Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NPC Creation FAQ & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to create an NPC for training purposes, who will require some development threads to exist. Am I able to commence the training before the NPC is officially approved, as it contributes to his own development threads?

Auron Song said:
I want to create an NPC for training purposes, who will require some development threads to exist. Am I able to commence the training before the NPC is officially approved, as it contributes to his own development threads?
Development threads are not required.

Submitting to the Codex is optional.

If you wish to submit the NPC now, that's fine. If you wish to submit the NPC later along with some linked threads for posterity, that is also fine.

If you wish to never submit the NPC ever, that is fine as well (unless it's super overpowered and someone reports you for it, then it is no longer fine).

[member="Mahet"]

Thing is, this is an NPC I have already submitted in the past, which was Master level, and the resolution was a 50/60 post development would justify it, which is why I am asking this.

Auron Song said:
[member="Mahet"]

Thing is, this is an NPC I have already submitted in the past, which was Master level, and the resolution was a 50/60 post development would justify it, which is why I am asking this.
We do not require dev threads for anything in Codex anymore except for Force Nexus.

If we find your NPC to be OP, it will be balanced.

Dr.Terrani

c: Fake it 'til you make eet c:
This may or may not be a dumb question, but want to make sure I'm following the rules.
Sorry if it is!

I'm putting together a group of PC and NPC doctors for some medical RP and adventures.
As is the nature of practicing doctors, we will need patients. I'm sure that some PCs will be hurt and come across our doorstep, but is it alright to make wounded NPCs (probably mostly FO troopers) just in order to heal for RP sake?

I'm just asking because it there would potentially be a lot of 'em collectively, but most of the NPCs we would never see again.
Also, I don't see any point to flood the Codex with their entries if most of our NPCs would be short-lived in RP.

[member="Dr. Aes'ona Terrani"]

It is entirely okay to make wounded NPC's for one off RP's, if thats what you wish to do. I would keep in mind however that the Codex is entirely optional, and by no means would you be forced to create said NPC's if you don't want to.

I hope I helped!

Dr.Terrani

c: Fake it 'til you make eet c:
[member="The Slave"] That's everything I wanted to know! Thank you. :3

I do have plans to create 1, maybe 2, supporting characters and a rival doctor/nemesis that I'll likely end up creating to flesh out at some point.

CG-4287

"Brothers in arms are brothers for life!"
So if I want to create like a security group, Do I need to have NPC"s made first? Like if I wanted to make a Security Group with Jango Fett clones- Would I have to make a NPC for the clone(s) or since they're in lore would I just make the group and link the Jango Fett page for the clones?

Zeradias Mant

Democracy Dies in Darkness
[member="Farah"]

The NPC Group Template reads:
This template is NOT for factions, canon organizations, or groups that are or have been actively roleplayed by multiple PCs.
What it means by 'NOT for factions' is that actual factions (major, minor, or sub) should not be subbed using the Group template. Organizations within a faction are okay so long as they comply with the other guidelines set forth in the template and Codex rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom