Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non-Force User Artifacts?

Noah Corek

Cocked, Locked and a Smoking Barrel
Factory Judge
I've been thinking lately, that all the artifacts on the board are force-user items, why can't we have some items that weren't owned by force-users but still have a pretty nice value? Things like Han Solo's DL-44, Chewbacca's bowcaster, Mission Vao's vibroblade, Carth Onasi's blaster pistol, Boba Fett's EE-3, etc. Things like that, things that aren't as powerful but were used by important people throughout canon. Thoughts? Opinions?

There's never been a rule against it, but check the list of canon things that people own - it's elsewhere in factory discussion. That kind of thing is at the end and there's about four entries. It's not that it's wrong, it's just that nobody's been interested enough to put in the work to do it. *shrug*

Noah Corek

Factory Judge
[member="Darth Acarus"]
*facepalms*
No, things that important people throughout history have used that weren't force-users. Yes I know, they might not have as much lure as force relics, but wouldn't it be a nice status claim to say you had the blaster of Boba Fett, Carth Onasi or Han Solo?

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Completely achievable. Though their significance would be tied to legends and events that fell before the Gulag Plague. So not every character would understand the importance of these items. I doubt even the new Jedi Archives restored .01% of all that information.

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
Well one of the other things about it is... most weapons most personal weapons look like any other of its kind. There might be a small thing but without intimate knowledge or finding it with a certificate of authenticity saying it is this famous persons. Wouldn't be such a bad thing and cool to see.

The difference between force relics and what you're talking about is this: Force Relics are inherently useful, and there value comes from the varies abilities or knowledges they grant. What you're asking for is just antiquity. You're looking for an original automobile, while others looking for force relics are hoping to dig up Tesla's Death Ray.

Also you are WAAAAAAAAY over estimating the IC characters ability to recognize the significance of any item from an era 800 years ago. You're not going to gain any street cred by waddling around with a broken great sword once belonging to a fallen king in the crusades. If you can understand that.

I am now inspired to have Mrrew learn to use a bowcaster.

You have doomed people, [member="Noah Corek"].

You have doomed people.

(But yes, this would be an interesitng idea. I imagine most of those things would be either destroyed, or in a museum though... Chewbacca's bowcaster was probably destroyed when a MOON FELL ON HIM.)

Noah Corek

Factory Judge
[member="Jay Scott Clark"]
That's what would make this a great story line.

[member="Matsu Ike"]
Well there could be a lot of other ways to determine if the weapon was used by a famous person, like finding a Kiffar who can use that ability thingy...

[member="Fatty"]
Yeah well there are a lot of people unable to use force artifacts to their own gain, so collecting them is out of the question, besides if someone was to get their hands on a rare and famous weapon, you wouldn't go announcing it, that would just bring all kinds of unwanted attention down on you.

[member="Mrrew"]
The Gulag Plague basically meant the down spiral of society, meaning that a lot of these probably were stolen and sold to the black market. You do have a point about Chewbacca though, but I was using that as a example.

Good point, but if there was, say, an apocolypse on earth that fractioned the population and sent everyone into a frenzy, I don't know how many people would be robbing museums and selling hte artifacts. I mean woudl they eve be of any worth, if people thought the world (or galaxy) was ending, like I presume they did during the Gulag plague? Just a thought, I could be horribly wrong. In fac,t I hope I am, because i'd love to see this idea happen. :p

[member="Noah Corek"]

[member="Noah Corek"] You still can't ignore the fact that what you're looking for is in antiquity, and has no real value whatsoever in our time line. There weapons are typically not even that good! The only conceivable reason why you would have them is if you were a collector, and keeping them for display purposes.

And the people who look for force artifacts and gained them, DO in fact gain from them. Even if they can't use it directly, they can sell to someone who thinks they can. Antique weapons from historical figures would be worth a lot of doe though.

Also yeah, Chewwies bowcaster is totally destroyed. No chance of recovery.

Han Solo became something of a War Hero, and a famous figuire, he's probably still in history books now.... What ever happened to the milenium falcon? >_>

[member="Fatty"]

I'm not doubting it, I'm just saying in terms of combat these things are worthless.

If you could even confirm finding a standard gear item belonging to a historical figure like that, the only use to you would be to sell it to a museum. Otherwise its just a show item and taking a very backseat position in any given characters story.

There was a huge battle over one of Thrawn''s capital ships, on Chaos.

I bet if someon put the milenium falcon on auction here.... They'd get billions. xD
[member="Fatty"]

Noah Corek said:
The Gulag Plague basically meant the down spiral of society, meaning that a lot of these probably were stolen and sold to the black market. You do have a point about Chewbacca though, but I was using that as a example.
*Uneasily eyes black market control*

Noah Corek said:
Boba Fett's EE-3, etc. Things like that, things that aren't as powerful but were used by important people throughout canon. Thoughts? Opinions?
Wasn't this destroyed in Return of the Jedi right before he was Scarlacced? Anyways the problem with non-powerful items is that they aren't that famous or well known. It's like the President's pen. Or St. Andrew's knuckle bones for the 14th century version. You have it, it looks like the one in the picture of him, but how can you know for sure?

Also, Luke's X-wing popped up awhile back as a pure cannon, vanilla X-wing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom