Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NFU 'Alchemy'

Right... So tomorrow I'll start doing a sub so I can get things hammered out... This should be fun.... Why did my mother drop me on my head so many times when we lived under power lines next to the lead paint factory?

I think perhaps the biggest issue that [member="Uriel"] is bringing up regarding Force vs NFU is that Force users are more powerful individually, but are fewer in number canon wise.

So NFUs would in an IC representation comprise 98-99% of characters. The NFUs moreover would have a larger access to war machines, ships and armies with which to do fighting for them.
SWRP doesn't really have this balance. It has more Force Users than NFUs, and fleets and armies play only a limited role in faction conflicts.

This isn't new, and I don't think it will...or should change...but it does leave NFUs a little underwhelming when it comes to fighting Sith and Jedi.

I support a means by which weapons could be created to combat this, but as Silara has said it will require extensive work and approval is by no means guaranteed.

Valiens Nantaris said:
I think perhaps the biggest issue that [member="Uriel"] is bringing up regarding Force vs NFU is that Force users are more powerful individually, but are fewer in number canon wise.

So NFUs would in an IC representation comprise 98-99% of characters. The NFUs moreover would have a larger access to war machines, ships and armies with which to do fighting for them.
SWRP doesn't really have this balance. It has more Force Users than NFUs, and fleets and armies play only a limited role in faction conflicts.

This isn't new, and I don't think it will...or should change...but it does leave NFUs a little underwhelming when it comes to fighting Sith and Jedi.

I support a means by which weapons could be created to combat this, but as Silara has said it will require extensive work and approval is by no means guaranteed.
Bring. It. On.

challenge-accepted_barney.jpg

Valiens Nantaris said:

Nailed it.

I'm of the mind that with enough development everything(within reason) is possible.

Silara Kuhn said:
I am being adamant that the alternative that was given was easier and completed the same request with less time spent on it.
"it's not about the prize at the end. Its about the journey that got you there."

[member="Vivienne Zambrano"], For Science!!!

[member="Ijaat Akun"], You can do it bro. I believe in you. If you need help with any of the actual dev thread, I am sure I can plug my alt [member="Reclaimer"] in there since Xander doesn't really need this sort of thing.

[member="Silara Kuhn"], I don't really give two poodoos about how he does it. if he does it, he will be the Father of Non-Force User Alchemy, and he well deserves his title of an Inventor, and Inovator. As I said, its not about the end result, its the path that he takes.

"I didn't fail at making the lightbulb. I just found 10,000 ways not to make it."

With that in mind. I support him and however he does this. As well, this will give him something to do and something to look forward to at the end of the day. Something to take pride in. Every submission that I get approved makes me happier becuase it allowed me to do something that somebody else looked at and said "Hey, that is cool." And in the time that I have been working with Akun, there are so many things in which I feel like I pale incomparison to his knowledge of all that is here on the board.

I have a high respect for him. So, if you wouldn't mind. Please stop posting here about how/why it may be wrong or take a long time, and just let him do it how he wants. It he wants to make a 100+ thread about the creation of this new Synthsis of Alchemy, LET HIM! its his choice to do that. So many people in this life just want the quickest and easiest way to get what they want. When I believe they should work harder and harder for it. Even if they don't need to, it gives them something to work on. And to take pride in.

All the famous inventors and creators and famous people who have show us how the world, universe and everything in it works were once told things like you are telling Akun. "It's not possible" "It takes too long" "Its easier to do this." "Why would you ever want to do that?" and most of all. "Why waste your time?" And they are not waisting their time. I come on this site to have fun every day of my life. And I have been for the past two years I have been here. I enjoy almost every moment here on the board. Even if I lost, was denied, or got into an argument. Becuase those moments build us up. I don't care if you have been beaten down, told you can't do anything or straight up failed. It is in those moments that they force us to make decisions that could make or break who they are.

And the best part is!

They do it. NO MATTER THE COST.

Shawn Out!
*Mic drop*

Xander Carrick said:
[member="Silara Kuhn"], I don't really give two poodoos about how he does it. if he does it, he will be the Father of Non-Force User Alchemy, and he well deserves his title of an Inventor, and Inovator. As I said, its not about the end result, its the path that he takes.

"I didn't fail at making the lightbulb. I just found 10,000 ways not to make it."

With that in mind. I support him and however he does this. As well, this will give him something to do and something to look forward to at the end of the day. Something to take pride in. Every submission that I get approved makes me happier becuase it allowed me to do something that somebody else looked at and said "Hey, that is cool." And in the time that I have been working with Akun, there are so many things in which I feel like I pale incomparison to his knowledge of all that is here on the board.

I have a high respect for him. So, if you wouldn't mind. Please stop posting here about how/why it may be wrong or take a long time, and just let him do it how he wants. It he wants to make a 100+ thread about the creation of this new Synthsis of Alchemy, LET HIM! its his choice to do that. So many people in this life just want the quickest and easiest way to get what they want. When I believe they should work harder and harder for it. Even if they don't need to, it gives them something to work on. And to take pride in.

All the famous inventors and creators and famous people who have show us how the world, universe and everything in it works were once told things like you are telling Akun. "It's not possible" "It takes too long" "Its easier to do this." "Why would you ever want to do that?" and most of all. "Why waste your time?" And they are not waisting their time. I come on this site to have fun every day of my life. And I have been for the past two years I have been here. I enjoy almost every moment here on the board. Even if I lost, was denied, or got into an argument. Becuase those moments build us up. I don't care if you have been beaten down, told you can't do anything or straight up failed. It is in those moments that they force us to make decisions that could make or break who they are.

And the best part is!

Shawn Out!
*Mic drop*
I think you're confusing whom I was replying to after my suggestion with Ijaat.

I've also never stated anything here isn't possible. I've given my suggestion, he liked it but found it wasn't what he was looking for. Nothing I've stated was directed at him, except that Ultrachrome and Pyronium combined together would be an amazing invention and he should do such.

Xander Carrick said:

And the best part is!

Shawn Out!
*Mic drop*
CBR4fuTVIAATnaY.jpg

Lets all play nice now... Silara wasn't addressing me in a lot of her comments, she and I spoke at a pretty good length on Skype about things and she's been instrumental in pointing out some flaws and hurdles the process will undergo and helping me plan. So I want to publicly thank her for the mountain of support and ideas she gave me once we worked out who meant what.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom