Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Night Club of Sin--the Angel's Den (Open To All)

It had been achingly long since Morgana last fed, and what better a place than a bar. Where everyone was dancing, yelling, singing, drinking, and snorting. No one would notice, or they would, in which case there would still be no problem. She made sure her sabers were concealed sufficiently under her robe, and pushed the door open to go inside. The stench of substances was nothing new to her, but she could smell the emotions as well. Most if not all were cloudy and suppressed, and the other few were sad and dim. If there were any good ones they were being masked by the aroma of the bad ones. The first thing she saw was what seemed like a burly fish monster, and hell he seemed like the least disgusting thing in this joint. She approached cautiously behind him. Very steadily her energy spread to her finger tips, and they came to rest quickly on the fishes big arm. Pushing what she could into him (which happened to be quite a lot), she began to speak. "Would you like to buy me a drink? You're the only good thing in this bar I see..." She glanced around quickly at the stripping women and ugly men throwing cash, then turned back towards the fish, ushering some more energy into him, "Could I second my own opinion do you think?" She smiled. Of course to him she would most likely not look humanoid, unless that's what he really wished to see in a woman. Her power flowed out of her finger tips into him, and she mustered up a beautiful vision for him to see, maybe she was a stunning woman, or possibly a man, never the less she was whatever he wanted to see her as.

[member="Ghorua the Fish"] [member="Nim Stagnol"] [member="Sasha Voss"] [member="Anara Valnor"] [member="James Justice"]

Ghorua had just been drinking his new beer when he felt someone touching his arm. Albeit, everyone in this bar seemed to accidentally bump into him. Then he heard the woman speak. He felt her words wash over him refreshingly, like a warm shower. He turned around, and immediately caught his breath.

It was a human woman, no taller than 5'3'', with long flowing blonde hair. She wore tight-fitted black armor, complimenting her features. Her eyes were a vibrant green, like staring through a leaf at a star. Her touch felt electric, as if it radiated energy. She was beautiful, stunning, perfect. Almost as if Ghorua's dream partner had materialized in front of him. After she finished talking, Ghorua the Fish stared at her suspiciously. Nobody was nice to him without a reason. Especially extremely attractive petite human women. Well, I might as well see what she wants.

"Of course," he said, waving to the bartender, who walked away to get a drink. "So, you think I'm good-looking, eh? You ain't bad yourself," he said, looking her up and down. The Herglic's deep bass voice resonated within him powerfully.

[member="Morgana Belcourt"]

[member="Ghorua the Fish"]
[member="Nyx"]

The large human blinks then looks down as the light glimmering off the stubby barrel of a bryar pistol as the techno colored light moved back and forth changing against it as it presses more into the human’s leg. A gritting of the teeth was given before he slid his blaster away from the Duros’ face.

“Fine..ya didn’t cheat..” he spat out then sat down.

A smile was given by pressing his mouth shut and moving those nearly non-existent thin lips into a smirk then retracts his own weapon. “Good lad. I will take my chip and part.”

A mix of aliens and humans alike who were sitting at the table around the two threatening patrons just watched then seemed to ease a little as the standoff seemed to come to an end. A long somewhat thin green-blue arm concealed behind the brown sleeve cups around the chips and slides them into a bag. Nim simply turns, slings it over his shoulder and paces away but does hear the giant of a human who threaten him says something just loud enough for Nim to hear under the music.

“What you’re back…Duros filth.” Which only made Nim grin wider.

Morgana smiled sweetly, it didn't take much and the fish was already caught. She gestured over to the back room, "Maybe we can talk back there? I'd like to get to know you better- sorry I forgot to ask your name?" She at least had the courtesy to know who she was going to suck the life out of before she performed the deed. After learning his name she pointed once more to the back room, "Shall we?" She took her hand off his arm, she'd placed enough magic on him to last a day if she needed, but it wouldn't take that long. She began to strut over to the room, shooting a look at him to follow, then disappeared behind the curtain.

Something clicked in Ghorua's brain as she walked away. Somehow, his view of her didn't quite match with the actions she was doing. His dream partner didn't want to get frisky with him on the first date, especially before she introduced herself. She was supposed to get to know him, perhaps go on a few dates... For this reason alone, he didn't tell her his real name. Not until he was sure she was the one. "The name's Heloi."

His mind cleared slightly, but not enough to suspect anything was amiss. The Herglic beckoned her back over. "Excuse me, miss, you misunderstand my intentions," he said, shaking his head slightly as a wave of dizziness overtook him. As much as he wanted to go in there and have a good time with a beautiful girl, that wasn't what he desired in a woman. "I just want to have a few drinks with you, get to know you better. For example, what's your name? What do you go by?" Her grip on his mind wavered as the illusion began to lose cohesion. The only way to save the link would be to play the part of Ghorua's love interest, and that love interest didn't want sex, that was obvious.

She peaked her head back out from behind the curtain, "Pardon the misunderstanding! I just have some drinks ordered and a secluded table back here, I wanted a place with less noise, my apologies..." She pretended to look embarrassed. "Sometimes I get flustered and say things I don't mean..." She gestured again for him to follow, and ducked back behind the curtain.

Ghorua felt his headache receed as the woman corrected herself. Shrugging, he picked up his drink, and followed her to the secluded room. He still felt a slight tinge at the back of his brain, but couldn't identify it.

Once inside, Ghorua bowed to her cordially. The space was smaller than anticipated, so much that he had to squeeze his body through the doorway, and the area was quite cramped. The space was well refurbished, with one big sofa in the middle, obviously meant for two. Standing at the doorway, Ghorua smiled at the extremely attractive woman. "Heloi, simple bodyguard, at your service. And you are?"

"I'm Morgan, I had a tough day today, so I figured this would be a nice place to blow off steam..." She said to him, taking a seat on the couch and crossing her legs, then picking up a glass from the small table next to her. "Try this cocktail, I promise you won't regret it, it's simply delicious..." She gestured for the large fish man to take it while she reached for the other glass with her other hand. She smiled nicely, "So Heloi, you're a body guard? What kind of bodies do you guard? I should hope live ones correct?" She swished the drink around in her hand, and rested her head on the other which was propped up on the arm of the couch. She noticed the trouble he was having in he room, the fact that he had to position himself a certain way to fit through the door, and that his width was almost that of the room itself so to speak. If he tried to run, it would be difficult. She took a sip of her own drink and gazed at Ghorua attentively while waiting for a response.

"Ha, yeah, nobody's died under my watch yet." Ghorua opted to stand next to the couch, and not sit. He would most likely break it. He picked up the drink she offered, and examined it. A pink liquid frothed around in it, inviting. He tried a sip, and immediately regretted his decision. Going straight from a bitter beer to a fruity drink wasn't kind on his tastebuds.

He returned her stare with a mild suspicion. There was something... off here. No decent-looking woman would ever want to talk with him without wanting something. The way she was acting made no suggestion of that, but that just made him more suspicious. Well, might as well ask it now. No reason waiting any longer.

"So, what do you find good about me, Morgan? Forgive me if I seem a bit... inquisitive, or insulting, but... I am a half-ton of muscle and ugly. Not just anyone comes to talk to me. Unless they want something." He let his suspicion become apparent. He wouldn't have even came into this room with her, but he was a bit buzzed, and something just felt right about it.

"To be honest you remind me of home..." It was possibly the first thing she hadn't lied about the whole night, and with it came a frown deep enough to show her internal pain. It took her a second to realize she had been frowning, and quickly corrected herself. "I had many friends who were Herglic where I used to live, we just didn't call them that..." She managed a smile, in an attempt to mask her hatred and anguish, she had only hoped it worked. She was almost disgusted with herself, after over 700 years she was still weak, still dwelling on the past. "I lived there for quite a long time..." She explained. "I guess I grew accustomed to the race, and I grew used to seeing the inside of a person..." All of these things she was saying... She didn't know why, she was a Witch, and a Sith above that. This kind of futile emotion... Sadness... It was vile. Here was her prize, standing right near her. She completely blocked out the feeling, the ideas and memories completely banished from her mind, and along with it, her remorse. The Herglic was something she would feast on, and discard. The pain that might have been showing on her face, had vanished, and her ruse had started once again, flashing a sweet smile at Ghorua, she continued, "I guess you could say you're my type!"

Every bar is a place to begin
again.
New light, old sweat,
women and words and waste

"Dammit. No."

He was sure he had written something exactly like that before. He crumpled the napkin and tossed it aside.

Henry Miriam Chinko was drunk.

Again.

And he always wrote the same karking thing when he was drunk.

The aging man reclined in his booth in a dark corner of the Angel's Den. He had heard of the 37.5 hour nights of Sorceras with some definite intrigue in a much quieter dive on Nar Shaddaa. This upstart Freighter King in his free time managed a massive night club where the party never ends, Hank had heard. Well, Justice owned it, at least. Hank looked up and scanned the mass of bodies crowding the establishment:

Women with little
clothes; men with lots of credits.
All wide, dumb, drunk
grins and sweat glowing in the neon light.

But the napkin was gone. Hank formed an ever-expanding cloud of cigarette smoke against the wall.

"Lucky fraks."

Hank was always content to sit alone when there was some muse left in him, but tonight it seemed to be riding out on his exhales, and all the Corellian Whiskey in James Justice's stores couldn't bring it back. He hadn't even had the impulse to seek out some female companionship.

No, Hank Chinko was alone, uninspired, and drunk.

The sincerity in the woman's voice was apparent. She obviously didn't seem afraid of him, but some other emotion seemed to be playing behind her smile as she talked. "If any of my kind... insulted you, I am sorry." Ghorua set down the drink, and looked at her seemingly sweet smile. If Ghorua knew anything about smiles, it was that they were often used to hide pain. Ghorua got the name the Fish from his fake smile. He still had that strange feeling that something was wrong, and he thought that he had figured it out.

"You seem sad. I see through that facade of a smile, Morgan. You are sad, mad, perhaps a bit confused. I know the feeling." He flashed his oily smile at her, almost mirroring hers. "My kind does not sit well with you, does it? Trust me, I would love to be something else, anything else. But, I've learned through my years that I am going to be the biggest guy in the room," his smile began to waver, "wherever I walk, and nothing can change that. But, let's put these thoughts from our minds, and enjoy the life we have, eh?"

He picked up his glass, and examined the liquid, trying to put himself back in a good mood. He was in company, and showing weakness was not something a bodyguard or a Bounty Hunter should do. He started blinking his black eyes, shooing away tears. "Well," he said, his fishy smile stronger than ever, the hint of tears beginning to vanish. "To life," the Herglic said, raising the glass in a mock toast, "and all of it's curveballs."

She was a Sith. She was merciless. This was her kill, not her friend. But even as these things played through her mind, she still seemed to find herself not abiding to them. She tried gulping down the ball that insisted on staying in her throat. She needed to ease in to the topic some how. "So, Heloi, what are your opinions on the Sith?" She asked. She already knew the answer, and the strong opinions on the Sith weren't wrongly educated either, at that moment she recollected all the lives she had taken. "You know I hear they're allowed, if not encouraged, to show emotion, unlike the Jedi." The worst part was that her being Sith wasn't even the worst part. How would she go about showing that she wasn't what he imagined, that she was a Witch. She tried making her expression genuinely curious rather than nervous. She hated this. She could easily put her hand on his thick neck and drain the life out of him right now. But she didn't. Instead she waited for an answer. But why?

Ghorua considered the question thoughtfully. "To be honest, I don't hate them. I guess you could say I have some sympathies, considering I'm not all-together liked either. In fact I think I'm better off because of them."

Ghorua began to explain things that he hadn't told anyone before. To be fair, he hadn't ever spoken with a pretty woman that was seemingly interested in him. But that wasn't it. This was the first time anyone had taken an interest in him, period. So far, everyone overlooked him, avoided him, or thanked him for something he had done. "I haven't been completely honest with you, Morgan. I'm not a bodyguard. My names not Heloi. I grew up on Courscant with my family, and we weren't exactly on the side of the law. Under the Sith, we prospered. I probably wouldn't be this well off if it wasn't for them. Do I hate them? No. Do I like them? Well, one's never done anything for me."

Pulling out his holopad, he flashed a holographic badge. The sigil was Bounty Hunter's guild. "Ghorua the Fish, certified hunter. By the looks of your armor," he said, pointing to the illusion's chestpiece, "You run in dangerous circles too. So, what's your story?"

Morgana never got nervous, but she was now. How was she supposed to tell him that she wasn't the girl of his dreams? That's not usually a scenario one sees themselves in. "Ghoruah huh? Bounty Hunter? I haven't been the most honest with you either, and as an acolyte of the Sith myself, I can say I told the truth only during our conversation here." She took a deep breath, "That is not the heaviest revelation yet. I'm... Not what you picture me as... I'm not really this beautiful. It is a cruel ruse brought on by magics... I- I am a Witch, and the last of my race." What had she met this guy twenty minutes ago and she was already telling him all her secrets? Why didn't she kill him? It would have been so much easier, it would have spared her the pain. She ran over things in her head, Sith are allowed to show emotions, they are not bound by moral code, Sith may freely integrate with others, emotions are embraced. She only found these things becoming slowly more nerve-wracking. "Look onto me Herglic, see the real me, the real flesh and blood of the last Mind-Witch." A green mist discharged around her palms as she waved them through the air in a quick motion. They enveloped her body, swirling around menacingly. The mist gave away and dissipated, revealing the woman who rest behind the facade of the mind. "I am Morgana Belcourt, agent of the Sith and the only left of my kind."

OOC: Morgana's Witch charms and heirlooms allow her to stay revitalized longer, and not require life force as often, currently she would be revealed as her younger self.

Ghorua had nodded his head knowingly as she talked. He figured she was someone of importance, and the Sith question was a bit out of place, so he had his suspicions. What he hadn't expected was for the woman to disappear in a cloud of green smoke, and reappear... Not too differently in Ghorua's eyes. The other version, the "perfect" version, had been rough-and-tumble, no-nonsense. The allure of the Sith standing before him was different than that. Ghorua still felt very attracted to her, even after the transformation, but it was more mysterious, more dangerous. Ghorua liked danger.

"Well," he said, looking the girl up and down, "You're the prettiest Sith I've ever seen. And the prettiest witch, for that matter." His incredulous expression morphed into a smile, a real smile. "And if you think for a second that I, of all people, would judge someone on their looks, you would be deceiving yourself."

With his grin still radiating, he stuck out his hand to shake. "Well then, Morgan, I propose we start over, now that we're being honest. Hello, I'm Ghorua Balin. And you are?" His expression was playful, and inviting.

She attempted a smile, "Morgana Belcourt, or better known as Darth Songburner." She was a Sith, she was allowed to have emotions, she was no Jedi. "I wasn't lying either when I said I learned to see inside of people, I kind of had to considering I was someone else every day, I learned to see past someone's shell." Thinking she'd cleared the air for a moment, a thought suddenly struck her. What about her age? "Actually there's one last thing I should say... I'm not particularly... young." She took a deep breath in, "I may or may not be your age... Times 400..."

Ghorua blinked a few times, processing the information. What did she say she was? A Mind-Witch? "Ha, you don't look a day above thirty, Morgana. You must use a lot of make-up to cover that up!" He laughed deeply, more than he had in a while. He supposed Mind-Witches were supposed to live that long, and age wasn't really something Ghorua cared about too deeply.

"Eh, it does not matter to me. I propose we enjoy the rest of our evening, with the time that we have."

Ghorua carefully picked up his drink, and took another sip. He decided to risk sitting on the couch. The Herglic was rewarded by a sharp creak, the couch not breaking into a billion shards under his weight. If she seemed willing, Ghorua would continue to make small talk, occasionally joking about respecting his elders and the like. He was determined to have a wonderful night, and there was no better way then to spend it with a beautiful girl that isn't afraid to get her hands dirty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom