Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Night of a Thousand Secrets (Masquerade Ball) - PM for invite

Before the Hapan Officer approached Mr. Gaillard she checked her datapad and was pleased to see a message from Raven Headquarters letting her know that Stargo Defense Enterprises were already working on a Sovereign Butterfly II. She wasn't sure that Stargo's ship would be quite as luxurious as something Gaillard could spin up but right now she might has well have been renting a ship and well that just would not do. Still she was the one who crashed the Butterfly in the first place trying to protect an arms shipment in Raven territory. She instinctively felt the small scar on her forehead where she had slammed into the bridge of the Butterfly on impact.

Tmoxin was here to keep an eye on her brother who she still hadn't seen at the party, although with the costumes he could be any one of the guests. But then again why was Alex Gaillard here? To her knowledge he dealt with the Ravens although she knew that didn't necessarily make it an exclusive partnership. Maybe that's why Cryax Bane always seemed irritated with the CEO. She knew that kind of double dealing drove her boss crazy with rage. He favored loyalty above all - she had experienced that first hand with Bane.

She went to approach Gaillard but stopped short. To her dismay, he stood far too close to the Rebel pilot which she had nearly shot in the Camp Raven prison cell. Quickly she checked her mask in a nearby mirror. It would have to be enough to disguise her. She walked over, not sure if the CEO would recognize her and said, "Hello again Mr. Gaillard." She nodded in the direction of the Miraluka pilot and the Twi'lek.

[member="Juwiela Melec"] [member="Aleksandyr Gaillard"] [member="Sannika Brynn"]

Vi'kas watched the situation from above, in the surrounding hills. He was hired by [member="Eugene Leopold"] as additional security. He watched as [member="Pauul Farrlo"] fired a bolt at the Rodian who had hired him. He also saw it ride away on a speeder. He frowned. The dirty alien fled before it completed it's mission. Despicable.

He quickly hopped onto his own bike, which he had "borrowed" from a local. It was a fast bike, which he had learned since he had acquired it. More than capable f intercepting the bounty hunter, that is.

He saw the Rodian on his bike in the near distance, and Vi'kas closed in fast. He put the engine to full power, until he was level with the hunter. He pulled a knife from his belt, and threw it right at the creature's engine. In case that missed, he pulled out a blaster pistol, firing a few well-aimed shots at the engine.

The CEO smirked, "The ugly ones? Unless we're talking Incom, or anything but Gaillard... No."

He then turned his attention to a somewhat familiar voice, turning around to see a masked figure. "Hello to you.", he remembered voices quite well and if he wasn't mistaken this was a member of the Red Ravens. Why were they here? It was the man's understanding that this party was not exactly favouring anyone but a certain group of Rebels who didn't have the warmest relationship with the syndicate.

Although, he was a bit disappointed that now everyone in a certain radius knew exactly who he was.

[member="Tmoxin Temi"] [member="Sannika Brynn"] [member="Juwiela Melec"]

So the ship with the nuclear bombs was stolen. That was unsettling. Eugene made notes on this development for his next leak. Then he logged out of his datapad so no one at the party could slice back into Wookiee Leaks while he was circulating. A bodyguard stood outside the Secret Room for good measure.

"Well Mr. Kazen, I think you are going to be a hard act to follow. But it's time for me to mingle and see who else would like to spill their secrets. Shall we?"

Eugene rose and motioned to the exit to the room. He walked out with Corruck Kazen and the door shut behind them. He then checked in with the company that was overseeing security for the party. He was furious that Dilbana Security Enterprises had already let one bounty hunter infiltrate the grounds. Luckily one of his more elite operatives [member="Vi'kas Mirtis"] was on the case and in hot pursuit of the mercenary.

He smiled at the thought of how there were teams of people scrambling to protect him. Emboldened by the notoriety, he strutted around the middle of the ballroom for awhile, drinking champagne mixed with Fizzy Bip. He couldn't wait to get another classified leak. Eugene Leopold climbed onto the stage and took the microphone, addressing the crowd:

"I want to let you all know that our unwanted party guest has been dealt with. You are all perfectly safe here, dear guests. Now does anyone else have a secret they would like to tell the galaxy?" He waved his hand in the direction of the Secret Room. "Who's next?"

[member="Sannika Brynn"] [member="Juwiela Melec"] [member="Celty Ikon"] [member="Silara"] [member="Tuesday Blues"] [member="Octavia Dominia"] [member="Corruck Kazen"] [member="Jaster of clan Awaud "][member="Darth Arcanix"] [member="Aleksandyr Gaillard"] [member="Isaac Ideus"] [member="Drapeam Nyx"] [member="Vi'kas Mirtis"] [member="Tmoxin Temi"]

The sounds of a speeder screeching to a halt was heard outside of the large mansion, along with shouting profanities and something falling to the ground. Gravis quickly reached back into the passenger seat, removing his custom Vasquez Series electric guitar. Quickly slinging the guitar strap over his shoulder, he gestured at the band's drummer with an angered expression on his face as he stared down at the drum set. Then a low grow emitted deep within his throat. "Feth it! Just fethin' get it inside! I'ma head in." Gripping onto the handle of his amp and gripping his guitar pick in the other, he quickly sprinted to the entrance of the mansion, pushing the door open and shuffling inside, followed by the rest of his fellow abominations. Only glancing over the shattered glass, he searched around franticly for the man who had hired him. He began to screech loudly, "WHERE THE FETH IS LEOPOLD!?" He shouted. He had simply been hired to show up and provide entertainment and had not received any physical description of his employer. Gravis was dressed in filthy jeans, combat boots, and a sleeveless denim vest.

[member="Eugene Leopold"].

wgbm2m0.png
Octavia Dominia wore no mask to the Night of a Thousand Secrets event on Dilbana. The notorious Nar Shaddaa infochant, known around Hutt space as the Promenade Princess, had no reason to keep her identity a secret. The curvaceous infochant did not keep secrets, she collected them and spilled them. For the right amount of credits, of course. The classified information Octavia possessed did not end up plastered all over someone's blog in an obvious and desperate cry for attention. Her secrets were whispered in back rooms and bedrooms, and had ushered in everything from an innocuous but costly divorce to a cruel throat-slitting.

Octavia arrived fashionably late as usual. As she entered the lavish Dilbana mansion that had been renovated by [member="Eugene Leopold"], she heard Eugene's pleas for more guests to spill their secrets in his weird little room. She might spill a tale or two, she hadn't decided yet. For the Promenade Princess, entering Eugene's secret room was akin to a famous artist painting a masterpiece for charity. The infochant would rather make an even exchange, and as she had been working for Red Ravens President Cryax Bane lately and had lots of tidbits about the little red birdies, the Rebels in attendance might be just the types of merchants that she could barter with.

Eugene heard his last name being shouted in the main ballroom. That type of shouting normally proceeded the Wookiee Leaks founder being punched, shot at or chased so he glanced around apprehensively but then was relieved to see it was the band he had hired as entertainment.

"Great, great, love the costumes," he said to the band as he come over to them. Or well it could be their regular clothing it was hard to tell. "You can set up over there," Eugene added motioning to the stage. "The bar is open." Although the band already seemed well on the way to inebriation.

"Anything you need, just ask the wait staff. Also I realize we didn't negotiate on payment. What do you boys charge?"

[member="Gravis Vasquez"]

He glanced over to the drummer of the band, a confused expression on his face when the man said "Costumes" but he ignored it, turning back to his employer. "If we play for the whole night...what about 1200 credits?" He asked, tapping the body of his guitar. He motioned for his band to set up on the stage before he glanced back to the man once more. "1200 for a venue this big, and will play for the rest of the night, is that alright with you?" He asked. He continued to glance back to the stage then back to the man.

[member="Eugene Leopold"]

"Works for me," Eugene said. He had plenty of credits to burn from Wookiee Leaks donations. He bowed his head to the band and left them to set up, mic check and all those sorts of things that rock bands did. He just hoped they didn't break anything or Dilbert Cotton, the mansion owner would be quite angry.

Eugene surveyed the party searching for someone to mingle with. Well there's a fetching little lady hanging out all by herself, he thought, his eyes alighting on [member="Octavia Dominia"]. He didn't recognize her and she wore no disguise. Before any other men had a chance to talk to her, he made a beeline for her and introduced himself, kissing her hand. Then he said: "Baby, get rid of my GPS. I'm about to get lost in your eyes," he said using one of his go-to pickup lines. It never worked which was strange but that was because women were so picky. Not because he wasn't suave and romantic.

[member="Gravis Vasquez"] [member="Octavia Dominia"]

He nodded to the man, running up to the stage. He climbed up onto the stage, quickly plugging in his amp and distortion pod, then the microphone. He set the microphone up on a stand, leaning back some before glancing over to the drummer, then the bassist. He leaned forward into the microphone...

"ARE ALL OF Y'ALL READY TO FETHIN' GET YOUR BRAINS SPLATTERED WITH THE POWER OF HEAVY FETHIN' METALLL!" He screeched, quickly wailing away at his guitar, his band joining in, not even bothering to mic check. "CAN'T YA SEE ,THAT I'M EASILY...BOTHERED BY PERSISTENCE! ONE STEP FROM LASHING OUT YOU! YOU WANT IN, TO GET UNDER MY SKIN AND CALL YOURSELF A FRIEND! I'VE GOT MORE FRIENDS LIKE YOU, WHAT DO I DO? IS THERE NO STANDARD ANYMORE? WHAT IT TAKES, WHO I AM, WHERE I'VE BEEN, BELONG! YOU CAN'T BE SOMETHING YOU'RE NOT! BE YOURSELF, BY YOURSELF! STAY AWAY FROM ME! A LESSON LEARNED IN LIFEEEEE! KNOWN FROM THE DAWN OF TIME!" He continued playing, pausing before beginning to sing. "RE...SPECT...WALK! WHAT DID YOU SAY!?"

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
Dilbana, in the middle of Raven territory even. The balls on this guy, strictly speaking Khaleel didn’t do much business with the Rebel Alliance. Strictly speaking, he didn’t do much business with the Ravens either, but in days like these… strict speaking wasn’t entirely the norm anymore. He wasn’t all that interested in the party, nor the reasons for throwing it, nah, what he cared about was the people currently attending, the players who were slowly popping up, out and sideways the show.

Wasn’t that Khal was planning something, but being prepared and knowing who and what?

Could mean all the difference in the world. Wasn’t a secret that Malvern wasn’t a big fan of the Ravens, uneasy truce between Bane and him had created a new fragile power structure on Nar Shaddaa itself. Now… these Alliance folks, perhaps they could be a future asset against Bane and his cronies, or perhaps they would prove to be a new thorn in his side.

Whoever knew these days, no?

Dressed in his usual attire, a duster - recently dry cleaned - his best worst white shirt and a slightly ruffled red tie accompanied the smoke of the cigarette he expelled as Khaleel entered the mansion. A few things stood out immediately, one of them was Octavia; working her charm on the host herself. She received a nod from him, maybe even a wink if she was quick enough to grab it.

He wouldn’t disturb her work, she would find him when she was done. Instead Khal took the first few steps towards the main event. Might be he could find something interesting to do in the meanwhile.

Who knew these days.

[member="Eugene Leopold"] [member="Octavia Dominia"] @Y'all

The Rodian's speeder exploded in a blaze of glory. The blast sent Vi'kas and his speeder careening away, almost tossing him off of the bike. Luckily, he managed to stay on. He smelled burning flesh, probably the alien's. The threat was neutralized. He turned the bike around, speeding back to the luxurious mansion. He knew that other would come, and he would end them.

First, he got into his own "costume." It was actually a set of Obsidian Knight stealth armor, with an added balaclava. He had not yet found the time to completely mod it, but soon he would. In the meantime, this'd have to do.

3647579-img_0268.png

He grabbed his Stiletto rifle, and climbed into the loft of the mansion. He tucked himself into a corner, and waited. He turned on the suit's active camo, so nobody would see him. Once a threat arose, he would swiftly eliminate it.

When Eugene Leopold sauntered up planted a kiss on her hand and then graced her with what had to have been the cheesiest pick up line she ever heard, her eyes rolled. Epically. Then she forced her glossy lips into a wide, pageant queen smile.

"Well, well, well, Mr. Leopold of Wookiee Leaks fame. It's nice to make your acquaintance." she said in her low smoky voice, drawing back her hand and holding it as if it had been bitten by a Rakghoul. "Octavia Dominia at your service."

Octavia got right down to business, lest Mr. Leopold got the wrong idea. "I have quite a bit of information on the big blue queen, that I would simply love to share. But what can you give me in return?" she asked with a coy tilt of her head.

Out of the corner of her eye, she noticed a familiar duster-clad, smoke-clouded figure. [member="Khaleel Malvern"] himself. It was no surprise that Mr. Malvern would be in attendance. He and Bane were the best of frenemies, but anyone could guess that Malvern would have pushed the Chiss off a cliff if given the chance. The night certainly got more interesting in any case, but Khaleel and Octavia had secrets between them that would not be reaching anyone's ears. She looked Khaleel's way and gave him a subtle raise of her brow that suggested they connect when both of them made their rounds.

Frankly, the infochant was a bit miffed that her reputation apparently hadn't reached a dirtball such as Dilbana yet, but from the looks of the planet, it was eons behind the times anyhow. What the Red Ravens had wanted with this swamp-infested Hutt hole was anyone's guess.

Eugene looked briefly over at the metal band that began playing and cringed. It wasn't to his taste - he preferred the Tatooine Blues himself. But I bet the pilots will like it, he thought!

However it was a good enough excuse to get Octavia into a more private location. Taking the attractive woman gently by her slender elbow (so soft!), he led her towards the direction of the Secret Room. "I'm overjoyed to know that you've heard of me," he said. "You know what, Octavia. Some days I think I've just heard just about all there is to know about the Ravens. And then you come along and surprise me." He gave her a predatory smile. "And what do I want in return? I would like to think that over in the Secret Room if you will join me for a drink."

They stood in the doorway to the Secret Room which she could see was furnished in all red velvet with low-lighting and long dark curtains draped around. It resembled a boudoir in the dancer's district of Nar Shaddaa. "Or if you prefer we could go outside and into the hedge maze." This type of conversation with any woman could be seen as akin to a date in Eugene's mind. Yes he and Octavia were now on a date together.

[member="Octavia Dominia"]

Octavia had heard tales of Eugene's creepiness, but had always had a feeling they were embellished. As he put his greasy paw on her elbow and led her to his "room of secrets," she knew that she was wrong. The infochant made a face as she looked through the doorway. The inside of the "secrets room" would make an interior decorator die of shock. So tacky.

"Mr. Leopold," she said, yanking her arm away from him, then pretending to smooth out her dress in the hopes that he wouldn't notice how skeeved-out she was. "I will have a drink with you in your 'secrets room.' But only if you tell me a secret first." To emphasize her point, she put one finger deliberately on his chest and gave him a wink.

Using the Force, the infochant sent out a little psychic nudge to Khaleel, a mental S.O.S. that she might need a bit of 'rescuing.' Malvern knew full well that she could take care of herself. The woman was a tough broad, but she also didn't want to get thrown out of the party for kneeing the host in the groin. It might be best if he stepped in and played the protective boyfriend/brother/lover routine.

[member="Eugene Leopold"] [member="Khaleel Malvern"]

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
[member="Eugene Leopold"] [member="Octavia Dominia"]

Darlin.’ came the metaphorical angel of rescue in term. Khaleel had been just busy pondering boots and a certain young lady when a mental nudge had made him aware of a little situation brewing, my, my… didn’t Octavia work rather quickly. She clearly wasn’t in the mood for taking her time today, which was all fine with him. The angel went one further and closed in, solidifying into a warm kiss on her cheek. Stuble brushed soft skin and the tone was set, this one wasn’t for sell.

After putting his hand on her lower back and giving her a wink, Khaleel finally took note of the man standing before them. One of his brows raised and he pondered, before finally whispering loudly and rather playfully into the distance of Octavia’s ear.

I know I said scruffy, sweetheart. But you have really picked the biggest bush in town, no?

That delivered he finally extended his hand for a shake and nodded towards the guy.

Mister Leopold, a pleasure. Khaleel Malvern.’

Octavia's slight touch alone was enough to give him visible shivers. Little did she know that if she kneed him in the groin it would put him in traction for a week.
And now here came this straw-haired buffoon out of nowhere muscling in on his lady. His new Mrs. Leopold because he kind of went there and while she was jabbering away, he had a fantasy going on in his head where they picked out rings and made honeymoon plans. Dammit why did this always happen?!? He was just going in for the kill and now...

"The pleasure is all mine," Eugene said, shaking the other man's hand through gritted teeth. He turned to Octavia and tried to edge the other guy out of the conversation as he talked to her. "A secret from me, eh?"

"I have lots of secrets to tell but only to people who will keep them." He shot an angry glance at the interloper who had his hand on the small of Octavia's back. "And the rules are that all secrets are told in the Secret Room. One on one. Just you and I," he emphasized the you and I.

Let's see if this joker tries to stop me, he thought.

[member="Octavia Dominia"] [member="Khaleel Malvern"]

Vi'kas suddenly felt a disturbance in the force. Someone's call for help. He watched as some guy entered the room the signal was coming from. His cybernetic eye scanned the man, IDing him as [member="Khaleel Malvern"] . Vi'kas went invisible, and crept closer to the room. He turned his thermal vision on, so he could see the heat digs through the wall.
[member="Eugene Leopold"] [member="Octavia Dominia"]

Pyxis Salm

Partypopping Politician
Unusually for Pyxis, he was late. His plans had been delayed when he met this girl who was just absolutely stunning. That toom a whole night he couldn't get back. Now, he was hurrying through the crowd, his mask barely on as he ran to the back stage to get ready. At least, that was the plan. Then he heard what he thought was a Trandoshan being burned alive.

He stopped in his tracks, the sound hitting him like a freight train. The mic wasn't working properly, the guitar sounded out of tune, and the singer was howling like a monkey. Classic trademarks of metal. He rolled his eyes as he resumed his travel to the staging area. At least the crowd could be soothed by his voice, which Was smooth like silk.

He finally staggered into the backstage area, one hand over his ears as he finally shut the door against the wall of noise. Trying to ignore the sound leaking through the door, he prepped his own voice, getting ready to steal the show from the headbanging, guitarbreaking, mic-exploding cretin out there.

@Vi'kas Mirtis[member="Eugene Leopold"][member="Khaleel Malvern"][member="Octavia Dominia"][member="Gravis Vasquez"]

He continued wailing away at his guitar, stopping only to repeatedly spin the tremolo, creating a screech, before continuing to play, before beginning to screech once again. "YOU TAKE A MORTAL MAN!" After every line, he picked at two strings before continuing. "...And you put 'em in control! WATCH HIM BECOME A GOD! WATCH AS HEADS A' ROLL! A' ROLL! A' ROLLLLL! WE DANCE LIKE MARIONETTES SWINGIN' TO THE SYMPHONY...OF DESTRUCTION!" He then jumped into a guitar solo, longer than needed, before continuing. "ACTIN' LIKE A ROBOT! IT'S METAL BRAIN CORRODES! YOU TRY TO TAKE IT'S PULSE...BEFORE IT'S HEAD EXPLODES! EXPLODES! EXPLOOOOOODES!"

[member="Pyxis Salm"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom