Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

One thing I forgot about...

You definitely can. Especially if you aren't sure how you want to play them. You can create a backstory or work out your backstory as you RP. I've seen people not even have Bios at all, but it really is good to have. It lets others get an idea of your character and what kinds of things they can do, or what equipment they have, and an idea what they look like so they can imagine your character. Helps with ideas on how to interact with them as well. But you can update it as you need to while you figure out the character.
And just to double check; John Locke John Locke or Srina Talon Srina Talon , is this all correct?

I was asking if I could leave the backstory blank while I RP so I can get time to think of it better

I once made a Bio and completely (spent ages on it too) forgot to post it for a looong time xD - Slipped my mind entirely.

But don't pull a Srina if you can help it haha.

Like Valiens Nantaris Valiens Nantaris said you should do your utmost to fill out a character sheet to the best of your ability. That being said if there are gaps or things you aren't sure of at the moment you can note something like "TBA (To Be Announced)" so other writers know it's a work in progress. Try thinking about it in terms of what you know to be true for the character right now. These truths MAY change and you're certainly welcome to update that as needed. Just, work with what you've got for now.

Ex.) If you can't think of a full, long backstory, try focusing on what they're doing right now.

You could say something like:

Not much is known about little Jimmy's past, but, he's spent the last few weeks zipping about the Core. Robbing the rich and giving it to the poor and making enemies of the powerful for kicks. He has a spice collection, but, never lets it interfere with his day-to-day activities. He has a droid-named spot and they're best buds.

I would elaborate more than that but I think you get what I mean. Give us a little snapshot of what the character might currently be up to. This way other writers will have an idea about what the character is about, even, if it's vague. You can flesh out the rest (and their backstory) when you get more experience writing them.

So yes, have one. But don't sweat making it crazy detailed at first if you're totally at a loss. Just do your best :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom