Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Operation Black Guard

Once more Daxton used the painful procedure to alter his appearance to the more 'benign' persona of Jedi Master Quark Henderson. He almost snickered as he exited the Royal Throne Room. He had just informed them that the Jedi Council had decided as an act of good faith to deploy 500 of their newest Liberty-Class Heavy Assault Tank to defend their world against possible Sith Aggression.

They had even agreed that the entire Naboo government would have a presentation ceremony in a weeks time. More than enough time for Daxton to plan little seeds of doubt in people's minds. What they did not know was after the tanks were on planet and before the soon to be horrified eyes of their assembled people, these weapons of war would be turned against them. Daxton would have decapitated the Naboo government and torn apart the trust in the Republic in one fell swoop. And who would the people turn in against in outrage? The Jedi, of course.

Walking down the steps, he proceeded to the apartment he rented. There was much he needed to do and so little time to do it in.

Darren was wearing his cermional armor. he always wore armor because he felt exposed without it. he would be near the front of the crowd. he was assined there as if thier would be an a.ttack on the people at the cermony. he felt a slight disturbance in the force. not as if there were sith near by but like something was .......missing. he pushed through the already gathering crowd to be near the front saying "let me through, excuse me, pardon sir," not wanting to make anyone mad. he felt confident from the new teachings that he receved from a holocron. he felt he was ready for the task at hand muttering to himself "this will be a walk in the park"

what he didnt know was that it would test his limits to the fullest.

Daxton could sense the presence of another force user nearby, and though his hands itched to grasp his lightsabers, he remembered that he was here as 'Jedi' and a guest of the queen no less. In a few days the queen and her government will be honored with the gift from the 'Jedi Council', and the Sith would have their revenge. For now, he had to bid time, pretend to be concerned, play the political game so to speak. Everything comes to the patient Sith and this time revenge would be a sweet cold dish.

Folding his hands benevolent, he greeted some of the councilors and inquired on their families. Seven days, he thought as he listened with half an ear to their meaningless drivel, seven days until havoc runs through the capital.

Mia had many contacts in the republic system.Some were just traders but she had the occasional up jumped politician whose earnings in their already overpaid roles were just not enough for them. So they dabbled in the illegal trades, and she smuggled their illegal trades off world under the noses of the more law abiding politicians and got paid well for it. This politician was no different. The conversation with her old Naboo contact had gone something like this.

"I need a body guard. You have served me well in the past with your skills."

"I'm a smuggler. I smuggle your illegal **** off the planet and drop it off for your idiots to pick up elsewhere. I am not a body guard."

"I need someone I can trust."

"Really? and your asking me?"

"I'll pay you 15,000 credits."

"20,000"

"17,000"

"Alright fine."

"You can't wear your armour, Mandalore."

"Remind me why you're still alive?"

"Because I pay well."
And so she stood, feeling rather out of place in the sleek gown the chancellor had requested she wear. It was not practical and it revealed more skin than she would have liked. That however, did not stop her concealing the blaster on her thigh, nor the vibroblade in her boots. the comm link to the chancellor's other security officers was securely fitted into her ear. She hovered behind the chancellor her eyes ever watching, flicking from one face to the next before they settled on one that seemed familiar.

She couldn't place a name to his face, nor even work our where she had seen him before. Still, she watched the Zabrak carefully, her lips tight and silent.

[ooc: edited]

Moving through the room, Daxton smiled and chatted with the other politicians as he made his way to the Chancellor. Unlike the other lackeys present, the current Chancellor wasn't too keen with the Queen's choice of allies. He preferred that Naboo remain more 'neutral', someone who might be friendly say to a change in circumstances, perhaps.

"Greetings Chancellor. May the force be with you. May I have the pleasure of your acquaintance?"

"My acquaintance?" the chancellor seemed confused, and then looked over his shoulders to see Mia, realisation dawning on his old face. "Oh!. her. she is not important. Well... she is, but not to...this..." he waved his hands at the gathering. "This is Miss Monroe. She is...uh...a business partner...of sorts...she uh..."

Mia rolled her eyes at the Chancellors stumbling. "I'm here to make sure the Chancellor is still breathing by the end of the week." she interjected, shaking her head at her 'boss' as it were. "See wasn't that easier?"

"I pay you to shoot, not talk." he replied sharply, before offering an apologetic smile to the Jedi before him. "Tell me Jedi...." the chancellor had not been given a name to use so he skipped over it. "Why are you here? Besides as an 'honoured' guest?"

Behind him Mia smirked knowingly, her eyes studying the Jedi hard, unable to shake that feeling that she had met him before.

Darren was looking from the crowd if anybody was suspous. he found none. he then procede to tell the chancellor the news.

he was walking down the hallway towards the chancellor and his hired body guard. his facial reconiton system went haywire looking up info about the guard
he red the file as he was walking up to them. Mia Monroe smuggler gave info about her child hood and some sitings of her pulling off jobs. as he enterd the room with this Mia and the chancellor he saw a Zabrak Jedi and he looked slight familar but it was a since of dea' zavou. his system ran and didnt find any files so he was ether off the grid or only the chancellor knows him. as he walked up Mia said "tell me Jedi .... Why are you here? Besides as an 'honoured' guest?"

For the briefest of glances their eyes met, although Daxton was schooled enough to cover his reaction. The mandalorian smuggler here? Did this mean the other factions were afoot?

"Jedi Master Ian Moone, your Grace. As your Grace is well aware the Queen had expressed an interest of stronger ties with the Republic and the Jedi. As such I am here. Consider me an ambassador of good will, so to speak. Yet all does not seem well, if you have to have such a lovely and skilled companion as your bodyguard, yes?"

Anyone bothering to search for the record of 'Jedi Master Ian Moone' would find it a rather boring read. A file of typical Jedi Diplomat, with nothing out of the ordinary. I would take a dedicated search to discovered that file had been altered and key sections deleted and altered. A truly dedicated splicer would eventually find that the file did not exist and that there was no real record of the existence of a Jedi Master Ian Moone.

The chancellor gave Jedi Moone a dark smile. An ambassador of goodwill indeed. He did not trust these Jedi and their mind tricks.

"All was well before such interest was raised. Now I must be over cautious for politicians I do not know slip into my home world, and you can never trust a politicians. Especially the good ones." He cast another glance at Mia whose smile vanished before he could see it. "This one is skilled, but she is not lovely, but she is loyal enough and she comes when she is needed." Mia was unphased by the insult and merely offered a light smile.

"You say such sweet things, your Grace"
He snorted and looked back at Jedi Moone "I trust her, not to play games. I do not trust the republic to not p[lay games, for that is what the politics are about, no?" he chuckled, though the laughter did not reach his eyes as he grabbed a drink from a passing tray. "Alas, I serve the Queen and Naboo. My thoughts and feelings are irrelevant."

He clicked his fingers and pointed at the approaching Darren. Mia bowed her head and slipped away, looping her arm through Darren's and delaying his approach. "I would wait if I were you. He's playing with the Jedi. Jedi Master Ian Moone, in fact. Does the name ring any bells?"
She waited till the conversation was at a pausing point and allowed Darren to approach, letting go of his arm and slipping back behind the chancellor.

"We do not play games especially where the Sith are concerned. I, however, can understand your concern. I am the guest of her Highness for the next few days, perhaps we can speak further and in more detail. Away from curious ears, of course. One can never know when a Sith is lurking about this days." Daxton intended to get this man alone soon. He might be a useful pawn in the upcoming events. After all he did express a distaste for the queen and her government. What would he do if he could offer to change all that. What if he could offer him to put him in the seat of power. Yes, the chancellor is a weak man, he would do quite nicely indeed.

Darren then said the mystierous Jedis name in to his com to his facial reconition system as he walked away from them. still far enough that he could keep an eye on them. it then came back with the famular zabraks face and a file. he started to read it on his own and it was an account of a jedi diplomat. nothing intresting just some low accounts on how he was part of the jedi order about the same time that he was traing there after being a sith for years. he paused and thought "Wait i was at the jedi temple around the same time as him. and i have never seen him before? yet he looks famular?" something is up and Darren was going to find out. so not to enter the room again he got onto his com link and contacted mia only saying
"something is up. he looks famular to me but i have never seen him before. his data recods show that he was at the Jedi temple that i trained at for some years. and i never saw him there. dont leave the chancellor alone and keep eyes on him. some thing is up with this supposabul Jedi"

Darren then taped into the force and looked with all of his might for other jedi or possably sith. he then found that famular feeling that he had when he was in the crowd. he then set his course to follow that signature.

Talirna Feachon

T
"Would you keep up...We're late because of you!"

A thickly accented voice whispered harshly as the dark haired Hapan beauty strolled down one of the many elegant hallways of the Palace, the click of her heels echoing off the marble walls. She and her partner had been sent by the Republic to keep tabs on what was going on within the Palace walls, but they were also there to follow a lead; supposedly someone was up to no good and they were there to stop it. However, what this evil plot might be was unknown as was the identity of the party that would be responsible. Tali and her partner had nothing to go on; it was likely they were chasing a ghost, but they had orders to follow.

Under the guise as a distant member of the Hapan royal family, Talirna was done up in an outfit she had selected herself to portray the supposed power she held within the government of her homeworld. Her name for the length of their stay within the Palace was Marishka Vaniir and according to the false background that had been created for her, she was the 64th in the line of succession to the throne. Marishka's purpose on Naboo was rather simple, but it would allow her to stay for as long as she saw necessary to complete the true mission. To all those on the outside she and her servant were on the planet to procure a trade agreement with the Queen personally. However, she was late to her meeting with the Queen thanks to her "servant".

"Apologies, it's so hard to know when to get ready when your hair takes so long to style and to help you squeeze into your dress," the young man said with a smile. Her outfit was much more regal than his, considering he had the look of a Hapan guard in the service of his lady. In reality he was a Republic Agent as was she and the two despite their bickering were one of the more successful and efficient teams that the Republic had to offer. Tali might have seemed to have a lot of disdain towards him but he knew that the Hapan woman held him closer to heart.

Even if she wouldn't admit it..

"By the way, might I just say. You look gorgeous, I should take a picture to remember the moment." Always the lighthearted man that had an infinity for joking around and generally being a pain in Tali's ass. Deep down though he wondered if she didn't enjoy it just a little, after all who didn't enjoy the conflict? Her life certainly couldn't be called boring. This mission would also help them keep a little spice in their lives considering they were sent to keep tabs on things.

"So I get to be all demure and obedient right? Do I get the whip if I act out of turn?"

With pawn in sight, it was but a small thing to urge the chancellor towards one of balconies with a view of the sea. Taking a glass of wine, they clinked their glasses in toast. "So peaceful here in Naboo. It would be a pity should trouble comes to even the most peaceful paradises. That is why the Jedi and the Republic are here to offer our aid. After all we wouldn't want the Sith to plague your world wouldn't we?"

Anyone trying to use the force would detect no Dark Side presence at all, since Daxton was using a light side technique make a person be more revealing of his intentions. If the Chancellor's guard or anyone else would join them, he would pause their discussion as he wouldn't want anyone to hear what he was about to say.

"Damn it!" exclamed Darren. he had followed the disturbance for sometime and it kept moving. as if it was moving just to make him..... follow it!! quickly he ran back to the room that the chancellor and "Jedi Master" Ian Moone. he was about to get there when he realised that it would look sipious if he was running to them. he took a sec to calm himself and walked the rest of the length of the hallway.

Darren was half way done the hall when he was hit with the disturbance. he ingnored it for the time being and contiuned on. he entered the room and saw the three of them still standing there talking when he came up to the chancellor and said "It looks like every thing is going well. i believe that someone was looking for you down that way?" as Darren pointed down the hallway he just came from. he looked towards Mia and nodded his head stating that he was wanting to be alone with the other Jedi. he then smiled at the chancellor and noded his head again to confirm that everything was going smoothly when it was not in any way, shape, or form.

Daxton frowned as the young man in armor tried to take the chancellor away. It would not do not one bit. "Surely whoever it is could wait, the chancellor and I are discussing matters of great import." pausing to glance briefly at the armored man, "Surely you aren't expecting trouble Chancellor. This is supposed to be a welcome party for the Republic and the Jedi. I would hate to be underdressed so to speak."

From the way he spoke, it was clear he was expecting the intruder to be dismissed. He was being rude after all to barge in on the Chancellor and the Jedi Master when they were discussing matters of state.

The chancellor gave a wan smile at the Jedi's obvious attempt to get him alone. He was not so foolish, too many years in this dangerous game had made him a paranoid man. So much so he did not trust the head of security and hired someone else who's loyalty he could buy. Mia followed them to the balcony, heeding Darren's warning and determined not to leave his side.

"It would be a shame for the Sith to 'plague' us as you say it, though it is an interesting word of choice...for a Jedi." he paused studying the man hard. "Mia, what do you think of the Jedi and the Sith?" Mia started and looked at him wide eyed.

"Thought you were paying me to sh-"

"Just answer the question."

She licked her lips and shifted uncomfortably "There is only one difference between them. The Sith are open and honest about the fact they want dominance. The Jedi hide behind a veil of 'protecting the weak' but they want power same as the Sith do. That's my opinion anyway." She shrugged.

"Exactly." breathed the chancellor, his cold smile unwavering. "Why do we need an alliance with the Republic and the jedi? Because of power it gives them. If the Sith attack us then the Jedi would come anyway, no? It is their duty, no? The Sith will not attack anyway. they have the mandalorian's on their borders. when they fall I will worry about them picking on us. We do not need the republic either. Thieves and liars the lot of them. "

Mia had always known the Chancellor to speak his mind, but then he did not need to hold his tongue in her presence. She was a smuggler not a spy, but this was dangerous. She tried to think desperately of a way to pull him away from this before he got shot, because if he got shot, she wouldn't be getting paid and that would be a waste of her week.

Darren came to the rescue however and Mia could have sworn she felt the spike of irritation from the Jedi at being interrupted. She slipped her arm through the Chancellor's and offered an alluring smile to the Jedi. "You must forgive the Chancellor, he is in high demand after all. Perhaps you should drop by his office, for a more...personal meeting."

The chancellor was not going quietly. "You are my guard, woman! Not my advisor. Now leave us both of you!" Mia tightened her grip on the chancellor's arm. "As your guard, I am advising you to discuss this later." She said through gritted teeth. The Chancellor's eyes widened in realisation then he patted Mia's arm,

"Very good, very good. Let us find a beauty to talk to, I am sick of the sight of men."

Mia watched the Jedi over her shoulder as they moved back inside, unaware the Chancellor was making a beeline for the hapan woman that had just entered.

[ooc: wow that was long than I anticipated :p]

Moridin was also within the Royal Palace, although unlike apparently every other force user he was completely in disguise. The Dreadlord hid his force signature completely hiding himself entirely within the force and making it appear that he was just like any other man. His clothes instead of his usual tribal garb consisted of a simple pair of cargo pants, a rather uninteresting looking black t-shirt and a heavy black field Jacket. Within the field jacket hung two lightsaber hilts, both out of sight of anyone with even prying eyes.

All in all The Dreadlord appeared to be a tourist or a friend of someone living within the palace. This was exactly how he wanted it. He was completely in disguise, even his hair had been dyed a different color as to make him appear even more different. Why would he go to such lengths? For fun of course.

The Dreadlord was now the leader of the Pillar of Strength, he led one third of all the Sith. The Warriors, the assassins all of them were under his control. He had quite a lot of responsibility, and from time to time it was good to get away, and that was what he was doing now. Moridin sat upon a small bench within his disguise. He had watched several people go by several times, including the chancellor and the so called Jedi “Master”. He had chuckled to himself at that disguise, although he had said absolutely nothing.

“Naboo hasn't changed.” Moridin mused to himself as he looked at the royal palace all around him. Theed really hadn't changed all that much, the city itself was still grand and glorious and the planes outside remained the same. He would have to visit the Gungans before he left, he had always found them...entertaining.

Moridin laughed again, to himself of course and looked at the royals walking by. He wondered if anyone had any inclination of who and what he was, just how close to death they came every time their gazes drifted on him for just a little too long. He grinned, idiots.

Talirna Feachon

T
Dark eyes cut over to glare at Garrus, the intensity in them making it seem as though she were trying to will him to catch on fire. "The only squeezing involved was what your wandering hands did!" Rolling her eyes she looked away from her infuriating counterpart, attempting to focus on the more important matter of their mission. She ignored his comment about needing a picture to remember the moment by; inwardly smirking as she silently basked in his flattery. Outwardly she would never admit to him that she enjoyed his fawning, but she saw no harm in enjoy the attention privately. Once more she cut her eyes over to him and a devious smirk found its way to her lips, "you'll get that and more...and I promise you won't enjoy a second of it."

Her last whispered threat was cut short as they entered the audience chamber. Allowing all of her frustration toward Garrus to slip from her face she put on the guise of Marishka Vaniir, easily becoming the Hapan royal. Head held high she immediately spotted the man heading her way and so she paused in her movements, a polite smile upon her lips. She bowed her head in greeting as the man approached, dark eyes sparkling as her mind quickly placed a name to the face of the approaching man.

as Mia and the chancellor left he looked around him to see if anybody was evesdroping and saw no one. he then turned to the Jedi and asked "Master Moone, i would like to talk to you about what you were doing at the Alderan Jedi temple about three years ago? i feel as though i know you but i just cant place where i have seen you." he was talkng to the jedi and was hoping to get soem informantion about him. thought he highly doubt it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom