Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No one is promised tomorrow.

While left alone with his thoughts, Vaulkhar watched the shifting rain clouds above. The planet was covered in darkness at all hours of the day, considering the black and gray clouds that locked out the bright sun and stars alike. There was never a moment where rain wasn't crashing down on the planet. It was chaotic at all hours of everyday, yet Vaulkhar found a sense of peace in the raging storm. The clouds likely looked like nothing to many, yet to him he could see so much. Battles fought, wars waged, answers to unspoken questions. Rarely did he find a need for such introspective thoughts, but murder always brought such contemplation. He needed to know why he did what he did and the storm encapsulated why he was who he was. No matter what he sought, the galaxy needed to be cleansed, it needed something to breath life into it. It needed the empire. And the empire needed him.

Valishkannaeval's approach went entirely unnoticed as he stared up at the sky, entranced in his moment of clarity. Yet, just as quickly as it came, it went. As she pushed her way into his face, his eyes widened in response. He managed to sit still so she can go about her examination, though she would find no new wounds. A few of the bruises from the day prior looked a bit worse for wear, given he likely aggravated the wounds from the night before.

"I'm fine, no need to worry," one arm would fall back to his side as the other was lifted and examined. "To be honest, the majority of their growing coup d'etat has taken a series of difficult hits. Very few remain, which make for easy enough prey," his musings went silent as he looked into her eyes. "Erm, I think I'm okay Valishkannaeval. Thank you, though."

To be so close to another without a saber in hand brought a minor wave of confusion over him. It was in that moment Vaulkhar realized there was an unnoticed beauty in the woman before him, though he said nothing. Instead, he looked back to the sky and relaxed in the rain.

"Are the kittens okay?"

[member="Valishkannaeval"]

"I really worry about you being so insistent on finishing that job, I found you lying in the mud yesterday and here we are again." The woman unintentionally sassed him, offering a hand to gently get him to his feet. "Come inside before you catch cold, not even a powerful lord is immune to natural illness. Resistant maybe, but illness can get to us all."

Assuming he followed the woman led the man back inside the ship, a large begrudging vardactyl of grey battle torn scales and green feathered mane lurching out of their way as its nap on the ramp was interrupted. Inside her bag the small vinecats could be heard mewing, their small legs pressing against the fabric and it shifted slightly every so often.

"The kittens are okay, just a bit rained out from the storm. One of them has fallen ill to some virus I needed to study on board though I'm sure its minor, and the mother was understanding."

Once ushered inside, a few large beasts trailed in behind and she closed the ramp after everyone was settled, most things making way to the farther back of the ship now more filled than before.

"Once I finish with the cats though I will be heading to Taris to check out the situation there and to see what the city has devolved to over the last three years. Likely its filled with Jedi back in an attempt to restore peace as there been little attention paid to it recently. I'd offer for you to come though, you seem very eager to finish what you're doing here and I'm sure you have other work after."

[member="Vaulkhar"]

Vaulkhar stood up as she ushered him up and forward. He listened to her speak with a faint smile, a soft chuckle even escaping him as he moved after her.

"You know, I'm not lying in the mud this time. I was just enjoying the rain," he stepped around the vardactyl as it searched for a new place to rest. The sounds of the vinecats each calling out for attention offered him a bit of a distraction from the soreness and pain running through his body, but not quite as much as he'd of liked. His movement was stiff, likely from overdoing it. "Good to hear they are alright. Also, glad to hear the mother is okay with you taking her kittens. How that conversation went over is beyond me, but good on you for managing to get them," Vaulkhar navigated his way through the sea of beasts as he made for his room the night before. Her words reached him, but his lack of shirt and/or robe left him feeling somewhat wet... and cold. He reached his room in no time and lifted a hand. His now dry robe floated through the air before reaching said hand, which quickly tugged it around his body.

Vaulkhar made his way back to Valishkannaeval and slid into whatever seat offered him some comfort. There was still work to be done in Kaas City, but the majority of the rebel cell had already been quelled. While a few lords remained, it was something he'd likely have to manage at a later date. With both his injuries and the increased vigilance the rebels likely had in place, it be difficult for the Emperor's Wrath to manage such an affair.

"I suppose I can make some time. Haven't been to Taris in nearly a decade."

[member="Valishkannaeval"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom