Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Of Common Mandos (ME & CSA: PM to join)

Commenor Royal Palace
The Galaxy was a place of meetings. The rays of the sun meeting planets. Beings meeting their kin. A representative from one faction meeting with another. No matter the scale or the reasons, meetings were what pushed everything forward. Mandalore needed to move forward and raiding was not the solution now. She needed to reach out and make friends, no matter what her people might think. That meant diplomacy was needed and when the idea of diplomacy came up the name Commenor wasn't too far behind. The neutral planet had used it to grow into an alliance of systems that had ties to all of the most influencial players across the galaxy, both big and small.

The current Mand'alor, [member="Yasha Mantis"] , wanted for relations to open up between the Mandalorian Empire and the Commenor Systems Alliance. She knew how smart of a move that was with the faction being so close. It also helped that [member="Lady Kay"] , the Queen of Commenor, was Gray's sister and had helped with the charity auction hosted on the planet not long ago. Gray was asked to arrange a meeting, which was something he was perfectly fine with. It had been far, far too long since he had spoken with his sister, and he could use this as a chance to see her. Many things had happened after all for the both of them, and they needed to catch up. If they could use the chance to also benefit their people then all the better. That was the mentality Gray was taking into this at least. It was a family reunion first and a diplomatic meeting if possible.

Gray's ship had landed at the Raxis Embassy with his daughter Yasha, his love [member="Baiko no Kaho"] , and himself aboard. Once they were off, he had a message sent ahead to his sister Kay so she knew they were coming. Well she knew he was coming, but he purposefully left out the part about the Mand'alor and the sexiest echani-kiffar hybrid in the galaxy joining him. He knew just how much she loved surprises after all. Then they loaded up into a speeder and headed for the palace. Once they arrived, someone went to inform Kay her "guest" had arrived. It was impossible to say if they didn't mention the two women with him or if they did their duty to their Queen and let her know he wasn't alone. Either way, they just needed to wait to see where they were headed.

As they waited, Gray had an impish grin on his face. He was not wearing his clan armor. It could be seen as aggressive or intimidating and he wasn't here to do that. Instead he was in a nice set of clothing that Baiko had picked out for him. Being blind, he had no idea exactly what he was wearing though and just trusted she didn't make him look bad. His gray scarf covered in Mandalorian symbols was over his eyes as always. He was excited and a little nervous at meeting with Kay again. " So ladies, are you ready to meet with Kay? I hear you already have Songbird, but what about you Yasha? Are you excited at getting to meet your silly aunt Kay?" Oh yes this was going to be interesting.

Baiko had, with the dominion of an Echani Matron, put her foot firmly down. Her lover and new daughter were simply not appearing at the Commenori Royal Palace in armour.

The stare down between Baiko and Ambrose had been as epic as the gurlanin’s tail swiping between his legs when he relented. Family. The Mandalorians could dress like the rest of the universe for family.

Dressing [member="Gray Raxis"] in a dark grey suit with a silver pinstripe, and burgundy button down shirt, Baiko fussed with his lapels. He would be perfect. “I am more than ready to see Kay! She is simply lovely and I would see much more of her as time goes on.”

Once in the palace, Baiko fixed the back of Yasha’s dress, sticking a stray piece of Yasha’s raven hair back in the braided up do she wove, Baiko put her hand on Yasha’s cheek for a brief moment.

“[member="Lady Kay"] will like you, be the genuine, caring girl I know survived the armour.” Finished with Yasha’s sprucing up, Baiko took Gray’s arm and squeezed.

A chance to be outside of armour and Mandalore? If Ambrose and Baiko hadn’t come to blows, it wouldn’t have been as hilarious.

“Remind me never to get between Baiko and something she wants.” Yasha chuckled, picking out a soft blue and green dress of the latest Alderaani fashion. Floor length and flowing around her growing belly, Yasha was as unrecognizable as a Mandalorian as she was as a Noble when in armour. Ambrose may have snorted and snuffled, licking his bloody snout in his gurlanin form... but there was no mistaking the glee on Yasha's young face. Hugging an embroidered shawl around her shoulders, Yasha let Baiko fuss with her hair.

“Promise I won’t even put my feet on the table, Baiko. Cross my heart.” Yasha kept the posture of a trained ballerina, she would be respectable! She could be respectable.

“Excited? I’m standing in a Palace I’ve never seen before and I get to wear a dress. This is the best! Yes! Yes, I’m excited. What’s she like? How can I not offend her? Is there a secret code in case I mess up?” Yasha’s eyes refused to still, as the twenty year old searched every part of the Palace hall. The art, the marble, the touches of flowers and plant life...

... the young Mand’alor had never seen such a beautiful place. “Oh wow! Look at that sculpture, Baiko! It’s beautiful! Oh wow! Look! Look at the floor, it’s got colours in it!”

Mandalore was far from a place of art and beauty. The Netherworld, also, had little which could be deemed beautiful. As much as Baiko attempted to share a healthy education in the arts, there was so much Yasha missed. “Oh wow! Dad, can you smell those flowers?! They’re epic! I wonder if they’d grow on Mandalore? Oh my Manda!”

Skittering down the hall, Yasha searched the walls, looked at the architecture, trotting back on her heels to grab [member="Gray Raxis"]’ other arm and kiss his cheek.

“I didn’t know places could be so pretty!”

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
It came at a surprise to hear that [member="Gray Raxis"] was dropping by for a visit. Or maybe it wasn't. With [member="Baiko no Kaho"] dropping by for tea just after the auction, the message from Gray was almost half expected. Was she going to get a wedding invitation? Who knows? But they did have a lot of catching up to do.

Kay sat in one of her comfy chairs in her office, feet tucked underneath and a cup of tea cradled in her hands. [member="Veiere Arenais"] , her husband, was locked in a specialized cell in the catacombs of the Royal Palace. He had attacked a Temple on a world under her protection and due to pressure by her people, she had had him arrested. An investigation was underway and in time there would be a trial. But she wasn't do sure that she'd tell Gray anything about it. The whole situation was far too troubling.

A knock on the door broke her from her thoughts. Kay looked up to see Olivia, her assistant and Head of the House open the door and step in. "You're thinking about him again m'Lady, aren't you?"

"I can't help it, Olivia. I put him in there."

"Stop beating yourself up about it. He's a grown man and made his own decisions. The consequences are his to bear."

"Yes but, it still feels...like I betrayed him.."

"He'll understand. Now don't doddle on it any longer. Your friends are here."

Kay raised a brow. "Friends? I was just expecting Gray."

"Well he didn't come alone. I'll give you a moment to compose yourself, then I'll send them in."

"Alright, Olivia...Thank you." She got to her feet as her assistant left the room. After setting her tea cup down, shook herself in a bid to get rid of the stress, then rubbed her face a little. The last thing that she needed was frown lines. Happy thoughts. She just needed to think happy thoughts. Maybe put all of the focus on Gray snd whatever happened to him since she saw him soon after the trial in which Ra brought them all in and Gray had paid the price for the actions of another. That event had soured her perception of most Mandalorians since then. At least there were some good examples of them out there, though they were rare.

[member="Yasha Mantis"]

It was entertaining listening to Yasha react to everything. She was completely enthralled by the beauty of the palace, which he remembered it was from the last time he was here and could see things. As she went on about it, he leaned over and kissed Baiko on the cheek. A little affection for the woman who had raised his daughter and had made it her job to take care of him. Honestly, it was nice having someone to care for him that he couldn't just slip away from when he was in one of his moods to be alone. She certainly knew how to make that mood go away fast and turn into something more intimate. Not that he would say that in front of his daughter right now. On the way back certainly, but not while they were in the palace.

Eventually [member="Yasha Mantis"] slipped back to them and took hold of his free arm. Things were just too perfect for Gray right now. He had his daughter on one side of him and his love, [member="Baiko no Kaho"] , on the other. A true moment of familial bliss for him. He said as they neared the door, " You know honey that there is plenty of art on Mandalore as well. It doesn't get the attention it deserves, but our people are very artistic. Just look at all the armor we wear. Artistic and practical. Oh and when you see Kay please give her a big hug. She loves hugs." Should be an entertaining event. Kay did enjoy closeness from her family, but a big gorgodon hug from his tall, strong daughter was not something she was going to expect.

They eventually made it to the door. A woman announced their arrival then let them inside. [member="Lady Kay"] wasn't one for formalities unless they were needed, but he imagined she wanted a little extra time to prepare for more than just Gray having shown up. Keeping her on her toes was the Raxis family tradition after all. As Gray came in though, he had a big, warm smile on his face for her. " Kay! Lovely as always. You know the most beautiful Baiko. And this is my daughter Yasha. We are all so happy to be here with you today!" Never did miss a chance to compliment Baiko in front of others or in private or when she wasn't around. He really wasn't trying to win points so much as speak the truth, although he did enjoy the points it would score him with her.

“Gray, in public!” Baiko whispered with a throaty chuckle as his lips touched her cheek. His shoulder got a swat, seconds later the same fingers stopped to smooth out the edge of his jacket with care. [member="Gray Raxis"] opened a girl’s eyes to the cultures and experiences outside her cloistered world of war. Ironically, Gray was doing what Preliat always wanted: getting Yasha off Mandalore to see the outside Galaxy for what it was, and what Mandalore could be. A more pleasant smile was impossible dressing Baiko’s face. The trip as far as it had been was perfect, and the Atrisian had the highest of hopes for such in continuance.

“Decorum, Yasha. We are not a collection of backwater savages.” Baiko whispered good-naturedly in his ear. The peace she sensed filled the room, combining with the woman’s own sensation of gratitude for this gracious turn.

“[member="Lady Kay"], your majesty how are you, today?” Baiko dipped into a curtsey, letting Gray offer whatever handshake or hug was appropriate. While Lady Kay asked Baiko before to loosen up, now with Gray and Yasha around her, the woman appeared to be doing just that. Even her clothing was slightly looser, less courtly or regal, and more appropriate for the future wife of the Mand’alor’s father.

“May I present her Ladyship Yasha Ghada Nussyn Fitz-Kierke Mantis, Scion of House Fitz-Kierke of Atrisia, Mand’alor the Infernal of the Mandalorian Empire. Yasha, meet her Royal Majesty Queen Kay Arenais, High Queen of the Commenor Systems Alliance. There. Proper introductions have taken place and now we can perhaps have permission for a reduction of formalities?” Baiko winked at Kay, letting Yasha take the further lead.

Commenor was nothing like Mandalore. While the arts had their place in Mandalorian culture, usually wedged between armour design and the way a good firearm felt in one’s crush gaunts, it’s theatre, art, statuary and architecture were far more militant. Raised as she was, Yasha’s education was ill rounded in the arts… yet she would argue vehemently that dispatching an enemy was an art. [member="Gray Raxis"] had much to teach his daughter.

One had to know not only how to kill another being, but how to do it properly, with the most efficiency and least pain. It was only right, and it was an art. “Yes, but… oh look! I ah, mean… there’s this painting and it’s… oh wow!”

Yasha continued to trot around the hall, staring at the art and statuary in the Commenori Palace. “Look at that ceiling! It’s so high! How do they defend against structural damage, with the ceiling that far above them? Where are the guards? Where are the battlements? Are they hidden? Do they have hidden artillery positions behind the marble?”

The concept of a place of authority designed for anything but military defence was currently beyond the young Mand’alor. As Olivia brought them into [member="Lady Kay"]’s office, Yasha’s grin was that of a happily overwhelmed girl, not the morose warrior seen on the HoloNet fighting off attackers with her gregariously deadly war hammer and sword.

While 6’2” and built with the body of a warrior, Yasha was, at the end of all things, still a young adult learning how to exist in a world outside of the dead. When [member="Baiko no Kaho"] announced the connection between the Mand’alor and the Queen of Commenor, Yasha’s grin dimmed. She nodded her head and offered her hand for a companionate shake.

“Queen Kay, thank you for allowing me entry to your Castle. You have paintings on the wall that seem to speak of no martial victories. There was one, oh that one! Over there! It’s flowers! They’re amazing!” One hand on her baby bump, Yasha, if allowed, would shake Kay’s hand without thinking of her relative heightened Epicanthix strength to that of a human.

“Dad says you’re family… and told me you like big hugs. Is that part of the culture here? Big hugs, and art with no battlements?” Wonder, in the eyes of she who should have been a child.

Kay-Larr

Kay put on a smile as [member="Gray Raxis"] arrived with an almost theatrical flare. He was dressed in a suit which wasn't normal for the man that she once knew. But plenty had happened and life had changed for the both of them. "Good to see you too, Gray. It's been a long time."

Not far behind him was [member="Baiko no Kaho"] . Kay bowed her head to her, smirking ever so slightly at the formalities. But then again, it was all a part of Baiko's personality and she wasn't going get her to change that. It wasn't as though it was a bad habit.

Her eyes turned to [member="Yasha Mantis"] as she was presented. My, the woman was tall. And definitely pregnant. Kay offered her a polite smile, giving her hand a soft but firm shake that wasn't quite as strong as Yasha's. Given what part her history that she knew, it didn't come as too surprising that she was very strong.

Kay raised a brow as she was bombarded with a bunch of questions and observations. Martial victories? Flowers? Culture and battlements? Oh boy this was going to be quite the visit. She didn't quite know where to begin outside of glancing at Gray. No doubt he was quite amused with it all. Surely either himself or Baiko had told Yasha about Commenor? It seemed as though they hadn't. "Well...hugs are nice among family and friends. And we are not a world that finds itself in war. The Commenori stay home. It may be selfish, but they are needed to protect our home. Staying out of the Galaxy's conflicts have also kept us from being in anyone's crosshairs. We keep trade going and help out the economies of those that need it. To the eyes of most, we are far too small and insignificant to be worth anyone's time or effort." However her approach had done well to increase her influence, spreading it quietly in the unclaimed lands that were left in the wake of war. She had her own little Empire, and one that was only growing with time. "How was your trip here? Can I get you all anything? Tea? Water? Some food perhaps?"

A mixture of noise was coming from outside the room in the hall way and I did not sound like there was an assult happening. It sounded more like a man attempting to stop the course of another individal, and was not very successful in that aspect. The sound of a male voice was still growing and became voice understand able as they became closer to the door. "Sir, you cant-" There was a pause and more shuffle, "Sir, her majesty is busy with other business... Sir did you-""

As the man tried to finish his sentence, the door opened and a machanical voice broke through his attempts to speak. "Daniel, I just need to talk to Kay for a second, I have a flight leaving tonight and this is-" Jaster broke the view of the door and the three having a conversation about something and his glowing red eyes locked onto the Mandalorains who he offered his backing. He just stood there frozen with his hand of the door and the other holding medium size datapad. His right leg had already broken the barrier of the doorway and the other was left behind. "Important..."

He decided to follow through with his break in the meeting as he still needed to get a second from Kay. "Apologies for the intrusion Kay, as well for you Mand'alor, I hope you will allow me to take up a second of your time."

[member="Gray Raxis"] [member="Lady Kay"] [member="Yasha Mantis"] [member="Baiko no Kaho"]

As they entered, things went well. Both of the women that had come with Gray were getting along with his sister Kay and everything was pleasant. Not really a surprise considering how quickly [member="Lady Kay"] and [member="Baiko no Kaho"] were becoming friends. It was something that actually brought a peace to his heart. With the formalities over though, he walked over to his sister Kay and gave her a big hug. As he did he said, " There was some business that Yasha and Baiko wanted to talk about during the visit, so both something to drink and eat would be appreciated. I'll take some tea and we can catch up before or after it is all settled." After he let her go then headed over to take a seat on the couch. This meeting was still about getting connected back up with family for him, but the business of it was certainly important. He would give it that much respect, but he didn't plan to leave until he got to chat with Kay.

It was not long after this that a sound from the hallway caught Gray's attention. Sounds were something he was more sensitive to now. Seemed someone was here and servants were attempting to stop them. That was his guess anyways since he couldn't possibly make out any words through the doors and walls. He was proven correct though when [member="Jaster of Clan Awaud"] entered into the room. The word important came up, which peaked Gray's interest. There was two places in the galaxy currently that he cared about deeply. One was Mandalore and the other was Commenor now, so this little intrusion was worth hearing out. At least it was for him. The ladies in the room might have another opinion.

With a smile on his face, Gray said, " Jaster, Alor of Clan Awaud. Welcome. Why don't you join us and tell us all what this important business is? If it is something I can help with then I would be happy to offer it for a fellow Mandalorian." It was the honest truth for him. Jaster was willing to help rebuild Mandalore. Gray should be willing to help him in return. The simple fact he was vode was enough reason to help him though. Regardless, it was up to the ladies to agree or disagree with him now. Things could be about to get more interesting or troublesome depending on the news.

“It is a worthy strategy for those who are able to play within the pacifist’s arsenal. One leader in Mandalore's past attempted such a tactic... it did not bode well on Mandalore. Yet, Commenor is a separate place.” Baiko spoke to Yasha in the Epicanthix tongue, a moment to secure the emotions of the young leader, whose shoulders bore more tanks than galleries or works of art.

“Tea and a meal would be lovely, may I help in any way?” Baiko asked [member="Lady Kay"], just as the sounds from outside roared unmistakably in her ears. Seating herself beside [member="Gray Raxis"], Baiko startled when [member="Jaster of Clan Awaud"] burst into the room.

“Excuse you!” Stamping her foot in a clear displeasure of the roiled up protocols, she glared at Gray’s open allowance of something indecently rude! Ah! How terrible!

Still, it wasn’t the worst breach of protocol they’d dealt with lately, and it wouldn’t be the last. “Well! We shall need another cup for tea, will we not? Yasha, it’s alright.”

There was a strange ease to seeing [member="Gray Raxis"] and [member="Lady Kay"] hug. Mantis siblings did no such thing. Her father Preliat and Uncle Silas never hugged or showed such… open affection. They were quiet, brooding and proud. Preliat and Ra had been paternal and staunch on their lack of ‘coddling the girl’, so the more she saw Baiko ease and Gray act with open affection, the more Yasha wondered if the Mantis way was yet another form of armour one had to remove, when entering the house of aliit.

An exuberant smile on her face, she took Kay’s hand and pulled into a brisk, yet terribly awkward embrace. Did the girl know how to hug? Yasha Mantis had all the education and breeding of a noblewoman, whose family kept her reigned in and controlled. One who could have easily become a Voorpah on stilts, a caged creature married off for some form of political advantage and artful diplomatic necessity. The wars and experiences in chaos shifted her, yet like a spring sunflower the young Mand’alor had the ability to unfurl and search for the sunlight of a warm and rich family life.

“Baiko told me Commenor was peaceful, but I couldn’t believe it. I’ve never been outside a war zone in my life! Well, there was that year and a half when I was seven… but we stayed on Mandalore. Does conflict avoid you, then? How fantastic, it’s like a dream.” Far from the impervious mask of her leadership role, Yasha allowed herself to speak to her ‘aunt’. If Kay was family, then she would present herself as family.

“Our trip was uneventful… driving through your city was enjoyable… I love your gardens.”

The sounds echoing in the hall visibly tensed the young pregnant bride. Yasha snapped to a defensive stance, two beskads appearing from hidden folds in her dress. Her fingers wrapped around the hilts until her knuckles were white. [member="Jaster of Clan Awaud"] entered the room and for a brief second, the Mand’alor readied for an attack.

None came. Breath quickened by the intrusion, Yasha’s face became the mask of the unforgiving killer. “I almost killed you. Next time when someone cautions you of entering a space, perhaps hearing them out? What is it, Alor Awaud, that is of such import? You’re forgiven, by the way.”

The knives in her hands trembled minutely by the strength in which Yasha held them. Gray spoke of leniency and welcome, easing over what was the reaction of a being who spent most of her life fighting to survive.

“What Buir said…” Yasha’s arms lowered by a few inches, then a few more. It occurred to her that this was the first Mandalorian outside her immediate family to see her out of armour, and moreso, pregnant.

Kay-Larr

A hug from [member="Gray Raxis"] was unexpected, but not unwelcomed. She held onto him for a moment, wanting to tell him everything about [member="Veiere Arenais"] and the circumstances that led to his arrest. But she didn't. Now wasn't the time. And she was quite used to having to hold everything to herself now. The people that she usually confided in were gone. Even her bodyguard had taken a leave. Now she was finding it difficult to motivate herself to leave the Palace.

[member="Yasha Mantis"] hugged her then. It was awkward, especially as the young lady was pregnant, but Kay gave her back a gentle pat all the same. She then looked to [member="Baiko no Kaho"] as she offered to help with the refreshments. "There's plenty of tea and some small snacks there. I can get a proper meal prepared for us once--"

Her words were cut off as [member="Jaster of Clan Awaud"] walked in. The manner in which he said that it was important put her into an instant state of worry. Yasha was already on the defensive, bringing out hidden weapons. The last thing that she wanted was a fight to happen here over misunderstandings. Kay placed a gentle hand on Yasha's shoulder. "It's alright. He's a close friend and would never harm myself or my family." She stepped around Yasha and walked over to Jaster, her eyes speaking of the worry that she felt. "Where's Lori? Is she okay? Did something happen to her?"

The man had entered the room in possibly the worst time possible, but he himself deemed even a knife to his throat by the Mand'alor was worth this risk. A lot of things were falling in motion all at the same time currently so he could not follow all that protocol that just got in the way for the man. The Mandalorian stood like a statue without flinching when the young Mand'alor drew her weapons and readied for an attack. His glowing read eyes just locked on the women until she placed the weapons away. It was out of habit and as such he snapped out of is and continued to offer his apologies.

"Again I offer the pardons for the intrusions, I was only here to speak with Kay." He approached the seating area where they were all seated. He looked to [member="Gray Raxis"], who had offered his help, "It is much appreciated for your assistance and I was planning to meet with you on another day, but I have found a world that is in need of transformers, which leads me to why I am here..."

He stopped his train of conversation to look to [member="Yasha Mantis"], death was a close friend to him. As such the possibility of her attempt to kill him was something he though was interesting. "Death by your blade Hell Wolf would be an honor more then a punishment, but lets move on from flattering ma'am."

Just hearing Kay's worry for her daughter was nice to see, her daughter was doing well in training and finding many comrades along the way. "Lori is fine Kay, shes currently in fixing one of her practical jokes, shes starting to grow on me," The young devil had attempted to give Jaster a jolt by overpowering a terminal and shock him. She did not know however, was that Jasters power-suit came with its own power supply and overloaded the whole bridge. She was working on her mechanics ability to fix one of her jokes gone wrong. He lifted up the data pad however and stated their contents, "However, my visiting comes with both good and bad news, so I'll start off with the good new." He handed her the pad, "My negotiations with the Coalitions have gone through and as such Commenor now has the raw resources of the Unknown Region through the UTC as well as our resources in the Hutt Territories through my contacts through the Republic." Commenor was his second home, but it was also a great way to get goods to anywhere they needed to get to. At this point he looked to Gray again, "That means I can double my transport of the Base Elements and Energy needs of Mandalore Restoration at nearly half the price."

He squated down lower now that the good new was over. He would have to move to the bad news that he really needed to get an answer for. "Now for the bad new Kay, and its more of a request that your more then willing to decline." Later in the datapad was a proposal for Refugee Camps within Commenor. "The UTC has secretly been on Emergency Aid and Refugee runs in the Old Silver Territories, the problem is that all my Refugee Centers are running out of space, and Senator Dracks of the Republic is doing his best to create jobs and space for those fleeing the Sith Empire, but we have more fleeing then we can space, is it at all possible to transport those we pick up and bring them to Commenor Space and set up a refugee centers, my company would be willing to pay for the land and security as well as offer as many as we can jobs within the company, we just need a place to sort their needs until we can make the jobs."

[member="Baiko no Kaho"] [member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

Kay breathed a sigh of relief asshe heard that Lori was okay; and still continuing with her pranks. That was a good sign. It had meant that she was comfortable with [member="Jaster of Clan Awaud"] . She couldn't of asked for anything more.

Her brows furrowed as Jaster handed her the datapad, speaking of both good and bad news to come. First came the good news. At least his negotiations came through. "Nicely done. Although we aren't in dire need of resources, it is good to have some extra on hand, just in case. There are plenty out there that need them." Like Mandalore. But it seemed as though Jaster had already spoken to [member="Gray Raxis"] about it.

And now came the bad news. She scrolled through the pages on the datapad. Refugees. And lots of them. Kay looked up from the datapad. "Republic? It's been dead and gone for a long time, Jaster. They fell before the One Sith did and Commenor was liberated. Remember?" Maybe he had hit his head or something. Maybe one of Lori's pranks had gone too far that it had messed with his memories. Kay handed the datapad back to him. "The refugees can come here. There's plenty of space. Or if you'd like they can go to our moon Brelor. There isn't much there by the way of others living there. But it's ripe for agriculture with temperate tempuratures. Either is fine."

[member="Baiko no Kaho"] [member="Yasha Mantis"]

[member="Lady Kay"]’s hand touched Yasha’s shoulder and she flinched. Her neck muscles were tight as the cords on a suspension bridge, easing only lightly as Jaster and Gray eased the day. Baiko rose and put her hand on Yasha’s other shoulder, guiding her once-charge’s arm down. The Atrisian knew how difficult it had been to get Yasha out of her armour at all. Without it? The young woman had yet to experience a single day without real threat to her physical person. Still, this was a safe place. “He surprised me… I didn’t mean to offend you, Aunt Kay… sorry Baiko.”

A nod to [member="Jaster of Clan Awaud"] was all Yasha managed before the others got in on why he was there. Death by her hand an honour, eh? Pity the fact remained that death was always closer at Yasha’s hand than peace. Refugees from the Sith? What were the Lords of the Empire doing to the southern planets that required rescue?

“Appreciated, Alor Awaud. That is… excellent news of resources… how far are the Sith getting? Carnifex can be reasoned with, he does hear people out. What are the Sith doing which is so damaging?” Sliding her beskads back from whence they came, the young Mand’alor leaned against the nearest object, an armchair’s arm. “If you need security, Mandalore can provide troops to ensure your refugees reach safety unharmed… with permission of Commenor’s Queen, Mandalore can help. Awaud must mean the new Remnant that’s set up down southeast of us, Kay.”

The wide-eyed girl skipping down the halls after another painting was gone for the severe faced leader of clans. If the Sith were moving… who was next?

[member="Gray Raxis"] [member="Baiko no Kaho"]

Jaster was surprised that the Queen would only take the extra Supplies and stockpile them. Mandalore and several other worlds were in need of these Raw Materials and Food Goods that he brought from the Unknown Region and the rich fields of Teth. He brought the goods to Commenor for them to get the first pick however, the rest was placed on UTC Vessels and sent across the Galaxy. Yes he served Kay as best he could and offer her the best of his trade. Should the Trade Super Hyperlane be finished in time, it would be at the disposal of his allies. He bowed his head to [member="Lady Kay"] and the he gave a look of confusion, "Kay, the Galactic Republic Senate is rebuilding in the Outer Rim near the Hutt Territories, they have built a strong backing of Force Users and Military officials, even the Senate seems more competent the before," he thought to himself for a second, didn't Kay serve in the Senate before the Fall?, "I am in charge of rebuilding their army and invoking Law in the Hutt Territories, in exchange, they give me nearly all recourse and trade rights of their resource rich worlds, I am surprise you have not hear of them, Is everything Okay Kay?"

It was at this time that [member="Yasha Mantis"] had spoke up, it was true, the last attack that he was in was no armada. As such he knew it was not the full force of the Sith Empire. It was more of a raid then an invasion, that was why it was easy for his Transport Fleet with escort to escape before. "In truth Mand'alor, I know that the fleet that attacked my transports was not under the orders of Carnfex, it is rumored that in recent months he has lost his iron grip on the other Sith Lords and as such, they sneak away to conduct raids on the boarder planers and my company does extensive trading on the Mara Corridor, as such we always have ships in the area that will take on Refugees, as for protections, as long as the Main Sith Armada does not fall on us, my Defense Fleet is fine, as we always are just running from the fighting."

Kay-Larr

The Galactic Republic Senate? Kay's jaw clenched as [member="Jaster of Clan Awaud"] went on about them, although really she was just remembering her time in the Republic before it fell. She did what she could for it, and instead she was ignored, arrested, nearly executed and then fired from her seat. She was barred from serving in their government ever again.

The Republic fell soon after. And good riddance.

She didn't answer Jaster when he asked her if she was okay. She wanted to say that she wasn't, but instead just broke away from them to refresh her tea. Tea was her comfort, the only constant that soithed her.

Kay's eyes drifted to [member="Yasha Mantis"] as she mentioned Carnifex being reasoned with. It sounded almost as though she trusted the man. That was unfortunate.

"We're looking to expand to parts of the Mara Corridor to keep it safe from war. This will help to ensure the safety of trade. Yasha, your troops have permission to enter our borders to secure the safety of the refugees." Kay sipped her tea and sat down at her desk, pushing down the bad memories of the months of torture that she endured in the hands of the Zambranos as best as she could.

This meeting had become quite overwhelming, with so much that she didn't know that was happening elsewhere in the Galaxy. Her Ministers were elsewhere, her husband was in prison by her own orders, her children were away in seperate parts of the Galaxy for their protection, and her personal bodyguard and advisor had disappeared again. Without being able to delegate, she was handling everything on her own. It was all too much. She hoped that it wouldn't start to take it's toll.

[member="Gray Raxis"] [member="Baiko no Kaho"]

[member="Lady Kay"] was certainly not alright, and the Echani-Kiffar hazarded a few guesses as to why. News did have a tendency to travel, yet the lack of news was an even greater tell in some areas of a System’s life span.

[member="Jaster of Clan Awaud"] brought such bittersweet news, he could only be Mandalorian. Baiko’s mind instantly turned to how certain supplies and foodstuffs could be used for the Mandalorian relief effort, and combined with this sense of a new Republic.

Yet another one.

Looking to [member="Gray Raxis"], Baiko squeezed his hand for a moment. Roche was still a black mark on every Mandalorian who remembered the genocidal Republic, and consequent campaign. They wore the sounds of the screaming dead into battle yet. “I do hope your rebuild of the Republic military comes with a greater sense of tactics than its’ predecessors, eh, Alor Awaud?”

Standing to serve tea, Baiko kept moving throughout the room to distract those present from keeping their eyes too long on one or the other vulnerable parties standing. “So Carnifex is losing his grip? No wonder he continues to play pleasant music in Mand’alor’s ear, as if such things would help him, the villain. I consider it a mercy beyond mercies that Yasha is immune to his darker leanings, and the sensations the Sith bring with them as their clothing and cloaks. She has no fear of the Dark Side or the Force, as she has no sense within it… yet if these refugees need clearance and safety, we can see it done… with respect, of course, Kay.”

Straightening up again, Baiko smiled at the gathering. “Now! Shall we not sit down to some tea? The unpleasant business is concluded. Alor Awaud will continue his work, with both Mand’alor’s military support, and with the allowance of Commenor. Lovely… shall we not sit as friends for a few moments together? Let us speak of finer things. Of infants yet to be born, children being raised, weddings and family? Come. Come! I hope you do not consider me rude to request such a thing, Kay… eh, Gray? Yasha?”

Kay-Larr

Kay looked over to [member="Baiko no Kaho"] as she spoke. The woman knew a lot and was of a similar mind. That was good. It was also good to hear that [member="Yasha Mantis"] wasn't going to let herself be influenced by the Zambranos. Good. Just that alone gave her relief. It wasn't as though she hated the Sith, for she had some allies among them, but it didn't mean that she trusted them either. Of course there were plenty that she couldn't fully trust.

As Baiko suggested that the mood in the room lighten up to the talk of better things, Kay had to smile. She liked her. [member="Gray Raxis"] had chosen well; not that she had any say in the matter. But if Baiko was not a good person, then of course she'd speak up about it. Gray knew that as well as any. She got up from her desk and approached the group, no longer needing it to seperate her from them in a bid to protect herself. With her tea cupped in her hand, she sat in one of her comfy chairs. "Yes, weddings. Which will come first? Yasha's or yours?" Kay assumed that Gray and Baiko would have one too, of course.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom