Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Once more we go around

New neighbors in the core, again. Carida not far from Alderaan, not far from anything really. Faith was feeling the heavy burdens of time on her shoulders. She felt old her children were almost grown, the smallest one Mar'ee was approaching her first birthday, while Laira and Theo were...yes that old. Then there was Bud her oldest.

She even had a grandchild....yes Faith felt very gold. But her Atrisian blood kept her looking half her age it was a blessing and a curse.

She had visited the Republic before when she asked for them to send supplies to the Resistance. They had been quite helpful then, it was easy then way out there on the rim. No worries about the Sith. Here in the core though...different story the Sith weren't far away just over that way and to the left.

So..how could the Republic and Alderaan get along now?

What could they offer one another?

Her long time friend was coming to meet her. She stood now upon the duracrete platform having sent her guards away. She waited for Alexander to come.

There was much to discuss....maybe.

Alexander stretched his limbs as the ship came in to land, careful not to screw something up and send the craft screaming into the ground. The young man was not normal, by any means of the word. Not normal for an echani, for a senator, and definitely not normal when it came to how he acted. But the man operated with his yearnings in mind and ignored his doubts as best he could, which is why he similarly had few people accompanying him, only taking them as the precaution that was deemed necessary.

So as the ship set down he stood up, twisting his torso to crack his back and smiling as he started towards the loading ramp of the craft. It wasn't large and only took him a few minutes to get through the ship, dropping down to the ramp and slowly walking out of it as he hunched down to avoid hitting his head on anything. Which brought him to look across the landing platform and smile as he saw the old friend of his, the one who would be entertaining his presence today.

"Faith, its been a while. I see things are going well here, and heard some interesting things about Alderaan and a partnership it seems to be creating with other nations." He smiled a bit more and started to walk over to the woman, giving her a quick bow in respect before bringing himself back up and crossing his hands behind his back.

"So, what shall come first?"

[member="Faith Organa"]

Marina DeVoe

Not a flight attendant... just a risk.
"Uhm.... any chance I could be early, or am I reliably late again?" She had been coming from where she had parked her speeder and had spotted Bekka just ..hanging near the tarmac of the Royal palace.

Nope, not early. That would upset the very fabric of time and space itself, Bekka had replied.

"Uhg...really?!" Marina stomped her foot down,letting out a small snarl.." Arrrg!"

There was really no disappointment on Bekka's feature as she had gotten used to Marina somehow and consistently always arriving late. But it were never intentional. Marina definitely took her role serious. Just that she at times were doing so many things at once and always running at the limit of the clock...always cutting it close. Sure, she had a fast ship. The Mariner IV could do 0.3 hyper-speed and could cut what was a standard jump to 1/3 the time. But her ship this month was grounded. Grounded by her father for recklessly and without permission enter Commenor space during a sith attack.

~ ~ ~ less than an hour ago ~ ~ ~

'So you're saying if I had informed you, that you'd have let me go?' she had mistakenly asked her father that when he was in the middle of reprimanding her.
The answer was of course; 'If Hell would freeze over and then it still be a NO!'
That NO came at such a velocity and weight that she nearly lost her balance and fell backward to the floor. Only that they were in the great room on Mt Cetril and the big comfy couch somehow wound up in the middle of the hall when she got knocked over.
Plop!..her butt landed on the couch.
'Wha?..' She couldn't figure out how and why had the couch been moved to the middle of the hall...it wasn't cleaning day!

Given a shush by her father, he continued on with his sermon and then grounded her ship, placing a lock down on it as Marina was sitting there on the couch that very following minute.
'But Dad!..' She had tried to interject.

It did her no good, for his word was always final. And to top it off, he forbade her to leave the system for the next two months. It was a diabolical punishment, as a reminder to her that when the restriction was lifted on her ship in a month, that she herself were grounded planet-side for the next.

Was there anything more that she wished to tell him, he asked.
'...sigh...no.' She replied, all solemn like, crossing her arms and remaining seated on the couch.

Then he mentioned to her that she best get properly dressed and down to the Royal Palace, as their queen had sent a message for her to be court side in less than an hour.
Marina's eyes shot up and with a wide grin nothing less.
'So then I can use the Mariner to make it in time?!' the excitement in her voice was soon squelched. No, no starship. She could however use one of the family sedan speeders.
'B..but...no way I can make it in time...I don't think.' She had replied.
Well, best she get off her butt and get a move on it, he suggested.

~ ~ ~ ~

And that's how at the moment and this round, Marina once again arrived 'late as usual' to her queen's calling.
Bekka simply rolled her eyes. Half of the stories Marina came up with she could hardly believe to be true. Like she had more than a few scrapes with the sith and Imperials...and always seemed to come out unscathed.
"Sigh..Oh Bekka.....
Fine, don't believe me. " Marina replied, looking past from where Bekka had been walking from.

"Say...is?..." Marina's eyes were perfect..." ...Is that Queen [member="Faith Organa"] there on the tarmac?" She asked.

Bekka nodded. But before she could reply, Marina had already booked..running as fast as she could toward the figure in the distance that was her queen.

A few meters distance, she slowed down to a brisk walk, straightening her jacket and brushing her hair back with her hands.
She made a good effort in getting control of her breathing so as not to have seemed she had sprinted the 600 meter dash in near record time toward her.

"Good... Ahem..." She cleared her throat, as she was still a bit winded.
" Good morning your majesty." Marina then said, as her periferal took note on a young man who had just seemed to have word with her queen. Naturally, she had not caught the initial conversation with the wind, and engine drives she had just passed on the tarmac. Her eyes then went over to the vessel he came out of, trying to determine from where it could have originated from.
But the clue as to him being a sort of VIP was in the manner of which he stood, presenting his self to her queen.

A dignitary?....she could only guess.
Her eyes quickly shot back over to her queen...Lord ere Marina's eyes sorry, for disappointing her queen again.

[member="Alexander Sannes"]

[member="Alexander Sannes"] | [member="Marina DeVoe"]

Faith smiled over to Alexander it felt good to have an old friend around. "I don't know to be honest. Shall we talk of the Republic that you are part of and how it is either the same or different than the one we were part of?"

Before they could bo any further late as usual Marine showed up. She nodded her greeting, "Alexander I'd like you to meet Lady Marine DeVoe of House DeVoe." She left off the intern title this time it did not fit this situation. Her continual tardiness she didn't know how to explain or understand.

"Lady Devoe this is Senator Alexander Sannes of Carida a representative of the Republic." She didn't add and an old friend either. She was always testing Marina to see how she handled herself in front of others. After all she represented Alderaan in many ways it was nice to know how she represented Alderaan.

Marina DeVoe

Lady?
Lady DeVoe, her queen had introduced her as.
For a moment, this threw Marina off balance, not certain as how to go about what could be a slip of the tongue? Was it possible that her queen could have slipped up? Heresy, for Marina even to assume that.
But her queen had not made an error, but went ahead and introduced her so and from her House; House DeVoe.

Marina nevertheless bowed her respect to the Republic senator. So it were the Republic by which they were here to open dialogue with, it were revealed to her. It was true then...the rumors of the free systems possibly coming together to drive the vermin sith back out into their corner of the dark galaxy.

"Thank you, your majesty..." She first said, before raising her eyes to the Senator and extending her hand.
"It is with great pleasure and honor to meet your acquaintance, Senator Sannes." Marina then replied.

Sannes..Sannes... she just couldn't place the name. No she had never come across any rosters by that name. But there were literally thousands of Republic senators and representatives. Marina only knew a few as it were and then she met even less of them from there.
Yes, she was a late comer as far as entering the political arena. But it had been long overdue and her father, her family had become anxious as for marina to finally step up and take her place within the family role of Alderaan's Great Houses.

But her heart could not give up the stars, it seemed and in many ways, she did more than represent or be a representative of her House. Like, she had her older sister who had been titled Duchess DeVoe like their mother. Marina being the younger daughter didn't need to seek the same title, even though she could and her family wanted her too. And that was why she was Queen [member="Faith Organa"]'s intern...to take her place alongside her sister.
Again, it weren't in her heart to do so. But she loved her queen, her Alderaan and her people. She knew what they wanted of her and she did do her best. But she did better by getting right in the front lines, instead of dictating from the side lines. She had many times dove into the swarm of siths that had advanced into what were free systems...and she had come out unscathed.

No, Marina was no warrior or ace fighter pilot. She was a pacifist and really didn't see herself as brave at all. She just did what her heart tugged her to do despite her fears. And she had many fears. She feared the sith, the Imperials and many more darkened hearts that plagued the galaxy. But she knew that if she didn't follow her heart...she could not at all live with her conscious.
Marina had a calling...a destiny among the starts. She just wasn't clear as to what it was. But as intern to her queen, it was taking her in the right direction. She could feel it in her heart. Even if she would never become what her family wanted 'Duchess of House DeVoe', there was a place for her in the greater political arena...or the battlefronts pissing off the tyrannical siths who for the life of them just couldn't understand how one with an unarmed ship could give them a run for their efforts.

[member="Faith Organa"]

Alexander was thoroughly caught off guard as the scene played out infront of him, the young man staring at the two before raising a brow at Faith herself. The whole formality of the situation, his being introduced in his professional title and the woman who had appeared bowing to him caused a moment of pause in him. He appreciated the formalities, feeling a bit like he was back home on Eshan but at the same time, he kind of hated them.

It was part of the job though and his smile returned him to the world, giving a small bow back to the woman who was Faith's attendant. He was still curious about this woman and with a quick glance he threw the silent question to Faith. In the meantime, he responded to the woman who Faith had introduced, and who was speaking herself.

"Please, the pleasure is all my Lady DeVoe. It is not often I get to meet the companions of queens, and rightly chosen ones at that." He could play the game of politics well enough, especially when it came to formality and honeyed words. His father and mother had made sure of that as well as his uncle who had replaced as Senator of Eshan back in the older days of the Republic.

The bow was finished and he turned his head to the queen, putting on the show of formality now that they had an observer in their presence.

"And as always Your Highness, I can't say how grateful I am you took the time to host me in your home. Such a magnificient place." He smiled to her, letting her know he was playing along and how he wished that he could drop the farce. They were old and good friends, a person he had worked for and happily done so as minister of music... though his job during that time had been rather small compared to the past and the present, leaving alot of the work to those who worked under him.

"As for the Republic, ask any question. Though I do request we take a walk while you do, my feet and legs could use a stretch after the trip here. You know, a few hours of travel between Carida and Alderaan can really put them to sleep."

[member="Marina DeVoe"] [member="Faith Organa"]

[member="Marina DeVoe"] | [member="Alexander Sannes"]

"I remember well your desire to walk Alexander." Faith looked at Marina, "come with us Marina." Faith looked at Alexander, "Tell me is the Republic looking to establish itself like the old? I am concerned the move recently made took me by surprise. Was it expected?"

She looked to Marina making sure she was with them and ready to ask any questions she could think of they would have to address her constant tardiness. While it could be let go the first time, maybe even a second but a third surely would require a reprimand of some kind.

She motioned to them to walk back along the paths towards the palace.

Marina DeVoe

She didn't have to reply, but only comply.

Marina took to walking alongside her queen, a bit off back as she were more following Faith's lead at this time.
And as she attentively listened, they passed Bekka who took to acknowledge her queen with a graceful bow as they passed. Marina being a bit off to the side of Faith..more of a half step behind looked over to Bekka and gave her a friendly smile.
What she got in return was quite a curious look. One which questioned as to why she had the privilege of their queen's company and not her.
Marina gave her a slight shrug, understanding what lay in Bekka's eyes.
'Sorry' Marina motioned her lips without sound to her friend. She had not expected her queen to invite her along.

Her peripheral also picked up Bekka's gesture; her friend tapping her wrist, indicative that Marina had been late again and gets to walk with their queen?
It were an odd moment and one marina could not answer, for she were following Faith and the Republic Senator and was already a few paces past Bekka. She did feel bad, for she knew Bekka loved their queen as much as Marina did. But Faith had asked her to walk with them for some reason or purpose.

As they approached the Royal Palace, Marina couldn't but help ask about the former CSA..or more to the point, about her friend Cessy's world.
"Uhm....excuse me your majesty...." Marina took to step up her pace to come next to faith.
Then..
" ...and Senator[member="Alexander Sannes"] , for getting a bit off track. But of the former CSA....and mainly of the system Commenor. I am concerned as to how the Republic senate views their current plight." She asked.
Sure, the very same sith had attacked Alderaan and it's allies too. But Alderaan had for the most part driven them out of their system again. It seemed the sith had come, they wrecked havock , but couldn't firmly plant their roots on Alderaan like they just did on Commenor.

Marina's concern was what of Cessy and her family. Cessy was what Marina had come to know [member="Lady Kay"] as, before she discovered that she was Queen of Commenor.

[member="Faith Organa"] had already gotten to the point of order, the concern over the Republic and its move to the Core. Alexander smiled having expected this and appreciative she had mentioned one further point, that being whether the move was expected.

"If you had asked me that question last year Faith, I honestly could not tell you to be completely honest." He tripped up, using her first name without realizing his mistake, only pausing to breath and sigh. "What had brought on the intention to move was a request by the planets of Arkania, Carida and Hok for the Republic to return to that sector and as such a vote was cast among the worlds of the Remnant in preparation, due to the senate being split and this being a very controversal idea." He smiled a bit and laughed to himself.

"So while we had not expected the request, we did take steps to ensure the movement was without conflict to the best of our abilities, thanks to the vote and the help of the starlanes that had been secured and protected. I mu-" He stopped when Marina came up, requesting her queen's ear, and that of his own.

The question made Alexander pause, raising a brow and thinking on the matter that was Commenor.

It would be foolish to say that the Republic was not concerned by the recent actions at Commenor, talks in back doors between Senators and other officials over who's side to support in such a situation. The Republic itself could legally do nothing for Commenor, due to the peace treaty signed even if it was at gunpoint. What it could do though was help to push sparks and fan those into a flame from the background.

It was with that thought, Alexander gave Marina a comforting and knowing smile.

"The Senate can do little due to that pesky little treaty that was signed, making the occupation lawful in its intent. What happens from this point is to the credit of those on the planet, whoever they find as benefactors from the market that is hidden. I apologize if I cannot answer you more than that."

[member="Marina DeVoe"]

Faith winked at Alexander to let him know it was ok. She waited patiently while Alexander answered Marina's question about Commenor. While Faith could say she would be concered over Lady Kay she would also remind those with her that it was a Commenor Defense Minister that vacation or no allied with the Sith.

She would do her best to forget that it was the position of Commenor that the Minister was on vacation. But if she took a vacation everything she did would reflect on Alderaan it was a moot point. And Darben had conveyed the position of Alderaan to the Kay. It would seem that all of her good intentions with the Sith had back fired and come back upon her. A tragedy to say the very least.

"We are glad that Commenor has survived even if under the ministrations of the Sith. I'm sure at some point they will find a way to regain their sovereignty." She looked to Marina her concern for others was admirable.

"Republic close to the core again. There are some that will welcome it, others will not be so happy." Faith wasn't trying to take the focus off of Commenor but she would like to bring it back to Republic Alderaan relations.

"Marina what do you think of the Republic returning to the core?" Marina who represented the people view something at times Faith lost sight of.

[member="Alexander Sannes"] | [member="Marina DeVoe"]

Marina DeVoe

Her queen's words on Commoner's fate did little to ease her concern. Marina was one whom could be said to know the true meaning of friendship. It were something of an unspoken oath, a bond which were made between marina and the person that she came to call friend. She didn't have a code, per say. But it nevertheless existed. Once she bonded, it were for the most part for life.

Although she rarely contradicted her queen or anyone for that matter, Marina would have desired a stronger conviction as to maybe Alderaan, if not the FWC remnant aiding Commenor. Marina knew in her heart that systems like Commenor and the Republic stood stronger if they all stood together. Sure, like any brother or sister or anyone at any given time in a family would find themselves at odds for one reason or another. But like a family, they should all still support one another when hard times came about.

Her queen's question came at a rather odd moment, as her thoughts were still on Commenor struggling with their now current sith overlords..or so they were refered to by many she knew.
Still, seemed the Republican Senator was here on Alderaan to possibly reopen positive dialogue with Alderaan. This in any form or shape was always a good thing..right? But she had her throughts elsewhere a moment and it did take her another minute to realign her train of thoughts.
Her queen were leading her to speak about their beloved Alderaan's view of possibly realigning with the republic...or what was reforming as the republic once more.
"The Republic had always been the forefront of Democracy in the Core Systems in our galaxy's history. I don't see how this galaxy could regain what it once were if the Republic could not be made to hold up its foundation, your majesty." Marina replied...mainly from what she learned from her father, [member="Duke Kyle DeVoe"] . Her father the Duke, had laid much of her fundamental thinking and core beliefs. The rest, she got from her own heart as she grew up to be the young lady with spirit in her heart and eyes to the stars. But aside from that, she were a true Alderaani, a traditionalist and a pacifist. Peace in her mind should come from leading with example. And Alderaan had always lead through example. Only in the last few centuries, it seemed Alderaan was more defending itself from the sith than leading the way to true peace without conflicts.

"I can't speak for all of Alderaan...perhaps maybe not even for the majority..." Her voice dulled a bit, for she knew that a great many Alderaani wanted either total independence, or total commitment to the sith incursions through superior military buildup.
"But I do speak for the many who have held to the hope of the Republic reforming...returning to become the forefront of Democracy in not only the core worlds...but the Expansion and beyond." She stopped there, for she didn't want to get ahead of herself.
There was certainly a movement toward reforming the Republic. But they had so many systems fractionalize since the days of Palpatine that in a sense it would most likely have them build up the republic as it once had been formed tens of thousands of years past.

[member="Faith Organa"]

"I must say, while I appreciate the hope for the Republic, I would not be so quick to champion its growth and expansion. While we have had welcoming voices from worlds like Balmorra, Rendili, and the likes of Kuat recently, there are still many worlds that would only see their own power be absolute..." He smiled and looked at the ground, thinking on the matter.

"The Republic will not be like the last, who's sins included the scaring of worlds, the conquest of planets, and the allowance of those who did not see freedom as the mission of the Republic. So it shall reform, but it will not be the same as the last, that much I can promise." He paused in his speach and thought on the matter.

Faith was worried that the Republic might simply absorb worlds and grow beyond their rights. That it might replicate the actions of its predecessor and Alexander understood that well. He still wished to approach Eshan and ask for their membership into the Republic, but he knew that would be overstepping his boundaries. Worlds that wished the Republic to come to the table either approached the nation on their own, or made it clear that they welcomed the Republic's influence there.

"Like I said before though, I appreciate the hope from you, but I would not rely on it quite yet. The Republic still has its trials and tribulations to go through."

[member="Marina DeVoe"] [member="Faith Organa"]

Marina DeVoe

"Senator Sannes, if i may..." She certainly didn't wish to speak out of turn before her queen. But she nevertheless wished to speak her mind on the matter. It were what was in her heart..her soul.
"The Old republic is by which I speak of. Since the disbarring of the original senate by that vile Emperor palpatine...a sith no less...the reformation of the republic in it's many forms and reforms have all failed.."

"I, like many which see no other avenue for a real peace in this galaxy, are all supporters of Democracy. In such, perhaps we should all really start with Hope again. There are already a few systems keen on the revival of the Old Republic...it is where this spark exist. And from a spark we can ignite this Hope into reality. The flames of Hope can ignite many hearts...many systems to once again embrace a united Democratic center...and it is rightly so that it should stem from the Core systems. It is where the heart is...it's true center by which it can expand outward and hopefully to all of the systems. Beyond the Expansion and in and through the outer rims." She stopped a moment, as she were speaking with fever..passion. It were a fault of hers. A good fault by some accounts. Her spirit called for freedom and equality for all...and it were the voice of Democracy.

"Sigh..." She took a moment to abate her breath. Perhaps she were too passionate about securing the galaxy with the idea of democracy.
"My apologizes... my thoughts tend to get the better of me at times.."
Marina knew enough not to keep ranting, but to allow the senator..her queen even, to interject. Marina had no answers, only the spark of Hope.
Hope which existed in millions if not billions of beings throughout the galaxy.

[member="Faith Organa"]

"Marina when Alexander speaks of the old Republic he doesn't speak of the one you refer to he speaks to the one that existed some 10 years ago. Something that he and I were both part of. We saw what happen with the leadership, with the plans for expansion, all that democratic was lost to possession and power." Faith looked to Alexander it had been a rough time then. All that they had believed in lay in ruin around them.

Constant wars. Constant attacks. No movement in the Senate. Till the final straw when the seat of power moved to take over all companies and began it's own war.

"The Republic you want to see come to fruition at one time may have happened. But now when the galaxy hears the word Republic they shake their heads and pray that it never rises to the power it once was. This new Republic has that image to fight and with them so near I had to ask Alexander my friend what plans the Republic. They will not move on Alderaan. And at this time Alderaan will not be approaching Republic. I am content to offer treaties, trade, and what help we can but membership is not in my plans."

She looked to Alexander, "But we can find other ways to promote peace, other ways to fight the darkness and still remain who we are." She smiled.

Marina DeVoe

"Yes...
Yes, I know of the Republic by which stood a decade ago." Her eyes dropped to the floor..voice solemn..distantly fading
"That was no Republic, no...nor the other versions of what were called the Republic in the past 8 centuries." Marina had to pick herself up..her spirit as she had almost dropped to a whisper...she were so heartbroken.

"I'm sorry my queen...
I didn't mean to speak of things which may never be once more...
I seem to always look into the pas, it seems. My father too thinks I am too sentimental. " She apologized, before looking up at the Senator.

"Some believe we should learn from our past so that some things that were, should never come to be. But since the fall of the Old Republic...and that were of sith design...our path since that point in our galaxy's history it has been a dark one, Senator Sannes." her renewed voice begged her to speak further.

"I don't speak for many at all...but for the voices which call for Unity, Equality and rightful existance....prosperity...the persuit of happiness..." Her voice faded again, like that of a distant dream coming to awake to nothingness.

"Ahem...
All these are not just words but sparks to the flames in many hearts that want a chance to light the dark path upon which this galaxy has been spiraling down in. The light of Hope cannot be extinguished. And if it means for many to form a New republic to push past this darkness, then that is the Republic of old...We were one less than a thousand years ago. We can be one again.." Ok, so maybe she was going to be sent to the sidelines like Bekka.

Was she not supporting her queen, but going off on her own agenda? But what agenda did she have, she asked herself. It were still unclear to her, her role and purpose in the galaxy. Marina had not yet found what her true destiny were.

She remained silent..waiting for her queen in a gracious manner, perhaps excuse her. maybe she shouldn't have spoken her mind like this. Not in the presence of the Senator in front of her queen.

[member="Faith Organa"]

Alexander listened to the two with a pleasant smile on his lips, amused by [member="Marina DeVoe"]'s pride in the past and [member="Faith Organa"] more careful approach. He himself would not dash the idealistic beliefs though. If he had the way, the Republic would bring the Core into the fold but they had to come on their own. The Republic had alot to prove, and it could not misstep and bring onto it the ire of the galaxy like had occured in the past or even in the ancient history that was the Palpatine's coup.

It was that thought that made him pause and give Marina his full attention with a smile, his hands crossed behind his back an accepting look on his face. He listen to each word no matter how softly spoken and he let his smile help support her to keep going. It was confidence in one's self and their beliefs that he enjoyed and she needed that confidence even more with her standing infront of her queen and sounding as if to contradict her queen's own wishes.

"And, If I might ask, where are those who would support that hope?" He was blunt in his words, knowing what he said next could be rough to hear, but it was true in some regards.

"Empires control nearly half this galaxy, the Sith, who are known to genocide a world for simple displeasure go unchallenged by the one government large enough to. The First Order has torn apart the Alliance, who's people scattered and have yet to return to either those which remain or reform. The Mandalorians crawl into the beds of the sith, even as their leaders see what occured to their leader's own vod on Commenor, and Planets still reject the idea of the Republic, as we saw in the first week of returning." He touched his hand to his side and tapped his fingers on his legs.

"Idealism cannot be upheld without people to stand for it, I suggest not letting that hope of yours ever be dashed and tossed aside. Otherwise, you will fall into the same trap millions have under the rule of the Empires that seek to asert complete control over people." His eyes returned to Faith, smiling the same soft smile he had had before speaking.

"As for ways to promote peace, That is more than what I expected to come from this visit. I am excited to hear such an idea be readily given and supported. What did you have in mind in particular if you do not mind my asking?" He waited, straightening out his clothing and waiting for her reply.

Marina DeVoe

Marina looked over to her queen and couldn't for the life of her understand why her queen hadn't shut her down. But Queen [member="Faith Organa"] seemed fine with Marina speaking her mind. After all, she always encouraged it.
All it took were an encouraging nod from her queen for Marina to return to the senator's inquiry.

"In general terms, Senator Sannes." She then said, seemingly not sure if she should continue.
"I can only speak out in the open in general terms as I cannot divulge the names,nor the systems..even partial systems which currently are in civil unrest...sigh...pray I they don't war over it.." She seemed to struggle with speaking freely, even to a republican senator.
it were not that she didn't trust him. Marina for the most part gave her trust too freely..too readily.
It were not that, by which she were reluctant in directly communicating what he asked. It were that she could not break the trust, the word given to those parties...the men, the women and beings with the same hope.

"M...my queen..." She then turned suddenly to Faith kneeling before her.
There was more to it than either her queen or senator had assumed she knew. And Marina didn't know all either. None of the resistant groups and leaders knew all. It was that way so not one could know or speak under duress of all.

"I...gulp....I cannot even divulge all that I know to neither you person, nor the Council, your majesty..." Her head remained low before her queen. She had just confessed there was a higher authority upon which her word could not be broken. But it were of no person, place or faction. It were the word of a deVoe. Once given, no mortal..not even their queen could have them break it...even if it came to be under the pain of death.

It were honor. Honor and reputation by which the Royal House of Organa had come to recognize House DeVoe. And it seemed it had passed on to this daughter Marina.
And she had stated that she could not even divulge those names and systems to the Council even..not even to her own father, Duke Kyle DeVoe.

It were apparent that Marina was somehow involved, maybe too deep with those who resisted the sith....resisted the FO....resisted oppression.
It were individuals like marina that kept Hope alive despite the darkness that intended to devour it and all.

"Forgive me my queen...." Marina's eyes were apparently shedding tears, for the ground before Faith's feet appeared to see a drop..then two. marina's head were still reserved in a subjective bow. She could not go on. Not if faith would not allow it. Surely marina was expecting her queen to dismiss her. It would be justifiable, for Marina seemed faithfully bound to not name names... not even to her own queen.

If she were allowed to continue, both her queen and senator would have to understand that she could only speak in general terms.

[member="Faith Organa"]

Faith watched listened as she always did. "I do not ask anyone to give up hope. It is hope that keeps us going." But then when Marina started going on about forgiveness and what she could and couldn't say. Faith grew concerned.

My goodness Faith thought "Unless you are spying on me and my household, or telling others of what my decisions are then you are not in trouble Marina, however if you are doing that...it is treason..so explain yourself a bit better"

Faith often grew tired of all this cloak and dagger business in her own staff. Her family. [member="Laira Darkhold"] came to mind quickly another who hide behind I can only tell you so much because ....

Then it dawned on Faith Marina's loyalty to someone else other than to her was stronger. A problem was brewing. Faith looked to Alexander, "I was offering another way for peace but it would seem Marina has.....outside concerns...outside of Alderaan. Which...she..."Faith was slowly forming her words, "is protecting."

But what was Marina up to...and should she now be excluded from all of the High Council meetings...Faith just didn't know what to think of the blonde on her knees.

Marina DeVoe

"Gasp!...NO!...never, your majesty." Marina looked up to her beloved queen.
Yes..yes, it would appear as her queen thought. But it weren't so. Marina would rather die, than betray her queen, her father..Alderaan.

But she had kept secrets. Marina had taken many steps beyond what her queen, her father the council of anyone on Alderaan knew.
She took up defying the sith and their expanding empire. And she had made friends. She was in so many ways part of the growing resistance that would not just sit by and let the sith spread like a disease across free systems and those already subjugated. She was a runner. And she were with the resistance underground, as some would call it. And there were many like her, and yet not everyone knew everyone, nor the real numbers, nor much of the other groups outside the ones that were active. This kept the whole of the resistance safe, as not one person knew all. It were the only way the resistance would grow. And if one cell were compromised, it would not affect the rest.

Yes, there was love for her queen in marina's eyes. She were no spy...not to her queen, no.
"There is no one I put above you my queen. Just-..." How was she to explain, as to why she had to keep silent the names, the systems and stations that were privi to her?

"Just that I have done things by which my own father has forbidden me to do. I took it upon myself to become part of the resistance...to defy the sith...the FO...any and all oppressors that have and are plaguing this galaxy." Marina wasn't certain if her queen would accept her reasoning. But perhaps her queen could understand that she simply could not wait for bureaucrats or systems to ally themselves, as so many were in need at this very minute.
Marina couldn't stand by and wait. She took it upon herself to get herself in the front lines.

And her father (her family) discovering her involvements in the sith campaigns; he grounded her ship. He felt it were the only way to keep her grounded too. But she couldn't be grounded, not even if she didn't have her ship. Marina found the means and resources to leave Alderaan and enlist her services with the resistance. All in the name of defiance. Defiance of the sith...vermin in her eyes.

"I gave my word to those whom defy the sith. I cannot divulge who they are or from what systems they are from. It is to protect their identity...their people, my queen. I do not represent Alderaan when among them. I represent the oppressed whom will not lie down and be silent while the sith spread their disease." She did her best to explain despite her heart ache in thinking her queen saw her as a traitor to House organa and to Alderaan.

"I don't fight, I assist. I bring medical supplies and food to our front line resistance. I bring humanitarian aid to those unfortunate people caught behind enemy lines. I evacuate refugees...I do what I can to defy the sith....not you my queen." She then looked over to the senator.

"There are many of us...many more than what anyone knows. I don't know a fraction of these numbers...but we are there, Senator Sannes.
You have to understand that I cannot name names. But I will speak on your behalf if my queen allows, and perhaps see if some form of meeting can be arranged for you to meet one..two...how many choose to come forth."
No, Marina were no traitor, but one of many resistance fighters..unnamed.

[member="Faith Organa"]

Faith smile, "oh Marina. You think that you're the only one protecting the resistance. Alderaan has already spoken to the Republic and others about supplying the resistance when I visited Senator Fenstermacher before their move. Not everything I do is so clear to everyone around me. "

She looked at Alexander. "I assume what was offered then still stands."

Maybe an expansion of contact circles was needed. After all the green house sent flowers every where identifying the location drops for supplies. Support across the galaxy was growing for the little group.

[member="Marina DeVoe"]| [member="Alexander Sannes"]​

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom