Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Nobility In The Temple (NJO)

Kahlil_Div2.png

The New Jedi Order Temple of Coruscant.

Dominick stood outside it, smile and very much in awe of the tall standing building. He'd never been here before, or left Ukatis for that matter, so it truly was a marvel for him. Already his mind was running through the thoughts of the legendary Jedi, dressed in their armor or their gilded robes. He was here, of course, to speak with his sister. But that didn't mean he couldn't do a little sightseeing himself, right? Their father was likely going to be upset with him and give him quite the stern talking to when he returned,

But nothing ventured, nothing gained!

With a warm smile he walked right in, and immediately understood the concept of don't meet your heroes.

He stared at the few Jedi that walked by, dressed in their simplistic robes. No fanciful outfits, no glistening armor. None trying to actively spar with their lightsabers. It looked very much like a monk temple right now. Though, perhaps that was the point? Ah! His smile returned, lighting up his expression as he walked towards one of the Padawans. Clearly these weren't the Jedi of legend, but their squires!

"Excuse me, squire, might I speak with your master? I'm here on quite important business."

"My master?" The boy, very clearly confused, looked up at the rather ornately dressed noble. Then nodded once before scurrying off to find his master. Good. These squires at least knew importance.

When he returned with an elder woman dressed in a similar brown robe, such thoughts quickly faded. Dominick blinked, glancing from the boy to the woman, then back again.

"Forgive me, but I wished to speak with your Jedi master, not the master of cleaning. I do apologize if I wasn't clear."

He got quite the look from the woman, before she just smirked. The boy looked very confused, and very clearly worried, but she raised a hand to stop him from saying anything.

"Of course, sir. Just remain here, and I will make sure a proper Jedi master arrives to speak with you."

Dominic immediately brightened, bowed his head in thanks.

"Thank you, truly."

She dipped her head in turn, which was followed by the very confused Padawan, before she left him there, standing and waiting. And would for the foreseeable future. Dominic himself was none the wiser she was not going to return and found himself a spot to stand out of the way, smiling with the childlike eagerness at meeting the war heroes he heard so much about.

MOSHED-2022-8-22-21-2-43.jpg

Coruscant, Jedi Temple
Tags: Dominick von Ascania Dominick von Ascania

shield_core_divider.png

"Oh."

Jasper was brought some rather bizarre news. Someone was looking for a master. A master he was not, but Jasper was on the council. That was close enough, he reasoned. So off he went, composing himself in preparation to meet some strange new arrival to be met with a familiar face. A splitting image of Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania stood before him, as if she had magically shifted gender. A frown came to his face. His day just became complicated. She had informed him of various siblings, but a brother was not one he had been informed of.

But his aura in the force was unmistakably linked, even what he could faintly feel.

"Right then," Jasper sighed, clasping his hands together. "I... think I know why you are here."

His polite smile would return. He had no reason to believe that Cora's family had all been the source of her pain, only her father. The young man was likely here for answers. Unfortunately, none Jasper was qualified to provide. This was going to be a long day.

"Jasper Kai'el," he introduced. "I sit on the council. Uh, why don't you come with me. We'll talk over something to drink."

The knight had a feeling they had much to talk over.

Kahlil_Div2.png

A voice came from his side. Dominick didn't turn immediately, mostly to cap his own excitement at finally seeing a proper Jedi Master. It'd taken time, but he imagined it was so they could find someone of the impotence he stressed needing. It spoke highly of the Order! He straightened his jacket, fiddled with his sleeves, all to make sure he was presentable until he finally turned to face Master Kai'el with a warm, briming smile.

One that didn't falter, even as his hopes and dreams seemed to shatter at the sight of the man.

"Ah. Master Kai'el. It is a pleasure to meet you in your.. Relaxation clothes." That's what they had to be, right? Perhaps the Jedi were just keen on relaxation. He nodded once, though, his smile dipping a little at the urgency of the topic. So they already knew why he was here? Did that mean his father had already sent word and knew where he went? That would make the talking to that much sterner.

But not something he feared or worried about.

"Of course. Lead the way."

Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el

Coruscant, Jedi Temple
Tags: Dominick von Ascania Dominick von Ascania

shield_core_divider.png

"Ah. Master Kai'el. It is a pleasure to meet you in your.. Relaxation clothes."

"Relaxation?" he noted, tilting his head a little. "Oh, no, not quite. Just... work clothes. I'm not one for sitting around in the temple delegating. Field work is notoriously hostile."

He wasn't shocked. Cora was rather sheltered herself. He remembered earlier experiences with her where she turned her nose at rather unusual things due to dirt. High society was sort of beyond his understanding. Regardless, he would turn to lead the young man off to his allocated chambers. It was a glorified office. Jasper had never lived in a dorm the moment he could scavenge a ship of any kind, so his room had been left rather vacant for a long time. Especially during his exile. Now it was a simple office, with a coffee table and some chairs within.

Jasper would usher the von Ascania child to a seat, setting off to prepare something for them to drink. It was, of course, not tea. That wasn't his style. They seemed older than 18. An adult could drink something a bit more proper for longer discussion.

"Drink at all?" he asked? "I have a few bottles I've been hiding away for a while."

He wouldn't pressure him to though. Jasper would pour himself a glass of something sweet regardless, a berry wine that had been aged for ten years. It was a luxury bottle he had received as a gift during his relief work.

"I also have water if you prefer," Jasper noted.

He'd return to his seat, crossing his arms as he pondered on a course of action. Where did he even take this?

"So... Mr. von Ascania," he began, "I have... rather intimate knowledge of the situation you've come to learn about. Unfortunately, I'm afraid I can't divulge much. That's for Cora to tell. Your sister has been through a lot I'm sure your father withheld from you."

The man's expression would grow a little more serious. He wanted to see the young man's intentions. Jasper didn't want to just tell him everything, especially without the blessing of Cora.

"Why don't you tell me what you know?" the knight asked.

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Ah, yes. Work clothes. I can see how it would be.. Inspiring for the common folk to see you dressed so simply." It was a compliment. Dominick smiled warm and kind, very much thinking what he was saying was the nicest thing he'd ever said to anyone. Of course, it made sense, right? The common folk wouldn't understand the importance of decorum in the middle of a battle. Though, it wouldn't be too inspiring, would it?

Perhaps there was more of a balancing act than Dominick originally thought.

"The freshest Earl Silver you have would suffice. No sugar, but perhaps a dollop of cream, I don't see a reason not to treat myself on this bit of a vacation I've taken." He smiled warmly, taking his own seat as motioned to.

Though his smile did dim a little. Confusion, really, settled in it's place.

"There are rumors that Cora is, in fact, a murderer. I don't believe it. I wanted to speak with her and confirm that the von Ascania will not let such heinous slander go unpunished, and check on how she's doing after the tragic accident that took her dear husband's life. I know father wanted to give her space in her mourning, but I believe it is important that she knows her family will be there for her."

Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el

"...I can't stand any of it," Eloise was saying, balancing one leg on the rim of a fountain. She frowned when silence followed her lengthy speech. "Are you even listening?"

Albrecht von Duschendorff didn't respond. His wide eyes were fixed on something behind her. Eloise glanced over her shoulder, and saw... some guy. "What is it?" she demanded.

Gesturing for her to come closer, Albrecht whispered, "That's Lord Dominick von Ascania, the heir to all their holdings. He's Lady Corazona's brother."

"What's he doing here?" Eloise hissed, right as Jasper Kai'el arrived to speak to Dominick. Both strained to hear the conversation, then watched them depart.

"I don't know, but it's probably something to do with Corazona," Albrecht ducked his head. "I should go somewhere else until he leaves. I don't want him to see me."

"Why? Are you enemies?"

"No... and yes." Albrecht pursed his lips. "Remember when I told you that I was given to the old king as a hostage?"

"And he almost killed you because your father betrayed him, yeah."

"My father sided with the new king. The victorious king. But a breach of loyalty doesn't go unnoticed, or forgotten. My family have lived in the shadow of my father's betrayal ever since, viewed with suspicion by the other nobles until we can prove ourselves worthy of trust." He shook his head. "But that's not what I'm worried about."

"Then what is the big fething deal?" Eloise asked, growing impatient with all this useless backstory.

"Dominick is an innocent little lamb. Sweet, soft, and stupid. Very, very stupid. Wherever he goes, trouble is sure to follow." He got up and started speed-walking toward the nearest exit. "Unless you want to risk becoming a casualty of someone else's idiocy, I suggest you get out of here too."

Eloise shrugged and followed him out.

Coruscant, Jedi Temple
Tags: Dominick von Ascania Dominick von Ascania , Eloise Dinn Eloise Dinn

shield_core_divider.png

"The freshest Earl Silver you have would suffice. No sugar, but perhaps a dollop of cream, I don't see a reason not to treat myself on this bit of a vacation I've taken."

"Earl Silver?" Jasper echoed, seeming rather amused. "I'm afraid I don't carry that... but I have a local luxury brew from Lothal that you may enjoy."

He'd pass the young man a glass before listening to his story... and frowning deeper. It was so naïve and pure, yet so ultimately wrong. He felt sympathetic for the boy. He didn't know any better. Jasper would cross his arms, waiting for him to finish before speaking himself. The man would try to be as blunt as possible while remaining polite.

"You're correct that your sister is no murderer," he assured for starters. "But... she was forced to act in self-defensive capacity. Unfortunately that's all I feel I can tell without overstepping her boundaries. As for the intentions of your father, I am unsure. I don't know the man well more than what Cora has divulged to me, and it may be more complicated than you know. Sorry if that's vague, but I'd rather not disrespect the wishes of your sister. She's a very good friend of mine."

Jasper sighed, hanging his head a little. It was ultimately unsatisfying. He'd much rather tear down the curtain and expose the full truth for what it was, but he had respect for the young girl he had developed a somewhat brotherly disposition towards. It was not his place.

"It gladdens me to hear that you and your siblings are concerned," the knight noted, his smile returning. "I'm sure Cora will be warmed by such a gesture."

From there he'd shift. There was other things he wanted to know as well. Jasper was curious about the character of this wayward noble that had wound up behind his coffee table.

"Why don't you tell me about yourself?" he asked. "I always like to know a little more about the people who wind up in my office. I'm afraid it doesn't get much use."

Kahlil_Div2.png

"A.. Local luxury, mm?"

That was another term for commoner crafts, right? He dipped his head, nodding a little. He wouldn't be rude after all and turn down the offer from the Master Jedi here. The first sip did, in fact, confirm that it was not anything close to a good cup of fresh Earl Silver. He continued to sip at it regardless, small, gentle sips with the intent of not seeming rude. His kind smile, however, further dipped into the confusion that had shown before.

"You're right, Master Kai'el. That is incredibly vague."

Dominick set down his cup, clasping his hands together over his lap. Returned to the kind smile that he had before.

"If she had to defend herself, then I am glad she is here in safety. Perhaps that is why father seemed so uncomfortable when I asked him about the rumors. I will have to ask her the details, if she is willing to share." And to him, his mindset was that Corazona was the unfortunate victim of an assassination attempt now. It would explain why the crown prince was said to have been killed in an accident.

The truth of a successful assassination would only make the Crown look weak. No wonder Cora had come here rather than stayed home.

"Me? Oh, no. I'm far from an interesting subject. Not compared to my sister, anyway. The first of our family to become a Jedi. Royalty, even. All of us are so very proud of the person she's become."

Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el | Eloise Dinn Eloise Dinn

Ko was just getting back into the temple. Having spent a good chunk of the day working on a variation of Jonyna’s favored ‘DODGE’ training. But instead of a dozen remotes blasting him with high intensity. He was instead tasked with deftly making his way through the crowded coruscant streets without constantly bumping into people. Which considering he was still getting the hang of his force sight was fairly difficult. Where instead of the punishment for failure was the sting of the remote’s relentless assault, it was the embarrassment of bumping into trying to get from one place to another.

The padawan, being the polite and mild-mannered young man that he was, hated this new variation of Jonyna’s training. He’d much rather get peppered with mild blaster bolts than earn the scornful look of another Coruscanti commuter after bumping into them.

Forutantly now the training was over for today. Ko was currently dressed in his more utilitarian Jedi Jumpsuit. He was ready to change into something more comfortable but figured it would be a good idea to follow up with something he’d been meaning to. Ko was still concerned about Braze after the run-in they both had with the younger padawan’s mother. To the best of Ko’s knowledge he was aware that Jasper knows about it. But based his prior discussion with Braze, Ko just wanted to make sure they were confiding in their Master as well.

After a few wrong turns in the Temple’s halls Ko eventually made it to Council Member’s chamber. He got the vague idea that they were within their room thanks extra senses provided to him by The Force. But he sensed another, familiar signature as well. Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania ? He wondered if the posh young lady was here seeking council from Jasper. He didn’t think it would be anyone else. He recalled Ilo’s mention about being able to see through walls with their Foce Sight, but Ko had enough respect not to go scrying into other people’s personal space. Not that he even could yet anyways. The Kel Dor approached the door, gently clenched his clawed hand, and gave it a few knocks.

Coruscant, Jedi Temple
Tags: Dominick von Ascania Dominick von Ascania , Ko Vuto Ko Vuto , Eloise Dinn Eloise Dinn

shield_core_divider.png

"Me? Oh, no. I'm far from an interesting subject. Not compared to my sister, anyway. The first of our family to become a Jedi. Royalty, even. All of us are so very proud of the person she's become."

"Humble... but I know Cora," he noted. "My respect doesn't come from her achievements. Only the character of her actions."

Jasper gave a soft smile, standing as he tucked his arms behind his torso. Young, strong hearted, and extremely misguided. It was a product of his upbringing. That was sad, but he could only teach. Not lament on the past.

"What gives someone more value?" Jasper asked him. "A title of royalty or a good heart? That's rhetorical, but I'd like to offer my two cents on the matter." The knight picked up his glass, running his finger around the rim to make a soft hum. "A King may move a planet, but what is such a title to a galaxy of trillions? When looking for delegation, words of wisdom in times of peril, the rest of the galaxy will look to a senator. One could argue that such a thing gives the senator more value, many of whom come from humble beginnings... but I'd argue that things are far more complicated."

He'd take a sip of his glass, setting down the wine before turning to face the window. Coruscant alone had billions of lifeforms scurrying in it's depths, unconcerned with the whims of some noble family on a far off planet. It was only perspective that gave these things value.

"A king can be benevolent or a tyrant," he noted, "But a good heart crosses all boundaries. It's those people who will move the heart of the sky... though perhaps I just have an unusual perspective on all of this. I sit on a rather powerful body, one could argue, but I'm just a man. No more significant than any other. Regardless, I like to find the worth in all people as individuals. That means separating you as a person from your family."

The Kel Dor approached the door, gently clenched his clawed hand, and gave it a few knocks.

"Ah, I know that knock," Jasper reacted, grinning a little. "Perhaps it's best we shift our perspective. Our new arrival is much different than both you and myself."

The clawed hand of a Kel Dor, a knock he had heard before from a young Ko Vuto. He had been navigating a blind world recently, a perspective he knew was a challenging one from taking care of his brother. Regardless, he saw this as a rather interesting opportunity for Dominick to expand his horizons.

"You can come in, Ko."

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Master Kai'el."

Dominick spoke softly, but he wasn't heir to his family for nothing. The gentleness of his tone, the kindness of his eyes, they didn't stop him from looking regal as he sat calmly across from the Jedi Master. Rather, he seemed to straighten as if he was falling into a long practiced habit. He was, after all.

"I appreciate your insight, but there is a context you have already said you are not the one to divulge. Don't you think it's condescending to try and give a lecture to someone you cannot give all the information to?" It was good insight of course. Already Dominick's mind was trying to make sense of what he was suggesting or saying behind it all, but without all of the pieces, what was he to make of it?

A slight against his King? His family?

"That is a discussion we can continue when you are not the one holding all of the cards."

Then he stood, almost in time with the knock. An unconscious thing, capitalizing on the moment to end the discussion with a warmer smile.

"I will not interfere with your business, Master Jedi. You know this life far better since it is the one you've lived. Could you tell me where I might find my dear sister?"

Ko Vuto Ko Vuto | Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el

Tags: Dominick von Ascania Dominick von Ascania | Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el

Z9U36lL.png
Once Ko heard Jasper’s voice inviting him in, he opened the chamber door. He paid no attention to whatever was being discussed within the council member’s office. Stepping inside the Kel Dor gave a slight bow. “Sorry, I don’t mean to intrude on whatever you and Cora and be talking about…” Ko said, believing that the nobleman was his friend thanks to the familiar signature in The Force.

“I’ll try and be quick if you want. But Master Kai’el, I just wanted to ask and see if… hm, how should I put it… Braze has been keeping you in the loop, so to speak.” Ko seemed a bit nervous, partly because he didn’t actually know how to ask what he wanted to ask. As well as not wanting to be a bother for the Jedi knight and who he still thought was his fellow padawan. “Umm, Braze just seems to, trust me a lot to express himself towards… I guess I just feel a little worried that, as another padawan, it really isn’t my place to offer much in the way of guidance since I’m just a learner myself.”

Ko, ever the stickler for tradition and order, fear a little that he was overstepping his role as a padawan, and thinking that it should be Jasper that Braze confides in, or at least another knight rather than Ko. But also that Jasper would have better advice or wisdom to share with Braze than himself, they were his padawan after all. Still though, Ko was coming from a place of concern and care, not just trying to avoid what felt like some extra responsibility.

“A-And I can follow up later about this too if you want. If you two are busy.” The young Kel Dor added, not wanting to be in the way of whatever was going on before he knocked on the door.

Last edited:

Coruscant, Jedi Temple
Tags: Dominick von Ascania Dominick von Ascania , Ko Vuto Ko Vuto

shield_core_divider.png

"Huh?" Jasper reacted, looking on in confusion.

Lecture? Holding all the cards? He just wanted to know the young man's hobbies. Jasper was sort of caught off guard by how dense the noble really was, and pretty quickly he was asking about the whereabouts of his sister.

"Oh, I don't know," he shrugged. "I'm not at the temple enough. You're probably better off asking her teacher, Valery Noble Valery Noble . Now then..."

“A-And I can follow up later about this too if you want. If you two are busy.”

"No, no, I think we're wrapping up here," Jasper noted. "I'm... aware of Braze's situation, though he hasn't divulged much to me yet. I'm letting him work up to it."

The man would tilt his head, stepping forward and placing a hand on the young Kel Dor's shoulder, giving a concerned look his way. He had gone through a lot recently. Getting beat down on Ryloth, getting blinded by a toxin. There was clearly a lot that he needed to figure out. At least he had some actual guidance to give.

"More importantly, how are you?" he asked. "I have some... unique experience with your new condition on account of my younger brother. I can offer a training regiment to get you on the right track, at least while you recover."

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Master Noble, yes. I've heard of her."

Dominick smiled warmly again, dipping his head in thanks before just turning to leave right then and there. Whatever the two were going to talk about, he had the general sense it was something serious. And certainly not something that was his place to listen to as an outsider. Though he did pause in the doorway, mostly to ask a last little question in a hopes to not eavesdrop. He didn't want to be rude, after all.

"Is it alright if I have a look around while I'm here? I am very curious about the life my dear sister was living here. I won't keep you from your conversation, of course. It sounds.. Important." He wasn't sure what to say about it. A stranger named Braze having some sort of issue, the squire here having their own. They were awfully open about their people's problems among strangers. How odd.

Ko Vuto Ko Vuto | Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el

Tags: Dominick von Ascania Dominick von Ascania | Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el

Z9U36lL.png
The padawan nodded, Ko was glad to know that Jasper was at least aware of what had happened. Haven’t felt a little that him coming in like this would’ve been the first that the council member was hearing of it. He also didn’t imagine that Jasper would simply overlook it either. The Jedi Knight was being patient and letting Braze come to him when he was ready to.

At least this could put the Kel Dor at ease some, knowing that Jasper was aware and had their own approach to the situation. He sensed the movement coming his way, but still jumped the tiniest bit over Jasper putting a hand on his shoulder. Listening intently to the council member’s words. “I… I’m trying… It’s a struggle. One that I’m still trying to not let set me back.” Being blinded had begun to make Ko ‘see’ his own shortcomings as an aspiring Jedi. Learning that he had somewhat begun to use his more academic knowledge as a bit of a crutch. But now no amount of reading and study could really replace this new reliance he had on The Force to offer him sight. It was a new challenge for him.

At the mention of Jasper’s younger brother it made Ko recall the individual. He didn’t really know them, and didn’t know they were similarly blind. It seemed like there were more in the order with his condition than he’d initially imagined. “Really? I would be very grateful to Council Member Kai’el. Master Si is great and all, but she’s more of a ‘trial by fire’ kind of mentor. Something to help me ease into would be wonderful I believe.” Ko replied, trying to express his gratitude.

Then he heard the other one in the room. Someone who was, by the sound of their voice, most certainly not Cora. Ko was a little taken aback by that and wondering who this mystery individual was that he’d mistaken for his friend. Then they mentioned their “sister”. Which allowed Ko to connect some dots and deduce that this must’ve been a sibling of Cora’s. But… why did nobody correct him earlier?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom