Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Open To JEDI] Whispers In The Dark

[Because some people evidently can't read into the context of a post: THIS IS A PAST ROLEPLAY. Thank you.]

Kära moved through the Halls of the Jedi Temple on Coruscant, ever silent, sticking to the shadows which seemed to crawl up the walls, caused by the angle of the many lights which flickered overhead. Usually she walked alone, but today that was not so. To her right stood @[member='Thurion Heavenshield'], her sole friend in such foreign surroundings. His left hand was entwined with her right, causing a warmth to spread through the young girl's body. Never had she felt so grateful towards another human being, for Thurion had never once judged her for who she was, for the darkness which often penetrated her surroundings, or the sketchy background he knew she had - after all, they had met because Master Syn had arrested her. Instead the boy had made his own judgements of her, and this had brought the pair closer together.

Now she led him along to their special spot in the Room of a Thousand Fountains, behind the Apple Trees and thick bushes. There was a slight bounce in her step, suggesting she was joyous... But that was to be expected, after all she had something secret planned for today. She could, however, sense a slight apprehension surrounding Thurion, he was unnerved about something, and while his hand remained in hers there was a larger distance between them than usual. It made Kära frown with worry - had she done something wrong?

Finally the room opened up before them, spreading out into a jungle of endless possibilities. In the distance she could hear artificial rapids, and the memory of exploring them still rang true in her mind, yet despite all the glorious wonders surrounding them the pair still headed straight to their spot. As usual, Thurion knocked a few apples from the tree, and proceeded to hand one to Kära, it had become almost a ritual whenever they entered the Room. Then they both sat down, across from one another, eyes locked, hand in hand. Today, despite her worry about what was wrong with Thurion, Kära was grinning. "I have a surprise for you" she announced, before taking a large bite out of her apple, "Only it's not one you can see, nor one I can give... Simply something I can unlock within you." Kära had been waiting for the opportune time to teach him some of her mental-abilities, and she had chosen today to be such a time.

Sitting across from Kära was Thurion, feeling slightly more apprehensive than usual. His master had told him that she was indeed one of the Sith, the sworn enemy of the Jedi. Still struggling to make sense of it all, as Sith were supposed to be evil, bloodbathing monsters, at least that's what all the other padawans would tell him, but she was not any of those. Instead he found her sad and misunderstood, as she'd turned out to be just another child, like himself. Had she grown up in Republic space, would she be a Jedi then? Or are all our destinies preordaned by the Force, making her become a Sith anyway? These questions were above his own limited intelligence and wisdom, as they would confuse him should he give them too much thought. But what he could take away from what he'd learnt, it's that the galaxy is not as black and white as he'd been led on to think.

Taking a bite from his apple, his eyes were fixed upon Kära's. Her icy blue eyes were much like his own, young and eager, yet with a hint of past sorrows in tow. She'd seen things unimaginable, as had he. This made him respect her on top of liking her, which he did enormously. Enough to be truthful with her about him seeming distant towards her. As she finished talking, he did not meet her grin with one of his own, instead keeping a serious tone. "Kära... Master Asha said you are one of the Sith..." He had trouble continuing his line of thought. "But... you're not. Not to me, you aren't. If you were, we would be enemies, but we're not. Can Jedi and Sith be friends, then?" He found himself unravelling hints of a bigger thought than he first were aware of.

His hand was placed on hers, his warmth mixed with her cold. A smile made its way to his lips. No matter what her response would be, he knew. He knew he would not mistrust her, and she wouldn't betray him. Friends don't do that, and they were the best sort of friends. They were both the same in so many ways, yet different in many other. They both taught eachother things they'd never experienced before. Thurion was ready to put his fears of her being a Sith behind him, as she wouldn't be here, now, were it not for being what she was. Another bite of the apple was taken, as his mood had shifted to his old self again, bursting at the seams with joy and curiosity.

@[member="Saeldar"]

And there it was... The problem which burdened her friend. How could she tell him that she was exactly what his Master claimed she was?

"I am a Sith, Thurion... Or I was... I don't know what I am anymore." With that she tore her gaze from his and looked down to her lap. Thurion was her only friend here, how could she lie to him? And what's more, if he decided he no longer wanted to talk to her, to meet with her, what would she do? All of these worries crossed her pained expression, and she bit her lip. "I don't know. I don't know the rules" she said, as if there were some specific way for them to act. This had never been covered with her before.

To avoid looking at him, to avoid speaking, the child rolled the apple in her hand before taking a bite. She felt something she never had before, but because it was so alien to her she couldn't even pinpoint what it was. Her heartbeat quickened, racing in worry. She couldn't lose Thurion.

"I will never hurt you, though" she whispered, barely louder than the breeze which ran around their bodies. "You... You believe me, don't you?"

@[member="Thurion Heavenshield"]

"Are you afraid he will leave you child?" An old and familiar voice spoke to @[member="Saeldar"], though the spirit of the old Ewok did not appear. "If it gives you piece I do not think he will. The boy is young, but wise enough to know that you are not beyond the path of redemption." The ghostly ewok continued, still speaking only to the sith girl's mind. "In times coming he will walk a new path, one without bloodshed or strife. If you let him he can show you how to live in peace."

Squeezing her hand with his, he could do nothing but smile at her. It flattered him that she thought such of him, that she was worried about losing him. He did know how to sense other beings through the Force, after all, and her was aching and almost trembling with worry. "I know, Kära. I believe you", he said calmingly. He brought a hand to caress her cheek for reassurance. "I'd never harm you, too." Thurion then assumed a meditating stance, crossing his legs and extending his arms to rest on his protruding thighs. He closed his eyes for a moment, and as they opened his blue eyes fixed themselves upon hers.

"Don't look down", he mused. Should she do so, however, she'd discover the two of them floating, hovering above the ground. Indeed, Thurion had made the rock they were sat on levitate into the air, with the two of them still on it. It was no more than a few feet, though, as it was a trick he'd just recently learnt on his own, and as such still a novice. He did not wish for her to hurt herself should she fall off, or he fail maintaining his focus, after all. "Now, then... What was it you wanted to show me, Kära?" he said with a grin on his lips, feeling some pride in showing off the progress he'd made since she was the one having taught him the concept to begin with. A swirl of apples hovered around them in a circle, easily grabbable should one wish to.

@[member="Saeldar"]

For a moment the girl looked distant for a moment, not quite there. When Thurion spoke and settled a hand to her cheek she slowly came to, realising where she was, who she was with, Azar had simply been in her mind. Was he really there, or was it her own subconsciousness projecting her fears? All the same she had her friend to focus on now. Her hand tightened around his, face leaning tenderly into his hand. How could he be like this with her, knowing what she was? Slowly he began to remove his hands from hers and her cheek, but Kara allowed it, watching in wonder as he began to do... Something.

Suddenly she felt herself move, only a little, through the air, as the rock they were sat upon lifted. Trusting him she did not look down, instead she reached out a settled a hand to his knee when he asked her what she wanted to show him. "I want to teach you to speak without words." When her hand settled over his knee she flowed the Force through her body and out into his, allowing it to work its way up to his mind, brushing against it softly to begin with so that he knew she was there, until she entered fully. "Like this" she said, directly into his mind, a small smile making its way upon her lips. "Focus on me, and the Force, try to project your thoughts into my mind." All of this was said without Kara moving her lips...

At first it startled him slightly; it always did when someone, be it Kära or Asha or anyone else, would enter his mind and speak to him directly. A moment later, however, he adjusted to her voice in his head. It was just like talking with someone, but without actually talking. He closed his eyes for better focus. A few seconds later, he was inside Kära's mind, feeling her every heartbeat as if it were his own. "You know... talking inside your head while levitating the both of us is really difficult..." he jokingly said, yet no movement of his lips could be seen. Slowly he opened his eyes to look at Kära. "But I'll manage", he said as he gave away a small wink in her direction. Again he closed his eyes as an apple was gracefully levitating towards his already wide-open mouth. A second later his jaws snapped shut as he took a big bite out of it. "I've been training a lot lately", he stated proudly, eager to see her reaction to it all.

@[member="Saeldar"]

She watched as he focused, not only on the telekinetic practise but, as she soon found out, on the telepathic aspects too. It made her beam with joy to see him so eagerly picking up skills like this, and her heart skipped a beat knowing that she had instigated both of these Arts. "I can tell that you have been learning, but... Please don't test it" she said, hoping that he would bring down the levitation at the very least. Reaching out the young girl snatched an apple from the air and bit straight into it. The difference between herself and Thurion with this regard was to her Telepathy was natural, she had been using it since before she coul speak, it was second nature to her. "Do you want to... Talk about what I was?" she inquired, biting her lip before returning her focus on the apple. She wanted the truth out in the open for him, after all he was her best and only friend, but at the same time she was worried, she couldn't lose him like she had lost so many others...

Bringing the slowly spinning rock to a halt, before gently setting it back down on the ground with them still sitting on top of it, he sighed as it made contact. It had been quite the strain on him, admittedly, to keep them afloat while using telepathy while conversating. And as always it'd make him hungry. The apples had fallen to the ground as soon as the rock did. Having finished his old one, he picked up a new apple from the ground, dusting it off before taking a huge bite out of it. Sitting down beside his friend, he gave her a somewhat worried look. "Only if you would be willing to share, Kära", he responded, chuckling a bit at what he just said. Share - Kära... He put his arm around her and brought her closer to him, allowing her to rest her head against his shoulder should she want to. Looking over her robes, he started grooming it by picking up the stray blades of grass that had attached themselves to the fabrics. "How... was it, being a Sith...?" he asked hesitantly. He did not wish for her to feel any discomfort talking about her past, as he knew how painful it could be sometimes.

@[member="Kära Vi'dreya"]

Alan

Blessed are the peacemakers
There was a THUNK as a very agitated group of Jedi appeared, and an apple fell into the armored palm of Tracyn. Tracyn seemed to come quite out of the woodwork, a testament to his wetwork capability. . It was unlike Tracyn to be stealthy, but the situation was not one that he wanted to barge in on. With him, was @[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"] and a most likely equally unhappy @[member="Saki"]. He crossed his armored arms, frowning at the two of them. Tracyn looked at the two beside him, coughing before speaking.

"I'm going to be calm, and ask you....Thurion. What're you doing, with her, alone, in a sanctity of peace? Aaaaaaaad more importantly...what're you doing? I detect a lot of forceness going on. I don't know what it is, maybe it's because we're in the Jedi temple, and there are lots of Jedi around me."He held up his hands."So, Thurion, you've got ten seconds to start explaining of why this is happening, otherwise...I don't know, because I'm not used to anything but capital punishment, but the people to my right and left definitely have ideas. So....yeah. Start talking." Tracyn said with a bit of a growl, clearly not happy by the fact that she was alone, being that she was a dark side, and in such a place of Ashlan. It was like dropping only a tiny bit of oil into water, it would still contaminate it, no matter how small it was. He started to count down on his hand, staring intently at @[member="Thurion Heavenshield"].

The little girl settled more when they touched the ground, breathing out a breath of fresh air. She was, however, very proud of her best friend, and showed him as much with a broad grin which fixed upon her face. Reaching out she brushed a stray strand of hair from his face and sighed. Once she finished her own apple she settled the core down to her side, so she could remove it later, and leant into his body when he spoke to her and pulled her close. She breathed in his scent and began to feel relaxed and comforted, ready to be open with him. After all, she hadn't been given much choice, what with his Master having informed him what she had, but she did not hold it against the Jedi - after all, Kara would have wanted to be told that Thurion was a Jedi had she not known. "I..." she breathed in, it was harder than she realised trying to recall it. "It was difficult... Very difficult" she admitted, biting her little lip. "Some days it hardly seemed worth it... But it's not something you can just walk away from." Closing her eyes she hid her face in his shoulder. "They'll be mad when they find out, you know? I'd only gone to Togoria to experience a Force Wound, a brief bit of respite between Daxton's intense training regimes..." Raising her hands she rubbed at her temples, before breathing out. "And then Syn found me. I'm glad, you know? I feel better in the light, this Temple feels more like a home than anywhere else - Umbara, Korriban, Dromund Kaas..." There were numerous other places, but she limited it to the main ones.

[No offence, Alan, but I'm ignoring that until this is cleared up, because everyone has the wrong of it.]

Thurion began stroking her white hair in an effort to calm her a bit. The past was often painful, he'd learnt, just by speaking with the other padawans, all of whom were abandoned or given away by their parents at a young age, for the most part. They had all found new purpose among the Jedi, but given the choice, would they remain, still? He knew his answer, but not everyone were so adamant in their virtues as himself. Maybe the same was true about @[member="Kära Vi'dreya"], that she would gladly give up the robes of the Sith in favour of the Jedi? He could not, and would not, force her or even suggest it to her. It was not his place to dictate where she belonged. Continuing to stroke her hair, he asked her: "I'm glad, too, Kära. Had he not, I would not have met you, and you would not have met me. That's all I care about at this moment, Kära." Then he said something he'd overheard so many adults quoting here and there. "The Force moves in mysterious ways, Kära..." Having said it, he chuckled a bit. Soo stereotypical...

Cobalt eyes shimmered as they swept over the landscape of the room. It was exactly as its namesake suggested, it was indeed a room of a thousand fountains. Not only that, the vegetation occupying the section of the temple was simply amazing. The life reverberating from the soil, air, and atmosphere practically relaxed every single cell in the young man's body. A smiling Ronnie let his eyes close dreamily, his mouth widening in a yawn-like fashion as he released a massive sigh. It was exhausting practicing, studying, meditating, and helping others all day long. But, it was as that Masters said: it was indeed quite rewarding. The butterfly feeling he got in his stomach was the sign that he knew he was onto something when he partook in those various activities.

However, this feeling spread throughout his abdomen as he strolled the lone path through the lush forest of fruit-bearing trees. Ronnie couldn't really see anything, the branches swooped in every angle, shoving his vision down to a limited scale. His senses tingled, giving him the impression of nearby presences, of which both seemed cloudy. The Padawan found it hard to pinpoint their locations, but rested a hand upon the hilt of his lime-green saber and began his trek through the vegetation.

She didn't care that his words were the epitome of Jedi-Cliche, nor did she mind that his hand had worked its way softly through her hair. Instead the little girl upheld her mental communication with her best and only friend, deciding that honesty was indeed a good policy. "What if this doesn't work, Thurion?" she whispered, despite the fact that only he could hear since it was in their minds. "What if I cannot be redeemed?" She was, in truth, less worried about that and more worried about letting her best friend and Syn down. They trusted her, and she did not want to break such trust. Shifting on the rock she leant fully into him, tiny in comparison despite the minor age difference. Breathing heavily she tried to keep her calm, but it wasn't easy... Especially when she picked up on the presence of another. Panic rose through the paranoid little girl's body, until she all but shuddered in concern.

@[member="Ronnie Vexis"] @[member="Thurion Heavenshield"]

As her weight shifted to settle itself onto him, his embrace of the girl tightened. "I think only you yourself stand in the way of redemption, Kära" he replied inside her mind. He then pointed to her chest where her heart is, before pointing to his own. "We're the same, Kära. We both have a heart, and feelings, and thoughts. We both have our good and bad sides, both light and darkness within ourselves." His gaze were fixed on hers, her piercing, icy blue eyes encapturing him. "I won't give up hope on you, Kära", he said before planting a small, loving kiss onto her forehead. As her body tensed up seemingly from out of nowhere, however, he sensed another being present. He looked behind him, to find a loner wearing padawan robes looking puzzled at the two. He looked much older than both of them, in his teens at least. Thurion had seen him around before, in the cantina and on occasion in the training areas surrounding the temple. "Hey, your name is Ronnie, isn't it?" he asked him, mostly to instill some peace in Kära, who still were tensed at being noticed by another, a stranger.

@[member="Kära Vi'dreya"] @[member="Ronnie Vexis"]

He swallowed, his eyes fixated on the pair before him. The young man took a few careful paces from the cover of the foliage, keeping his hand poised near his saber. Two kids, barely in their teens, maybe. Not only were they young, but dressed differently, and the more shocking fact: the cuddling. Their clowing presences and levitating upon the boulder told him that they were both Force sensitives, most likely trained in the Jedi arts given their location. The boy he knew only by sight, he was a participant of the younger classes. Ronnie believed he only spotted the boy once or twice in his lifetime, which was more than he noticed anybody. He tended to delve his entire being into training, leaving no room for anything else.

"Yeah, I'm Ronnie." His brow furrowed as he took a few more paces towards them, an accusatory glare set in place. "What's going on here?"

@[member="Thurion Heavenshield"] @[member="Kära Vi'dreya"]

Turning to look at Kära for a moment, then back to the padawan, he thought about what to answer him. "Don't worry, Kära, I know what to do", he assured her using his newfound telepathic skills. He rose up slowly, lept off the rock and set foot back onto the ground. "Padawan Kära and I was exploring for a bit, before she hit herself tripping on some roots." He pointed to the foot of the nearby tree. "She was hurt pretty bad, so I had to treat her wound, consoling her", he continued. His tone was calm and clear, without any hesitation in his words. He bent over to pick up one of the apples from the ground. "Want one?" he asked with a kind smile on his face. Before the padawan had a chance to answer, he picked up another one and tossed it over to him. "They're really tasty." With that said he took a bite of the apple, savouring the fresh juices with a loud chewing.

@[member="Ronnie Vexis"] @[member="Kära Vi'dreya"]

The young girl remained in place when Thurion left her to see to the stranger, who immediately had her tense and on edge. His words, gently placed within her mind, soothed her but the worry still remained. Luckily for Thurion his lie was backed up by visual evidence. Kara was full of scars, bruises and even several cuts which had yet to heal over. It had been a rough few months for her, but in their case it worked in her favour. Reaching out she took up one of the fallen apples and gently rocked it in her hands, looking down at her lap. What if he knows? What if he can tell I'm not a Jedi? It was a scary thought, yet she was somewhat reassured by Thurion, and the fact that she was, in fact, here as a guest of the Jedi - brought in by a respected Master and Councillor, none the less. Either way she did not say a word, she remained completely silent and allowed them both to exchange conversation.

@[member="Thurion Heavenshield"] @[member="Ronnie Vexis"]

After having spoken to the padawan who came upon him and Kära, Thurion witnessed the young man merely shrug and turn around and walk away. He had been given no reason to think otherwise, and the evidence were solid for Thurion's claim. As such, he returned to @[member="Kära Vi'dreya"] and sat down next to her. Hopefully the two would not be interrupted again by any more lone padawans out on their woodland strolls. He resumed his stroking of her white hair while putting his arm back around her back, placing his hand on her shoulder. "I'll keep you safe, Kära", he said with a warm smile on his face. "None of the others will understand, but that's okay; I do, and I'll do anything to keep the others off your back." Levitating a small pebble he'd forgotten he'd found earlier and meant to give her, he hovered it into the palm of her hand. The pebble was stark white, like her hair, and shiny enough to show one's reflection. "I found this. I want you to have it."

When he left she let out a sigh and fell into Thurion's embrace, closing her eyes as she breathed in his scent and enjoyed the feel of him fussing her hair. Listening to all he had to say she could not help but smile, settling her head down to his shoulder and relaxing into his comforting arms. She had never known such before, save the very brief encounter with Dranok; how it felt to be cared about, the warm fuzzy feeling she felt inside - she did not want this moment to end, but when he settled something above her hand she felt its presence there and her eyes reopened to glance upon a beautiful pebble, the likes of which she had never seen. "T-Thurion" she breathed, voice catching in her throat. "It's beautiful" - the words were mere whispers, which intensified the astonishment she expressed. Lifting her hand just that tiny bit more she clasped the pebble before turning and wrapping her arms around Thurion in a tight hug, which she had never given before. "Thank you" she whispered into his ear, overcome with emotion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom