Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Odds and Ends

Heart Breaker and Life Taker
1822dea27df8ebaa0881bc03641dc3b8.jpg

Current outfit

NastyRingedLark-max-1mb.gif

How long has it been since Hilal last slept?

Who knows? But it felt like she pulled an all nighter again. Here Hilal was eating potato chips and looking over her blueprints for her mech. It was damaged after the battle of R-Duba the shifter broke again and there has was a malfunction to the right blaster canon. Taking a sip of some blue milk, Hilal managed to slice in the computer mainframe and realized that her accelerator was leaking as well. "Damn!" Hilal sighed continued to screw some bolts with her wrench. Problem after problem, next time Hilal is going to have to replace the durasteel plating with some beskar.

Just then Hilal heard a jingle at the front door, causing her to drop her wrench. "Ah fuck!" she jumped off her Mech. "First customer, couldn't they wait until after I'm finished with my repairs."

Adjusting her hat, Hilal headed towards the front seeing a customer. "Welcome to the MEKA shop!" she said. "Where only the finest tools used to cause havoc and destruction are located here! My name is Hilal of clan Vizsla! How might I help today?"

Zet Reav Zet Reav

Hilal Vizsla Hilal Vizsla

temporaryb.png

Will never admit anything about that shot. It was pure luck and nothing else. A very massive dose of good luck against him made by some unknown figure, but that was it. Who was that anyway? Pirates? No, it was a single starfighter... A grudge? Perhaps not against him, but against his clan? Makes sense, yes... Well, whoever that was is now dead. And Zet is in need of proper repairs, more than what he can do with his limit materials aboard his ship.

A few questions asked and he is sent to a mechanic shop. A few more questions and a new shop is offered, hopefully a cheaper one. Zet is not poor, but he is not rich either. There's a fine line there, one he intends to keep from going red like his armor.

He tugs the cloak to cover him better, leaving only his helmet visible. Just a precaution in case there are more unknown grudges ready to jump at him. That dogfight was close to this planet and he'd rather not risk anything. With one last look around him he enters the mechanic shop and waits for the owner to show u-oH, that was fast.

The name makes him pause. Clan Vizsla. A powerful name. He was not told that... Maybe that's why he was sent there? Anyway. He gives a nod to the girl as he approaches.

"I need repairs." His voice is muffled by the helmet, but he clearly sounds young. A little arrogant, perhaps. "My ship was shot recently, and some of the weapons are damaged." In a massively shot out of luck, he almost adds, because Zet is way too skilled -and proud- to ever admit anything. "Can you repair them?"

Current outfit

A fellow Mandalorian not that it was a huge surprise, as after all this his the capital planet of the Enclave but his armor was different from the typical armors that Hilal has observed. It was a mixture of black and red cladded with a mixture of Beskar, armorweave, and Duroplast.... impressive. Hilal wondered how the Mandalorian managed to attain the Beskar needed to create his armor. Hilal had to sacrifice and narrowly escape death just to get her hands on the Beskar needed for her armor. "Sure! What kind of Starship you got?" Hilal asked smiling. "Where is it right now? At a spaceport or do you have a home where you have a landing pad installed?"

It had been a while since Hilal had repaired a ship, she was starting to get bored of implementing the same modifications to weapons. It was nice to mix it up every once in a while, be faced with a challenge. "And now I'm presented with one," she thought. "The damage is probably superficial though but it's better than him asking me to install a x2 scope on his Blaster Pistol."

Zet Reav Zet Reav

temporaryb.png

Nods. Good, that... went fast. The last mechanic Zet had to visit spent a good time talking and negotiating, just to spend a few minutes fixing what was a just small problem. Zet, or Z.T., is a great pilot but only an average mechanic. Not that he will ever admit it, he... needs assistance in some fields.

Scouting? Flying? Making a virus, medicine, put a band-aid on a wound or a specific tea for cough? He's your Arkanian. But fixing serious damage -or so he judges- to a ship? That... is a bit tricky.

"Spaceport." Is all he replies. He's been away from 'home' for a good while now, but there's no need for him to tell the tale of how his clan was killed against an enemy with superior firepower. It is too long of a story and he can't stop worrying about being hunted by some unknown enemy holding a grudge. He is a mercenary after all, and this is a profession with high capacity to start grudges. Chances are he is not being hunted, that it was just a single enemy taking his chances, but still he'd rather remain alert. The helmet stays on. "Here." Zet lifts one arm to use the holoprojector in his vambrace. A few taps on the controls and it shows an image of his ship. Interestingly enough, whenever he moves his gloved hands the pinky finger of each hand never moves.

It is an all blue hologram so the ship colors are...well, blue. "An old Gauntlet ship. This is from before it was shot, but the damage is here. It was a shot from behind while I was flying. Lucky shot.." The other hand points at the back laser canons. He rarely uses those, focusing on the frontal laser canons, but he'd rather not be sloppy and leave it as it is.

Since he is there he might ask her to install a scope in his rifle or something... Maybe, maybe.

Last edited:
Current outfit

Hilal raised an eyebrow. "Well which...." She was about to say until he showed Hilal the ship schematics from the Holoprojector on his vambrace. "A Gauntlet Ship," Hilal said squinting at the ship frowning. "You're right it's outdated and honestly I don't know I have the parts for some of the weapons."

The young woman placed her hands on her hips. "But," she said with a small smile on her face. "I won't know for sure until I actually go there and inspect the ship and have my Droid talk to your ship's computer."

Hilal smiled. "That's sucks your ship got shot unfortunately many ships are vulnerable from behind especially in the back quarter," she said. "It's why I usually recommend reinforced Durasteel, It may slow you down but you can tank more hits. If you don't want to spend extra credits, then I recommend a stronger deflector shield. I personally like the DSS-02 Deflector Shield, it's not fancy but it really does a great job of holding off missiles of all kinds! Your ship should be able to adapt to it if you allow me to replace it, I can do it at half price!"

She paused for a moment before heat quickly rushed to her cheeks. "Oh! I'm babbling again!" She said with a nervous chuckle. "Lead me to your ship and I'll survey the damage."

Zet Reav Zet Reav

temporaryb.png

Takes a bit of offense to his beloved ship being called old. Well, it IS old actually, but it performs well enough. Like an experienced race animal surrounded by newer racers. Right? Right? It is just a few years older, that's all. His clan used that model for raids, repairing and updating rather than getting new ships made. That same ship was very used in the past and Zet had it fixed for his own personal use. Kind of... explains why he was shot at? Hmmm...

... Perhaps it was just one lone, and lucky, pilot after all.

"The ship performs well." Usually he would end it at that and not revel his secrets. But this woman probably knows a lot about Gauntlet ships, given her work and heritage, and she will be working on his ship anyway... Hell, she might get to know the ship better than Zet himself. But the kitchen-medbay-laboratory will probably surprise her. That's an interesting though. "It has enough defenses, but I'm limited to the forward canons when I fly alone. So far I've had no issues, racing away from danger and maneuvering around what I could not race. So I'd rather not make it less agile. It is the bigger model of Gauntlet ships but it flies like a starfighter."

Maybe he should follow in the footsteps of the Arkanians. Maybe make a clone of himself for handling the other half of the ship... No, too troublesome. Maybe he just needs a good droid. Or more luck to avoid obviously-lucky-enemy-pilots. Hmmm. "Just the repairs. Luckily nothing else was shot." He comments when Hilal finally stops. His voice carries a certain tone now, he is impressed. She knows her work. Good.

She's also trying to sell him expensive things but, nobody's perfect.

"I'm Zet of the clan Reav by the way." He introduces himself as he turns to leave the shop. To the spaceport. It is close enough but Zet keeps his eyes open to the path as they walk. He's relaxed a bit but not entirely. He only truly relaxes when he's alone in his ship, feet up on the table, watching documentaries about 'mad science'. But is it really mad if it makes sense?

Current outfit

"A freighter but with the speed of a Starfighter eh?" Hilal gathered her toolbox and other items needed for repair while DVA popped up and eagerly looked at Hilal. "Come on buddy," Hilal smiled warmly at her Droid companion. "We're actually repairing a Starship now, gonna need to talk to the ship's computer."

Slinging the bag over her shoulder, Hilal motioned at Zet. "Lead the way," she said. "What kind of engines do you have by the way? With a fast ship, you gotta replace the factory engine with a modified one. Is it like some translight techn? I've heard it's different from regular hyperspeed that you create a wormhole of sorts. I've heard the Galactic Alliance is experimenting with tech like that, the ability to punch a hole by using high power cylic particle accelerators to create black holes. You can slip into a hole and slip doing minimum calculations and with less calculations the less chance that you will make a mistake and land like in front a giant asteroid or into a space faring creature like a Summa Verminoth.

DVA shocked Hilal's leg causing her to jump. "Hey!" Hilal growled before DVA began to beep. "Oh!" Hilal's cheeks began to turn red. "I'm sorry! I got a little too carried away! My Droid was reminding me to stop babbling! It's just that It's been a while since I've repaired a ship and I'm pretty excited!"

The young woman gulped. "Sorry." She said looking down on the ground.

Zet Reav Zet Reav

temporaryb.png

On one hand, the tiny bot was right, the girl was talking so much Zet could not speak. But on the other hand, there's something he definitely disagrees with. "Never..." He speaks, but never stops walking. "... apologize for being smart. This galaxy has too few individuals with a good brain between their ears. Be proud and brag about what you know." He glances down at the droid. Under the helmet Zet is frowning, unsure if he should thank the droid for this intervention or put it on time-out.

Droids are... tricky sometimes. He should buy an astromech for his ship. "As for your question... No. My ship is good, but I wish it was that good. My ship's engines are somewhat average. But they start-up fast." Sometimes Zet wishes he had a talent for machines. But he was born with a passion for organic matters. Genetics, medicine, science, whatever is the name, he loves to get his hands on it to... meddle around. Make drugs. Potions.

One of his dreams is to have a proper lab for all of his Mad-Science-Arkanian desires.

"That one." He is almost sad at reaching his ship, this trip by foot was remarcably short. Maybe because Hilal kept him distracted with her speech? He feels comfortable walking in this city so he doesn't mind. Perhaps he should visit more often. "Come on." Zet gestures and takes them to the corner of the hangar where his ship awaits. Perhaps not a rare model there, which is nice. "Right there." He points to the laser canons at the back, with a hole shot through them. By some miracle there was no hull breach.

Which just reinforces Zet's point that this was a pure lucky shot and he is a great pilot, yes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom