Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Planet Olum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cloudy_planet_by_B1nd1.jpg
(author's name in the bottom of the picture)​

Name: Olum
Astrographical Information
Region: Mid Rim
System: Həyat System
Suns: 1 G-Type main-sequence star - Əbədi
Orbital Position: Habitable zone.
Moons: N/A
(map made by the wonderful Tefka)​

Rotational Period: 19 Standard Hours
Orbital Period: 298 Local Days

Physical Information
Class: Terrestrial.
Atmosphere: Type II.
Climate: Near-Temperate (significantly warmer).
Gravity: 1.1x Standard
Primary Terrain: Oceans, forests, deserts.
Points of Interest:
Keeper of Essences, a totem-like natural structure which is believed by some people to hold the essences of people who have died near it.
The Beginning Tree, which is, according to some documents, the tree which started all life on the galaxy. Both skeptics and scientists of the galaxy, however, have declared it's one of the biggest lies they have ever seen, and consider the tree being the first life-form very unlikely.
Path of the Forgotten, a road in one of the forests of this planet. It ends at either the Keeper of Essences or at The Beginning Tree, yet that is not what makes it beautiful and strange. People who have walked on the road have talked about wonderful things happening to them, sometimes even speaking of enlightenment. It is not sure what makes the travelers believe such things, but indeed, something is mystical about the forest-road.
Native Fauna: No remarkable native fauna; the native fauna of the planet consists of various species of the galaxy who are found on most planets. Some examples of these species would be banthas, bears, foxes, etc.

Societal Information
Native Sentient Species: Most likely none.
Immigrated Species: N/A, only single people all around the planet. No settlements exist on the planet.
Primary Languages: N/A as there are nearly no people on the planet. Still, when considering those few people, Galactic Basic Standard.
Government: N/A
Population: Unknown (as nearly all people on the planet are alone, shattered from each other)
Demonym: Oluman
Major Cities: N/A
Major Imports: N/A
Major Exports: N/A
Minor Exports: N/A
Affiliation: Independent.

Descriptive Information
Culture:
As there are no settlements on the planet, it would be the best to say that there is not culture on the planet. Still, when new people move to Olum, they bring their own culture which heavily depends on the species of the person and the home world of theirs. Since there is nothing which would press a certain culture on all the people, everybody is free to have their own culture just like they want to.

Still, there is one thing which still remains in mystery. There are scrolls and even holocrons all around the planet - though not too many, they're still noticeable - and nobody knows who left them there. Some suggest they remain in the current locations of theirs since another person lived in the location, yet there is also the belief that one day, there was a native species on the planet, but they either left it completely, or went extinct without anything else but scrolls and holocrons left behind by them.

Technology: Varies. It is personal as every person living on the planet has all the technology they have brought with them.

History:
Much of the planet known as Olum is still covered with mysteries, but one thing is sure: the planet has existed for a long time, probably life on it started three billion years ago. Time passed, species evolved into more complex ones, and life became more and more complicated. However, no sentient life on it has ever evolved, as scientists believe.

The first documents regarding the planet were released about at the time when the Galactic Republic begun. People traveled to the planet, but didn't find it intriguing enough to stay on it. The first settlement, which was but a small tribe, was of humans from the Galactic Republic, who had come there from Coruscant. They left Olum shortly because of not finding it having enough resources to support human life.

During times, there have been many kinds of settlements and colonies, but none of them have stayed. The galaxy seems to have lost all interest in the planet at around the year of 425 ABY, which was the time when Gulag Plague started spreading. There were more important things people were occupied with and the planet was forgotten by the majority of people.

However, lonely wanderers or anybody else - monks, hermits, etc. - have lived for some time on the planet through all the time.

There is not much history of the planet and even the scrolls and holocrons do not tell people of the history of it. They speak only of the wonders of Olum, including the beliefs about the Keeper of Essence and The Beginning Tree.

Notable PCs: None yet.

Intention: To give the RP a planet which would be interesting to discover, and also to provide a location for a certain little event.

[member="Maria Zambrano"]
OK, just some questions before this moves on to approval.

I’m not quite sure if I understand this right, but this is a habitable planet, but no one lives there? If it’s been known as long as you say I find it highly unlikely no one has settled there, especially considering its location.

There’s something that troubles me about this submission, and mainly it’s because I’m extremely cynical, but I can’t help but think you’re going to have some sort of ‘surprise’ here. The sort of surprise involving extremely powerful Force artefacts or the like.

Help put my mind at ease that there’s no hidden agenda here and @mention me when you’re ready.

Tamara said:
[member="Maria Zambrano"]
OK, just some questions before this moves on to approval.

I’m not quite sure if I understand this right, but this is a habitable planet, but no one lives there? If it’s been known as long as you say I find it highly unlikely no one has settled there, especially considering its location.

There’s something that troubles me about this submission, and mainly it’s because I’m extremely cynical, but I can’t help but think you’re going to have some sort of ‘surprise’ here. The sort of surprise involving extremely powerful Force artefacts or the like.

Help put my mind at ease that there’s no hidden agenda here and @mention me when you’re ready.
Indeed, it has been known for a long time, but unlike many other planets, there are no natives, no important resources which would be used but which are on most other planets, land is quite unfertile, and I would say the planet is barely habitable; while it is possible to live on the planet, other ones are better for living. There have been settlements on the planet - like mentioned - but due to Gulag Virus and the fact that even considering it's in the Mid Rim, it is not even as known as Ankus, for example.

If you're referring to what I asked about artefacts and items which have special powers and enhance users' abilities, then I must say that I decided not to go that way with the planet as it would have been to much necessary work to get all items which I thought about approved. While yes, there is a surprise, it's not that kind of one and is not worth mentioning as it is not about the planet itself.

[member="Tamara"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom