Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Operation Black Guard

[ooc:fine with me lol]
Darren was just absoulty suprised that Mia slaped him and was giving him orders. but he knew that he was causing a ruckus and that was not good. so he took the pistol and the trifold and was going to his room.

Darren was in his room pacing back and forth about the three places that were marked. The Emperor's Retreat, Lake Country and the Caves of Eleuabad. they were not of the same place like and he was trying to rack his brain on what conected these places. he talked in to his com link hoping that Mia was still conected saying "The Emperor's Retreat, Lake Country and the Caves of Eleuabad what do thoes places mean to you?" Darren had to find this out.

"I must confess I too would be most interested in knowing what the people of Hapes are planning. Naturally, I would be pleased to hear if you would consider joining the Republic. We need allies against the Sith." Daxton said glibly, hoping to gain new intel on a possible group hostile to his further plans. "Perhaps if we go to my room we can discuss this matter in private, without so many prying ears."

The places meant very little to Mia, she kjnew the Emperor's retreat and Lake country had been favourites of Emperor Palpatine's but the caves she could find not link with. She did not respond however, it was not an easy thing to do. She mused over it and grabbed a glass of something from a passing trya, taking a sip as the Jedi spoke up.

Mia nearly choked on her drink and began to cough so much it made her eyes water. The Chancellor gave her a confused look "Miss Monroe, are you alright?" he asked laying a hand on her arm.

"Fine." she wheezed, finally regaining control of herself "Just went down the wrong way." she cleared the tears from under her eyes, glad she had her comm on continual broadcast so Darren could hear her. "Surely it would be better to attend your own office, your Grace. It is after all, bug free and far from prying ears."

If they went back to the Jedi's room so soon he would know there had been a break in and the Chancellor would make the link and demand to know what happened. Oh, how she wanted to kill Darren right now.

(OOC: I guess that was more than enough time for them to respond. Moving the scene forward now.)

"I am sure in such a Republic friendly world such as Naboo, the Sith wouldn't dare show their faces here." Daxton said with not a hint of irony. "Of course, if the chancellor would prefer his office. I am just as amendable." Draining his glass, Daxton waited for the reply to know where they would be conducting the next order of business.

Mia let out a bark of laughter. "The sith go where they please, the fear nothing, certainly not the republic. Besides which they do not have to show their faces, they are more than capable of being among us without even being seen. Something as a jetti, I would have though you would know." The venom in Mia's voice was barely noticeable but she was among the best speakers and readers in the republic.

The Chancellor clicked his tongue in distaste, giving her a long hard look before offering an apologetic smile to Jedi Moone. "You must forgive my security head, her nationality makes her a hater of force users from birth. She is however correct where my office is concerned we will go there."

"I wasn't born on Mandalore." Mia muttered irritably.

"Keep talking Mia and I cut your pay." hissed the chancellor in her ear.

Mia offered a sweet smile to all of them. "Allow me to lead the way." she said her voice oozing with false kindness.

Darren listen in to their conversation. It looked like they were meeting in the Chancellors room. That was a good sign. Darren didnt want to head down there just yet. If they saw him they may want him to join or he could have another bout with Mia, Both of which he didnt want to do again. he whispered into the com "Tell me when you guys are in his room."

"Nothing to forgive, your grace. That is why we are trying to stamp out the darkness of ignorance so that people can know who the Jedi truly are in the light." The veiled insult aside, it was just flowerly enough to be overlooked, although ironic considering who was saying them. Daxton followed the pair to the Chancellor's room and waited to be bid to sit. Once the room was secure, he would say, "I do hope this location is safe enough to discuss matters without unnecessary ears overhearing. What I am about to tell you is privy to only a few people. Myself, the Queen, and her select advisors. It is because I want to reassure you, I am willing to speak of it to you and you alone."

Daxton hoped that the chancellor would dismiss his guard and give the Sith time to implant a small hypnotic suggestion unseen. Having the chancellor as his ally would greatly aid his efforts on this world.

Discretely his eyes scanned the room for possible locations for listening devices or surveillance cameras. He did not want to leave any evidence of what he was about to do behind.

The words 'fuck you' were on the tip of Mia's tongue at the Jedi's insult but she caught herself and settled for a steely glare instead. Once inside the Chancellors office she sent a click over the comm to tell Darren they were in the room. "I assure you this room is safe," the Chancellor said as he took his seat behind a huge desk, his back to the window that gave a glorious view of the city. "if it wasn't I would have died years ago." he chuckled to himself and waved at the seat opposite inviting the Jedi to sit while Mia moved to the edge of the window and stared unseeing out of it.

The chancellor gave her a sideways glance at the obvious request to have her leave, she caught his eye and raised an eyebrow at him, a very subtle communication that said 'I need you to live so I get paid remember, i'm not leaving you.'
"We are alone." he said finally looking back at the Jedi "Mia is deaf, isn't that right Mia?" Mia rolled her eyes and pulled the comm link out of her ear.
"Signing out." she said before deactivating it and settling it on the desk, shooting yet another dark look at the Jedi before returning to her spot by the window, hoping that Darren wasn't going to do something else ridiculous now she couldn't hear him. Satisfied that they had an understanding, the chancellor picked up the comm and dropped it into a drawer before interlocking his fingers and fixing the Jedi with a steady gaze. "We haven't got long Master Jedi, they will notice my absence from the gathering soon enough, so speak."

"As chancellor it is your right to know that the Queen and her council has approved of closer ties between the Republic and Naboo. To which end I have been invited to tour some of your more famous sites, and in return, the Republic and Jedi would be giving the Naboo a means to further her security against the threat of the Sith."

"Now in the spirit of better understanding between the Jedi Council and yourself, I would answer some of your questions regarding this matter."

Mia closed her eyes, glad she wasn't facing the Jedi. The famous sites dictated on the trifold Darren had stolen were the sites he was to be visiting. Oh she was going to kill Darren when this was over, what and idiot!

The chancellor let out a sigh "I can't say I am surprised by her highnesses actions. It is something that has been in great debate for many a month and she does have the right to make that decision, even if we do not agree with it." He coughed and waved his hand at Mia, who moved, somewhat reluctantly to a sideboard and retrieved him and the Jedi some water, not looking at either of them as she set the glasses on the table. "Mia, you have visited some of the famous places on Naboo have you not?" Mia gave him a dark look but nodded nonetheless. "Quite the historian is Miss Monroe, perhaps she can accompany you on your visits."

"Or not." Mia interceded, as she moved back once more to her spot.

"It wasn't a request." replied the Chancellor sharply before continuing as if her had not been interrupted "I am curious to know what it is the republic intend to give us? Will we have Jedi here? For that, as far as I am aware is the best defence against the sith."

Darren had masked his force energy. He moved to the corador of the Chancellor room. He stayed there. When he was in his room Mia sent a little blip to him over the com to say that they were there. he then heard that she was signing off. He knew that the chancellor would tell her to get off. He placed a echo device on the wall to the room. The echos from the people in the room speeking would make a vibration on the walls. the vibrations would be translated into words so Darren could hear what was said.

He had found out what the places were. and if the chancellor wanted to be alone with the Jedi he was going to be hurt. He knew that Mia may hate him for having suspisions about the trifold. but something was up with one of thoes places. He was sure of it!

"What I will tell you Chancellor is not to leave this room for I fear if the Sith find out they will attempt to sabotage or destroy it before it would arrive. The Republic is sending the People of Naboo defensive weapons to augment your arsenal and bring it to the level equal to other Republic worlds. The reason for keeping this a secret is that should the Sith do launch an attack, they would be in for a nasty surprise. As agreed up to respect the sovereignity of the Naboo people, we would not station Jedi on your world. In fact, as much as I hate to admit it in private, we are severely stretched and unable to send even the most journeymen of padawans. Still with our gift and a little training, the Naboo Security forces should be able to provide ample protection for your world."

"As for Ms. Monroe accompanying me. As delightful as it sounds I would hate to deprive you of her protective charms. I would like to ask you something in return chancellor." Pausing to give the man a chance to respond, a smug grin on his face. "I would like to know how and why someone deemed it important to break into my quarters. Surely the security of the palace would have spotted the thief. Unless he were a Sith spy, which would only confirm my initial concerns."

Darren was taken aback when the Jedi said that His room had been broken into. He missed something in the room. then he remembered that he didnot check the vents for any listing devices and such. He was so mad at himself. How could have he forgotten to search the vents!? He knew that reguardless of how this turned out Mia was going to do more than just slap him.

The Chancellor blinked at the information of defensive weapons, it seemed bizzare to him that the would send such a gift. Naboo were not short of their own defences. It seemed to him that the Republic were trying to place their own army on his doorstep, not to protect Naboo but to control it. He kept this to himself though and reached for his water taking a sip only to choke on it at Jedi Moone's final question.

Mia closed her eyes and swore loudly and the Chancellor, having recovered said "I would quite like to know the answer to that question myself." he said, the anger in his voice directed at Mia. "You didn't tell me the break in was Jedi Moone's apartment!"

"What was I supposed to say, ' hey, by the way your grace, that pompous osik of a freelance you hired took it upon himself to investigate the republic jetii based on some di'kulta suspicion he had.' That would have been grand, in front of the Hapan slut as well." The words exploded from Mia's mouth, her own anger rising again, not only at Darren for putting her in this situation but for the Chancellor's accusing tone.

"Mia Monroe, I suggest you watch that tongue of yours before I have it removed. And stop changing languages you know I cannot follow you when you do. Now which freelance are you speaking about?"

For a moment Mia said nothing, while she disagreed entirely with Darren's actions, she could not bring herself to give him up, she chewed her lip in thought.

"Mia." The chancellor pushed her with a simple word and she closed her eyes in dismay and bowed her head. "Darren." she said simply.

The Chancellor said nothing more to her. "Master Moone, I can only apologise for this disgusting violation of your privacy. I can assure you that this freelance will be removed from my service without pay and will not be allowed on site, something I can assure you Mia will garuntee. She might not be a sweet talker but she gets a job done, that much I know." He reached into his draw and handed her the comm ear piece back.

"Call him in, I want to hear this explanation."

Mia walked away again and sank onto a couch. " Darren you Mir'osik get in the chancellor's office now."

"Please chancellor no need for such extreme measures, I am sure they meant well. All I ask is that my belongings be returned to the way I left them and if possible I would be allowed to enjoy the sights your queen recommended to me without further incidents. Then perhaps after my sight seeing trip, we could discuss these matters in greater detail? I would love to hear your opinion on matters of security and planetary defense."

Darren heard over his com " Darren you Mir'osik get in the chancellor's office now." Darren knew that he was in deep shit for this. He walked to the door and knocked on it 3 times. The door opened for him and he walked in. He looked to see Mia on the couch oblivouly pissed at him. The chancellor looked down right mad and the Jedi was not mad at all. That is what confused him. The Jedi was not mad. Infact he was acting rather happy? He then moved to stand infront of the chancellor's desk. His helmet was scrached and he probably looked ragged. He didnt care. If he didnt follow through with this it didnt matter if he was going to get payed or not. the chancellor would be kidnaped or killed.

the spped at which Darren arrived at the chancellors door when he was supposed to be in his quarters raised Mia's suspicions and she narrowed her eyes at him, openly glowering at him as he crossed the room. "They was no they, in this jetii, only him." She corrected the Jedi coldly, not taking her eyes off of Darren.

"I appreciate your attempt to encourage me to be lenient but, I do no tolerate such action of disrespect unless ordered by myself. These are my staff I will handle them as I see fit. Darren, remove your helm please." The chancellor waved a hand to Mia who rose from the couch and activated a panel on the windows that caused them to darken. "The thing about hired hand is they have no respect, except perhaps Mia and even hers is somewhat.." he caught the look on her face and stopped. Mia moved round the chancellor to stand in front of Darren.

"Trifold." she snapped at him, holding her hand out "And whatever else you took." These were not requests, once she had received them she placed them gently on the table before the Jedi and moved to stand behind the chancellor.

"Come," said the chancellor rising from his desk "Master Moone we shall return to the gathering, no doubt the Queen will know I'm missing by now. Mia be a dear will you and settle this for me, you know what needs to be done, and do be careful with that dress please it was not cheap."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom