Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Trailer

[member="Enoch Zambrano"]

have made me go insane... by posting this trailer.

DXlTpK8.gif

I have a theory about Episode 7 which is probably 100% false but speculation is fun!

We've not seen Luke clearly, not even once. He had a voice over in the second trailer, and a half shot implied to be him with R2-D2...but whilst everyone else has appeared he hasn't. This trailer has solidified my theory.

Kylo Ren is Luke. That's my theory, and I've seen no spoilers or anything, so just a guess.

My theory is that either at the start of this movie or in a flashback we learn that Luke fell to the Dark Side and there is something they need to fix. I posited time travel at one point, that's possible, since JJ loves that. The other possibility is alternate dimensions.

Either way, there has to be a reason they are still fighting these neo-Imperials 30 years later, and I think it's because the Rebels were beaten with the aid of a turned Luke and so Han and Leia are playing the Obi-Wan role for their daughter (?).

We'll see how wrong I am in 2 months. :p

I'm interested to hear theories, but I do not want actual spoilers.

[member="Valiens Nantaris"] Well that IS interesting. :D

Such a wonderful trailer. Doesn't give too much away. Still leaves us with things/characters we want more of.

It's like the best fullest-teaser-non teaser trailer ever. And that music at the end, god that got me.

Looks nothing but stunning and full of superb acting talent.

So many questions. I guess if you count the time from Episode 3 through 7 as one continuous time where Jedi were rare and next to unheard of...that may explain why it is all so surprising to Rey and Finn when they hear that it was all real.

Has the Force literally been dormant since Palpatine, Vader and Yoda died? Does that mean that Luke has been disconnected from it? Who is Rey crying over? Is that Han that Leia is hugging? ("Hold me.")

So many questions...

[member="Baros Sal-Soren"] As that first voice-over suggested, "There has been an awakening." so you could be right, the Force and the Jedi / Sith have been dormant.

It's interesting that it's Han Solo who appears to tell the younger generation that "the stories" are true, and the Dark Side and Jedi exist. It comes over that the Rebels v Empire era of the original trilogy is stuff of legends and quite possibly there is no Jedi Order, and maybe Luke has taken a different path than what we'd expect.

This seems to be the era where the Dark Side fanatics are more in a favourable position than the Light, and that the Resistance is made more of a large fighting NFU military force with little Jedi help (I wonder if Leia uses it at all or has ignored her ability).

And it does look like Leia and Han share an embrace, and I can't help to think it looks like Chewie is who Rey appears to be crying over?! Only from what I see in the trailer, I could be very wrong - this is just my observation.

Ohhhhhhh is it December yet? :D

Very much doubt that Kylo is Luke considering Mark Hamill isn't playing Kylo, someone else is.

But I guess we'll see what's up when the movie comes out.

Trailer was amazing. I'm stoked for those starfighter combat scenes.

I heard some rumors and theories myself, [member="Valiens Nantaris"]

Kylo Ren and Rey are both twins (perhaps Luke's considering Kylo Ren's obsession with Vader ((which would make Vader his grandfather if the former was true)) ).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom