Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private DODGE!

AllianceDiscordIcon2.png

After returning to Coruscant from Veradune, Jonyna had an idea. After their last training session, Jonyna had learned that Ko's biggest weakness was his trust in his force abilities. If that was his fighting style, then she figured the best course of action was to help him along with that.

She knew Giran used to use those little blaster bots for training, so why not start there? She set up in the training room of the temple, fiddling with the bot herself, with Dice's help. She certainly didn't have any idea how to do it, but if it could be done, she'd figure it out! (With Dice's help)

Ko Vuto Ko Vuto

shot2022-10-18_19-16-23.jpg.abc1f25b5d776937ef1918b1ded9e687.jpg

Tag: Jonyna Si Jonyna Si
Z9U36lL.png
From inside the cafeteria Ko was finishing up his ‘meal’ before he needed to head out for some training his master had in mind. With a final squeeze from his juice box he finished his liquid lunch and tossed it into the trash.

Making his way to the training room he wondered what Jonyna had in mind for training. He wasn’t really sure yet what the cathar woman saw in him. As he wasn’t particularly remarkable or had any affinity for any aspect of The Force or in combat. He was sorta just a generalist.

Soon enough Ko made it into the room Jonyna called for him to be. Stepping in he gave a respectful bow to the cathar woman. “Good Afternoon Master Si” Ko watched as she and her astromech messed with some kind of remote like the kind he trained with as a youngling. “Hello to you too, Dice.”

AllianceDiscordIcon2.png

"Ah! There you are!" She smiled as she stood up, holding the bot up. "Today I'm gonna teach you a very important lesson."

She smiled, staring awkwardly at the padawan for a moment, before kicking Dice awkwardly and whispering though her teeth.
"Dice do the thing..."

Dice beeped, causing the Remote to come to life, floating into the air. "That lesson is....DODGE!"

The remote fired a stun round at Ko Vuto Ko Vuto , as if on cue.

Z9U36lL.png
Ko gave his master a puzzled look as she awkwardly smiled at him. Wondering what Jonyna had in store for him. He watched the small remote raise up from the ground followed by the cathar woman explaining what the lesson plan was for today.

He gave a surprised look from the suddenness of initiating the training. After she spoke the remote suddenly blasted Ko with a stun round before he could even properly react. Knocking him back onto the ground and KOing the young Kel Dor. Only managing to unholster his lightsaber hilt into his hand before he fell to the floor.

AllianceDiscordIcon2.png

Jonyna let out a sigh as she walked over, twirling her hand as she gathered a bit of water from the surrounding air, just enough to splash Ko Vuto Ko Vuto awake again. This would take some trying. But she expected that, to an extent. No one gets it the first time. "Come on bud, you gotta dodge it, not try and deflect it."

Z9U36lL.png
Ko was suddenly snapped back to reality with the wet sensation of having a bunch of water suddenly splash onto his face. Laying there on the ground he looked up to see his master standing over him. He picked himself up some, whipping the water from his goggles.

She wanted him to specifically dodge the projectiles so he couldn’t even use his lightsaber to deflect them either. Ko looked down at his weapon which he still had in his hand before clipping it back to his belt. Taking a deep breath he looked at Jonyna and nodded. “I understand…” Now that he had a better idea of what to do he figured he’d have a better chance now.

To him it made a bit of sense, if he could dodge a projectile, which took more moment and energy, he could surely block one or even redirect it. Perhaps this was some method to throw her padawan into the deep end and make things more difficult for him to make everything else easier in the future. It was either that or he was giving the cathar woman too much credit in her curriculum.

AllianceDiscordIcon2.png

Jonyna nodded, helping the boy up with a helpful claw, before shooting him a thumbs up. "Alright, let's reset then. Dice, set it to that setting we had it at and let's try this one more time."

Dice beeped, the remote coming back to life as Jonyna walked to the side, allowing Ko Vuto Ko Vuto the chance to go again.

And once more, the stun bolt fired off.

Z9U36lL.png
With a bit of warning now Ko was able to do what was asked of him. Ready and on his feet he leaned and rotated his body to the side. Avoiding the first stun round from the remote like he was supposed to. With a mix of his extra sensory organs and The Force Ko was able to keep it up decently well. Moving his body as needed to remove himself from the trajectory of the projectiles.

In the back of Ko’s mind he was wondering that this training wasn’t just going to be him dealing with one simple remote. Figuring that Jonyna would have some more tricks up her sleeve soon enough.

AllianceDiscordIcon2.png

Jonyna let the remote run for quite a while, allowing Ko Vuto Ko Vuto to gain a bit of muscle memory. She wanted the boy to improve, not simply throw him to the Rancor just yet. But after a few minutes, she let Dice turn the remote off. "Alright, take a breather. Then we're gonna be ramping it up."

Jonyna took a seat at the edge of the training room, sitting down and opening a small cooler she had set up before. "Hope you don't mind me going a bit unorthodox with my training. I got a few ideas after this one."

Z9U36lL.png
Ko merely bent his neck to the side as he avoided the last shot from the remote before it was deactivated. His breather had become a bit labored as it was a bit of a work out for his cardio. But he imagined it was only going to get more intense. Looking back at his Master Ko simply nodded before following her to the edge of the room.

The young Kel Dor simply shook his head to her. “No, not at all. It’s a good change of pace I think from what I was used to before. Since I didn't get the same kind of one-on-one training as my peers, I simply just ended up studying more.” He said, explaining some of the reasoning behind his more book smart nature compared quite a few of the other padawans in the order. What he lacked in more practical training he made up for in knowledge and technical knowhow. “I appreciate your training Master Si, it helps to balance out my skills, and make me more well rounded I believe.” Ko added.

AllianceDiscordIcon2.png

"That's the plan." Jonyna chuckled, chugging a water bottle entirely in one go, then crushing it in her claws. "I've always said that a well rounded fighter is a better fighter." Her tone got more serious all of a sudden. "You and me both know war is coming once more soon. I wanna make sure you're ready for that."

Z9U36lL.png
Hearing his master’s words Ko telekinetically summoned one of the cool water bottles into his clawed hand before drinking from it. The young Kel Dor understood what she was saying and nodded her head. “I’ve been very fortunate to live most of my life in relative peace. It’s always been that my heart goes out to those who haven’t been as lucky. Even for my other padawan peers.

His training under Jonyna had been tough, but certainly valuable. Already Ko could make out tangible things. “Whatever may happen next, I just hope that I can make you proud and honor your teachings Master Si.” With that in mind it made today’s lesson more obvious to Ko. She was preparing him for war.

AllianceDiscordIcon2.png

"I hope so too." She smiled, looking a little proud. Only time would tell if he could, but she was gonna do her best to make sure he was ready. "Alright, get up. It's time for round two. This time, I don't care how you defend. Dodge, deflect, whatever. You just can't attack."

Z9U36lL.png
With that Ko readied himself once more for training. Hearing his master’s words he ignited his lightsaber. Understanding that he could basically do anything to avoid being hit now. Just that he wasn’t going to be able to retaliate. He imagined that because he was going to be able to use his lightsaber to help defend himself that she was going to use more remotes or make the current one they were using more difficult to train against. Nonetheless he believed he was ready for whatever was next.

AllianceDiscordIcon2.png

Jonyna watched her padawan ready himself, looking to Dice. Nodding to the droid, the droid beeped, activating nine new remotes, the balls swirling around Ko Vuto Ko Vuto before opening fire. It was only low power stun rounds, the equivalent of small shocks, but she figured it would be an incentive enough for training.

The Cathar considered if this was too hard too soon. But like her mother, she believed in training being hard and fast. She had him in no real danger, but this was enough to make him go through the paces.

Z9U36lL.png
Ko had been expecting about 2 or 3 extra remotes. But not ten times more of them. Under his mask Ko was rather shocked looking but didn’t let himself hesitate and got cold feet. Quickly trying to get some movement and momentum with his foot work. Initially he managed to narrowly dodge and deflect some of the low energy bolts.

But eventually he was stung by the practice bolts. Then again and again as he continued getting overwhelmed by the sheer volume of incoming fire from various awkward angles of attack. It was one thing if they were all droids standing around him. But the remotes could fire from higher above and below while zipping around Ko. It was frustrating and each stinging hit made it harder to concentrate.

“Ow!” He exclaimed once more after getting hit again. Ko gripped his lightsaber tightly. It was more annoying since he couldn’t really fight back. If he could knock them out it would make it less difficult as there would be less incoming fire. Eventually though, through the hectic onslaught of fire from the remotes an idea flashed within the padawan’s mind. He began moving his body more, almost like he was running away from the remotes. But he was simply trying to manage the threat better. Making it so that the remotes couldn’t surround and bombard him from so many angles of attack. Instead keeping them all in one direction as he ran around the training room. The floating swarm of ten remotes followed behind him as he suddenly found it much easier to dodge and deflect the incoming bolts now that he was no longer constantly being flanked. Ko hoped that Jonyna would like his new strategy.

AllianceDiscordIcon2.png

Jonyna watched with a hint of pride as her padawan managed the remotes with a bit of grace and strategy. She considered if this was a bit too much for him for a moment, but as soon as he was managing them more thoroughly, she looked impressed. Managing multiple enemies was something he'd have to learn, and now was the time for that. A place for him to learn the hard way, that a real opponent wouldn't ever give him the easy way.

The remotes swirled, fighting off in sequence to try and put Ko Vuto Ko Vuto once again on the backfoot.

Z9U36lL.png
Ko wanted to use The Force to telekinetically manipulate the remotes and knock them away. But in his mind he considered that an attack so he refrained from doing that to defend himself. Instead the Kel Dor was deftly maneuvering himself. Ducking and weaving out of the way of the bolts where he could and blocking anything else. Even employing some fluid acrobatics. Keeping himself moving in what was essentially a roving retreat to keep the remotes in one direction.

He was doing pretty well until one of the bolts hit him in the leg and caused him to trip and fall some. Tumbling against the hard floor of the training room. But he still tried to keep at it, and not give up. Another volley of bolts came his way after he fell. Avoiding them by quickly rolling away and performing a kick up to get back onto his feet. But now the remotes had circled back around him and covered every angle of attack.

However, Ko didn’t allow himself to panic. Utilizing his precognitive abilities as a Force Adept in tandem with his heightened reflexes as a Kel Dor, the padawan twirls his lightsaber to block much of the incoming fire. Practically orbiting the green energy blade around him to intercept most of it just in time. Others he couldn’t were barely avoided with the tilt of his neck, turn of his hips, or the shifting of his legs. Achieving a very defensive state of flow. Even while being flanked. If only he had another lightsaber it wouldn’t be so draining on his stamina. He could feel this wasn’t sustainable.

Last edited:
AllianceDiscordIcon2.png

As soon as she could tell Ko Vuto Ko Vuto was starting to slow down, she gestured to Dice to shut off the remotes.

"You're doing pretty good." Jonyna nodded. "Alright then, next goal is five minutes." She said with a smile on her face. "If you can last that long, we'll bump it up to seven. then ten. Sound good?"

Z9U36lL.png
The padawan was rather thankful the moment that Jonyna had the remotes cease their assault on him. He dropped his guard and deactivated his lightsaber. Catching his breath through his antiox mask. Listening the best he could to his master’s words. Looking up to Jonyna, he heard her praise and saw her smile which filled Ko with encouragement.

He was a little worried that he didn’t perform as well as she would’ve liked. But it seemed like that wasn’t the case. Straightening his posture he nodded and gave a thumbs up. “Yeah that sounds like a good plan. Seems like a lot, but I think I can do it." Ko said with a positive tone. Not wanting to feel or be discouraged.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom