Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OPERATION: Shattered Spear, War Room

AvRe

[SIZE=9pt]War… it was coming and there was nothing that anyone could do about. The Protectorate spiraling down a hole of confusion and desolation that they wouldn’t recover from until it was too late. And now, in their darkest hour, Avery questioned if he should stay or leave the people he had grown to respect. There was his best friend, Captain Tacer, that he had no doubt would leave with him if he were to go. Then there was Nexus and Fireson, whom would find their own why out if it came to that, Chris would most likely stay with Ari and Cypher. Credius would… well, Avery didn’t Know about him. Then there was Ari and Cypher, the leader of the Protectorate. He imagined that those two would go down with the ship. Still, Avery would stay for now.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]---------------------------------------[/SIZE]​

[SIZE=9pt]By order of Consul Zanareth, Avery had gathered all officials of the Protectorate. They would discuss the plan of the action surrounding the invasion. Avery sat, leaning back in one of many chairs that surrounded the circular table. They all knew what was coming. It was either the end or the salvation and Avery, now for the first time in his life, hoped for the salvation of something. But he and the others would see. He shifted his gaze between the others that sat around the table, waiting for someone to say something.[/SIZE]

Fireson appeared from a holo caster. He had some busy stuff to do like planning a assaisination attempt.

"Hello," Fireson said. "I was requested to come to this meeting. Please do not let this be a waste of time. What is the agenda?"

[member="Nexus Krae"] [member="Avery Regailis"]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YuCvOxDgOE[/youtube]​

A war with a greater, more powerful faction within the confines of the galaxy. The outcome of such a clash would define the power within the core, those who would win, would gain control over immense wealth and power, those that would lose though...would see the fire of their spirit flickering out into non-existence. Though he could easily remove his hands from this conflict and simply wait till the dust had settled, the relationship with the protectorate was cordial and beneficial to him, while the Core Imperial Protectorate was known to be more selfserving and a bit harder to wrestle into, making the marquis' choice rather easy.

Sitting in one of the chairs at the back due to the fact that he only represented himself and his company's interests in the Corporate Protectorate, the marquis was still quite keen to keep an eye on the progress within the faction, be it laws or war, they were all part of his own machinations and he had to keep everything under control if need be. "Apparently there is to be conflict with another major player within the core, if I am correct?" Credius stood up in response to the image on the holocaster asking the question, making a courteous and civil nod to all who attended, with ofcourse the consuls in particular. "Though my relation with the Core Protectorate as of now is merely defined by my desire to expand into your faction with both my wealth and my company, I am willing to extend my hand and offer my full support when needed."

Waiting for a moment to feel the room, to see how much tension or relief there was after this news, Credius cleared his throat and held up a few documents. "As of this moment, my company is in the process of making the finishing touches to my Tyrant cruiser program, but more importantly, through some pull, I might be able to succesfully deliver you up to ten Skirmisher Class frigates, that is...if you desire me to do so after all."

Fireson looked at Credius. He knew that the Tyrant program would be a good new fleet of ships, but He did not want to speak his mind. The main question in his mind was where the threat was coming from.

"Where is the threat coming from?" asked Fireson. "If it is Fel, I am ready to wipe them all from the bottom of my desk. The Fel needs to die, but I digresss."

[member="Credius Nargath"] [member="Nexus Krae"] [member="Avery Regailis"]

Ari Zanareth

A
[member="Avery Regailis"] [member="Fireson V'Trechen"] [member="Credius Nargath"] [member="Nexus Krae"]

Ari gave them all a glance.

"We are going to war with the Core Imperial Confederation. I've long had a hunch they may attempt to strike us first and snuff us out. Therefore we are going to strike first and push back their borders. Most of our fleet has been rearmed and refitted in the past month. We'll be going in with a very large and full force."

She paused.

"I'll need those who wish to see the Protectorate expand participate. Notably I'll need a team that will go with me, and one that;'ll command the fleet as Cypher has been.... hard to reach lately."

The real reasons were kept a bit more close to the chest. They needed more wealth, and it was just a probing test to see where they were militarily. This campaign was just the first shot in many to come. They aimed for the grand prize. But all things must be revealed in time, and with care....

Walking in the room, Renn would stand and wait his turn. Hearing of the invasion he wanted in, these payed well and he was a strategist. Waiting there he looked around and noticed Credius. Cursing to himself, he hoped they were still on good terms. He didn’t want to draw a weapon in here.

When it was his turn to speak, he spoke with confidence. “Hello, I here your planning an invasion and I would like to help. Give me ships and I will blow through whatever they have. I can also just blow what they have. I know strategy, and I know how to surprise an enemy. So let me help you, if you want I can even be on the ground I can fight in most terrain. The choice is yours, loose less life and money with me, or let some lowlife idiot get your men killed.” Pausing for a moment he would start again. “And if I don’t get a job here I’ll go to the other side and offer my services there.”

Relaxing he would wait on the answer, his “speech” wasn’t incorrect he knew strategy. He knew the enemy would be surprised if he can act out his plan.

[member="Avery Regailis"] [member="Mike V'Trechen"] [member="Credius Nargath"] [member="Ari Zanareth"]

With a sigh, Credius simply gave a nod when the consul spoke up. Listening to her explanation, her desired tactics and the design of this imminent invasion. On paper it all looked good, but just as she had demonstrated before with her advocation of ruthless pragmatism, it seemed that even with all these military men in the room, she was the only one putting up and formulating some sort of plan.Though Credius did not have a military position or was part of their military at all besides perhaps his logistical role as a potential supplier of more effective weaponry and ships, he had still lived the youth of an Eriaduan, which meant going to possibly the finest military academy one could find in the highly militarized Seswanna sector. That same education paired with his analytical mind had already proven to be an asset in most, if not all his endeavors.

It was thus, that when he noticed the bountyhunter who had snuck onto the premises of the Nargath Palacecomplex and had displayed an aggressive, almost ruthless stance, was also present at this meeting. It was...a bit dangerous to have that man so close to his more public dealings, as after all he had already seen what the marquis really was or had at least caught a glimpse of it. "Perhaps, if I may be so bold, madame consul, esteemed gentleman of the military," The marquis made a courteous nod to the present members, His eyes caught onto Renn for a moment before turning towards the Consul herself. "The Imperial Federation is arrogant, they know that you've been stretched thin in your efforts to expand the Protectorate's assets. However, they have yet to know of my involvement and I believe it is exactly because of this, one could employ a bold and daring strategy in the face of an enemy with a larger army and navy contingency."

The marquis pointed at Renn and gave a nod to the man. "Give that man my promised frigates, add perhaps a carrier or two with some starfighters. Keep this contingency in reserve, to blitz the enemy navy, while the main fleet draws their navy near, baiting them with a feigned retreat, the Skirmish Class frigates could easily end up doing severe damage if the one in command is daring enough to employ guerilla warfare into our overall strategy."

[member="Renn Garrick"] [member="Ari Zanareth"] [member="Fireson V'Trechen"] [member="Avery Regailis"]

Fireson looked at the man. Automaticly, Fireson knew that the man was a bounty hunter, smuggler, and all round outlaw. The man probably fought in some war.

"I suggest you join the project PRAECTOR," said Fireson. "If you wanted to do some war, I think that you woud be a good fit. I would happy to take you on."

[member="Credius Nargath"] [member="Avery Regailis"] [member="Nexus Krae"]

“I am not here to join a project, I am here to join the war as the head of ships. I can destroy my enemies, so don’t make yourself one of them. You all mighty crime lord, I’ve killed countless of them, so watch where you tread or a shark might come for a bite.” Renn would look back steh the council. He was standing at attention, his blasters were on standby.

[member="Fireson V'Trechen"] [member="Credius Nargath"] [member="Ari Zanareth"] [member="Avery Regailis"]

Fireson looked at Renn. He knew that he wanted to argue farther, but since he is on Holocaster. It was best to not do anything rational. He is ready to fight though.

"This is WHY I hate working with Bounty Hunters," Fireson whispered to himself. "They always think that they can do no wrong. They do not care about sides. They just kill people and it is so pitiful of them."

[member="Nexus Krae"] [member="Avery Regailis"] [member="Renn Garrick"]

You’re an idiot, why would I say my weaknesses, what’s not useful and tell them what makes me useful. It looks like your description of bounty hunters is a two system here.” Renn would now be annoyed and he was ready to pull his pistol. Firesin was being arrogant now and it was pointless.

[member="Fireson V'Trechen"] [member="Credius Nargath"] [member="Ari Zanareth"] [member="Avery Regailis"]

AvRe

[SIZE=9pt]Noticing the tension between Renn and Fireson, Avery rose. He extended his left hand, sending out a cold wind that blurred Fireson’s projection and moved the paper that laid on the table, it was as powerful as a statement of Avery. He hoped this would cease any possible argument so they could move on to more… pressing matters. After that Avery’s gaze drifted to Credius, then Renn. Credius’ ships would come in handy at the invasion and he had no doubt that Renn was a capable leader, when it came to ships. No none of that worried Avery and he knew Ari’s plan already.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]What Avery wished to discuss was Fireson and Nexus’ place in this battle, he knew that they’d have their plans, especially given their position in the Protectorate. Of course Fireson would most likely be on the ground and Nexus may be in the same category. He never imagined Nexus as the type to lead a fleet but then again everyone had talents they were hiding. He thought of his own objective, something he had not considered, even once. He supposed that he’d be Ari, on the ground. But now it seemed the battle in space would be a lot more important as a step in the invasion. Still, he would stay on the ground if needed elsewhere.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]He still pondered Fireson and Nexus’ positions. They were key figures in this war and he and the others needed them. Avery looked at Ari, hoping that she could sense what he was thinking.[/SIZE]

[member="Renn Garrick"] - [member="Fireson V'Trechen"] - [member="Credius Nargath"] - [member="Ari Zanareth"] - [member="Cypher Rage"]

Nexus presence was no different then it ever was, wearing adorned robes instead of typical clothing, and having a sword across his back, with a calm look on his face. He narrowed his eyes at his apprentice at his impatience, he still needed to teach him how to act. He was too aggressive publicly. While that was fine, if he were a mere soldier, he could not be allowed out and about with this much brash action.

They spoke of invasion, naturally that was certain eventually. It would regardless, still pose a threat. He listened as people went through their plans and positions. As Fireson seemed to gain tension with the bounty hunter as well. He grinned a little as Avery interrupted the little argument. Wordless.

It was time though he make his response to what he would be doing in all this matter, he looked to [member="Ari Zanareth"] "A ground assault would be a sufficient place for myself and Fireson, and if needed, the Zhorngi pose rather deadly foes on ground, especially when it comes to strikes and assassinations, on the battleground or in the dark. If it is required, I may assist, but it is not the most efficient route for me."

[member="Avery Regailis"] [member="Renn Garrick"] [member="Credius Nargath"]

Fireson looked out to Nexus. With that, Fireson agreed most handedly, but he did not have a layout of the area. Fireson was going to be blind. He calmed down and wait for his master to finish.

"With that, I agree," said Fireson. "What is the layout and what are we expecting? I need to start planning on our invasion. Do ya get my drift? If I do not have that info, we might be out numbered."

[member="Nexus Krae"] [member="Avery Regailis"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom