Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Operation Stickybeak. [Galactic Alliance|First Order]

With but a single sentence, what had begun as a caf trip evolved dramatically. Both the Behemoth and the noblewoman departed from the cafe at a brisk pace, braving the streets that had become a target. Then, in under a minute, Malok and [member="Ajira Cardei"] stepped into a rather impressive speeder and made the trip to her vessel. In truth, the speeder had caused his Malok's eyebrows to raise - for it managed to fit his mammoth form without much issue. However, what awaited them at the end of their very quick trip caused his eyes to widen.

Exceptional craftsmanship awaited takeoff before his eyes.

He didn't waste any time staring, for there was not a moment to spare, but the "ship buff" inside was excited. This vessel kicked the literal chit out of any ship he had been on before...by leagues and leagues. Upon stepping within, the noblewoman addressed her crew and received some intelligence on the situation. Now, while Malok's "fleet-ese" was rusty at best, the words "civilian vessel hostages" caused his nostrils to flare. Warfare was warfare, but still...cowardice didn't sit right with the Behemoth. When the woman turned to face him, Malok nodded along saying:

"Much obliged, ma'am. I just need to inform them not to return, lest they become a target." He then offered a toothy grin. "I'm a good shot, show me the way."

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Malok"]

The Jubilee shivered gently as it rose a few dozen metres, in case sensors detected incoming fire or a panicked ship. The spaceport had a theatre shield, of course, but you could never be too careful.

"This way, then," said Ajira. "I'll show you the gunnery station and take you to the comm centre." The Jubilee's corridors were cramped for a capital ship, but they still fit Malok's frame easily enough. "This is a Laureate-class science vessel, Royal Naboo Ship Jubilee, assigned to the University of Naboo at Versai. Light frigate, civilian-grade shields, competent defensive loadout, some very heavy tractor/pressor emitters, and a grand total of eight capital barrels." A door hissed open. "This is Crewman Horst, who has kindly been serving as my gunnery officer, controlling fire solutions for two dual turbolasers and two dual ion cannons. He's a civilian engineer by trade, and a good one. Mister Horst, this is...you know, I didn't get your name. I'm Commodore Ajira Cardei. Mister Horst, our friend here will be taking your seat as soon as he makes a call."

The crewer wilted in relief. "Thank you, ma'am. A pleasure to meet you, uh, sir."

A brief walk would put Malok in the comm centre, where ship security would look at him somewhat askance, but the comm officers would prove extremely accommodating.

By this point the attack had been going on for only a handful of minutes, but still, the situation was developing in unpleasant ways.

GBSl36R.png

[member="Face"]

There were many reasons that people didn't attack the Alliance willy nilly. One of those reasons, and the most potent, was the fact that Omega Pyre and the Galactic Alliance had a tendency to fortify their worlds and have ready fleets available. This made them relatively hard to completely take over. Those same ships doing patrols saved from some commerce raiding.

The Merchant Fleet was the other reason that people tended not to raid into Alliance space. You never knew which ships were going to be pure merchants and which would be armed privateers.

Some people needed to learn that the hard way.

"Janta, get on the guns, someone's getting stupid." Keric said over the ships comms to the crew area. He heard an affirmative reply cuddled in between cuss words as his first officer got into the turret control. "Arr-six, activate sensors and ping everything actively." He got a whistle in response. The ships turrets activated, and sensors began sweeping everything around them. He peeled the ship over and took aim at a raider that had locked onto another merchant ship. Two quad laser cannons and two rail guns began to pepper it with fire as Keric turned onto it's six and hung on tight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom