Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Once Upon a Dream

:: HERO of KORRIBAN ::
WEARING: xxx
TAG: Valery Noble Valery Noble

Vindicated, but at what cost? It was clear Judah’s presumptive words had not only struck a chord with the woman, but offended her. A flash of anger, perhaps, showed in her eyes as she glared at the rogue master with a look that could kill. A younger Judah would have been tempted to push her further just to make a point. A younger Judah would have been brash and said something like…​
“…careful now… anger leads to the dark side…”
…that.​
Judah smirked recalling the last time he sat in a room with other Jedi. He’d spent his time calling those gathered on their hypocrisy. They allied with murderers, genocidal imperialists for the sake of wiping out Sith, homicidal maniacs. Calling one evil convenient, or even necessary, for the sake of eradicating one was just as wrong. Perhaps it was the burn of that realization which made him push the boundary.​
But he did.​
The laughter continued to echo in the hall. A ghost would be annoying, but not as near dangerous as a holocron in the wrong hands. Judah simply nodded. While one would be harder to contain or destroy, the other was more of a risk. Either way the situation was not a good one.​
“As opposed to a cranky gatekeeper?”
His point being they’d stumbled onto something less than ideal. However, before Judah’s words caused anymore trouble, he pressed ahead, this time drawing one of his sabers. The sapphire light snapping to life with the familiar hum of his most prized weapon.​

bWMGgIz.png
Valery: Appearance
Outfit: Factory Link
Lightsabers: Link!
Tag: Judah Lesan Judah Lesan
"…careful now… anger leads to the dark side…"
Valery looked over her shoulder again but without the intense glare that she had earlier, "I'm perfectly calm, and I don't think this is the right time to try and get under my skin. We have to focus." She said before she shook away any lingering irritation from what he had said, and focused her mind on the objective through a few simple mental techniques.
Then there was the laughter again and his comment about cranky gatekeepers.
"I've dealt with Holocrons before but I haven't often heard a gatekeeper laughing like this. Especially not since we haven't reached it yet." She said but it could just be part of his game. Holocrons could attempt to corrupt those nearby or even lure them into dangerous situations.
Valery then watched as he stepped past her with his lightsaber drawn and ignited. She held her own out and ready, and followed after him towards the source of laughter and darkness. There was a good chance their weapons wouldn't be of much use against whatever was out there, but better safe than sorry.
"We're close." She finally whispered as they were about the enter the part of the tomb containing their target.
F7r9prE.png

:: HERO of KORRIBAN ::
WEARING: xxx
TAG: Valery Noble Valery Noble

“It’s the perfect time actually.”
Judah let his statement hang in the air for a moment before continuing.​
“What better way to try and figure out how well I can trust the person I’m about to engage a potential enemy with. Everyone has their methods, mine are just… unorthodox.“
It was as true a statement as Judah could say about himself. The man did not do much of anything by the book. Often he was the first to toss it out the window. There was one thing no one would ever say about Judah, however. He was not one the darkness would ever win over.​
Judah simply nodded at her last statement. They were close, and he knew it was likely a ghost or a spirit of some kind. Force ghosts were annoying, especially Sith ones. Neither of them were likely skilled enough to contain one which meant playing the game, if there was one. Judah did not care much for that at all.​
There was one final bid before Judah stepped through the doorway.​
The inner chamber of the tomb was ornate, much more than the rest of it. It seemed entirely untouched, meaning it was likely they were the first to set foot in the room since the tomb had originally been sealed of.​
“Smart.”
Dark eyes fell on the sarcophagus in the center of the room as the laughter they had earlier could be heard coming from it.​
“Cranky ghost, check. You wanna ask it what it wants or leave that to me?”

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom