Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Operation: Arctic Temperance [Iron Empire Dominion of Olstyn feat. Dawnguard]

T H E L U K E - W A R M C O L D E Q U A T I O N
Part V
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTiSsJsrULQ​

As the boy made his way up the loading ramp, he flipped the amphistaff over his head, setting it behind his neck like a scarf.

The biot wrapped itself around his body, leaving his hands free. His arm ducked to the small of his back, producing a compact blaster pistol as the young Pantoran eased inside of the starlight freighter. A quick sweep of the cargo area and cockpit confirmed that the ship was empty. Which didn't mean it would remain that way for very long.

Holstering the blaster, the Pantoran doubled back to the cargo area. The thirteen canisters were still there, alongside crates that he assumed were the weapon containers. Reaching into his back pocket, the boy produced a small flatcam. Nothing fancy. Hardly cutting edge. But it would get the Imperial Security Bureau something they could add to their report.

Focusing on the container label, the boy snapped several shots. Then he peered over the top of the camera at the aurabesh on the label. Synedian algae. There was a medical biohazard symbol prominently displayed.

Biological warfare?

Poison the Mandalorian water supply? Assuming, that is, that the Mandalorian Quarter had separate resevoirs...

Opening one of the smaller crates, the boy snapped a photograph of thermal detonators neatly packaged and packaged. The larger, longer crates held blaster rifles.

Odd thing, that. The blaster rifles looked used. Very used. From the look of them, the boy questioned whether the weapons were even functional. Certainly not accurate even if they were. About the only thing they'd do is look menacing or impressive.

So what was it then? They weren't equipped to go shoot anyone. Had enough explosives to level a small city block. And had thirteen canisters of a medical biohazard.

The amphistaff alerted on something.

The biot's head came up, it's tail tensing. Someone was coming. Palming the camera, the youth slid the flatcam back into his pocket. Then slapped a sensor tag on the underside of one of the canisters.

The floor grate was just sliding back into place when the men entered. Some mixture of Valkyri human by the look of them. Through the slats in the grate, the boy watched as the men came in and started off-loading the merchandise. The talk echoed from above was nothing spectacular. Darius was banging the Zeltron stripper at the club, who Octavian and Kaelin had also slept with, and Decius was back with his ex's sister.

A flash caught the boy's attention. Octavian had a loose keychain, from which was dangling an identicard. Not a primary ID. More like the store membership values reward identicard you swiped at Value Pharmacy.

As the man lifted with his back, the identicard detached itself from the keychain with a slight tug. Shooting straight between the slats in the floor, the small silver cube landed right in the boy's waiting palm.

These definitely weren't Mandalorians.

And they weren't third party weapon dealers either.

The plot thickened.

[member="Ylva Solveig"]

Where the hell is Spintir?

Makai didn't bother asking, mainly because it was hard for him to picture such a creature subdued in a cage. It didn't surprise him any. Warlords, pirates and other semi-wealthy types liked to keep creatures such as the wolf as a pet for intimidation. Or, more darkly, something or someone was keeping the wolf in a cage to eat or exploit in some way or form.

"Shame to keep such a thing locked up in a cage...."

Her steely eyes turned on him, narrowing, questioning. Makai wasn't too sure what she meant by what he wanted with the wolf. If anything he wanted not to get eaten. The creature seemed fairly content to have its companion back together, although if Makai had to guess it would tear him limb from limb if he touched the redhead.

"Nothing, just bored and drifted closer. Funny, looks like something that belongs more on Midvinter....well, I guess this entire area is like one large Midvinter. Must have populated from folks here or vice versa..." Makai realized he was rambling on as usual. Face flushed. "Sorry Miss, I'll uh....I'll leave you alone."

Part VI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WgVUzVxUkM
THE EQUINOX
SIENAR STAR COURIER

He plugged the flatcam into the holo-projector.

Taking a seat opposite the R3 unit that was plugged into the primary controls, the small Pantoran began the process of downloading the photographs that he'd taken and uploading them to the Imperial Security Bureau as an attachment to his original report. As he did, the boy called over to the astromech beside him. "ArThree, see if you can find anything about this Synedian algae they've got stocked up with those thermal detonators."

Pressing the send command, the youngling slid out of the chair and then made his way back to the autochef in the rear part of the cockpit-lounge. He returned a minute later with half a fruit-roll-up dangling from out of his mouth as the astromech started whistling.

Synedian algae. It was in the Imperial Security Bureau's records recovered from the medical archives of the One Sith.

It was the primary component of a deadly nerve toxin.

"-tt-," the child murmured, his mouth full of gummy fruit gelatin. Feth poisoning the water supply, someone on Olstyn was building a dirty bomb.

And it sure as chit wasn't the Mandalorians.

Plucking the gummy fruit-candy from out of his teeth, the boy looked down at the orange-accented droid. "ArThree, send the data from the identicard over to the ISB." They still had a lead on at least one of the mooks moving the components. That, combined with the registry on the freighter, ought to hopefully get them the identity of who the Big Boss Man was in all this. Or, at least, a better idea of where they were working out of. "Then tell them to get on researching how long it'd take to weaponize that algae. Because I think the clock is ticking."

Sticking the remaining roll-up back in his mouth, the child made his way over to the ladder that would lead him to the refresher. And a nap.

He'd done his part in getting evidence. Now the adults could get off their collective arses and start figuring this chit out while he got some sleep.

Ylva Heavenshield

Y
Objective: Lollygaggin'
[member="Makai Dashiell"]
2VtpSGl.png
Looking back across her shoulder to [member="Makai Dashiell"], her eyes widened marginally at the mention of Midvinter. Until now only one man had spoken about Midvinter with any real sound in personal experience with the place; he of whom had not yet lived up on his offer to take her there. "You a friend of [member="Théodred Heavenshield"]'s by any chance?" she inquired rather curiously now, turning to face him completely, body language showing a little less suspicion and high-guard towards him than she formerly had been, the prospect that he knew Théodred would be enough for Ylva to consider a real conversation with the stranger; least she dismiss him otherwise as any other would-be passerby.

At his suggestion that Olstyn represented so many similarities to that of the Valkyri home-world, her gaze shifted for but a moment to questionly look upon the quiet street they shared, Bjomolf beside her giving off a resigning huff of his breath, apparently growing bored and disinterested at the lack of a prospective meal, sauntering off on it's own and leaving the woman to turn and follow the large beast with he gaze, brows hardening into a slight frown as she worried about what poor child might play foolhardy enough to taunt the creature; "No eating no one!" she called back at the Dire Wolf, bulk muscle with minimal fur and frighteningly large teeth, the great hound was by no means house trained.

"H-hold up!" she said swiftly as Makai seemed interested in leaving her be, Ylva of whom stepped forward a little quicker to intercept him before he could get away, wanting to know more about these Valkyri types. She didn't know why they interested her so much, Théo had made them out to be the sort she could get along with yet she didn't usually go looking for interaction with other peoples like she found herself considering here on Olstyn. "What can you tell me about Midvinter and the Valkyri?".

Zeradias Mant

Democracy Dies in Darkness
Zeradias and the Princess Aster would accompany Coci and the High King Thyrian to the great hall, where they would treat with the Oberjarl. As someone who generally kept tabs on everything, he was at a disadvantage in this particular situation. The whole settlement on Olstyn had seemed to fly under his radar. Nonetheless, the Iron Empire was the superior power in this circumstance and it wasn't difficult to recognize it. After some time walking through the main streets of Akureyri, the group had finally arrived at the doorstep of the great hall. Large wooden doors towered over them, with ornate yet simple etchings carved into their faces. The heat from the torches at their sides were faint, but a welcome feeling on the back of the neck.

Looking back to each of the faces of the major players present, he gave a brief nod to confirm everyone was ready. After he received it, he turned and two Olstyn Valkyries opened those large doors with a muffled grunt. The first to enter was a squad of marines. They weren't there for tactics or intimidation, they just rounded the doors to stand by in the back of the hall out of the cold. One of them however, broke from the squad. Zeradias was well-versed in royal politics, and he made sure that his navy was familiar with the rudimentary basics of it as well.

"...The Crown Princess of the Iron Empire, Aster Baelor, and her advisor, Chief of Naval Operations, Grand Admiral Zeradias Mant. Master Coci Heavenshield of the Dawnguard, and King Thyrian Hearthfire, High King of Midvinter." The marine herald's last words rang throughout the hall. The high king of Midvinter. Those words would either intimidate or inspire the Oberjarl - they would soon find out what kind of ruler this Grond character was.

[member="Aster Rose Baelor"] | [member="Coci Heavenshield"] | [member="Thyrian Hearthfire"]

Objective: 1 & 2
Allies: [SIZE=11pt][member="Théodred Heavenshield"], [member="Thurion Heavenshield"][/SIZE]

Valae embraced Thurion with a hug, and greeted him with a large grin. However, this grin turned quickly to a look of surprise upon being introduced to the High King. Scrambling to make herself more presentable, she offered King Thyrian a respectful bow. “It is my honor to meet you, my lord.” She voiced meekly, her eyes shifting between the two brothers, silently remarking about the qualities they shared.

Next, she was pleased to see Zeradias Mant. While she couldn’t recall any prior interactions with the man, his reputation preceded him. And Princess was present as well; Valae offered her a smile and a bow. “Thank you very much, my lady.” Valae replied.

And as Theo offered her a greeting and congratulations, she gave him a nod. She listened as Theo broke down the situation and she glanced between the two parties before making her own choice. While she did wish to get to know Lady Aster better, the thought of being surrounded by such a showing of nobility made her a bit nervous. Even though Theo’s warning made her hesitate, she nodded.

“I’ll go along with you and Master Thurion,” Valae said, hoping that she would be able to help them… not hinder them. “I’ll hold my own, don’t worry.”

She flashed a reassuring smile. After all, times had changed. The Silver Jedi had seen their share of battle recently, and Valae had been there on a few occasions. She would do her best.

Olstyn
Objectives: One and Two - Enter the Mandalorian Main Hall

[member="Valae Kitra"] | [member="Thurion Heavenshield"]

"The situation with the relationship between the Mandalorians and the Valkyri are tense to say the least. Both cultures have a similar mind set with configuration of clans and set hierarchy which could either aid us or hinder the possibility of them form some kind of treaty. Both are as stubborn as the next. Valae you might very important in these talks as they might not take too kindly to myself and my father considering we are both of Valkyri blood". Théo explained a little more as they entered the Quarters. The village was built with some form of order, residences surrounded the main part of the town which housed markets and shops, trading houses and a main hall in which the leaders of the clans held seats to convene. It was not a big place, the people who had come here had settled as best they could and built their homes akin to the Mandalorian culture.

Furtive looks from people going about their daily routine passed them by without any greeting, their faces holding a visage of suspicion and soon vanished into their homes to close the doors on them. However, Théo led the delegation to the main hall there to be met with two strong warriors at guard and armed with rifles and blasters. They said not a word as they opened the doors for them to enter. They were expected, only time would tell if they were welcomed.

It was dark inside, rudimentary seating placed around the walls and an open area before a large long table for those that wished to state their business would stand. Théo moved forward first, placing himself between the main leaders and his father and Val. Théo has no mandalorian and so addressed them in basic. "I am Lord Praetor Théodred Heavenshield of the Iron Empire representing Emperor [member="Isamu Baelor"], with me is Grand Master Valae Kitra of the Order of the Silver Jedi and Master of the Dawnguard Thurion Heavenshield, my father". He thumped his fist to his heart coupled with a bow of his head in Empire greeting to equals. It was prudent at this point to remove the titles associated with the Valkyri of Midvinter.

[member="Boo Chiyo"] | [member="Ylva Solveig"] | [member="Zeradias Mant"] | [member="Aster Rose Baelor"] | [member="Douglas Reed"] | [member="Makai Dashiell"]

[member="Ylva Solveig"]

"How do you know Teddy Heavenshield?"

Makai looked the redhead woman up and down, trying to spot a lightsaber or something that tagged her as a Force user. Naturally many people would know Thèo due to his position and name alone. Eyes still narrowed slightly due to the fact it wasn't a question most would ask. Especially out of the blue.

When the woman mentioned Midvinter and more specifically Valkyri, Makai knew she was more familiar with Thèo than on a mere passing level. Iced azure eyes glanced over the redhead more closely. Was this the same girl Teddy alluded to during their night of whiskey drinking? At least his friend had good taste, the redhead was certainly easy on the eyes despite her brash exterior.

"Midvinter? I haven't been there since I was younger. Uh, its a beautiful place despite the snow. The mountains are amazing, the people hospitable. As for the Valkyri, they're a strong group of people, great to have your back in a fight. Can't say I remember much beyond that, I was too young to really take in the landscape."

Makai removed his hand from his jacket, extending it for a shake.

"Makai Dashiell, pleasure to meet you. Any friend of Teddy's is a friend of mine."

Objective: 1

As the group entered this Oberjarl's hall, Thyrian kept a wary eye of his surroundings, closely studying the room for any possible exits and side passages from which a potential ambush might spring. From what he gathered so far these Valkyri are far from the trustworthy and honourable sort native to Midvinter. He cast a glance down at Coci walking beside him with confident strides, and his resolve became like that of a mountain wall. He would protect her with his life, if it comes to that. She was family, the love of his brother's life and mother of his children. So he gently reached for her hand, grasping it in his for assurance. For both of them.

At the mention of his name proudly proclaimed by Zeradias' man, Thyrian's eyes flickered as he stepped forth, locking gazes with Oberjarl Grond perched upon his throne. After several seconds of exchanging suspicious leers, the Oberjarl leaned back in a debauched manner. "Hah! This is the whelp of the great Thrand Dawnbringer, blessed be his arse?" The imposing man's words held in them no love for the late king, and as he sat stroking his long, blonde beard he let a grin shine forth. "Aye, you look just as he did, back when I last saw him; all high and mighty, so drenched in your bloody honour you can't even breathe!" His mocking continued, and it took every ounce of Thyrian's self-control to not simply turn the lewd man to a pile of ashes.

Instead of humouring the Oberjarl by returning the same 'courtesies', he turned to the men and women serving him. "I am Thyrian of House Hearthfire, firstborn son of Thrand Dawnbringer, and High King of Midvinter," his words echoed across the great hall, prompting audible gasps from some of them. Eyes filled with fire settled upon those of the Oberjarl once more, staring into the man's soul. "And your true King." A few steps forward, he continued. "The homeland beckons. I know not how long you've been living her, nor how you came to happen upon this place, but those of you who desire to return home are welcome to come with us when we leave here."

Grond's eyes narrowed as he bared his teeth in a threatening manner. Slowly he rose from his throne, towering above them all including Thyrian. He then descended from the elevated platform and walked right up to him with madness in his eyes. "You are no King of mine, little runt. You're not even true Valkyri, are you? Just some filthy half-breed who happens to be the offspring of a traitorous bastard." Thyrian's eyes lit up more, flames erupting from them, yet none of it seemed to phase the Oberjarl. "I wonder who was dumb or drunk enough to spread her legs for the likes of him," he continued, delighting in every word he uttered. "Some tavern wench, I imagine... or perhaps some lowly whore."

Thyrian was about to go off right there and then, only to feel the touch of Coci's hand upon his arm. Swallowing his pride, he was able to settle down. "Hmph. You are your father's son, I'll give you that. He was no fun, either," Grond's foul grin vanished as he returned to his throne. "So what can I do for you lot," he turned his attention to the others in the group of offworlders. "Better be a lot more impressive than this pathetic thing..." he nodded towards Thyrian.

[member="Coci Heavenshield"] | [member="Zeradias Mant"] | [member="Aster Rose Baelor"]

Olstyn
Objectives: One - Enter the Hall of the Oberjarl

[member="Thyrian Hearthfire"] | [member="Aster Rose Baelor"] | [member="Zeradias Mant"]

The touch on Thyrian's arm was not one of reassurance or comfort as Coci's fingernails dug deep into his arm, although the gesture would not hurt Thyrian but Coci could feel the heat of the man under her grasp, fire flooded through his veins and well it should considering the foul words that spewed from this so called self appointed ruler. It took all her strength of will and character not to lop off his head with her saber there and then. Diplomatic talks would have been short but effective to say the least. However, she had not stood idol over his speech, the master mentalist had entered his mind and searched within the dark recesses unknown to him. It had been easy to penetrate and as he spoke, his thoughts betrayed him. His words had already done so to a point, but lurking within them was the truth.

She was now aware of their purpose for leaving Midvinter, although unsuccessful in application. This man, this Grond had been the loyal follower of the Usurper, the horrid ruler of Midvinter before the rightful King Dawnbringer had retaken the throne with the help of Thurion and herself.

"I shall speak", she stepped forward dropping her hand away from Thyrian's arm, not caring for the eyes that looked upon her with little respect, which is normal of Valkyri men of this generation to look upon women as mere chattel. Her voice would remain the pinnacle of calm throughout. Coci had experience enough in many a grand hall listening to the friendly insults between drunken fools after a battle, but all was done in good humour, this was pure hatred from this Grond. Family, Duty, Honour would not be denied today.

"Your King is dead, the Usurper defeated by the rightful King of Realm of Midvinter, Thrand Dawnbringer", she began turning slowly to meet the eyes of all in the room. "The day of the great war was blessed by the Gods, Odiir in his wisdom saw fit to hand the Dawnbringer victory that day and bless the rein for the years to come. I was there that day and fought alongside him, and all his men and women. If the Gods willed it, who are you to deny them?".

Murmurs spread through the room, eyes darting between themselves some to the Grond looking for his reaction, who shifted on the throne growing more impatient and angry by the moment. There was doubt in some of their minds, regret for leaving and following a foolish errand. But not all... "Before you stands the High King of Midvinter, your King and although this Grond will not bend the knee .. you need not follow him if you wish to return home. Amnesty will be grated, and you will have safe passage .. for I know the truth". Coci turned and looked Grond square in the eyes, she assaulted his mind, Du stinkande röv ände av en vildsvin.

The Grond stood up from the throne abruptly, confusion on his face as he looked around unsure of where the words had come from. He soon gathered himself however and looked at the two and although the delegation was outnumbered by comparison, resolve was waiving among his men. Coci turned to Thyrian and gave him a nod to get ready should the situation turn for the worse.

Part VII
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jzDnsjYv9A

The Equinox was the one place that the boy found that he could get a good night's sleep.

It was strange, but the Sith Infiltrator was the one constant in an otherwise tumultuous life. A slave on Coruscant. A Knight of Ren on Dossum. A Primeval executioner on Bastion. A Silver Jedi on Voss. And now...

...and now he didn't know what he was doing. Or who he was supposed to be. Or who he even wanted to be.

From his perspective, the Jedi and the Sith were about equal parts karked up.

He woke in the small sleeping chamber that was recessed into one side of the Sienar Star Courier. Sleeping chamber was the nice way of putting it. It was a holding cell. One of two on the transport he'd stolen from a Sith Lord. This wasn't a ship meant for carrying passengers, it was a means by which to get an assassin from one point to another.

It seemed no matter who he tried to be, if he was fighting for the Rebels or the Imperials, an assassin was all anyone saw in him.

Maybe it was the only thing he was good for.

The blue-skinned Pantoran was wrapped in the embrace of the snake-like amphistaff, Azi having invaded his bed and wound herself around the pillow, his bed, and the coverings. It was actually difficult to unravel and pull himself out of the biot's nest that she made for herself -- with him as the centerpiece.

The underwear-clad, bed-headed tween climbed up into the upper deck of the Equinox, bare feet padding across the durasteel floor as he made his way over to the autochef for a bowl of cereal and a cup of caf.

...well, it was mostly sugar and milk by the time he was done, but there was a drop of caf in there somewhere.

A light flashing on the holoprojector opposite the autochef alerted him that there was a message waiting for him.

There weren't a lot of people who had this comlink frequency.

Most of those who did were dead.

"Good morning, Agent Chiyo."

It was the Dark Lord of the Snark. Agent McWorthless of the ubiquitous Imperial Security Bureau. More like, Imperial Cover-Our-Ass Bureau. "Kark you," the child uttered vapidly, settling back onto the couch. He pulled his legs up to sit cross-legged on the cushion, cradling the bowl on the side of his foot as he set down to eat breakfast.

If ISB was calling, he knew he wasn't going to like what was about to go down.

"At zero-seven-hundred, Olstyn standard time, Imperial Security Bureau determined that an influential banker by the name of Théodwyn Malakai was behind the chemical and biological weapon purchase. Mister Malakai employed the men you encountered, as well as owned and operated the freight service used in the transport of the materials to the surface. Additionally, details have emerged that Mister Malakai had some radical leanings that were unknown to Olstyn authorities. We believe his intention was for a dirty bomb to be detonated in the Mandalorian Quarter, and for the blame to fall on Mandalorian dissidents..."

Creative.

The people were scared of the Mandalorians. So, you import some shoddy weapons. A dirty bomb. Blow it up underneath them, everyone assumes the terrorists just blew themselves to hell by some fortunate accident.

Kills the enemy. Convinces people to rally to the cause of villifying the Mandalorians who manage to survive, who are also complete blameless and the villains are in fact the heroes of this story as far as the white people were concerned.

God bless the pale-skinned baseline human. What the Hutt would this galaxy do without them?

...other than be a far better place?

"Mister Malakai will, of course, be found dead in his home."

Case in point.

Why drag this out into the public? Why give a man we know to be guilty his day in court? Why suffer the tax payer to fund his incarceration. Just kill him now, and be done with it. That was justice, right?

"...should any unknown sympathizers to his cause survive him, we trust his death will serve a deterrent to any future indiscretions against the crown."

The One Sith. The First Order. The Primeval. The Levantine Sanctum. The Order of the Silver Jedi. The Iron Empire.

The names changed. But this? This never changed.

What had he said to [member="Coci Heavenshield"]? Peace is a lie. At least the Jedi try to believe the lie. The Sith confess it only when its convenient for them.

Maybe that was the nature of truth. It only existed when convenient to those in power.

"That leaves the chemical and biological agents."

Here it comes.

"Coordinates are included with this message. Your mission is to infiltrate and eliminate all opposition forces. You are authorized all use of force necessary to secure the weapons. An ISB team will converge on your location after to take custody of the weapons."

The boy's hand just rested on top of the cereal bowl.

He'd lost his appetite.

"The official story will be that Mister Malakai suffered an unforseen cardiac arrest. As for the terrorist attempt on the Mandalorian Quarter, the public need never know of it."

Part of him wondered if [member="Théodred Heavenshield"] knew his new friends were like this.

He was afraid of the answer.

Afraid it might be yes, and shatter his illusions that maybe... maybe there was one Jedi Knight in this whole karked up galaxy who was worth a gorram damn.

...and he was afraid it might be no, and his presence might somehow shatter Theo's naive notions about the galaxy in which he lived.

"If caught by Olstyn or Mandalorian authorities, the Iron Crown will, of course, disavow all knowledge of your mission. Good luck, Agent Chiyo."

"-tt-"

Is this all he was? Is this all he would ever be?

Ylva Heavenshield

Y
2VtpSGl.png
'Teddy Heavenshield'.

Ylva needed to take a moment to let that one sink in, staring back at [member="Makai Dashiell"] in alarm, a hint of a smirk daring to play upon the corner of her lips as she soon dropped her gaze off to the left in momentary consideration for how emasculating that would be for [member="Théodred Heavenshield"]; Needless to say that she would not forget that one.

"We've crossed paths on occasion" she responded simply, feeling not the need to divulge any more information about their relationship than was necessary to this male whom she did not yet know. She needed to give herself reason for pause, the mere mention of Théodred's name did not justify any particular friendship beyond what she could presume from this first impression. As kind as this young man seemed to be, he could naturally be goading her into offering up some sort of whereabouts or detail as to how one might gain a foothold over the man of the hour.

As Makai spoke about the world of Midvinter, Ylva's eyes were drawn again to their surroundings. 'Sounds a lot like the people here, this place...' she thought to herself in silent commentary, the world of Olstyn seeming unusual in the familiarity that it brought her, uncomfortably so given that she held no general attachments nor knowledge of the place aside from what Théodred had explained about the Valkyri people here not seeing eye to eye with the Mandalorian Clan or Clans...-Whatever their organization or body of peoples were called, living upon this world.

Her gaze sharply returned and honed in on Makai as he stepped in closer towards her, her stance seeming to tense momentarily, left hand being hidden at her side, not within sight though her expression having changed would be enough for him to assume that her fingers had found their way around the heft of her Axe; refrained however from being pulled from it's ringlet holster, her eyes found his hand extended to her in offer for greeting and rather than the customary grip of the others wrist that she would typically take in symbolism of kinship, she took his hand and shook it with her right, looking back to gauge his eyes for any portrayal of ill intent.

"Where do you call home then, if not Midvinter?" she asked, intrigued to know more about this one associated with Théodred...

"You one of the Empire's people too then?".

Epilogue
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVmb4AVpE4M​
It was a sanitation processing station underneath the Mandalorian Quarter.

The kind of place he'd grown up in. Finding his way in and out easily, like wandering into a familiar neighborhood in the forsaken and forgotten Undercity of Coruscant.

The canisters of deadly algae were positioned between a hospital and an elementary school. The risers in the ceiling above would channel the explosion upward, ensuring wide coverage across the heavily populated area above. The initial blast would probably only kill a handful at first. By the look of the rig, it was a two stage production. An initial detonation, just one thermal detonator, to blast apart the pipes, road, and sidewalk. Then a daisy chain of thermal detonators would blow open the fermented algae containers, with the open riser funneling the majority of it upward. The heat would flash-evaporate it into an aerosol, dispersing it across several city blocks. The neuro-toxin would do the rest, killing hundreds. Mostly elderly and children.

The news media had recorded a raid on a house about a block-and-a-half away a week ago, something that the pundits continued to talk about. Fear was a powerful tool for the media, so they kept it in the headline news. As such, no one would think twice about the idea of Mandalorian dissidents plotting to kill thousands of people. The High Court of Public Opinion would assume the detonation in the Mandalorian Quarter was an accident.

A happy coincidence most likely, being that the deaths would be mostly Mandalorian.

Public opinion would turn against the Mandalorians, and people like Théodwyn Malakai would be ready to come in with commercial re-zoning and bulldoze down the shanty towns of the Mandalorians so they could put up a new Biscuit Baron or Super Valu-Mart on the corner.

The tibana gas hung so thick in the air that it seemed as though a fog had invaded the subterranean sector.

It looked like a war zone.

Hagar Helson crawled along the ground. His ashen complexion said with one look that the man was already dead, and simply didn't know it yet. One leg blasted off. He was leaving a smear of blood along the ground from the shot to the gut he was bleeding out from. But he was clawing along all the same, fighting desperately to get to a blaster pistol on the floor in front of him. His finger tips had been worn raw, his finger nails ripped off from the effort of pulling his body's dead weight across the duracrete.

The blaster pistol had been dropped by Vigo. Vigo was the owner of the pair of legs that were dangling in mid-air at present, lifted by some invisible hand that had grabbed him by the throat and elevated him up -- as though he were being hung by some invisible rope, his body convulsing violently with the effort to fight against the darkness that had him in its grip.

A blaster cartridge bounced off the floor. A small, metallic chime as the small Pantoran boy ejected the spent magazine with one hand. His other hand was stretched out toward Vigo, his fingers twisted into the distinctive claw-like gesture that invoked the power known as Force Choke.

Hagar saw the child and was terrified. The hellspawn's yellow eyes were aglow with all the seeming of a demon's that was dreaming. Gasping vainly for air, the dying man harried with even more effort toward the discarded blaster pistol.

His hand slapped down on top of it and, for a moment, Hagar felt a certain peace.

The child's foot came down a second later, putting his full weight down on the man. Hagar heard a muffled thud hit the ground beside him. Turning, he saw Vigo's face contorted into a ghastly apparition. Mouth agape. Eyes rolled back in his head. Blood oozing from his nose and mouth.

Above him, the child used his now free hand to withdraw a fresh blaster cartridge from his belt. Sliding it up into the grip of the subcompact blaster pistol, the boy casually primed the bolt and then cycled the chamber to prep the next shot.

As he turned his eyes up at the hellspawn lording over him, Hagar was crying. A grown man reduced to tears in the realization that this was the end.

A single blaster shot echoed through the sewers.

Stepping casually over Hagar's body, the Pantoran continued his stroll through the chaotic scene. The back half of an amphistaff was sticking out from a duracrete partition. A load bearing column that supported the tunnel in which the pump room had been constructed to service the Mandalorian Quarter. The boy holstered the pistol at his hip, before reaching up to wrap both hands around the javelin-like biot stuck through the wall.

It took quite a bit of effort to pull the amphistaff free. Blood smeared the hole, Azi coated in it as the biot was pulled back through.

The sound of a body sliding down on the other side of the wall could be heard.

The bloodied biot went limp, undulating in his arms as a serpentine, living creature once again. The dragon-like head, glistening red, stared up at him. The tail was waging like that of a golden retriever eager to be petted and told it was a good girl. Blood smeared across his hands, arms, and body as the amphistaff made itself at home, moving up and sliding along his body like a perch.

The young Pantoran turned to look at the death and destruction all around him, at last letting go a breath he hadn't even known that he'd been holding. The Dark Side of the Force radiated out from him, dropping the temperature as the breath crystallized in front of him. He felt his body weakening as the adrenaline and Dark Rage began to subside.

It felt like an eternity had passed. In reality, it was all over in three minutes. A flash-bang grenade stunning the three men before the boy had unleashed hell.

An eternity of mere seconds, in which life and death had been decided.

The child crossed his arms in front of him. Turning his left wrist over, he used the fingers of his right hand to tap out a quick message on the wristlink he wore.

Staring ahead, he saw the lattice of thermal detonators and biohazard containers that held enough neuro-toxin to kill hundreds of people.

Around him were the bodies of three men.

Three men dead, hundreds saved.

It was a fair bargain. So, should he feel good about what he'd done? Should he feel anything?

The men came into the tunnel behind him. They were in full enviro-suits. Bright yellow with black block letters that read OLSTYN SANITATION on them. One pair broke out the body bags, while four others went to work on the dirty bomb -- defusing and beginning the task of disassembling it.

Maybe the Mandalorians above were plotting to do something. Most likely they weren't, but some of the same people stereotyping and accusing them of being Mandalorian on a Friday night as though it were a crime were the very same who'd plotted the deaths of hundreds of innocent people simply because they were different.

And no one would ever know what had happened here.

Objective: 2

"I promise," he returned Coci's soft kiss. "You take care of the big guy. He's in a wounded state," he added, referring to Thyrian. He knew how dependent his brother was on Kära being there for him, to keep his mood in check. There was such anger in him still; a self-hatred for the things he's done, coupled with an absolute disregard for his own life. Hopefully Father's composure would prevail in him while meeting with the Oberjarl.

As they parted ways, Thurion lingered a bit to watch her leave alongside his brother and the others, escorted by ranks of Iron soldiers. Only when he heard Théo's voice become distant as he went over the situation with Valae did he turn to find them making for the Mandalorian Quarter, and so he hurried to catch up with them. As he sidled up beside Théo he gave him a playful pat on the shoulder, before glancing past him towards Valae.

"Don't worry yourself, kiddo. No-one feels more awkward than my brother," he said with a smirk. "He's not what one would call a people-person. You did good."

Upon entering the Quarters proper, there was an eerie sense of everyone watching them with the utmost suspicion and distrust, even as the streets were quickly becoming void of people. As if the rest of the settlement wasn't enough wary of strangers, he thought. Thurion kept his lightsaber close at hand in case of the worst coming to pass.

Keeping a low profile as they were permitted entrance to the main hall, Thurion kept slightly behind Valae as they were being introduced by Théo, letting the Mandalorians know she held the higher office. Once his name was mentioned, Thurion bowed in Jedi fashion; anything to dissuade them from thinking him other than just another Jedi-type character.

Before them appeared a large man all decked out in well-worn beskar'gam, clearly dusted off and donned for this very occasion in an attempt to preserve at least some true Mandalorian authority. The man in question proudly carried heavy scarring on the left side of his face. Upon hearing first the Iron Praetor being introduced, followed by the Jedi Grandmaster, his eyes turned to the third wheel in the room. "Why is he here," he pointed accusingly at him. "He is not with the Iron Empire, and you did not introduce him as part of the Silver Jedi. Why bring him here?"

[member="Théodred Heavenshield"] | [member="Valae Kitra"]

[member="Ylva Solveig"]

Makai nodded once in acknowledgement. Clearly she knew more about @Thèodred Heavenshield than was being told. He could respect it, he was clearly an odd scaled boy who was interested in her wolf. Being apprehensive was smart in his humble opinion. Her hand withdrew from his and they went back into his jacket pocket, trying not to look as if he was freezing to death.

"Dac." Makai paused, realizing most called the planet by another name. "Mon Cal or Mon Cala to some folks though. Depends on your preferred slang I suppose."

There was a long pause at the mention of being of the Empire's people. She was clearly gathering information to check his story back with Thèo at some point in time, making him believe they knew each other more than in mere passing. Amusement colored his features, now itching for the moment he was going to be able to tease his friend. Being the good friend he was, Makai was always looking to rib Thèo on new and interesting subjects.

"You can say I'm loan so to speak." A boyish grin appeared. "Tell Teddy I said hello, I'm sure we'll be seeing each other around in the future."

Ylva Heavenshield

Y
2VtpSGl.png
There was no doubt a story behind [member="Makai Dashiell"] and Ylva Solveig found herself most intrigued in wishing to know of it, yet not enough so that she would pursue the male a second time and appear to look weak in and of her own regard. Lifting her head in a half nod of acknowledgement and silent farewell, she would allow him to leave as he chose, a half smirk written across her expression as his behavior hadn't escaped her. Théodred and he were well acquainted after all, it was not difficult to tell now by his almost brotherly yet subtle goading of the man behind his back, very similar to the way she treated him in all honesty.

Alas with her company gone, her curiosity died with it and she soon found herself needing to turn her priorities to the whereabouts of Bjomolf, for she had not been playing a fool in her bid for the great hound to restrain itself in feeding upon the young folk of this world. This most uncomfortably likable and familiar world that she almost wished she could shake. Here in this portion of the village, she'd seen no aggression from any such people that fit the description of Mandalorian, in fact anything outside of the Valkyri themselves was a rare sight to behold from what she could tell. It seemed more to her that they ran the majority numbers across this district, arguably nicer than the lower quarters for which she would make a means to venture towards after collecting her Animal Companion.

It was a shame really, the day had started off with such promise, they being warned about marauders of the Mandalorian Clans in the vicinity. She yearned for the excitement and thrill of a good fight, a well met hunt and the clash of energies between peoples seeking to overcome one another, the chain and command of ones survivalist nature coming to bleed through the skin at it's best; never did she feel more alive than with her Axes or Bow in hand hunting down a worthy predator and keeping herself from becoming the prey.

Hopefully, she figured inwardly as she wandered off down the street, [member="Théodred Heavenshield"] was enjoying himself; he of whom was responsible for the motivations behind her volunteering for this assignment after all. 'Come to Olstyn he says, it'll be fun!'.

~ Final Post! ~

Zeradias Mant

Democracy Dies in Darkness
Zeradias remained silent as the Valkyri spoke to their kin. He admittedly didn't foresee tension as was occurring. He thought there'd be some sort of union, or at least common courtesy. Instead, the Oberjarl met his guests with contempt. Zeradias didn't know what history the two Valkyri factions had, but whatever it was, they'd have to resolve it on their own terms. Though the Iron Empire allowed free speech, it did not permit threats or insubordination among it's vassals.

Coci spoke to Grond with a certain fervor, as well as all his loyalists present. Invoking the name of their gods, he assumed, was something greater than he understood or cared to understand. As she finished speaking, he looked to Grond with his pale eyes. Suddenly, he jumped from his seat. Those present of their security detail tensed up as they awaited Grond's next move.

Zeradias stood unmoving. Though he could be killed at any moment, he knew that even though the Oberjarl was rather primitive, he wasn't foolish enough to attempt a strike to be met with the wrath of the Full Metal Emperor. Zera understood this was an internal quarrel, but if the Vaklyri didn't work things out on their own, he would have to step in. Olstyn was to join the Iron realm, and the only choice the Oberjarl had was whether he would submit, or his successor would.

[member="Aster Rose Baelor"] | [member="Thyrian Hearthfire"] | [member="Coci Heavenshield"]

Olstyn
Objectives: One and Two - Enter the Mandalorian Main Hall

[member="Théodred Heavenshield"] | [member="Thurion Heavenshield"]

Valae walked along at Theo’s side, listening intently as he briefed her on the current situation. Mandalorians. She understood that they were warrior people, and had many prominent clans. However, she had yet to have many interactions with them. But the information provided by her old friend was useful. The Jedi healer would keep this in mind; she did have a few stubborn bones in her body as well.

She grinned at her Master as he offered her a bit more insight about his brother, and she nodded. At least she hadn’t made a complete fool of herself; Valae blew out a sigh of relief.

As they passed through the village, she let her eyes roam the surroundings. The air here was tense. It was odd and a bit eerie to feel that strained energy all around. The people on the streets had stony faces and eyes that were cautious. Though Valae normally had a knack for spreading cheer, it was not going to work in this place. And so, she moved her gaze towards the ground as they walked.

Inside the hall, she followed just behind Theo and then came to stand near his side. As the Praetor made her introduction, she took a step forward and offered a deep bow of respect. And as she rose, she watched the beskar’gam clad man. Indeed he had a formidable and intimidating appearance; Valae did not envy those that had met this man in battle. As the Mandalorian man questioned the presence of Thurion, Valae decided that it might be best to speak.

“Master Heavenshield is an ally of both organizations,” She stated, voice quiet and meek at first. “As Grandmaster of the Silver Jedi, I will vouch for him.”

Valae stood, trying to resist the urge to hide behind her Valkyri companions. She hoped that she had not spoken out of line, and that the Mandalorians would accept this explanation without delving deeper.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=perM4JVZsxo​

Objective: 1

His head turned as his sister-in-law spoke on his behalf, looking rather surprised she held such fierce words within her. He'd always seen her as the kind and devoted mother and Jedi, sharing his brother's everlasting strive for peaceful solutions. Yet now she put all the ferocity of a lioness on display, perfectly representing the symbol of House Heavenshield, and he felt her chiding of the Oberjarl breathe new life in him. When Coci revealed their past as loyal supporters of the Usurper, his eyes flickered to life anew even as Grond grew impatient and increasingly hostile.

"You... You witch!" he frothed at the mouth while eyes bulged with rage. He reached for his sword and unsheathed it. "Kill them! Kill them all!" There was some delay, yet his men chose to follow suit in drawing their weapons and surrounding the small delegation of offworlders. But before anyone had swung their sword Thyrian stepped forth, his arm instinctively reaching out to shield Coci as he stood between her and the Oberjarl's sharpened blade. "Oberjarl Grond," his voice boomed over the sound of scrambling soldiers.

"In accordance with the ancient law of Midvinter, I hereby invoke tveikamp; I challenge you to single combat!" Silence fell upon the hall, along with a wicked grin forming on the Oberjarl's face. He stepped towards him, the tip of his sword now pressed to Thyrian's throat just short of drawing blood. The cold steel barely phased him, for he could see the gears working relentlessly within the man. Killing the (supposedly) only child of his sworn enemy would finally complete his mission, and he saw himself returning to Midvinter donning the High King's crown. "Refusing such a challenge would strip you of the right to lead, and no horn shall beckon you forth to Beornskald upon your death."

A mad cackle escaped him as he practically smacked his lips in delight. "Aye, I accept your challenge, whelp! I'll take your head clean off your shoulders to decorate my armour." His bloodshot eyes turned to Coci. "Then I'll take yours as well and burn your remains, Witch!" As if on queue two servants appeared from behind carrying the Oberjarl's suit of armour, and as they began to dress their leader in thick steel the guards backed away to turn the hall into an arena.

Given time to prepare himself, Thyrian unclasped and shrugged off the heavy cloak he wore, letting it fall to the floor and revealing the simple leather armour underneath. "Mr. Mant, might I suggest you take your men and the Princess Baelor outside for the time being," he spoke and cast a glance over his shoulder. "This shall be settled in the Way of the Valkyri, with Odiir Allfather as our judge."

[member="Coci Heavenshield"] | [member="Zeradias Mant"] | [member="Aster Rose Baelor"]

Gilamar Skirata

The most important step is always the next one
T H E M A N D A L O R I A N Q U A R T E R
Agent Iella Rehal
[member="Aurren Ulgo"]
2VtpSGl.png

She couldn't feel him in the Force at all. He was like a...well she couldn't quite describe it, but she knew what it was. Agent Ulgo was Force Dead. She hadn't noticed before, her focus had been on putting down the Mandalorians as fast as possible and returning to her search for the other cells. Relaxing her shoulders only a little bit she gave him a quick smile before getting back to business. "Agent Rehal." She paused, giving him a quizzical look. This wasn't the largest? Then things were worse than they'd anticipated.

She nodded, "Try not to shout." Not that there was anyone left to hear them. She would try to make this as quick as possible. Reaching behind her she gripped her saber tightly and quickly drew her weapon and lit the blue blade. It cut through the Mandalorian Steel quickly, the blade super heating the plates in an instant from such close proximity. She hoped her blade didn't cut him too deep. "Do you have any info on the whereabouts of the other cells? We need to keep these disrupters out of Mandalorian hands."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom