Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Night Whispers

AllianceDiscordIcon2.png

The jedi temple on Coruscant, while most would write it off as a place of study and training, also acted as the primary residence of the jedi.

An occasionally, one of them would get hungry at 3 in the morning.

A loud yawn could be heard as the cathar, dressed only in an old tank top that hung off one shoulder, and a pair of athletic shorts, wandered into the kitchen area.

Tag: Connel Vanagor Connel Vanagor

We will either find a way, or make one.
I learned from my mother and father, but I am not them!
jedi_master_male___concept_design_by_ron_faure_dao0fwq-414w-2x.jpg

[Any text in brackets signifies comm-link usage and not face to face conversation]
SECTOR: Coruscant - Jedi Temple - Lower Level - Kitchen
MISSION: Midnight Snack
TAGS: Jonyna Si Jonyna Si

WITH: Buster

[COLOR=RED}Alright, alright! Chill! You want your fluffy toy? Here! I got your fluffy toy.[/COLOR]

The young Jedi Knight and his Galinorese Mountain Aak Dog could be heard down the hall, the sound was getting louder and louder until Buster could be seen running in with his toy and dropping into a “pounce” stance. Connell of course was playing along. HA! as he jumped into the doorway.

Then he saw Jonyna…

… and was mortified…

I am so sorry. Buster was hungry and I wanted a snack so I wanted to grab something we could share, I won’t bother you though. I’ll be out of here fast.

[Any text in brackets signifies comm-link usage and not face to face conversation]

Why?

He was int… they were interrupting her.

He was being polite.

That is the way he was raised. Maybe this was a Cathar thing? Or was he overthinking this? Probably the latter. Either way, Buster was now sniffing the air and giving his “I want your food” growl.

I am sorry. I thought that I had walked in on a gathering.

Buster is smart,

Too smart for his own good.

He has learned to recognize a variety of words, and one of them is “pet”. When Jonyna offered him some, even just uttered the word, his “wigglebutt” went into overdrive and began hopping around.

I think he likes the idea. His name is “Buster”. I'm Connell by the way, or if you're formal "Knight Vanagor."

Walking over to the coolers and looking inside, Connell began to grab some items, meats, cheeses, bread, and vegetables. He spent some early years in the kitchen with Father, it was fun, but he did not want to be a member of “Cooking with Caltin” but he did appreciate moments like this.

You good with just cheese? I’m going to make a sandwich, but I can just as easily make two.

Just then Buster looked at him and barked. There was a specific tone to it that Connell just gave him a look. No, you’re getting your own!

AllianceDiscordIcon2.png

"Hey Buster!" Jonyna said, petting the big dog. "I'll take a grilled cheese if you don't mind..." Her primal brain kicked in, a slight drool coming from her mouth as she did. "...actually, add some ham to that. I'll take a grilled ham and cheese. Mmmmm....ham..."

Coming right up.

Bark!

You’re getting your own! He wanted to sound mean and angry, but all that Connell could do was laugh at his best friend. It was just too funny the connection that they seemed to be forming. Ham… Ham… Mouthing the word to himself as he reached in the coolers, pulling out some Aole and a couple of knives.
Yoink. Grabbing Jonyna’s cheese, Connell had his own, he didn’t like her choice, but that was just because it was a little too mild for him. Buster broke off from his pets for a moment to stand RIGHT NEXT TO Connell and begin “tapping” the Knight’s leg with his paw. Stopping, looking down and “dropping” a piece of ham on the floor, he looked at the Cathar for a moment.

Here, if you’re cool with keeping his attention for a minute. Quickly, Vanagor cut up some bite sized ham chunks and put them on the plate. Buster saw this exchange and barked again. Never mind!

Getting busy putting meat on the grill, cutting it up, mixing in cheese and doing some more grill mastery he soon had bread on the grill as well. Eventually Vanagor plated the pup’s snack and subtly’ put it on the table. Then soon afterward, he added some seasoning (not much) to her concoction, and his and then onto the bread, and plated. Grabbing a Blue milk bottle out of the cooler as he grabbed a stool, he offered her one too.

This is how I like mine, hope you do too..

Making something to eat

AllianceDiscordIcon2.png

Jonyna watched the man cook with a fervor, her tail whipping back and forth as she leaned slowly in to watch. "...ya know, they say the way to a woman's heart is through her stomach. I think you're putting that to the test here." Her mouth often moved faster than her brain, but Jonyna didn't seem to mind it. Jokes like that were just her way of making friends. "So, you said your name was Connell? I'm Jonyna." She stood up straight, offering a bouncy handshake. "You might've seen me in the news recently."

They were sitting down,

Buster was chowing down.

All was good.

Yeah, well my father taught he how to cook, mainly because he and my mother thought that I would get his appetite. I swear the man has a dozen tapeworms in him. I swear if you’ve seen his holo-show, he eats what he makes. Shaking his head, realizing he was going off about a man who helped give him life, and was not here to defend himself he sighed with a chuckle. Cutting his sandwich in half and combining different sauces to make a unique dip, he took a bite.

Just as Jonyna asked him about his name.

Pointing at his mouth with a sheepish grin, he chewed the morsel down and swallowed before responding. Yes Ma’am. Connell Vanagor.. Nice to meet you, Jonyna.

Then she asked him about seeing her on the holo-news as Buster was making a fuss about wanting some of his. Looking down and “glaring” at his little buddy, he scoffed. Finish yours![/COLOR[

Then finally looking back up as he took a bite of a pickle and cringed. Sorry, no. I don’t watch much news.

Making something to eat

She didn’t like the “Ma’am”, it was understandable as though he was being respectful in his upbringing, it is not always a welcome “honorific” He wasn’t going to apologize for it, like instinct dictated.

Yeah, you can thank my mother for that. I was raised to believe it would be disrespectful to not use that here and there.. Taking another bite, he slipped a piece of burnt cheese down to Buster who seemed to forget his own meal at this point. The memory about the article that was written about her made him wonder what she had done, but he would not pry, he would look it up unless she was willing to talk about it.

I’m in the presence of “celebrity”, I’m definitely calling you “Ma’am” now.. The wink was hopefully picked up on, Connell was not going to follow up on that rib.

I’m nobody special!

Making something to eat

AllianceDiscordIcon2.png

Jonyna's sarcasm slipped in without a second thought. "Alright cutie. You're pushing your luck here. Good sandwich though." Her tail flicked, brushing up against the man's side. "You're not gonna win me any favors with food though. Maybe a spar though. You dance much?"

Was she flirting?

Was she just being nice?

Should he dwell on it?

I earn my keep He was good for a spar, but spurious as to what else she was asking..

Only danced at weddings. He shrugged. Don’t get the chance to otherwise.

Making something to eat

The talk of fights should n ot have bothered Connell, but it did. Not that he was not experienced in them, true, he stood to a Sith Lord and a Mando to this point but both of them were cut short. It was something else that bothered him and he didn’t try to hide it either, maybe it was the fact that Connell had just lost his appetite and gave the rest of the first half of his sandwich to Buster.

Can we talk about something else? I’m not really comfortable talking about fighting. Not waiting to offend her, Connell felt it was important to explain fully as to why. She needed to know she could could on him should they be side by side in a fight and explaining what was going on with him would do well to explain that.

It’s not that I’m no good in a fight, but I am fresh into the field, relatively speaking. My father, he’s strong in the Force and knows well how to use a lightsaber, but that is all people pay attention to. It’s all they see when he is around. Taking a sip of milk, he shook his head. He can’t talk to anyone without people telling him off, or blowing him off unless it was about fighting. I don’t want to be that. I’m proud to be a Vanagor… but I’m also an Atreides (mother’s maiden name) and I’m Connell… that made sense in my head.[/COLOR[ He laughed nervously.

AllianceDiscordIcon2.png

Her flirtatious tone shifted, "Oh...sorry. Fighting is usually my stress reliever so..." She let out a cough and went silent for a bit. "...you like music?"

That was a dumb question. Of course he liked music. Unless he didn't. God damnit Jonyna, you're supposed to be smooth. "...ya like jazz?"

Finishing a pickle spear and grabbing another, Connell felt a little better about opening up.

Actually I do. There’s this little club on Alderaan where this one horn blower, he’s great. I mean, my parents know Dak Hobson, but… He felt like he was bragging, but it was a cool thing to talk about music.

I’m down for sparring, don’t get me wrong. I just don’t want to do the exact same things my father does, that’s all.. Taking another sip of milk, he wondered aloud. What about you?[/COLOR[ He laughed nervously.

AllianceDiscordIcon2.png

"I'm more a rock and pop kinda gal. Then again, all my music preferences are 900 years old." She let out a snort, which devolved into a giggle. "I didn't know my dad really well. He was the family hunter, so he wasn't home much. Then I found out years later my mom was a Master Shadow, so..." She let out an awkward cough. "She was the one I tried to live up to."

You share that with my parents. He laughed openly, knowing full well she probably did not know that his parents were both over 900 years old themselves.

Yeah, well my mother, she is… I don’t know what to call them… a redeemed Sith? A risen Sith? Either way, while she did not cut herself off from the Force, she doesn’t take sides now. They knew each other “back in the day” and found each other again. Connell did not want to ramble, so he shut up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom