealed her enthusiasm for this entire place. It was very much like entering a dream she hadn't dared to wish come true, the entire place felt perfect to her. "I can hardly believe this. I'd be thrilled to just be sweeping the floors around here!" A burst of pure joy clearly showed as she spun around to have another look around the R&D area. "And to think I almost didn't go through with it. I'd most likely either be dead, dying or ... still wasting my life." looking over her shoulder, she gave him a genuine smile.

Walking through the R&D area sparked her hunger for more knowledge, like she couldn't sit down and devour all the data and information soon enough but she knew that this was only for orientation purposes today. She would have to sit down and process all that had happened later.

Equipment:
"Perhaps you will, I guess we'll ahve to wait and see"

Her answer to his follow up question however, almost made him beam, he'd chosen well, walking the halls with her, hands in his pockets as he would experience her joy vicariously. He was sure of his next move, a hand in his pocket holding something that he knew would change her life more than he already had. There was no going back from here, so, as she mused over the science and the numbers within each room, a couple of the younger scientists noticing the pretty girl who pressed up against the glass of their rooms.

Final Phase...

Felix would wait at the elevator, watching and waiting as she fawned over the department, "I was very much the same when I was young, and this was a station made by my father, before the R&D wing existed, this was just a ship-building station and nothing more. But even that was able to astound me... had me dreaming of other worlds... but the first other world i ever saw was tatooine. When i learned that it was destroyed tens of thousands of years ago... my only response was to wonder why no-one had fixed it yet." He'd smirk, remembering an easier time as the elevator would open wide for him, his hand placed within it to ensure that it would remain, eyes transfixed on the girl.

"Well now, there's one place left on the tour, if you'd like to come this way, to the bridge" His earnest smile would broaden, hoping she would cross the threshold and he could take them to the mezzanine floor. The whirring of the elevator escalating at incredible speeds. "I know this has been a lot, there's going to be a little bit more and then I promise no more surprises... So, what's running through your mind?" He couldn't help but wonder, final thoughts as they approached their clandestine destination.

How awfully strange.

To come from a background where she felt like an unwanted burden for her family and later being transformed into a pawn for the Sith to expose of when no longer needed, to finally arriving at a place where her first instinct wasn't to try and be as grey and dull as possible in fear of taking a beating just because someone didn't like your face that day. Here she clearly saw a future where she could grow into who she was truly ment to be and expand her knowledge and skills. A hunger that had always been inside her started to grow as Finnea walked through the research and development area, watching the experiments as well as the curious, but kind faces that occasionally would step forward to properly greet her.

It was hard to explain this feeling that brewed inside her as she carried on walking slowly to take in all that she observed. Stopping in front of one of the glasses near the elevator, she watced the researcher behind it working on a large holo screen when she heard Felixs voice telling her about his experience coming her as a young boy and dreaming about other worlds. She turned around half way with an rised eyebrow and half a smile. "Tatooine? The two-suns-and-three-moons desert planet? It's indeed strange how it lost it's lush rainforests. A mystery waiting to be solved?" she turned to walk over, entering the elevator with him, leaning back against the wall with her hands on the surface behind herself, giving him an unreadable expression.

"Actually, I've never set foot on another planet than Arkania and even then I-" it seemed like she was about to open up and tell him something personal but judging by the way she shut her eyes hard, like she was cursing herself for almost going there, it wasn't likely she would anytime soon. She shaked her head and looked away, letting him know she wouldn't finish that thought. Feeling the elevator move quickly she felt relieved that Felix would speak again even if it ended in a question that took her a little off-guard. "What's on my mind?" she repeated his question, finally looking back to him again, still leaning against the same wall, feeling the elevator come to a smooth stop and the doors open nearly without making a sound.

"Honestly?" she looked up at her side to him as they stepped out of the elevator. "I think that one guy working with the nuclear power setup for one of the new engines might be a tad off in his equation and I hope he figures it out soon or else he'll be wasting a lot of time." she didn't smile. "But that's not the answer you were looking for, of course. I am wondering where I'll stay. I am looking forward to let all the impressions of the day sink in and start reading the blueprints of the station and the layouts. I want to know this place by heart and all the technology onboard inside-out" she smiled to herself.

"Now.. the bridge, huh?" She smiled comfortably.

Equipment:
Felix would deliberate, but at her response to Tatooine, he could remember the tales of the ancestral people of the planet, the ones who had rebelled against the Rakatan Empire only to see their entire world annihilated in the Rakatan's revenge. One of the last planets to face the wrath of the dying species. The Kumumgah, later became the Jawa and the Tusken Raider species the Ghorfa. It was a tragedy with freedom at the heart of it, and one he had sought to repair ever since the young man had found himself returned to power.

Felix planned to pry on her thought of other planets after she stopped herself abruptly, though that seemed insensitive, it had only been yesterday she was freed from a form of slavery of not only the body, but the mind. The Sith were always thorough when it came to ruling through fear, escaping that was... difficult. But, as her mind wandered in the elevator, Finnea mused on the equations of other learned scientists, correcting them mentally like a savant as they made their way to the bridge, something that became somewhat of a last straw for the Knight Obsidian, drawing out a small device from his clothing and holding it out toward her. Some form of biometric scanner, the kind that would prick a finger...

"You know, its suspicious that someone, as young as you has the level of intelligence that you do, savants of your scale are rarer than rain on Tatooine without there being a deeper meaning to it all. So... if you wouldn't mind, I'd like to take a small blood sample. I try not to believe in co-incidences, and the force is... well... a tricky thing for people like me who have a habit for spending time in the future."

If Finnea refused or accepted, Felix wouldn't mind, putting the device back into his jacket pocket. Not saying much else about the topic, as there was very little more to say until some of the results came back. But sure enough the elevator doors would open to a control room, wide windows in a 360 degree bridge looking out over the entire Satellite. People communicating with incoming ships and performing tasks integral to operations everywhere they looked, people typing commands and performing continual server observation and maintenance as engineers and operators worked together in the lavish helm, too busy to even notice Felix and his guest save for a manager that nodded his way.

"Pretty amazing isn't it?" He'd comment, stepping back and allowing her to take it in, letting her react to the place before making any further comment. "I always loved the view from up here... So, now that the tour is over, what do you think?" Without further explanation, he would listen to her response as he'd take a card key from his pocket, an administrative master key that would give access to most anywhere on the vessel and holding it out for her. "Excellent, because I'm giving it to you. My new Director of Diagnostics needs an office after all." He'd all but chuckle, and it would be noted that the clicking and clacking of people around the room would have slowly petered off, the eyes of the management here were on them now and light applause would begin to fill the room.

"It's a lot, i know, but you can do this."

Sharing her observation of the researchers work was nothing more than her getting something that had bothered her a little
bit off her chest so when Felix stopped and held the small device towards her, Finnea stopped in her track and looked down at
it, trying to make sense of what it was. Once she realized it, she shot him a look of confusion but held her hand out as he
explained his suspicions. "Go ahead, I don't mind you testing my blood. But I am half Arkanian after all." she gave half a smile
and a little shrug as she felt the sting of the needle to her finger, taking the sample from her blood. She withdrew her hand
again and shielded it a little, checking the finger for a second to see that the little blood there was stopped. Being half
Arkanian didn't have to mean much, but her family as she knew it back then was quite wealthy and intelligent people and
thus quite proud and arrogant as well.

She didn't quite have the time to elaborate as the elevator doors opened to reveal the 360 degree bridge, making her jaw
drop for a second. She stepped forward, letting go of the hand that she had momentarily cradled and tried to take in what
she was seeing with wide eyes. Felix's voice made her nod slowly, her eyes still darting from one worker to the next but
mostly out through the windows. It was such a spectacular view from up here!

"What do I think?" Finnea looked over her shoulder to Felix like he had asked her the stupidest question there was to be asked.
"Mr. Aquila, not only are you having ships built and designed here, but the entire station itself is a modern, and technical advanced
adventure. Every department seem to work perfectly together to bring ideas from the drawing boards to construction."

she took a pause to face him properly. "I have no way to express my gratitude towards you and the opportunity you've given me."
she said calmly and placed a hand to her chest and bowed slightly.

But Finnea had no idea what was about to hit her.

Staring down at the card key that he handed her, her mind went blank for a moment. The light applause made her look around
herself again and then back up at Felix. She didn't believe him. She thought it was a cruel joke, that some insane torture was
about to ensue and with her hand to her chest, trying to calm herself down, she suspiciously looked to the men that stood the
nearest to them. Where was the batons?

His next words where comforting and something in the way he said them made her calm down. She closed her eyes hard, she
needed to tell herself that she had left her cruel past, that this was safety. She needed it to be. She tried to regain her posture
as she slowly put out her slightly shaking hand for him to hand her the master key, making her let out an odd sound. Finnea
was staring at the card like it was the most valuable thing she had ever held, which it probably was. This wasn't just a master
key to her. Slowly, she lifted her eyes back up at Felix and the expression she gave off was very rare - gratitude couldn't be
expressed more clearly. Inaudible, her lips formed the words 'thank you'. She wasn't able to vocalize without risking her posture.
She didn't want to show any big emotions, she didn't want anyone around to see her tremble, especially when she now would
hold such a high position and she had both seen and experienced only leaders that showed very little emotions. Except anger.

Her fingers locked around the master key, holding it tightly as she turned around to give the crew a little nod of acknowledgement
but her head stayed down far longer than needed. When she finally raised, chin lifted, it was to let them know on a somewhat
graceful queue that she was about to leave the bridge. She quickly passed Felix, having the elevator open it's doors for her to
step inside, getting to the wall furthers back, away from view, still tightly holding the master key.

"I feel so confused and... scared." she spoke only when she heard the footsteps behind her and the doors closing. Finnea turned
around to look up at Felix as the elevator moved. "I don't feel competent as a director and I don't feel like I've earned it." she felt
a pinch deep inside for allowing herself to open up and share some of her personal thoughts on the matter but something told
her she wouldn't get scolded for it.

Equipment:
Felix watched the girl freeze, it was something he expected, this was an insane stunt, but one that he was proud that he had made. Finnea was a wonderful person, to lead the place as director of Diagnostics, though she would not be operating without oversight, Felix wanted to make her feel like she was being thrown in the deep end without supports. In reality however, there was a process that needed to be undergone from now to the point that she would begin to start working. There were certain things that needed to be sat down and conveyed, just to ensure that she understood the weight of her job description as well as her actual duties.

But it seemed that as she accepted the key and the applause became a little louder from the faceless crowd around them, she wanted to make yet another escape, Felix would follow her happily, moving into the elevator and hitting the button to take them to some of the actual offices, that way once they arrived they could sign some documents and see everything underway. She would express her hesitancy, feeling the imposter syndrome of someone who had received a massive prize without doing something to earn it.

"Oh, I don't know about that, you broke an entire ship production station, seems only fair that i replace it. The choice to act and destroy it is the kind of thing a good captain would do, so, I made you one. Becoming a Director of my company, someone who actually sits at the table and make big decisions... well... that's me going out on a limb. But, rather than thinking that you haven't earned this. Why don't you prove to me that I haven't made a bad decision."

He'd smile reassuringly, wanting to take her hand, but feeling as though it was a better idea that he not. Though he would move a little closer for comfort, leaving his hand at his side, available in case she wanted to come to him. He couldn't help but thumb the device in his pocket which transmitted her blood for analysis, awaiting the reading to whether or not she would have potential in the ways of the force. The Sith must have been drawn to this girl for her to be in their employ... and for him to stumble across her at random, someone this young, this intelligent, someone who put prodigies in their place.

Such events were seldom random.

"Alas, just a couple last minute things to do, some documents to sign, have to set up a payment account with the banking clan for you, unless you have one. Your Salary, Benefits, your official job descriptions and the like. Free Dental and Workplace Health insurance is nice, And you get a ship." He'd end, opening the door and stepping into an office. Today was the start of a brand new day for house Aquila.

The beginning of a brand new world.

Although she hadn't really known Felix for very long, she already knew a few things about him that would
probably be wise to keep in mind. One of those things was that this man was good with his words and that
it probably was because of his status as a noble. So when he managed to flip it around from her feeling like
she didn't deserve all of this to rather having her think of it as an opportunity to show him that he hadn't
made a bad decision, she felt more at ease. Of course it seemed impossible when she hadn't even seen
any of the tasks she would be handling or fields of responsibility. But all of that would change and she would
get to know how to do her new job.

Calming down, her expression went from a stiff and nervous one into a weak smile and her eyes softening as
she slowly nodded her agreement. As Felix moved a little closer, Finnea tried to read him again, her damaged
mind still alert and waiting to get randomly attacked even if her rational mind knew he wouldn't do that.

The sound of the elevator announcing it's arrival and the doors opening was the perfect distraction and
opportunity for her to follow him back out from the elevator, listening closely as he would explain to her
what was missing before they could end this day. "I..eh... don't have one, we'll have to set up that account
and -"
she slowed down until she fully stopped, yet again staring at him like he had said something insane.
Well. It was kind of insane to her, anyway. "A SHIP." it wasn't a question. But she hadn't intended for the
words to be as loud.

She sucked in her lips and covered them with her hand as if to indicate that she regretted the volume.
Making a few running steps she caught back up with him, shaking her head. She had several things to say
about owning a ship but she had the feeling that he already could tell how big of a deal that was to her.
That was absolute freedom to have her own ship after all. So instead of spending her words telling him so,
her mind rushed to the only thing she found important to have said. "I need flying lessons." she smiled
brightly, indicating that whatever ship this was, she wanted to pilot it herself. She felt that bubble of enthusiasm
and she didn't stand a chance when the most peculiar sound forced itself out of her - a laughter. It was short,
just under her breath, but it was there.

It felt amazing to finally rediscover herself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom