Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No Sacrifice, No Victory (OS Dominion of Fresia)

[member="Sage Bane"] [member="Pappy"]

OBJECTIVE RTS Simulator 2015
LOCATION Fringe of Capital
[4|20] ayy lmao

Jayce felt like a conductor. His zone of influence was moving steadily, picking up and dropping off squads of soldiers in different positions throughout the streets. Periodically, Jayce stood still to reach out further, just a little each time, to pull more troops into his gravitational pull where he could easily reach them. With Jayce at its centre, the revolving maelstrom of Sith military swept through the streets, the Acolyte directing them around and behind or up and above terrorist resistance and crushing them, extinguishing their control as he arched to the southeast of his Master's forward position, swivelling back and forth to his sides.

He paid little attention to his master, in truth he didn't have to, he could track the other Sith with easy simply from the Dark Side energy radiating through the force as he cut his bloody swathe. Judging by the tight lines of soldiers that pressed onwards, unopposed in his wake, Jayce was certain that Sage was perfectly capable of slaughtering everything in his way for now. Jayce couldn't help but wonder if Sage was putting on some kind of show to draw someone out, or whether he really relished in that horrific carnage.

"Unit One, breach the south wall,"

Explosives chimed somewhere in the distance and the ensuing dust cloud ignited a panic in the local militia. Stampeding forwards, the group turned into a side street, breaking into two groups and retreating through two adjacent alleyways.

"Units Four and Two, engage the militia in the plaza, press them North,"

The radio static hissed and the commander nodded once, gesturing forward with his hand. At once, the two formations of Sith soldiers fanned outwards in an arc, taking position in the terrain. The militia here were more prepared and for a moment there was silence, each man drawing breath and aiming down the barrel of his weapon. Then came the drums. Blaster fire ruptured the plaza, Sith soldiers raining down fire into the terrain surrounding the militia's position, whose soldiers weaved towards the north end of the plaza and began to return fire.

One heart lost, ours. Two, theirs. Three, ours. Four, ours.

The upper hand in advanced positioning was helping the militia but they could only withstand so long under the threat of Sith explosives, which inevitably drove them crashing from the plaza into the labyrinth of streets. The Sith pressed onwards in their wake, firing guns at shadows as they turned left to right through a dizzying array of foreign streets.

The militia darted and manoeuvred skilfully through their home ground for several minutes, the constant shriek of blaster fire striking behind them. The tight streets opened up all at once to a large, clear, landing platform nestled at the back end of a corporate loading dock. The militia from the plaza arrived first, spilling out onto the landing area before, only seconds later, their comrades emerged from the alleys a ways down from where they had entered. Their eyes narrowed at one another, taking stock of each other.

"Units Three, Five and Six, execute them,"

By the time the militia noticed the gunfire at their backs had stopped, it was too late. Rifles poked out from the second storey windows overlooking the landing pad. At once, dozens of fingers pressed down triggers, illuminating the bloody courtyard as the writhing nest of enemy heartbeats ceased to beat all in rapid succession.

A familiar voice broke Jayce's concentration, it was his Master's. He spoke of the Incom facilities to the north west and something about foes who were Force Dead. Jayce had a vague understanding of what that meant and common sense seemed to easily fill in the blanks. At the sound of his Master's orders, Jayce's course diverted in the opposite direction and he began to arc back around the western side of his Master's position, approaching the facilities and leaving squads of Sith in his wake who took up positions to retain the Sith military's advancing front.

Jayce's zone of control approached the area surrounding the Incom facility cautiously. The Acolyte took care to remain as close to the main body of Sith who were advancing behind Sage as he could.

"Yes, Master," Jayce said "Nothing leaves alive."

[Post: 3/20]

Objective: Rounding up terrorist members
Allies: [member="Darth Venefica"] | [member="Greta Kohler"]
Enemies: Anyone who’s not a Sith of course…
Theme: Thanks for the memory

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhD9e2SzytY

She’d played her part – or so it seemed – and now the alchemists were going to take over. It was an aspect of Sith sorcery she’d never truly taken to. One day perhaps, but she preferred to deal with illusions and true manifestations using the Force. It felt more...her somehow.

So she turned her back on the warehouse. Perhaps Greta would follow her Master or maybe she’d come with her. Either way it didn’t matter – Maja was itching to play and here she was in a veritable toy-shop…full of people to have fun with.

So she allowed the troopers to head off with their leader and a few seconds later a squad of Sitherhood troopers were at her side. Like many of the Sisters, she had a squad or two she tended to use personally and staff sergeant Chambly and her eight privates were her go-to team.

“We’re going for a walk.” An innocuous turn of phrase but the trooper knew what it meant. The armoured women fanned out and formed a loose perimeter as Maja strolled down the street. Most shrunk away from her, either hiding in doorways or silently slipping behind closing doors. These naturally selected themselves as unworthy of her attention. She needed someone with a bit of back-bone like…yes. This woman in an officer’s uniform that was trying to sneak up behind them with some heroic and quite foolish notion no doubt.

She gave a mental instruction to the staff sergeant and the troopers allowed the woman unhindered progress. Once she had closed to within a dozen feet, Maja spun to face her. She had a vibrosword in hand and carried the insignia of a captain.

“Ever heard of Torture by chagrin?” she said, her voice low and purring. “No, of course not.” She seemed oblivious to the threat the woman posed and when the officer lifted her hand to strike her with her weapon, she gave a loud scream and dropped the blade. “Yes…sorry…I should have warned you. Your bones are indeed broken. But don’t worry, they can be fixed.”

Maja closed up to the woman now, who was holding her broken hand by her side but staring the Sith Knight down. “Spirit. Most commendable. What if I told you I was about to increase your intelligence and overall performance? You’d think I was benevolent, yes? Oh…you suspect I’d be lying, I can tell by that look. And no, I’m deadly serious. But…and this is the good bit, I’m going to make you relive all your worst memories to the point where they’ll cause you physical pain. If you survive, you’ll be stronger than before. Oh…didn’t I mention that detail before? Yes, sadly not everyone survives. I’m still learning the Ability you see.”

Maja’s eyes flashed immediately to yellow, her irises now ringed crimson. The officer dropped to her knees, her hands on her head – despite the pain from the broken bones. Memory Walk was truly a painful torture.

Maja reached into her mind and pulled out the worst of her memories. Being turned down by the Jedi Academy. The boyfriend that promised to marry her and lover her forever but was already betrothed and the best of all – being passed over for promotion three times. Maja forced the woman to relive them over and over, amplifying the pain until she screamed in agony. After an hour Maja felt tired herself and abruptly stopped the torture.

Credit to the woman, she didn’t die – or perhaps Maja was getting better at keeping them alive. “Keep this one and have her hand fixed. We may have a new recruit.”

Objective #1: Rounding up terrorist members
Allies: [member="Darth Venefica"] | [member="Vrag"] | [member="Maja Vern"] | The One Sith

The sound of an explosion rocked the building, before being briefly followed by another, the indication of both the front and rear entrances of the warehouse being breached by the Sith forces almost simultaneously. Greta and her forces streamed into the building quickly and on high alert, preparing themselves for a defence of any sort. As she entered the main complex of the run-down warehouse, she began to hear a mix of blaster fire and explosions among yells and shouts. The other assault group must have ran into some resistance.

Her group was not about to go unhindered either as a sudden shout went up in the air "There's the Sith! Open fire!"A swift ignition of her lightsaber followed by several deflections of the incoming blaster bolts was followed by the rest of her soldiers running for cover as they then began to return fire on the terrorists. Using her mild understanding of force telekinesis, she launched whatever she could at several of the enemy forces, before charging towards them with saber drawn, ready to strike. Bodies began to fall as the terrorists got struck by the oncoming fire.

Oh well, accidents happen.

As the girl charged into the fray, she swung her weapon swiftly in an upward motion, before it came slicing down on a forty-five degree angle disembowelling a few of the vermin as she moved past them. Oops. Capture them alive, she was told. Grabbing the stunner from her belt, Greta deflected more blaster bolts, these wretches completely helpless against her , as she began to neutralise them, stabbing the stunner into their bodies. The acolyte soon heard the sound of hurried footsteps behind her, and as she turned, she saw the sight of a fleeing terrorist, running for his pathetic life.

Drats! Looks like one went away, or so she thought, unaware that her master had already caught the poor fool and was playing around with him. Turning her attention back to the matter at hand, she gestured to the unconscious, temporarily paralysed bodies on the ground. "Bring them to rest. Preparations should be underway soon enough." Two of the troopers began cuffing their unconscious captives before getting them ready for transportation.

Well, that's this done.

Objective: Sabotage
Allies: Bravo Squad (4 Dreadguard), [member="Lilin Imperieuse"], [member="Finnik Mann"]
Foes: [member="Sage Bane"] - One Sith, maybe Two Sith

Foley and Victor hit the back-end garage like it was a French maid. Slipping past the exterior security cameras was a bit difficult, but after a few moments of mapping out when the device changed angles was when they struck, sliding in close to the building to work their way around the edge. The garage door was closed, but there was an emergency electrical panel adjacent to it.

"I've got it. Cover me." Victor said, dropping down near the box to pry it open before tinkering with it. There were numerous failsafes and key code entry patterns, not something you see on a normal control panel. "This is gonna take a few minutes."

Ghost picked up on the comms. "Uh, we don't have a few minutes. Long-range scanners are reporting large amounts of bodies headed this way, probably troops and their overlords. Might wanna bug out while we still can."

Pappy was still on the ground, his rifle and scanners poised ever so carefully to catch the slightest movement. "Change of plans. Foley, find three support columns and drop your ordnance on them. Victor, keep Foley alive." He craned his neck to peer up at Ghost's eagle's nest, "Ghost, see what you can do about those incoming troops. You know what's best. If things get too hot, bail."

"Roger."

Miranda chimed in too. "What about us? What are we going to do?" The AI seemed a little distraught at not having anything to do besides pool over documents related to Incom and intelligence reports on things happening in outlying systems.

"I'm sure they have a Sith commander. Might wanna pay 'im a visit."

:: HERO of KORRIBAN ::
Allies: [member="Lilin Imperieuse"] | [member="Pappy"]
Enemies: [member="Sage Bane"] | [member="Jayce"]
[Post: 4/20]

A ride off of Fresia and away from the Sith, that was the best offer he'd gotten in a long time. He smirked at the cheesy line... both of them were equipped with them it seemed, so might as well keep it going. There was no need for him to think about it, Finnik wanted to get away, and she was his way out.

"You might be my destiny after all," he teased. "If you got room when we get who we can, I'll come with you. Anything to get some semblance of control back in my life."

Because she wasn't a Jedi. Had she been, Finnik would not have accepted the offer. Yeah he was wanting to get trained with the Force, but not by Sith, or by Jedi, not really. The teen wanted his own path, his own way. There was a song about that once, but Finnik could remember all the words. Right now, the two were a team, a reluctant pair, not really. Their fledling alliance seemed to come together pretty quikly, and without a lot of hesitation from either side.

"Here, this way," Finnik said as he ducked into an alleyway. "Most of the fighting is happening in the open streets, and the important buildings around here. Incom was supposed to be a big deal or something. If we're going to find any survivors it will be anyone smart enough to hide in the alley. Only problem is, the Sith supposedly came here to fight terrorists, so the innocents might not be so innocent, hard to tell anyway."

The alleys were quiet, at least the ones Finnik had chosen. Every now and then, the pair had to speed across an open street after a ptrol passed by. Nothing too difficult. Finnik only had a blaster on him, oh and a lightsaber he didn't really know how to use. Sure he could use it, but wasn't spectacular by any means yet. He would be though, one day. He stopped for a break where one alley connected to another behind a rather tall building. They were nearing the primary conflict sites, and would be upon survivors soon. Energy needed to be conserved, so Finnik took to the shadows, and gently pulled Lilin his direction as well.

"We'll hang out here for a moment. Once we have people with us it's gonna be harder to get back to that ship of yours, and besides, I want to know more about where we're going after we leave. We get the survivors out of here, then where? You part of a group of some kind?"

Objective: ?
Allies:?
Enemies: ?

The face behind the mask would grow grim. Taking a comm recorder from a pocket, the cloaked figure would start recording what bit of information that could be taken. In that the being would remain cloaked in the Force, a mere inconsequential boop in the sea of lives being scorched. A small observation droid prove would flutter into the air. It was tiny, but it would do.

The need for data and the man power of the sith would be required. There were a total of six small drones. To the air the took, towards the mass of sith they went. Recording, feeding back data to store into the datapad held in a gloved hand.

Liliane

L
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1r5_tDnUpI​

Objective: Destroy the Sith [ Opposition of Objective ? ]
Allies: Enemies of the Sith, [member="Finnik Mann"], [member="Pappy"]
Enemies: The One Sith, [member="Sage Bane"], [member="Jayce"]

"I am going to get all the people to a Republic planet, or at least somewhere safe. They will be handled by some officials, professionals who have dealt with such matters before."

Lilin didn't dare to talk louder than a whisper, so that's what she did. There were patrols everywhere and the whole mission seemed rather dangerous. She didn't want to leave any signs of their location at all.

"I don't know if I can trust you, but whatever. I am a member of the Covenant, a group of people who fight against the dark."

She looked at the streets around her and sighed. She still had no clue if this was a trustworthy person who she'd teamed up with or if it was merely a trap to make her join the One Sith like she had promised.

Ugh, life was so unpredictable and dangerous.

:: HERO of KORRIBAN ::
Objective: Rescue Innocents
Allies: [member="Lilin Imperieuse"] | [member="Pappy"]
Enemies: [member="Sage Bane"] | [member="Jayce"]
[Post: 5/20]

"And if I even knew what that was, I'd likely have an opinion, but since I don't... I guess I'll have to think they are okay since you're okay in my book so far."

She really didn't need to whisper, but Finnik understood why she did. The sound of boots were echoing into the part of the alley they were sitting in, but from the sound of them, they were coming from the street. Looked like it was time to get moving again. The idea of going to some Republic planet was not appealing to Finnik however. Why, well, they hadn't been of any help when his parents were killed. For all he knew he wasn't even from there though. The teen had no clue where he was from, or if he had other family out there. He was alone, and had been for quite sometime.

"Right so let's get moving again. Can't sit for too long," he said, though not getting up all the way. From here on out he'd be keeping low, and in as much shadow as he could. Some would say count the shadow, but Finnik, he was never concerened about what was in the shadows, because he WAS in the shadows.

The secrecy of their movement didn't mean they couldn't keep talking though. Finnik was still curious about the girl. He wanted to know more. That's why he kept asking questions.

"So how did you get into a group like that I mean... you're about my age... maybe a year or two younger? How did you get caught up with a group like the covenant?"

There was small stair case leading down into a building. Finnik grinned and pointed to it. Alley access into a building was always the perfect place to hide if trying to survive when battles were happeneing in the streets. Maybe they would find some survivors in there.

[SIZE=10pt]1/20
Objective: Kill the Hulk.
Allies: [member="Iziz Vei"]
Enemies: [member="Verun Hans"]

Saiah had no qualms with this sort of work. Civil war, family feuds, slavery, and slaughtering of innocents. It was almost common on Rattatak. She saw no real distinction between a person and a beast of burden. Either way they would be slaughtered to fuel the machines of war. Saiah’s communications device sparked into life as she was about to go knocking on a door to round up the people inside. She halted immediately, as if frozen in time. Her knuckles hovered centimetres from the wooden door and checked her message. She could feel the people inside trembling in fear, hiding where they thought they would be safe

Find out who is killing people needlessly and kill them before they do any real damage.
“I’m on it.”

The mission was clear, simple, one could even say it was elegant. Find the killer and bring him down. Saiah turned away from the door and signalled for a group of Sith troopers to take over while she darted off with Force enhanced speed to meet with Iziz. Force Speed was one of Saiah’s favourite techniques. While she was not as proficient as Iziz, she did make an immense headway, considering she was much further away than Iziz had been. The Jawa’s voice crackled in her comlink

Engaging target.

She slowed down a little, bringing her attention to a different skill she had picked up far more recently. She packed her signature, her presence, around her and made it smaller. It shrunk more and more until it reached the approximate size of a mouse. She had not been able to press it further, yet. Some masters were able to make their Force Signature as small as a molecule, thus virtually undetectable. Saiah would have to settle for insignificant. As her signature shrunk, she unclipped her lightsabre from her hip and held it in her right hand without activating it. Her left hand would linger near the on-switch for her armour’s cloaking device, located in a crevice of her armour near her hip. Her armour was lightweight, but tough as it was made of the marvellous material that is Beskar. Her hood was lined with alchemised Terentatek leather, protecting her mind from leaking surface thoughts and obscuring her intentions. It was rather nice to have when you snuck up on someone.

Once she neared the designated battle-zone, indicated by the heaps of civilian and military corpses, mangled in some interesting and non-standard ways, she flicked the switch of her armour and slowed down to a quiet walking pace. Saiah was a trained assassin and a duellist. She walked with an uncanny stillness and fleetness of foot as she slipped her way between the bodies and followed the sound of the swishing and swirling lightsabres. As she came into view of the battle, Iziz was using his immense speed to unleash a flurry of blows at the juggernaut’s leg. In their situation, she did not expect either to pay her much attention, yet one should never assume to be invisible.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Before barging in, Saiah took a quick mental scan of the situation. Their opponent was enormous and of unknown species to them. His armour appeared to be thick, and as Iziz lightsabres did not slice through it, she would assume it was made of a resistant material. Phrik or Beskar most likely. Having fought against and alongside Iziz, she knew part of his attack pattern, thus she knew to look for markings of flying lightsabres. Perhaps a chink would become apparent in the beastly armour. [/SIZE]

[2/20]
Objective: Gather sacrifices for [member=Darth Ferus]wheel
Allies: [member=Darth Tauros], [member=Sage Bane]
Enemies: [member=Pappy]

Alright, so maybe he had been overeager in thinking they'd blot out the sky. They weren't exactly bringing a Nautolan horde with them., but enough to get the job done. Tauros had been eerily silent, almost as if he wasn't truly there. The Sith Knight was of course allowed to suit himself, whether that meant staying behind or riding down to the planet's surface with Tanek.

The landing had gone pretty smoothly. On ground, Tanek demanded reports, confirming their numbers as well ensuring the troops got into formation. Then began the round-up. The main force would press forwards, covering as much ground as possible between them. Any terrorists firing upon their lines would swiftly be eliminated, and targeted by reserves from the appropriate flanks who'd aid the front lines under attack. Another portion of his force had been split up, ready to deal with any prisoners caught and take them to Ferus' basin, for the sacrifice. To minimize casualties taken, all weapons had been set to stun.

Tanek and his Nautolan corps was making good progress through the streets of Fresia when he received an incoming message from no other than Sage Bane himself. Always a pleasure. "Orders received. We move out at once" his reply to the Hand was swift. There were no questions, no jokes, no other off-topic comment. He was a serious Togruta, who approached any task without objection.

Time to shuffle more soldiers about. They would still need to capture prisoners for the sacrifice. Given their large numbers, he felt confident in splitting off a smaller force to deal with the threat to the Incom facilities. He'd allow the main portion of his forces to continue rounding off any terrorists they found, while he would personally lead the group heading to Incom. "Captain, you are in charge here. You have your orders. Proceed as instructed. Remember, they are to be kept alive." the biggest mistake they could do would possibly be to slaughter the citizens of Fresia. The Nautolan captain nodded, confirming orders received. "If you run into problems, contact me. I'll be taking fifty of our men and head to Incom's facilities." "Yes sir!" he saluted, and assumed control of the main body.

Tanek rounded off his troops, and was on his way to Incom. Force dead huh? That was new. This would be interesting.

Objective: 1, Protect Incom
Allies: [member="Jayce"] [member="Tanek Santii"]
Enemies: [member="Pappy"]
NPCs: 40 expendable One Sith troops
5/20

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJW24KAEKkE[/youtube]​

Once he received the return messages from Jayce and Tanek Santii, Sage made his way to the Incom building leaving countless dead in his wake. The youngest Hand of the Dark Lord didn't have the same delicate touch as some other Sith warriors when it came to killing civilians. If an innocent bystander got in his way, he or she was impudently whipped with an amphistaff, bisected with a lightsaber, or foomphed away with a Force repulse. The dark cloak and plasma blade generally gave him away, so if a civvie was idiotic enough to get close to the Sith Knight, he or she deserved a swift and merciless death. One less stupid person sucking air out of the galaxy.

It was with this iron-fisted barbarism that Sage Bane and his troops came upon the Incom building. The Sith Knight had just finished slaughtering a few more terrorists, and his pale human hand ran slick with red. As he surveyed the scene, he raised his bloody palm to his face and ran his tongue up and down the surface, licking off the viscera of his enemies. His amphistaves undulated lightly at his side, awaiting their mental commands like loyal hounds.

The signal was given with a feral hiss. Troops were to move in and fire upon anyone who was not marked as an Incom employee. The soldiers advanced on the building, blasterfire crisscrossing towards the insurgent scum. His cloak billowing around him, Sage moved with them, his red blade humming in his hand.

Allies: Bravo Squad (4 Dreadguard), [member="Lilin Imperieuse"], [member="Finnik Mann"]
Foes: [member="Sage Bane"], [member="Tanek Santii"] - One Sith, maybe Two Sith

Bravo Team didn't even have to worry about a distraction anymore. With an entire company's worth of hostile infantry closing in and wrecking havoc among the local populace and small, tenacious groups of insurgents, it merely allocated even more time to the commandos working on the support beams of the Incom Headquarters building. By now, Victor had emptied slugs into the surrounding security cameras and the four unlucky uniformed men who'd stormed out the backdoor to hopefully catch the commandos off-guard. They didn't.

Up in the eagle's nest sat Ghost, his CZ-838 gently resting against his shoulder as he began to sight in on the first Sith soldier tromping through the urban landscape. A suppressor, bipod, and a magazine full of BANG rounds were his closest allies as the marksman opened up on the infantry with ferocious accuracy and stopping power.

"Sergeant, we've got more incoming hostiles. This time the total is about an entire infantry company!" The sniper cried over the comms above the crack of rifle fire.

Back down on the ground, Foley was busily dropping his last thermal well on the final targeted support column when Pappy made his appearance with the ground team. "Victor, get up on the pig. Lock 'n load, fill those frakkers with lead."

As if on cue, the tech expert of the team traded his measly CZ-836 assault rifle for Foley's CZ-837 LMG, extending the bipod and chambering the first round of a VENOM magazine. Pappy himself was equipped with an assault rifle accompanied by a magazine of FLARE rounds. It was always good to coordinate, especially when crossfire was concerned.

[member="Finnik Mann"]
[member="Lilin Imperieuse"]

OBJECTIVE No survivors 101
LOCATION Capital
[5|20]

In his effort to secure the streets of the blocks surrounding the Incom facilities, Jayce found himself to be micromanaging more and more of the zone around him by the minute. Once he begun weaving his network of command, his mind continued to accelerate his need for control to new lengths. The Acolyte was making significant changes to the squads he kept in constant rotation around himself, dropping members in and out of different squads, keeping the soldiers he thought were pulling the most weight. He was playing natural selection with the army and it all seemed to be going wondrously.

Jayce checked the map in his palm and continued forward, the small street he was on opened wide into a desolate courtyard. The Acolyte closed his eyes and reached out around him, the three squads he kept in his rotation were fanning out across both sides of the courtyard, two on the west and one on the east, closest to the Incom Facility. He concentrated hard, remembering the lines on the map of the holopad and trying his best to keep perspective while he listened for the resonance of his troops in the Force, and while he stumbled around in the dark trying his best to find more militia.

The calm in the Force was surprising, now that the Sith presence had driven the local insurgence as far away from the Incom building as possible and Jayce was far away from the immense presence of the Dark Side that was making its way through the front gates of that same building, everything was silent. It was the uncanny still that made the only two heartbeats around stand out so loud against the Force. Crude though his tracking was, Jayce could tell at once the pulse of Force Sensitive currents apart from the hordes of militia who he had listened for already tonight. It seemed most sensible that these were other Sith, because who else would be foolish enough not to have gone into hiding away from the capital by now?

"Unit Three, move forward to co-ordinate B7, enter the back of the building and breach the ground floor stairwell that leads into the alley, identify possible hostiles,"

The soldier breathed deep and looked up through his visor. In front of him, the commander of his unit nodded and pressed forward. The Private followed each of his comrades in a single line, eyes trained firmly on the points he was in charge of watching, the first floor windows and the west facing alleyways. Rifle clutched firmly in his fingers he turned his back against the back wall of a building, his squad lining up either side of him with the commander nearest the door. One by one the men rolled into the narrow corridor and swept forward. The Private was the last to enter and spun around, scanning behind the unit for any hidden hostiles. In spite of his comrades' trust for the Sith chattering away in their radio, the Private still felt uneasy about trusting that magic with his life.

Charges set, the commander rose three fingers to the squad. Two. One. The explosives from the door would cause a small detonation, enough to send the door violently swinging open and severing the top hinge. The pair of young Force Sensitives would likely be well clear of the door by the time the squad breached it. Promptly, the pair would be greeted with a rush of five black figures pouring out from the doorway into a tight formation which covered the breadth of the alley.

The Private twisted his body from the doorway last, dropping to his knee and levelling the barrel of his rifle at the two youths who stood there, they weren't much younger than even he was. The soldiers breathed deep and there was quiet for a moment. After a second or two, the Private was the first to use the radio.

"They're not militia," The Private said 'They're just kids, there's no way he'll..'

"They look like civilians," He added.

The men stood statuesque with their rifles trained on the duo, awaiting orders. Jayce's lips curled into a vicious grin.

[4/20]
Objective: Begin the Slaughter
Allies: One Sith; Techno Union
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEZPYvgwUZU
Slowly the basin was filled. The hole within the ground was near completion. In fact, one could say it was complete. Within it, all of he people that had been captured or rounded up. Two million people now rested within this massive, empty circular lake bed, almost the entire population of the planet itself. The machines used to escalate the ground slowly pulled back, and the shovels and tools they once had removed by the One Sith army there to watch them.
But the guards did not remain. Slowly, the people within the basin would find themselves alone. Yet if they tried to leave they would find themselves pushed back, by an unseen Force. The Sith would not let them leave. Up upon the ledges of this man made lake came a thousand cloaked figures. Exactly a thousand, each dressed in pitch black robes. No faces were seen, no hands seen, nothing but a black silhouette. Angry shouts from those detained rained out like thunder, cries of confusion and fear filling the air.
The unseen force holding them back would become clearer, a red barrier surrounding the edges. Panic seeped in now, and the crowds began to press against the barriers, as if trying to escape, as if trying to flee from what ever this was. But as soon as the first batch of people touched the barrier, the whole basin went quiet. IT was as if a mute button had gone off, and that much more fear settled into those trapped within.
Voices carried by the Force replaced the incoherent screams of the damned. Despite how clear the voices were, their words could not be made out, an impossible language that hearing only caused distortion. The thousand alchemists, lead by the Aspect of War, had begun.
One thousand people from the crowd were lifted, pulled towards each of the Alchemists by the Force itself. The ones too scared to move. The ones who cursed their fates. The ones who lashed out at those around them. Fear, Hate, Anger. They were the emotions center to the Dark Side itself. These people were the catalysts of the ritual. Their bodies bound by forbidden magic and their spirits too weak to fight back, there was little they could do as each was grabbed by the black figures.
Mute screams filled the air as loved ones watched those they cared about get pulled away, but they could do nothing. The ritual had them stuck in place, no longer able to move unless prompted to by the ritualists. Two million people watched as one thousand others were turned, forced to face the Basin. Their heads were held back, there eyes wide with hate, anger, and fear.
"San̶͟t̶͘i̵͜͡eśk̡̀ ̛̕V̨͢a͡n̵ţ͟i͏̶s̸͝h̸"
The words were spoken in unison, heard fully by those around them. A flash of steel, and the throats of the catalysts would be split open.
Silence once more gave way to screams of terror as a thick red mercury substance poured forth from the throats of the sacrificed. It would drip ever so slowly down the side of the basin, growing in size as it got closer to the edges of the people trapped within. Once it finally reached the outer layer of the people trying to squish away, the first true screams of pain would begin.
The substance turned all that it touched into itself, and the people would not melt, would not turn to dust. There forms would simply go from human, to liquid, so slowly that they could feel the pain. All of this, to empower the ritual itself. The more people this liquid would touch, the quicker it would grow. Faster and faster it went, consuming all before it as what once started as a trickle became a torrent of water. Rapidly the basin would fill upon the last touch, the cloudy red substance reeking with death.
A whole population of people, turned to a lake of red in a matter of painful moments. There were still others to be sacrificed to feed this center of darkness. Fresia would never be the same again.

[3/20]
Objective: Crush the Upstarts
Allies: None
Enemies: The One Sith, Innocents, Terrorists - Everyone really. ([member="Iziz Vei"] | [member="Saiah"])
[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EARTcJ48H0[/media]
At this point the Anzat wasn't quite certain if the Jawa was simply underestimating the non-force user, or if he was simply not aware of what sort of issues came with assaulting a clearly armored individual with the use of any form of melee weapon at any range - especially when it was obvious that he hadn't slaughtered the troops that had surrounded him earlier with any weapons at all, lacking prejudice against armor and flesh alike with his considerable strength. The truth of the matter was that, unlike the vast majority of humanoid species, the Anzati were gifted with an anatomy that granted them athleticism thrice that of a human, and that was an average scenario. While it would have, likely, been quite impossible for most humans to perform feats of aerobics wearing any sort of armor, even with Phrik's super-light properties, it was both Verun's strengths and his species' penchant for defying the odds that granted him the mobility. And while he certainly was not the most aerobic of his species, especially when it came to maintaining a consistent speed at any given time beyond short sprints as he was doing now, it was still certainly far above average for any human. Certainly this Jawa was not a human, nor was he fighting one - as was probably more than clear by now - but if the small man expected things to go as they would when dealing with much of humanity.. well, Hans would likely be searching for a new challenge sooner than later.

However he was, indeed, entirely no match for any experienced force user utilizing force speed, indeed an ability that capitalized on every weakness the towering Anzat had, but even as the short one reduced his movements to nearly a blur - not exactly something the vampiric man couldn't keep track of with his eyes, he simply lacked the mobility to actually deal with the problem due to his sheer size that was abnormal for his species that thus put him at a disadvantage when dealing with his own in terms of agility - it would appear that the Jawa had intended to counter the gray one's dash with a tug on the lightsabers. Now, certainly, Phrik armor was by all means not impervious to damage, and although it had become famous after the rumor started about a small box surviving the infamous death star's obliteration of Alderaan Hans had never wanted to test that kind of misinformation out in any extent of the word. So, as it happened, the armor he wore was equipped with extensive equipment that suited not only to help him keep track of his prey on top of his sensory organs, but also to protect him against lightsabers and the like by way of an energy shield. While the small Jawa likely expected to at least somewhat hinder the Anzati, it instead resulted in the harmless flinging of the rotating blades in opposite directions of the man as they futilely ricocheted and eventually returned back to their owner.

However fast the little man was, however, there was one major flaw in the use of force speed, and it was that every strike, every "end" to a movement, resulted in the briefest of pauses - now how long that lasted was generally minimized by both masters and experts alike, and this Jawa was no different, but it was more than enough for six theoretical strikes that made contact with an energy field to give him enough of a moment to strike back. Hans had fought more than his fair share of force users in his four-and-three-quarter centuries of life, and although he never quite made it to actually dueling a Sith Lord or Jedi Master in any form of a formal confrontation like this, it was clear that the Jawa still had quite a ways to go before he'd reach that pinnacle - although being the narcissist that Verun was caused him to believe himself to be prepared to combat someone at that level of skill regardless of the truth that he was likely, indeed, not. The Anzati tried to reach out with his foot to trip the Jawa, though he was avoided entirely by the rolling maneuver that the small one had employed - certainly much more tactical than his relentless barrage of strikes moments before. The monstrous man had to hand it to him, he was either learning or was capable of combining two very different styles of combat into one, not quite unlike the cunning he employed when fighting those with such an advantage the force presented these Jedi and Sith. "Hahah, you show promise, perhaps I will have my fill for today after all!" He boomed, though not quite literally, as he slid across the duracrete road to pivot on one foot to turn towards the small Jawa. Certainly neither had conceded an inch to the other, and though both had great advantages in this rather interesting duel, it was clear the murderous Anzati was already enjoying himself - to the point that he had his focus directed on the Jawa now and hadn't noticed what he otherwise would have via the sensory organs that all Anzati utilized when stalking prey and avoiding predators stronger than themselves, the arrival of a new enemy.

[Post: 4/20]

Objective: Have fun and practice
Allies: [member="Greta Kohler"]
Enemies: Anyone who gets in her way
Theme: Pain

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ud4HuAzHEUc

No sooner had she stepped forward once more than a group of three men dressed in casual clothing and brandishing blasters leaped out from a side-alley. Perhaps Maja was too tired to have noticed their threat? Maybe she’d toyed with the prisoner for so long that her troopers lost focus? Either way, only two of them were cut down in a hail of fire before the third reached Maja.

She took a glancing blaster bolt to the thigh before the man was on his knees – a shot had taken his right leg from under him.

She could sense the fear emanating from him now. She felt the familiar heat of the Dark-side flare to life within her, responding to the plight of her would-be victim, feeding itself on his terror. It flowed through her like a wave of liquid fire, burning away her guilt and uncertainty and strengthening her resolve.

Maja’s mind was filled with a great and sudden realization many years ago: fear and pain were an inevitable part of existence. And it was far better to inflict them on others than to suffer them herself.

She typically preferred a more subtle and insidious approach. Instead of using the Force to bend people to her will, she was used to gently prodding their collective psyche, pushing their thought patterns to make them more emotional, more aggressive. By itself the process was useless, but combined with persuasive words to further stir the blood, the effects could be more powerful - and more permanent - than the brute force of simple mind control. But they were in a war-zone and she had to adapt to the circumstances. Or die.

Weaving her fingers in a complex pattern in the air, Maja reached out with the Force and plunged deep inside the man's mind to find his secret, most primal fears. Buried in his subconscious were nameless horrors: abominations and creatures of nightmare never meant to see the light of day. Drawing on the power of Sith sorcery, she plucked them out and brought them to life one by one.

The entire process took less than a second. In that time the man had raised his weapon, but instead of pointing it at Maja he suddenly screamed and aimed it high in the air above her, firing wildly at demons conjured from his own mind that only he could see.

The illusions grew more real and more terrifying the longer the spell continued, but Maja had no intention of ending it yet – the pain in her leg needed to be paid for. The man shrieked and threw his weapon to the ground. He flung his head wildly from side to side, covering it with his arms and screaming “No!” over and over before collapsing on the floor. Weeping and sobbing, he curled up into a tight little ball, still muttering "No, no, no..."

The troopers kept guard impassively. No doubt wondering what their punishment would be for allowing this man to penetrate their defences.

Maja could have ended it then, dispelling the illusion and allowing the man to fall into unconsciousness. He would wake hours later with only the most basic recollection of what had happened, his mind instinctively recoiling from the memories of what it had witnessed. But Maja decided to push the illusion even farther, driving her victim to the edge of insanity and beyond. An image of the man romantically entangled with one of his demons sprang unbidden to her mind - and Maja pushed.

His cries of terror became animal howls as his sanity was ripped apart by the ghastly visions. His hands scratched and clawed at his own eyes, tearing them out. Blood poured down his cheeks, but even blindness couldn't save him from the nightmares crawling through what was left of his mind.

His howls finally stopped as his body went into seizure; his mouth foamed as his limbs convulsed wildly on the floor. Then, with a final blood-curdling shriek, he fell suddenly limp and lay still. His conscious mind completely and irrevocably obliterated, his catatonic body was now nothing more than an empty shell.

The body shivered once, and Maja knew that somewhere in the deepest core of his subconscious a small part of him still existed, silently screaming, trapped forever with the horrors inside his own mind.

Though everyone had borne witness to the man's gruesome and terrifying end, Maja was the only one who knew what had really happened. Yet even she was never quite certain just what her victims saw. Based on their reactions she figured it was probably better not to know. She coolly regarded the body on the floor, still trembling occasionally, then glanced up to see the troopers staring at her intently.

“Let that be a lesson to you,” she said, “And get me a medic…now.”

[1/20]
Objective: Aid the resistance (anti-objective, I guess?)
Allies: Enemies of Sith
Enemies: The One Sith, @[member="Vrag"]
NPCs: a group of Fresian refugees, some Sith troopers

https://youtu.be/ycVK0tVU3ek​

"Come on, run!"
They ran. Yet even so, the stragglers were getting picked off by those horrible insect creatures, if blaster fire didn't get them first. This was not what Amelia had expected when she left the space above Alderaan to assist the people who sent that distress call. She knew the people here were going to be slaughtered; it was evident they were overwhelmed, and judging by the reputation of the Sith, the only other plausible outcome was potentially worse than death. But the Echani Padawan was not ready for what she faced now. The battle itself she could cope with, relished it even; but the screams, the desperation, the sheer chaos, and the blood... all that blood everywhere... it was almost too much to take in. She had never imagined war would be like this... in her naive inexperience, she must have assumed it was like sparring matches, but with far more participants and that people could actually die from it. But not this. This was no battle; it was massacre.
Luckily, her survival instincts had kicked in on time and she had found a group of refugees whom she intended to escort back to her ship. She knew one person couldn't turn this battle, not herself at least. But she could try to save as many as her Baudo-class yacht would carry and get them off world.

Next time, I'm not going anywhere like this alone, she thought to herself while encouraging the civilians through the ruins of what were once buildings. She would have landed closer to where they were hiding, were it not for the debris being so numerous as to make her doubt in her ability to land the ship safely. She wondered if it had not been better to take a risk and saved more, the ones that were taken out while running, but she quickly dismissed the thought.
Better to save the ones I can and still have a ship to save them with.

Her body jumped with adrenaline as another salvo of blaster bolts flew over their heads. Most missed, having been aimed too high, but some managed to hit and a couple of refugees
screamed in pain.
"Damn it!" she cursed, then barked at the group: "Keep going forward and then left behind that big building! I'll be right with you!"
The Echani dashed to the back and ignited her weapon. A beam of cyan light whipped left and right and deflected a couple of blaster shots fired in her direction. One of them was reflect back on to the shooter, who got hit straight in the chest and collapsed. She saw one of the flying beasts land on a building to her left, but after making sure it caused no falling debris that could potentially crush her, she paid the thing no mind. She was far too busy with deflecting the next volley, this time doing her best to intentionally redirect the shots back at her attackers. It was evident that the only way she was going to hold them off long enough for the refugees to reach her ship and then run to join them was by depriving the enemy a chance to shoot her in the back.

Vrag

The Second Seal, broken.
[6/20]
Objective:
Round 'em up
Allies: [member="Rose Kuhn"] | [member="Darth Venefica"] | [member="Sage Bane"] | [member="Greta Kohler"] | [member="Maja Vern"]
Enemies: [member="Amelia Moonlight"]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnjXUmAWACk​

Under the watchful eye of [member="Darth Ferus"], the whole planet had been slowly turned into a theatre for the Sith, and now the Sith had finally come to play. The cities and the towns would be their stands, the basin their arena, and they would watch, and feast, and generally have a fething good time. Some of the… fresher people would probably have nightmares for months, or maybe even years, if not for the remainder of their lives — however long that ended up being — but that was simply one of the things that went hand in hand with what they did here.

For many, it was a sacrifice made so that others may suffer less, and while Vrag could see usefulness of that belief, it wasn't one she shared. Standing atop a mountain of corpses with her head in the clouds wasn't exactly the best vantage point, and certainly not one that offered a clear view of the situation.

Not that anyone ever thought Sith to be unbiased, or even rational; in fact, most of the Galaxy probably thought they were batshit crazy. It was a good thing, then, that the Hand of the Dark Lord didn't much care what the Galaxy thought, and was instead more focused on deflecting the rather accurate shots being sent her way by a crafty terrorist. It seemed that there were still those who had kept their backup weaponry in addition to what Ferus had so generously provided them with. Smart, really, but useless nonetheless.

Her red blade stayed in its dance through the air as she saw a blast bug hit the side of his neck, snapping the vertebrae like they were twigs. Her prematurely deceased opponent collapsed like a sack of potatoes against the side of the buildings, and her eyes flickered over the HUD of her helmet for any new information. The Vong behind her, having cleaned the rest of the resistance outside the outpost, were already pouring into the structure proper, and knowing the efficiency of the Legion, Vrag realized her helping hand would be of more use elsewhere. Abandoning her contingent of warriors to the carnage they would indiscriminately deliver — as they were wont to do — the towering Baphomet of armor and muscle focused her gaze on the wink of blue in the distance.

That particular color was forever burned into the retina of her cool eyes by now, the unmistakable flash of a Jedi's lightsaber. How utterly foolish, to come here of all places.

The Sith grinned behind her helmet, the Vonduun clinging to her body squirming in delight at the prospect of a more invigorating fight. There was something to be said about the mindless entertainment provided by culling the masses, but squaring off against a glowstick cop was always so much better.

Her chitinous boots scraped against the dry, hard soil beneath her feet, and then the Hand of the Dark Lord was off.

• Objective: Kill [member="Verun Hans"]
  • Allies: [member="Saiah"]

Iziz watched in horror as the pertacle shield went up around his opponent, and his power in the force was not strong enough to force his spinning discs to grind across their opponent with circular saw like spin force, instead the edged of the weapons smashed against the shield and returned to Iziz's hands as he dove to the side and struck at the side of his knee and continued to land his six rapid strikes against his opponent's shielded leg... each hit Iziz knew was doing functionally nothing to him, though the attempt was not in vain, ten 'direct' strikes to that shield with custom made light-sabers, each burning brightly with their power-cells, not splitting the power between the two potential blades, would be taking a considerable toll on the energy source of that shield, though it seemed his armour too was made well, rolling backwards, the kick the Anzati launched towards his head missed by inches, and the physical force it was thrown with the blow would have been enough to shatter Iziz's head with a single blow, the Jawa was lucky he disengaged from the attack when he did, and any thoughts of this battle being simple were out the window. It was like the Sand Raider bringing down the Krayt dragon, they knew all it took was a single well placed blow, but the placing of that blow needed to be perfect... it did not matter what hit it in the interim, the raider was loosing until the shot had been made... The Goliath seemed to be enjoying the fight, the truth of the matter was that Iziz too could feel the rush of his adrenaline pumping through his veins, so close to death at any one point was enough to make any mans' heart race, and know what it meant to be alive.

But he needed to focus.

The Inhuman juggernaut, clad in heavy armour seemed to be making an advance, Iziz knew from experience that he was not going to be able to stick to the same tactics over and over again in this fight, he needed to find a way to trap him, he had two layers of defense at least and the Jawa was going to have to get through both of them in order to land any meaningful damage. Naturally, lightning would be the go to weapon to bring down an energy shield, though, Iziz's skill with lightning was not as reliable as he would have liked, not able to throw it out at a whim, he still needed a couple of seconds to charge a bolt within his hands before he launched it, and he doubted his opponent was not about to give him that chance... But Iziz had an idea. Jumping backward and placing his closed fist upon the ground, Iziz sommersaulted thrice backwards in rapid succession before rounding off by performing a single graceful flip in order to gain himself a little more distance from his opponent. On his final flourish, Iziz span like a tornado, reaching behind himself, with his left hand and sheathing one of his weapons, allowing himself to hit the activation button on his single and only grenade... and he began to count ... landing with a bend of his knees, he would simultaneously and slowly, with a few clicks down on the gearbox of his light-saber, retract the beaming red blade and extend it once again, but instead in a reverse grip, hoping it would draw the attention of the Anzat. Bringing on all of the showmanship the One Sith had to offer, showboating for the few seconds he would need to

Here goes nothing...

With but three seconds to go, Iziz would not engage Varun in any meaningful way, but rather he would deliver his pay-load with yet another hit and run maneuver before banking a hard right to escape the blast radius with the full pressured power of his force speed, He would reveal the weapon and hurl it in his direction side-ways as the Jawa began to run, hoping it would leave little recourse to the hulking Anzat... Iziz hoped that the strength of a Thermal Detonator would be enough to put the man in his place accommodated with what damage was already done to the particle shield... Iziz ran to the side and dove for cover, hoping to evade any further of his movements against him and any of the secondary blast wave... Admittedly though, for the Jawa, with all of his thinking and planning, his throw was not as precise as he would have liked it, upon hurling the weapon it would detonate some eight meters to the left of Verun. Accuracy at such high speeds was difficult to attain, and it was true that Iziz had not yet mastered his powers of Force speed leading to precise aim being virtually impossible while beginning to already move sideways. .

As the explosion went off, should the wave consume its target or not, there would be a flash of white light as the intense heat followed by a deafening explosion. Diving and keeping low to evade the worst of the shock-wave, shrapnel, and the rest of what would be thrown around, he would look back to see if his opponent was fast enough to run the twelve meters in two seconds to escape the primary blast. Iziz hoped.~ But he could not discount the inevitable possibility with his heavy armour, and his shield, and whatever other protections his out-fit provided, that his enemy surviving the blast was a very real possibility. So, raising slowly, he would prepare for the potential of another round with the relentless beast...

Praying... that he had at least suffered some lasting damage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom