Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Not So Pretty Now [GE Incursion]

kamino.jpg
Kamino
First, the calm.

A space station shaped like a wheel orbited Kamino, the one way past the shield that protected the Galactic Empire's throneworld. Anyone who wanted in needed clearance, needed the gate officer to create an entry in the shield that they could fly through to reach the surface.

Not a thing was out of place in the moment that changed. Ships came and left. Droids bustled to and fro across the space station as they attended to their various tasks. Cleaning. Tidying. Tending to the numerous sentient officers inside the gate. Protecting. These droids were diligent in their subservience - and they were everywhere. That was how it was. It was normal. Too easy.

Then for just a moment, the shield gate held its breath.

Nothing moved.

And not a thing was out of place after the moment it changed. That flicker of something unnatural was gone before anyone had time to notice, before anyone had time to panic. Every droid went from moving to frozen to moving again within less than a second. Every screen that had glitched blue as it loaded was working again in the blink of an eye. Everything was back to normal.

* * * * *​
"It's ready," a voice informed her.​
She didn't turn around. "Good. Initialize."​
A smile.​
Now the storm.​
* * * * *​
Diamond watched serenely as everything that had buried itself into the system burst through the surface all at once. It took only a few hours for the space station to fall; perhaps from within the shield gate it felt like longer. Irrelevant. They put up a good fight - the best they could - but it didn't matter. They were weak; amusingly so, as far as she was concerned. Everything inside the shield gate collapsed within a matter of hours.

This time it hadn't been so subtle. Taking down the gate had let a signal out, and it would be hard to miss once it reached the Galactic Empire. Diamond had a hunch that Imperial Command wouldn't be too thrilled to hear the news. In fact, she had a hunch that they would want to make their displeasure quite known.

But all the same, she was calm.

Tanomas Graf

T
"What is the status of Sector Group Unification?"

"The Pellaeon has completed its repairs but ships are still being produced and drafted from the different sectors of the Empire to replace those lost in the battle." Vice Admiral Solimar informed, stealing a glimpse of Rear Admirals Lannith and Durran. Three holograms representing the visage of each Imperial flag officer shone brightly in Grand Moff Graf's office in the reconstructed citadel.

Graf brought a crystal tumbler up to his lips, taking in the taste of fine brandy. "Very well. Alert me once the fleet is ready for another incursion into Silver Jedi space." He requested, receiving synchronous bows from the admirals. Almost at once the old man's holocommunicator began beeping madly, another person attempting to reach him.

The Grand Moff pressed down on one of the switches and a hologram of an Intelligence Overseer sprung to life. "Sir. COMPNOR recently detected a signal broadcasting towards Kamino, the same one that was detected during the uprising on Rishi almost a fortnight ago." She began, never breaking eye contact with him "But that isn't all. They've also lost contact with the shield gate station over the planet, remote access has also been severed."

Tanomas froze, this did not bode well for the security of the Imperial throneworld. "Relay this information to Rear Admiral Kalar immediately." He exclaimed, not waiting for any acknowledgment from the Intelligence officer before ending the call and activating another switch. A decorated novatrooper entered the room through the blast door and bowed at once "Sir?"

"Contact the High General and tell her to put the garrison on stand-by alert. We've lost contact with the shield station, an attack may be imminent."

"Right away, Sir."

[member="Diamond"] | [member="Adron Malvern"] | [member="Dominic Crowley"] | [member="Sara Lee Jones"] | [member="Ailuros"] | [member="Max Fel"] | [member="Aldrenek Valen"] | [member="Alema Valla"] | [member="Baron Morcus"] | [member="Kayrce"] | [member="NT-6922"]

Ailuros had been prowling the corridors of the star destroyer when her communicator went off. Stopping to listen to the call, the cat turned around and headed to where she knew she could find Tanomas Graf.

As fast as her feet could carry her, she felt he would be found in office and went there. Stepping to the side as a novatrooper exited the room and hurried in before the blastdoor closed behind her.

Giving him a perfect salute, Ailuros' ears weren't upright, but more spread out and her tail twitched slightly at the news they both had just heard.

"Grand Moff, what are our plans to counter this apparent attack?"

It was all she said and now waited on a reply from him. Her heart slow down to its normal pace as well as her breathing.

[member="Tanomas Graf"]

I am a son of the Mountain.
Allies: [member="Sara Lee Jones"] [member="Tanomas Graf"] [member="Ailuros"]
Objective: Prepare the Squadron

Dominic and his squadron had just spent the last twelve hours sitting in the cockpits of their TIE fighters, rotating out fighter defense duties. Minus a few minutes here and there to refuel the team had not had their feet on deck since the day before. With the new day coming to life the Squadron Leader was more than ready to bunk down for the night.

After prying himself out of his flight suit he made his way to his room, a long yawn escaping him. The rest of the team were likely doing similar routines, maybe some were pausing for breakfast or a quick trip to the refresher, but not Dominic. He had a mind for sleep and it would be fulfilled. He saw the door to his room and smiled softly at himself, knowing his bed would feel better than it ever did before.

"Man this is going to be nice. We have the next two days off t-"

"ALERT ALERT! ALL FIGHTER CREWS TO YOUR STATIONS! THIS IS NOT A DRILL!"

An alert called out over the barracks. Dominic was too tired to tell, but he was sure a single tear fell from his eye as he stared at his door.

"KARK!" He called out, kicking his door before running off to his Squadron's hangar. As he ran down the hall Dominic was met with Radar, a member of his squadron. The massive man seemed disheartened by the alert, even more so than Dominic was. "You gotta be kidding me, L.T."

"Stow it, let's just blast whatever the hell is making us stay up!" He tapped the comm device on the side of his ear as he called out over his Squadron's comm channel. "I know you heard that Phantom, let's go! I want us ready to go airborne in ten minutes!" He ordered.

Location-kamino mess hall
Allies-[member="Ailuros"] [member="Tanomas Graf"] [member="Dominic Crowley"]
Objective-vacuum food and go!

Sara didn't really need sleep much, unless she pulled a long shift for days, but usually a nap would suffice before she was alert and ready to go yet again.

However, the one thing she couldn't go without was food. Sure rations were great but she love a nice hot meal more then ever...then again being out of action for so long while freelancing a hot meal came every day at least...

She had just sat down and got her utensils out, she bareky got a bite into her mouth when she heard the alarm go off, she cursed abd like space sucjimg air out of a ship she sucked tgat food down left her tray and ran whike chewing

I'm on my -HIC- way

She cursed herself...and ran as she got to the hangar the entire way hiccuping as a result of eating way to fast...she was pretty embarrassed say the least

Allies: Galactic Empire

Max smirked as he placed his final card "Read it and weep. I bet you wish we played Corellian Gambit instead, huh?."

The betting tokens were redistributed to each of the players at the table. He wasn't quite in the mood to bet for real. Besides, getting to know some normal people for once was good enough.

"Alright, Max. If I beat you this round, and I will, you'll give the real amount. In full."

"Well-" alarms blared interrupting him. Personnel all over scrambled to their posts, but not before they had a quick glance to remember their cards.

A pilot fell behind with him "You coming?"

Max furrowed a brow "Like I would be allowed to fly in this." They began moving towards the hangar area.

"Didn't stop you going on a suicide mission in the First Order, did it?"

Smiling once more, he sprinted towards the fighters. Hesitating for a moment as he reached one, Max made sure he wasn't on-call for anything "Hang on."

"Hey, don't worry. Just will your position to me if you die. Your sector will be in great hands."

Shaking his head, Max raised his finger "Flight-sim record, buddy."

"I'll take that as a challenge."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom