Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Oblivion Oblivion Event Q & A Thread

Q) Is this just like the other roleplay forum where faction threads are open to faction members, and "open" and "private" threads exist?

Q) Can anybody make a thread in the forum for their own story?

Vesta

V
  1. Is there a specific location (or locations) where it is suggested dead characters "start" or show up in a thread in?
  2. Do individual characters that are living need to, like, piggy-back off of a major faction's entry point to enter Chaos/the Netherworld?

1. Did I read the rules correctly that major factions chosing to engage in Oblivion map game get a free hex on the inside? If yes,
2. Is this the same hex as the gate we chose to start with?
And on an unrelated note 3. I see that hypergates are labeled with planet names, yet have distinct icons on the real space map. Are they actually planet bound, or are they floating in space?

Is it possible to dominion a hex that isn't fully covered by landmass? Obviously, island hopping this way doesn't work, that's what the hypergates are for, but for same-island expansion this can be relevant.

f9140670c27d5f29ae289c12a9e8f86a.png

Caen San Tekka

C
Question: I would like to have a small story involving discovering a 'wayfinder' device, of sorts, which can pinpoint Netherworld rifts (away from the hypergates); the rifts would be akin to small tears in space that are similar to unstable wormholes, which offer a smaller tunnel to get to the netherworld.

Is that possible?

1. Is there a specific location (or locations) where it is suggested dead characters "start" or show up in a thread in?
  2. Do individual characters that are living need to, like, piggy-back off of a major faction's entry point to enter Chaos/the Netherworld?

1. No. Imagination is key.

2. No. Those Majors don’t control the gates - Omni turned them on. “They’re being powered from the other side”. I imagine lots of people initially clamored around them, the brave junping in.

1. Did I read the rules correctly that major factions chosing to engage in Oblivion map game get a free hex on the inside? If yes,
2. Is this the same hex as the gate we chose to start with?
And on an unrelated note 3. I see that hypergates are labeled with planet names, yet have distinct icons on the real space map. Are they actually planet bound, or are they floating in space?

1. yea, they get the gate they choose.
2. Yarp.
3. Planet-bound, maybe space bound, maybe hanging in the atmosphere dipping their toes a lil bit.

Question: I would like to have a small story involving discovering a 'wayfinder' device, of sorts, which can pinpoint Netherworld rifts (away from the hypergates); the rifts would be akin to small tears in space that are similar to unstable wormholes, which offer a smaller tunnel to get to the netherworld.

Is that possible?

youll have to talk to the Factory but I don’t see why not

Shimrra Rin

S
Is Omni fiddling with the other old Rifts from mask of Madness - IE are there/could there be weird ghost bots coming from the old tears to cause havoc/is his presence causing regular ghosts to cause havoc from the old rifts?

Is Omni fiddling with the other old Rifts from mask of Madness - IE are there/could there be weird ghost bots coming from the old tears to cause havoc/is his presence causing regular ghosts to cause havoc from the old rifts?

The rifts were caused by Akala. They lead to the Netherworld.

Omni’s gates take you specifically to Oblivion - a realm the droid god has carved out of the Netherworld.

The Netherworld would be aware of Omni, but in my opinion, the nether is infinite - whereas Omni is breaking the rules by making Oblivion more tangible.

I have a writer wanting to know if they can jump in as an Omni drone before we reach 20 posts. Would I be correct in thinking that so long as they have our permission (which they do) they're allowed to do so?

Why are factions allowed to dominion before areas are even added to the map? Seems kinda odd, it doesn't effect me and mine, but it seems strange to have dominions up and running before there are even locations outside Hypergates.
shrug

I have a writer wanting to know if they can jump in as an Omni drone before we reach 20 posts. Would I be correct in thinking that so long as they have our permission (which they do) they're allowed to do so?

Of course, there's no issue there.

Why are factions allowed to dominion before areas are even added to the map? Seems kinda odd, it doesn't effect me and mine, but it seems strange to have dominions up and running before there are even locations outside Hypergates.
shrug

Map's the same size as the Galaxy map. From an administrative standpoint, there was no expectation we nor the community would generate enough locations to fill it. It was created under the preface that we could keep it beyond the Flashpoint, as that's what flashpoints are for: testing out new ideas in limited timeframes, to see how they spin.

So far, despite the lack of location density that the Galaxy Map has, I'm a big fan of how "different" it is while similar at the same time. But, we'll poll the community in August for how we felt about the map.

Lastly, if you want more locations... go sub some to the Codex! Be the change you wanna see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom