Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Night Whispers

AllianceDiscordIcon2.png

"I feel like people don't realize how lucky we are as jedi that ol' Farmboy came around and kickstarted the downfall of the Empire. Would've been me if I had been there for the whole Death Star situation."
Jonyna joked, but there was an underlying seriousness to her voice. "Wanted to start my own order once the Empire was gone. Set up the jedi as a new force for peace, not the bureaucrats that they were before."

Tag: Connel Vanagor Connel Vanagor

We will either find a way, or make one.
I learned from my mother and father, but I am not them!
jedi_master_male___concept_design_by_ron_faure_dao0fwq-414w-2x.jpg

[Any text in brackets signifies comm-link usage and not face to face conversation]
SECTOR: Coruscant - Jedi Temple - Lower Level - Kitchen
MISSION: Midnight Snack
TAGS: Jonyna Si Jonyna Si

WITH: Buster

While he didn’t wince att the thought of what she was saying, Connel’s lips did purse at Jonyna’s wish of a certain type of order. That is why my father did not enjoy his time on the Councils that he was a part of. Felt that he was more influential out in the field. I hope to be able to be like him out there before I’m done. Shaing his head. If I could ever learn to get over this shyness.

[Any text in brackets signifies comm-link usage and not face to face conversation]

While Buster stood, offended that he was summarily dumped off of Jonyna’s lap, Connel looked surprised. Not at Buster, but at the Cathar moving closer to him.

By the Force… she’s flirting…

… she’s hitting on me!

No… wait… we’re sparring… she’s…

… no… she’s just being nice…

… or is she really flirting?

Air on the side of caution…

Dropping into a backwards somersault, Connel rolled into a defensive position with a smirk on his face. Ready for you now…

Something is telling me that I didn’t have to do this…

AllianceDiscordIcon2.png

Jonyna stared at the man as he somersaulted, blinking for a moment, before suddenly burst out laughing. She laughed, and laughed, falling onto her back and letting out an embaressing snort, before finally rubbing her eyes and sitting back up.

"Oh Sweet Sylvar, you're like a black hole in there."

If he wasn’t confused before, Connel was sure as Mustafar confused now. She was laughing and comparing him to a “Black Hole”, and he couldn’t make heads or tails of it. Standing erect with a look on his face of utter bewilderment…

I was… lost on what you were doing… I thought[/i} you had been going one way… but we were here to spar so I erred on the side of caution. He shrugged and reached down to pet Buster who was scratching his leg. Sorry.

If Connel’s jaw could hit the floor (literally), it would have.

Loaded personal question… Waving off any concern, he wasn’t embarrassed, okay maybe he was a little, but surprised with how direct she was. Taking a moment to collect his thoughts, Connel continued to pet Buster.

There’s a reason why I have Buster with me. He seems to keep me calm in social situations. In a fight? I’m good. Like this? I need him around, at least right now… I just get too nervous around people. Laughing. Pretty pathetic, huh?

AllianceDiscordIcon2.png

"Nah." Jonyna snickered, casually leaning against a wall. "I can't blame you for being awkward. Never had that problem myself, but that's because I adopted a philosophy long ago. No matter how hard it seems, you can only fail if you don't try. So...I just threw myself at every problem I came across with gusto. Sometimes I land on my face, sometimes on my feet. Either way, I try. Can't let fear overtake you."

Starting to play with Buster, Connel just smiled sheepishly and shrugged. Yeah, I suppose you’re right. Though I never really considered myself “afraid”... I guess I’m wrong. Either way. I guess I just wanted to get my feet wet in this “Jedi” thing before I started to do my own… you know? I mean, my last name… it casts a pretty big shadow.

The deep breath from his little friend told Connel one thing… Someone is finally getting tired.

AllianceDiscordIcon2.png

Starting a...oh.

"Here's a Si secret. Your name only means what you make of it. Not what your parents do, but what You do. My mom was a Master Shadow, before the Clone Wars, before the Empire, she was in charge of hunting down the dark and slaying it before it became a problem. Trained under Master Yoda himself. I didn't know any of that until I had already carved out my own name, and even after I did, I never let it hold me back. You can make your name mean whatever you want it to, just by being what you are. To me, that's what fear is. Letting the shadow of those around you consume you, and not living for yourself."

He listened to everything she had to say, it was nothing he had not already heard, or truly knew for himself, but it was good to hear. Not only that, she was right. Nodding, Connel didn’t say anything until her point was made. Yeah, you’re right. It will come, I just need to be patient… and hope those who consider me a “friend” are, I guess as well. Heh, your mom probably ran into my dad more than once.

Her query actually brought a surprised but genuine smile to his face. Connel was proud to be a “Vanagor” but he felt the (unwittingly self-imposed) pressure of the shadow his father’s reputation cast out. He was not prideful, but Connel did not want to be looked on simply as “Caltin’s son”, but for his own capabilities and outlook. It was proving difficult but he was going to see it through and continue to follow the path, not because it was self-gratifying but because it was the right thing to do. This was made easier at least in the moment by Jonyna’s question.

Caltin Vanagor. Sorry, just used to people asking me if he was my father, not asking who he was.

AllianceDiscordIcon2.png

"Don't think I've heard that one." Jonyna shrugged. "Then again, a lot of jedi names just got lost by the time I was kicking around. I only know the ones my old battle droid friend had recorded from his time fighting for the Confederacy..."

The smile morphed into a hearty laugh. We need to keep your droid friend from him then, he told me several stories about how he loved fighting them because he never had to show restraint. Buster was now sound asleep, at least until the laugh, which woke him up with the cutest stretch and yawn. Sorry buddy.

… and just like that… Connel was showing his flexibility by coming THAT close to literally putting his own foot in his mouth. It was a weak attempt to lighten the mood, but an attempt nonetheless.

Exactly what that is remains to be seen, I’m sure. He chuckled. Thanks… for giving me someone to talk to without it feeling forced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom