Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

One final question...

What do you guys honestly think my reason for being unable to stick with any idea I come up with?

I know I have ADHD... I THINK it has something to do with my inability to stick to character ideas, but somebody here thinks I'm using it as a crutch and clearly the staff are getting annoyed at my inability to stick to a character idea really...

Lara Zambrano

The Lost Princess.
I'm guessing you have alot of ideas you want to bring into storylines which is totally okay! The ideal thing about forum roleplay is you can go into detail with things like that to build something very interesting for you to enjoy.

It took me a while to come up with a storyline for Lara, but I know that when I roleplay with others, that story will evolve more and more. You need to find a character that interests you and when you feel yourself getting bored, ask yourself what can you do with this character to get the same enjoyment you once had with it?

Besides I don't know why admits would be mad at you for having several characters when I came across a thread yesterday with a member having at least 10 or more, lmao.

Lara Zambrano said:
yesterday with a member having at least 10 or more, lmao.

[member="Cira"] had over 80 last I counted. :p

And [member="Eddie"], maybe instead of cosntnatly changing your account name, make character accounts? That way you don't have to get rid of an old idea to have a new one. Also, maybe wait awhile between having your idea for a new character and making it happen? If it's a good idea that you'll stick with, you'll pobably remember it even if you wait weeks. :D

[member="Cira"] has far more than 80, plenty of which aren't re-added to her subaccount list yet.

[member="Eddie"]
My assumption is that you're choosing ideas for characters that you don't plan out or think about on a whim, rather than an inspired character. The reason I stick with one character at a time isn't because I can't handle more than one character at a time, it's because I only make a character as I feel inspiration for it. Silara was easy to come up with, I just made a twisted, blonde, version of myself that had the same sort of troubles expressing thoughts and feelings as I did while coming off as confident and such.

You get distracted, like a kitten in a tinsel factory. You see something and think that'll be the 'OMG best thing ever', do a name change but never actually think it through.
Making a character takes thought, and really, posting the name change request and bio are the last things to do after a long process. For some people it's easy, others struggle.

I think if you'd actually just sit down one day and focus on something it'd be better for everyone.

Because what you're doing now is clearly not working.

@[member="Eddie"]

Many writers go through this- some longer than others.

I agree with Valiens in that a bio and a name change should be the last thing you do. Have you tried-and it may sound weird- but using the ideas that are coming as NPCs at first? This way you can play with the character and see if it works before setting it in stone. Just something I used with a couple characters of mine.

:)

Good luck.

skin, bone, and arrogance
Being the resident Avadreia Lacroix, I guess I'll have to be the one to say it.

It's a lack of discipline and a self-indulgent personality. Framing something that is entirely within your control and abilities as something you "can't" do is a hallmark of this problem. You CAN do it. You just choose not to do so and pretend that it is beyond your abilities to shape your own actions. If you want to stick with an idea you come up with, there is no secret formula or magic trick. You just do it.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Asking the masses on the Internet may not be the best way to go about this Vyp. Sure these are great people. Many of which are brilliant in both imagination and experience. However, I might recommend talking with the family and friends you have in real life first. After all. Who we are back at home in the real world is a strong reflective mirror for the personalities we project out into cyberspace and beyond. I suspect that the closer you come to resolving your challenges in real life, such as ADHD or otherwise, the closer you will come to resolving your challenges here in cyberspace.

Happy New Year man. Make it a great one. :D

@[member="Eddie"]
Here's a tip that I follow:

Don't use popular media/characters/themes/etc as a basis of your character that you will write as a "main" character. These characters need to be organic, almost like a transposition of a real person into a fictional realm. Don't watch a movie and go: "Oh, that would be so cool if I were them! I'll write them on [insert website], with some changes to make it my own!" - it doesn't work. In the end you know less about your character than you should, and just like when you date someone you rushed into a relationship with before actually knowing them, you end up bored, confused, and leave them after slowly distancing yourself from them.

This isn't to say you need to know every last detail about your character - I still haven't decided if the people I killed in one of my flashbacks were my real parents or not, but I like to think that because my characters believes it to be true, I should at least acknowledge the chance that it is - but you should know more about your character than anyone else. If you make a character that pays homage to some character in another fictional franchise, you're essentially trying to put yourself in their writer's shoes and it really won't work well. You don't need to sit here and think for hours on end or brainstorm a character, you just need to find something that inspires you beyond superficial ideas. Some people don't take their characters seriously, or personally; try it. Make yourself your character.

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
^
Pretty much best advice and I can say this. When it comes to making a character that can usually be the easy part. We can all think of another character we'd want to see, that doesn't mean it has to be made or even should be. I have possibly just as many characters as @Cira... possibly but I deleted a lot because I made them and then found no real need to use them. I converted some to npc's just because I had no want to rp with them. I made some NPC's to test characters and see if I like them to perhaps become something more. You have ideas and that is great some are good... and some are rancors with swords but none of them are wholly bad. You just need to rp to have fun and enjoy yourself. Find a character you like that makes you happy and see what they can get into and do. It will make it last for awhile.

@[member="Silara Vantai"] @[member="Matsu Ike"]

Matsu Ike said:
Find a character you like that makes you happy and see what they can get into and do.
Alright, just a note about my "issue" that seems WTF worthy... it feels like I'm trying to make a character just to fit this site's canon because the first time I tried, I utterly failed because he wasn't fully canon to even the site

A strangely mixed bag of Force Energy.
THIS is a new attempt at an old character I have made, just gonna edit the guy to fit the site's canon, but I tried this before with the guy named Vyperion. A note about this that makes him different: This account name is Vyperion's real name

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom