Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Of Favor & Fortune

Code Of Silence
Factory Judge
The Star Lounge - Private Area, Upstairs

(Parla Pui Piano, Slow)

Jt7iiGSS1PPiVBdoqrBDF8Zgdaek9_9ptEtX4t6JecqrUZXGzbSmY6dCdzINJVXhPIsSLOQOIFsjMeeY7P3DWANd2pMWyb1oiC8-fze8WKeAnnGycJDXFEoNih8aGYslJfac718C

y6vFr9hORqIhYgHI4lo3e_r78XEKmwq2BH0bjj2YSJG3F9vSRifrgX-weaKg6X8p4wW4lZI9LtA9XDcMmbosRUTjtMUI5urHd6v4dnmeW5y8T-kBq7xukirzYrlwXFKPFAJMJLDf

The elegant decor of The Star Lounge’s second floor wove a tapestry of decadent beauty; welcoming visitors in a warm, intimate embrace. The volume of the music diminished somewhat, even though one could easily glance over the railing and look below into the Lounge. Some strange miracle of design kept the acoustics focused; anyone dining on the second floor could easily carry on a conversation with no problem hearing their companions.

Marcella would lead Kardek & his droid partner down a long stretch, passing booth after booth, treading upon a long red velvet carpet. The faintest scents of lingering sweet-smelling cigarra smoke and cooking food from the kitchens were concentrated here - hardly overpowering, and only serving to enhance the feeling that anyone dreading in this space was safe & secure from the bustle of Coruscant outside.

At the end of the hallway, a closed door with a golden sign marked “Private Seating” barred their passage, which Marcella would open by simply turning the knob. The space beyond was somewhat different than the open seating they’d passed; half a dozen private booths, some opening out to view the Lounge below & others entirely enclosed and decorated with paintings & art from across Coruscant. Each booth was concealed by a red velvet curtain which could be pulled back & secured by golden tassels.

Upon entering the private area, a single voice would be audible to the trio - a woman’s voice, rising in musical laughter, then speaking in a language they may or may not have been familiar with: The Language the Mikkian People, of the Planet Mikkia.

As the trio approached one of the booths on the right-hand side (which conveniently provided an open view over a railing into the Lounge and the stage below), the woman’s voice changed tone - speaking what was likely a farewell.

The red curtain lay open, revealing a single woman of stunning beauty. She was pale-skinned and dressed in a sleek black dress, as dark as the Abyss. The low-hanging top & lacy shoulders barely concealed a lithe feminine figure covered in numerous tattoos. Raven-black hair, curled into an intricate braid reminiscent of Alderaanian hair-styles, fell down her back, and a wide-brimmed black hat lay on the table by her left forearm (taking up a good portion of the table’s space). Nestled just above her bosom lay a small violet crystal set in silver wire which hung from her neck - glittering like a tiny star with its own internal fire. A discerning eye would recognize it to be a Kyber Crystal, and worth enough to buy half the Uscru District.

At Marcella’s sudden appearance, the woman glanced up - taking in the IG-88 Assassin Droid trailing a strange trenchcoat-wearing man who, in turn, trailed in Marcy’s footsteps.

Even at a distance, this mysterious raven-haired woman radiated a sense of power & confidence into the air. She appeared relaxed... but to anyone with experience in reading body-language, she was coiled like a predator - ready to spring into violent action in an instant.

A bright smile rose on her lips, flashing perfect teeth, as she greeted Marcy first:

“Marcella, my dear. Edaline Black sends her regards.”

As she spoke her next words, her right hand (still resting on the table beside a discarded datapad) displayed a series of gestures - easily missed in the dim light & forgotten about, but the meaning of which Marcella would easily recognize.

“You bring guests.”

Her tone framed it as a question…

It was not.

Kardek Alpha Kardek Alpha Marcella Fiora Marcella Fiora

Last edited:
Business, Espionage & Faith
M A R C E L L AㅤF I O R A
4GO0IL2.png

Tag: Kardek Alpha Kardek Alpha , Ivory Stroud Ivory Stroud

Fresh Meat
She smirked, handing a polite nod in regards to Edaline Black, appreciative of her acknowledgement. She had led Kardek Alpha Kardek Alpha through the lounge and upstairs to where The Donna could be found with the intent of making introductions.

"
Donna," she began, indicating for Kardek to position himself to take a seat when offered, "I'd like to introduce Kardek, Kardek Alpha, a friend of ours who is looking for work.."

Out of eyesight of both Kardek and the droid, she would code-sign with both hands to The Donna, << "
Fresh meat, seems like a good fit" >>, to the pair it would look like she was simply repositioning her hands should they see.

"
Our friend is looking for somewhere to settle, away from the ravages of pirate society." she paused, now opting to let Kardek speak for himself as he could explain himself better. Marcella continued to hover around the table as introductions resumed.

Kardek Alpha

I’m Kardek, He’s Alpha
Marcella Fiora Marcella Fiora Ivory Stroud Ivory Stroud

Things were looking promising, despite his stumble earlier on regarding the misunderstanding with the Zeltron waiter. As he followed Marcella Fiora Marcella Fiora upstairs and into the private lounge, his eyes subtly scanned the place with intrigue.

As the woman in the booth came into view, Kardek's eyes widened and he mouthed the word "wow" to himself subtly. She was truly a remarkable creature… stunning, sophisticated… and while she came off as warm towards Marcella, there was an undeniable power and strength in everything she communicated, spoken or otherwise. He knew instantly that she was not someone that he wanted to mess with.

Kardek stood with his hands held behind his back and his stance spread wide, a rather confident yet respectable posture. His eyes were focused intently on the Donna, studying her as he developed his first impression of the leader of The Family. He listened quietly as the two of them talked, then nodded with a casual smile as Marcella motioned for him to share a bit more about himself. Now he needed to make his first impression on the boss, and he hoped it would be favorable.

"Yes… a pleasure to meet you, mam. I'm Kardek… He's Alpha…" He motioned with his head back at the IG-88 droid behind him, who suddenly whirred with delight at being the center of attention for a moment, his head bobbing up and down slightly. "And we are dependable, respectable, and really, really good at what we do." Kardek moved his hands and pulled back his jacket on both sides, revealing the two modified blasters strapped to his sides, "I'm a gunslinger by profession, as you can see, but I'm truly a jack of all trades. I've got myself a top-notch ship that can transport pretty much anything anywhere, whether legal or otherwise. And discretion is at the center of everything I do." He pulled the trench coat back over the blasters and crossed his arms in front of him. His eyes were fixed intently on the Donna, a look of confidence and resolution easily observable on his features. "It would be an honor to be of service to the Family... And I believe that I will be able to prove my worth to you… as well as my loyalty and dedication, mam." Kardek bowed his head respectfully towards the Donna.

Last edited:
Code Of Silence
Factory Judge
Marcella's code-sign seemed to assuage The Donna's immediate concern, and she relaxed. Clearly, the Made-Woman had prepared their visitor for the meeting... a pleasant surprise, indeed.

Ivory listened as Kardek introduced both himself & his droid companion, to-whom she nodded in greeting. An IG-88 Assassin droid was a dangerous adversary... but for some reason, this one seemed different. She couldn't quite place why. Black-gloved fingers drummed softly on the wooden table; a small grin curving one corner of her lip at an angle; luscious ruby lips pulled back from perfect teeth, lending a wolfish & animal look to her smile. She nodded thoughtfully... then reached out, indicating an offer for Kardek to take a seat across from her at the booth.

"Please, Kardek. Join me." She said. She shifted slightly, adjusting her hip to get a better look at the gunslinger... leaning forward slightly as she rested her elbows on the table and interlaced her fingers together.

"A gunslinger, a smuggler, and a pilot..." She said thoughtfully, peering at him with an unreadable expression. She needed all three... and if this rugged, mysterious stranger could provide more than that, she was certainly interested. "Marcy, dear. Please ask Phaelix to bring up drinks for the three of us. The good bourbon, please."

Then, she turned her attention back to the scoundrel as he took the offered seat.

"It's true that I am looking for beings with a penchant for discretion and loyalty; two very important traits in our particular line of work. Tell me, if you would... what brings you to Coruscant, and to our humble establishment? Did you seek us out directly, or were you... simply in the right place at the right time?"

Her tone seemed coy - almost playful. She either didn't know about the brief altercation downstairs, or she was playing a game.

Last edited:
4GO0IL2.png

Tag: Kardek Alpha Kardek Alpha , Ivory Stroud Ivory Stroud

Refreshments!
"Marcy, dear. Please ask Phaelix to bring up drinks for the three of us. The good bourbon, please."

Marcella handed a polite nod, "Donna." She was pleased that their first contact went well, in spite of their recent quarrel that had just occurred downstairs. Marcy' wandered off downstairs to meet with Phaelix to requisition some bourbon, she knew just
which ones she wanted to bring too.

OOC: Jumping back into the other thread for a post to get some drinks and to give you both a small window of privacy ^-^

Kardek Alpha

I’m Kardek, He’s Alpha
Ivory Stroud Ivory Stroud Marcella Fiora Marcella Fiora

Kardek slid into the offered seat and straightened his jacket as he motioned for Alpha to come closer with his head. In response, the IG-88 droid stepped over and stood by Kardek's side, looking inquisitively back and forth between the Donna and the gunslinger with a rather intrigued motion.

The man leaned back in the chair, tilting his head down a bit as he looked at Ivory Stroud Ivory Stroud and offered her a subtle smirk at the corner of his mouth as a way of expressing thanks for the invitation. He looked back towards Marcella Fiora Marcella Fiora as she left to get them drinks, doing his best to keep his gaze appropriate before turning back to the Donna.

He was quickly discovering, much to his delight, that the Family was filled to the brim with stunning and sophisticated women. In fact, he was beginning to feel a bit self-conscious regarding his own presentation. While being very clean and having his manscape trimmed precisely as always, his outfit did not scream "sophistication". But he concluded, with some internal humor admittedly, that the Donna surely made that dress look much sexier than he ever could. Kardek immediately forced himself to stop meditating on her dress as he was beginning to fantasize about what might be underneath it, shaking his head briefly and focusing in again on her words.

Her tone seemed almost playful as she presented the question, and Kardek found himself returning the expression, although he was in truth completely clueless as to the source of the playfulness. His mind raced through possibilities, including the tussle that had occurred downstairs, but ultimately he opted to keep it safe and just give her an honest response,

"I sought you out, mam." He said plainly as he brought his hands up onto the table and interlocked his fingers together, "Your reputation precedes you. And in fact it is your reputation that has drawn me to you."

Code Of Silence
Factory Judge
The Donna watched every subtle motion - every glance - every turn of the newcomer's eyes. She immediately recognized not just his glance at Marcella as she left them, but also how he looked at her. Ivory couldn't help but smirk. The man was clearly attractive, and attracted... if a little scruffy. Such a person could be easily manipulated... but it would seem Marcella already had that well in-hand. For the moment, she conveniently ignored the towering Assassin Droid standing near her table.

"I sought you out, mam." He said plainly as he brought his hands up onto the table and interlocked his fingers together, "Your reputation precedes you. And in fact it is your reputation that has drawn me to you."

"Is that so?" She asked, mirroring his demeanor & posture - interlacing her black-gloved fingers on the table. She cocked her head to the side, violet eyes bright & alert; meeting his eyes steadily without looking away. "I won't say I'm surprised. I work very hard to ensure The Family is regarded highly - not just on Coruscant, but elsewhere." Members of The Family were active on a number of worlds - Chandrila, Eliad, Denon, & Nar Shaddaa, specifically - and each with varying degrees of involvement by the Syndicate. It was highly likely that word of their operations & reputation for fairness, brutality, and class was beginning to reach other areas of the Galaxy.

"So, you came to Coruscant to seek us out. I admit, I haven't heard your name before... May I ask how we come so highly recommended?"

She leaned forward slightly, appearing entirely engaged in the conversation - an intrigued look on her face. The barest glimpse of her cleavage, highlighted by the glowing Kyber crystal dangling from its silver chain, was on display. A toothy grin blossomed on her lips - a wolfish, almost predatory smile. She was, in fact, testing him - to see how much information he would give, and where his eyes would go.

She didn't have any particular expectation, of course. She was merely curious just how much self-control he possessed.

A necessary trait, for members of The Family.

Kardek Alpha

I’m Kardek, He’s Alpha

Kardek smirked at her confession that she had never heard of him before. That wasn't surprising to him in the least. In fact, that was very much intentional on his part. He glanced over at Alpha with a slightly amused expression, as if finding a shared understanding with the droid, before he turning back to the Donna. "Like I said… I'm a man of discretion. I was self employed in my previous occupation, and my… activities… would have been jeopardized by a reputation of any kind. I've been flying under the radar for years…"

It was around this time that her adjustment in posture caught his attention, and for the briefest of moments, his eyes drifted downward as the Donna intentionally put more of herself on display for the gunslinger. Normally, such a shift would suggest interest from the woman... however, in this case, it caused Kardek to grow increasingly uncomfortable as he was not sure what was going on or what the intent of the Donna was. And he knew enough to know that she was not someone he should be terribly comfortable with. She was a powerful woman, and he was beginning to become increasingly concerned for his own safety.

His eyes locked back onto her own, and his shoulders seemed to tense slightly from an increase of stress as he uttered the safest comment possible to help explain the brief shift in his gaze, "…Thats a nice necklace you've got there… Kyber crystal I presume?" He leaned backwards away from the Donna, pulling his hands off the table and down into his lap as he continued to answer her question. It was apparent that a shift had happened in the Gunslinger based on his posture alone.

"I was working on Nar Shaddar a while back. I hired a crew of Merc's, Bounty Hunters, Smugglers… the usual… for a pet project of mine. Let's just say there were some on my crew that seemed to have a strong fear of the Family, and they were nervous that my project might not be viewed favorably in their sight…. Whether or not it was, I still don't know." Kardek furrowed his eyebrows at the Donna, beginning to wonder if she was playing him and was intending to have him killed. It wouldn't be the first time something like that had happened.

Only time would tell.

Last edited:
Code Of Silence
Factory Judge
Her visitor's explanation of his efforts to remain remain anonymous reminded Ivory of a recent conversation on a similar subject... a particular Crime Lord, also present on Coruscant, had once admitted he knew little of The Family, and this had pleased her to no end. Anonymity was a powerful ally... but so was Infamy. The Donna watched, amused, as Kardek's gaze shifted noticeably downward; her violet eyes twinkling with suppressed amusement as he pulled away from the table like she'd suddenly turned into a venomous serpent poised to strike.
"…Thats a nice necklace you've got there… Cyber crystal I presume?"

His uncomfortable posture nearly made her laugh, but she held it in successfully. His hands left the surface of the table & dropped into his lap, and the look on his face would have been comical if all the color hadn't suddenly drained out of it. With a slow, almost sensual breaking of eye-contact, she looked downward as-if realizing she had displayed too much, then set back slightly; caressing the small Kyber crystal with a black & white fingernail.

If he hadn't noticed before, Kardek Alpha Kardek Alpha could recognize what appeared to be black branches scrawled over a white background. The symbolism being, of course, the branches of The Family Tree.

"Mmm." She hummed thoughtfully, "Yes. You've got a good eye."

Zing.

"I was working on Nar Shaddar a while back. I hired a crew of Merc's, Bounty Hunters, Smugglers… the usual… for a pet project of mine. Let's just say there were some on my crew that seemed to have a strong fear of the Family, and they were nervous that my project might not be viewed favorably in their sight…. Whether or not it was, I still don't know."
"Our branch on Nar Shaddaa does possess a bit of a reputation for..." She wanted to say brutality, but that wouldn't have been fair. "Impatience. Try as I might, unfortunately, the Smuggler's Moon seems to bring out the worst in people. I hope that you find our operations on Coruscant much more agreeable."

She would have winked, but that might have made him run away entirely. Instead, she simply smiled - a measured, friendly, and hopefully welcoming one. She looked like she was about to say more, when suddenly the door to the private dining area opened, and Marcella Fiora Marcella Fiora reappeared - bearing a tray of drinks. Ivory could see down the hall directly to the door while Kardek had his back to it, but he could hear it open as well.

"Ah, and she returns!" A genuine smile blossomed on Ivory's ruby lips as she gave a soft, excited clap - the movement sudden & violent.

Kardek Alpha

I’m Kardek, He’s Alpha

He nodded professionally at her remark about the nature of Nar Shaddaa and the likelihood that Coruscant would carry a different vibe. Such was expected. Nar Shaddaa was a brutal place.

Being on edge, the sound of the door opening behind Kardek made him jolt his head quickly to the side in an attempt to get a visual on who was entering the room. Seeing that it was Marcella Fiora Marcella Fiora brought an immediate sense of relief as he was beginning to feel apprehensive about how this meeting with the Donna was progressing. Paranoia had been starting to set in, which was a natural product of his precarious occupation. But seeing that it was her was a good sign for the gunslinger that his life was not in danger.

The relief he felt was confronted suddenly by a loud clapping noise coming from the Donna, which caused the gunslinger to jump slightly in his chair as he turned back quickly in her direction, "Kriff!" He exclaimed with a bit of frustration as he let out a sigh, rubbing his forehead with his fingers as he tried to release the tension he was obviously carrying. He then started to laugh authentically at himself and shake his head with a bit of amusement at his own expense. "I could really use that drink right about now." He said as he brought his eyes back up to meet those of the Donna's, a rather apologetic expression on his face due to the fact that his hardened and steady exterior had been exposed.

Alpha bobbed his head up and down a bit, letting out a high-pitched whirr as he nudged Kardek's shoulder softly with his hand. Kardek immediately waved him off with an edge of embarrassment flashing in his cheeks, "Not now, buddy." He said softly. It was apparent that Alpha had communicated some kind of desire or need to the gunslinger.

X44PT3Y.png

'Glory-Box'​

Marcy' emerged through one of the doors, coming from the opposite way she left although this time with a bottle of bourbon and a number of glasses on a tray. She weaved through the private dining areas before reaching the pair, she had seen Kardek's attention snap to her, it seemed that he was on edge~ Marcy' couldn't help but grin slightly, knowing full well that Ivory was the cause of this.

As she arrived at the table she set the tray down, carrying three whiskey glasses containing neat Fiora Mogano Bourbon's, a very expensive selection that the lounge seemed to have a significant stock of. As she took the drinks off the tray, her eye twinkled at Ivory as if to let her know it was an 'Ivory Special'~ a concoction of bourbon, two ice cubes, an orange spritz and a dash of bitter.. At least Phaelix knew exactly what was in it.

She then put two more glasses of on-the-rocks bourbon on the table for Kardek and Marcy', "
Enjoy," she smirked, taking a seat at the table and putting the tray away, still trying to contain her grin. She noticed the droid tapping away at Kardek's shoulder, "Is the droid ok?"

Ivory Stroud Ivory Stroud , Kardek Alpha Kardek Alpha .

Code Of Silence
Factory Judge
It would seem the game she'd been playing had been a little too effective.

Though Marcella had played no part in The Donna's little scheme, her return managed to show a crack in Kardek's charismatic facade - a wide-eyed, momentarily fearful expression on the man's face proved in an instant that he was both genuinely living with a tenuous relationship to his own personal safety, and that he wasn't as in-control as he'd have Ivory believe. The Donna had nearly given the gunslinger whiplash with how quickly his head had spun around.

His curse, and the resulting laughter as he released some pent-up tension which had been building in his brow & shoulders, made Ivory almost laugh with him. She met his gaze, smiling as she relaxed as-well. Marcella joined them at the table and Ivory scooted over, reaching out to retrieve the glass containing her favorite cocktail. Marcy would be able to sit beside her, if she so-chose; face to face with Kardek.

The Donna turned to look at the droid as Kardek muttered, "Not now, buddy."

"What did he say?" She asked as she brought the drink toward her lips - sniffing lightly, picking up the delightful scent of smoked citrus & oak. She took a dainty sip, and as the concoction struck her tongue, every taste-bud in her mouth went wild.

The drink was perfect. Phaelix had, as expected, proven himself a Master of his Craft.

Marcella Fiora Marcella Fiora Kardek Alpha Kardek Alpha

Kardek Alpha

I’m Kardek, He’s Alpha

Kardek smiled at Marcella Fiora Marcella Fiora , but it almost came off as a painful wince as he took the offered bourbon and sipped at it. Upon her inquiry regarding Alpha, he nodded emphatically with a forced stoicism on his face, "Yeah, he's fine." Kardek stated as he quickly took another sip, prefering to try to move on from the moment as imminently as possible. He really wanted to ditch the cutesy and polite sips that he knew were more appropriate and simply down the entire glass, yet he withheld himself from such action.

His attention then turned towards Ivory Stroud Ivory Stroud as she asked him much more directly what Alpha had in fact said. Her directness caused a slight knot to form in his throat as he finally resigned himself to the fact that he would be unable to skirt around the revelation any longer. He cleared his throat with his hand balled into a fist in front of his mouth, then lowered it and looked rather calmly into Ivory's captivating eyes, and in a lowered and almost sultry tone, he began to speak…

"He wants to try on your hat, mam." While a smirk did its best to try to creep its way onto the corners of his lips, he kept it at bay, resulting in a presentation that implied that what he had said was surely the most normal and obvious thing that one would expect to hear in response to such a question.

But inside, Kardek was both laughing and crying at the same time. He took another cutesy sip of his bourbon as Alpha looked expectantly at the Donna, hoping beyond all hope that his innocent request might be granted.

X44PT3Y.png

'Glory-Box'​

She couldn't contain it now.. she moved over to sit next to the Donna, accepting the seat she offered~ Marcy' was trying everything to not laugh, taking sips of her bourbon and slyly covering her mouth with her hand. She elected to say nothing, desperately wanting to hear the answer as her eyes sharply flickered between the three.. I must know!

Code Of Silence
Factory Judge
"He wants to try on your hat, mam."

Ivory couldn't help herself. Genuine amusement crept over her face, and she looked up toward the IG-88 Droid who'd loomed conspicuiously over their meeting. Up until that moment, she hadn't seemed to pay the Assassin Droid much notice - mildly concerned that if it suddenly began to act either by direction from Kardek, or of its own accord, it could do significant damage before anyone could stop it.

Suddenly, however, Ivory wasn't feeling as threatened. In fact, she was surprised.

"Seriously...?" She muttered under her breath, suppressing a laugh as it bubbled up from within.

Then, to everyone's surprise, Ivory set her drink down atop the table, reached out, and retrieved her hat (which was still taking up a considerable area of the table). The Donna shifted her weight, rising to one knee on the bench cushion; reaching out with the hand holding her hat, she daintily placed it over Alpha's metallic domed skull. She treated the hat as-if it were a fragile relic - taking the utmost care in handling it.

The hat had only ever sat upon the heads of two people; one, Ivory's predecessor, the original Donna of The Family, and secondly, Ivory herself.

The black, wide-brimmed hat didn't quite fit perfectly... and one of the edges dropped down, covering a few of the droid's optical sensors... but otherwise, it fit the tall machine well.

Ivory sat back into the bench, beaming up at Alpha as she smoothed out her dress. Her full ruby lips peeled back in a genuine expression of joy, and she couldn't help but laugh - a musical, bright, happy sound. She found the sight entirely adorable.

Marcella Fiora Marcella Fiora Kardek Alpha Kardek Alpha

Kardek Alpha

I’m Kardek, He’s Alpha

Kardek turned a bit red from embarrassment as the Donna surprisingly granted Alpha's request, but he couldn't help but smile at the sight of his friend in that large, feminine hat.

Alpha whirred with delight and leaned forward with the Donna, holding very still as she placed the hat on his head. He then straightened himself upright as the hat dropped a bit on his head, pausing for a moment as a feeling of wonder and awe flooded his circuits as he imagined how truly beautiful he must look in this moment. And then he started to jabber to himself in a high-pitched tone and move his head and arms in a rather feminine fashion, with one hand coming up and carefully patting the brim of the hat as he slowly turned in a circle as if presenting his new found beauty to those at the table.

Kardek brought both elbows up onto the table and held his hands together in front of his face in a futile attempt to hide himself from the two women seated across from him. It was apparent that he was a bit embarrassed from the whole charade. "I think that's enough, buddy. Why don't you give the good lady back her hat now?"

Alpha paused, then curtsied in the Donnas direction, leaning forward and allowing for Ivory to remove it from his head. She had surely just made the droids day. Kardek, on the other had, was slightly mortified as he took a good drink from his glass. He chuckled and looked back at the Donna, "He's one of a kind." Kardek confessed with an edge of fondness for the droid.

Last edited:
X44PT3Y.png

'You Can Leave Your Hat On'​

Marcy' hid her huge grin behind her hands which were clasped together, resting on the table. This was the best thing she had ever seen.. She watched the motley pair exchange the hat and the wonderful sight of Kardek's droid in the Donna's hat was.. quite something.

After collecting herself, she set her cigarra tin on the table to offer them out, taking an Ivory out and lighting it up before taking a deep puff and sitting back in her chair as the droid handed the hat back, still grinning slightly. "
Aww," she mumbled behind her jovial smirk.

Code Of Silence
Factory Judge
"He's one of a kind." Kardek confessed with an edge of fondness for the droid.

The Donna grinned, eyes glistening with amusement as she repeated sitting up on one knee to reach over the table and accept her hat back from the Droid. She gingerly lifted it from the droid's metallic domed skull then rested it atop her own head - running a finger along the wide brim as she crooked it at an angle. "I can see that..." She responded, lifting her head to look from Kardek, to Alpha, then to Marcella, and back again.

The momentary lapse of professionalism seemed to fade, but she was at-ease. The wide-brimmed black head-covering concealed her features somewhat; but the smile on her lips & in her violet eyes was genuine. The Donna folded her fingers together on the top of the table, settling in to her seat as she went quiet for a moment. Inwardly, she weighed the events of the past few minutes & made a decision.

"Very well. I believe both yourself, and Alpha, would make fine additions to our collective." She cocked her head slightly, peering at Kardek Alpha Kardek Alpha with a mischievous grin. "For the time being, as Marcella was the one to bring you to me, she will be your point-of-contact... You'll be working directly with her, until such time that you've proven your capabilities." The Donna glanced to the side, looking at Marcella Fiora Marcella Fiora to ascertain if she was comfortable with this decision. Then, The Donna returned her gaze to the Mercenary seated across from her.

"Should you require anything; such as a place for you & Alpha to stay, a change of clothing, food or drink, you may speak with either Phaelix or Marcella & they'll make sure you're taken care of. I'd like to see you both back here tomorrow morning... we'll see if we can get you something to do."

She had a few jobs already in-mind... Nothing too heavy, of course - but something a gunslinger and an Assassin Droid partner might be the perfect choice for. There were a few individuals near the Uscru District which owed her Family some credits, and a little charm could go a long way.

It appeared as-if their meeting were coming to an end.

Last edited:

Kardek Alpha

I’m Kardek, He’s Alpha

The gunslinger tapped the tabletop lightly with two of his fingers, nodding with a muted smile as the Donna confirmed their entry into the Family. As Marcella Fiora Marcella Fiora was highlighted as being his contact, his eyes shifted in her direction, giving her a nod of understanding followed by another sip of his glass. His left hand reached over to her tin and selected the closest cigarra, which happened to be a Ruby variant. Ignorant of the differences between the offered selection, he casually pulled his lighter out and lit the end, placing it gently on his lips and pulling in a full drag. He then let it out slowly as he began to respond to Ivory Stroud Ivory Stroud .

"Yes mam. We won't let you down. I appreciate the hospitality." He did not need a place to stay as him and Alpha lived comfortably on his rebuilt starship, the Harbinger. It was suitably outfitted for their unique needs… needs that very few living souls were aware of. To most observers, it was assumed that Alpha was simply an assassin droid that was owned by the gunslinger. But the truth was much more nuanced and complex. In reality, the two of them were eternally tethered to each other until death, and their fates were bound together, for better or for worse.

He looked over at Alpha with a knowing grin, as if there was some kind of unspoken understanding that the two of them shared for a moment before he turned back towards the Donna, "Tomorrow morning. Bright and early. Sure thing."

At about this time, the effects of the Ruby cigarra were beginning to kick in… and the strong effect that Kardek began to experience caused him some significant confusion as he looked over at Marcella with a look of muted surprise and curiosity. "This a… Cigarra... packs quite a punch, doesn't it..."

X44PT3Y.png

'The Curse'​

"For the time being, as Marcella was the one to bring you to me, she will be your point-of-contact... You'll be working directly with her, until such time that you've proven your capabilities." The Donna glanced to the side, looking at @Marcella Fiora to ascertain if she was comfortable with this decision.

As she listened to the pair converse, the conversation suddenly turned to her~ she simply handed a polite nod to The Donna, acknowledging his appointment to her, no words were spoken. She continued to listen to the pair:

"This a… Cigarra... packs quite a punch, doesn't it..."

Marcy' had leant in on the table, resting her face on her hands as she watched Kardek pick and start smoking a Ruby cigarra. She did nothing as he lit the cigarra and took a puff, offering a raised eyebrow at his reaction. "I'd recommend that you spend the night downstairs.." she quipped, referring to 'The Sanctum' that sat below the lounge, hinting at the horrific aftermath of smoking the Ruby.

Ivory Stroud Ivory Stroud , Kardek Alpha Kardek Alpha

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom