Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Socks

[member="Kira Talith"]

"Mother." Her voice suddenly became very stern. "This is not funny. They do not look great."

Aela grumbled the words, clearly not pleased one bit by this situation.

"They look like they're about to pop out and start showing to the world, not to mention...not to mention these!" She half turned and waved to her shorts, if one could even really call them that. Aela more felt like she was wearing underwear. The pants were so short, well they weren't at all pants. They barely stretched over her behind to cover just the tip of the top of her thigh, her coat actually being longer than the shorts that the woman chose to wear.

The outfit as a whole was utterly ridiculous.

How was anyone supposed to go out into public like this? How was she supposed to run? Fight? How was anyone supposed to do anything like this?

Kira Talith

Kinetic Communication at its finest my Chick-e-dee
[member="Aela Talith"]

Well, your father had something different to say about that when I wore it...

Oh but that wouldn't be the best thing to say to Esmae, granted, the half smirk would tell Devin all that he'd need to know. "They won't pop out." she would move forward to assure Aela, attempting to placate her.

"You can even jump over fences with them!" Aela likely wouldn't believe that, but that push up bra had seen many vigorous sessions out in the field. Plus it made such a handy pocket too!

"The shorts aren't so bad." Aela was lithe and willowy, all subtle curves. Granted, the booty shorts showed off a bit of them in a way that her armor rarely ever did.

"Besides... you are going to have to learn to get used to wearing them, sweetie." well this was an odd conversation to have with their daughter. Normally one would want them to not have to dress like a ten credit Cafarel.

"Look how tense you are already." she would gesture at her body posture, shaking her head. "Relax... I did this for years and I turned out alright!"

That sunny smile would shine up at Aela.

Granted, we won't mention that her very nature and her job resulted in Aela's aunt kidnapping Kira, torturing her, and almost killing her as a result.

[member="Kira Talith"]

She frowned, still not convinced. Aela knew that this was not the worst of it, she knew that this was only the beginning. The clothes were only a small portion of what made Elizabeth Castille into what she was, the greater portion of it was the way she acted, the way she carried herself, and the way she looked in these clothes. As she cast her gaze towards the nearby mirror Aela instantly knew that she couldn't do it, at least not yet. Even wearing the same clothes she looked nothing like Miss Castille.

A frown pulled at her lips, but a slow sigh escaped her.

"Okay." It was a quiet acceptance, but an acceptance.

The young Marshall took a breath, closing her eyes for a moment so that she could regain her center. A trickle of the force entered her, just a small bit. The relaxing nature of the lightside seemed to carry throughout her and as another long sigh escaped her Aela managed to regain some of her patience. Her features softened slightly, the bit of annoyance and anger slipped away, and she took back her focus. "Alright. What's first?"

She looked at her father, who was now smiling for a different reason.

Aela still wanted to bury herself, still wanted to hide, but she knew that dwelling on it wouldn't help, knew that she had to push past it.

Kira Talith

[member="Aela Talith"]

“That’s my girl!” Kira was a proud momma at that. Reaching up, she couldn’t help but move up on her tippy toes to give her eldest a kiss on the cheek. Beaming with a grin from ear to ear, she would clap her hands all giddy again.

“Okay!” she began, nudging Aela over towards the floating panel of holoscreens, holovideos, and Miss Castille herself.

“She was born on Chroma Zed, from a family that has been part of the crime syndicate scene for a while now.” her arm extended, fingers splayed, working to bring a few of the screens into focus.

“So she’s well used to being where she is. Confident, but with an affluent ‘I’m untouchable’ sort of way.”

[member="Kira Talith"]

She frowned.

That was something she could pull off, she thought. A lot of people said she already carried herself much like royalty, that she had that face of stoicism and the upright stiffness to her body that just screamed nobility. Perhaps Miss Castille was the same, save perhaps being crime royalty. She shifted slightly, watching the screens that her mother manipulated carefully. Her eyes set on Elizabeth Sabene Castille, wandering closely to the way she arched her back and moved her legs.

Aela tried to imitate that.

She tried to shift herself in these odd clothes, feeling them stretch slightly as she hunched just a little bit and pulled her head upright to match Miss Castille's posture almost exactly.

It felt awkward, almost unnatural, but it was dead on. Aela frowned slightly, looking at her father who had that same smile on his face. It was clear that he wouldn't be the one doing the instructing, though he sitll lingered. "Like this?"

Aela's words were hesitant.

Kira Talith

[member="Aela Talith"]

Kira’s grin would broaden.

“Good! That’s good honey!” there was still a bit of her Lorrdian roots yet! The elder blonde would pad barefooted around Aela, trying to get as much detail as she could.

“She tends to rest on her right hip. A lot of hand gestures.” which wouldn’t be new to Aela as her mother did the exact thing.

“A rolling hip walk from what I can see.” a glance went over to Sol, “What do you think?”

[member="Kira Talith"]

Her father nodded, agreeing with what her mother said.

Aela didn't walk like that.

Not at all like that.

She walked with a straight purpose, like a warrior. She had to keep the balls of her feet on the ground at all times in order to steady herself for any attack that might come. It was a subtle thing, but one that most fighters would understand. Aela was ready at all times. The way Miss Castille walked made her vulnerable to falling over, being struck down, and half a dozen other things. It also made her more alluring, pleasing to look at when she moved from one place to the other. That was of course the purpose of the walk, though Aela had no idea if she could pull it off.

"I don't know if I can do that." Aela said taking a step forward, gently biting her lip. "It's...unnatural."

She tried to take another step, tried to mimic the way that Miss Castille walked.

Kira Talith

[member="Aela Talith"]

“You have a natural center of balance when you are fighting Aela. This is no different.” her mother would tell her. “It is just that you are overthinking it.”

Kira went to stand alongside her daughter, then with a fluidity that would make one wonder just -how- much practice the Lorrdian had, her petite legs would have her stride with that overconfident rolling gait Miss Castille used.

“Keep your mind free of distractions. You have to -be- Elizabeth, dear...” her voice was different, that Chroam Zed accent floating from her lips, a small smile lingering there.

The sweeping gesture of the right hand would land on her hip, jutting out as her chin rose. Despite her diminutive stature, made her appear as if she was looking down her patrician nose at Aela.
“Saavy?”

[member="Kira Talith"]

"Yeah. I know." Aela nodded her head, and took her mothers advice.

That was how it went, for hours, they practiced, Aela shifted her stance, changed how she moved. It went fast, with Soliael eventually moving to the other side of the room to watch. Every now and again he would leave or Aela's mother would go and fetch something. They practiced and practiced until the sun came down, then they ate together and practiced some more. It was tiring, more exhausting than practicing with blades in the hot Sullust sun.

It yielded results however, and by the end of the night Aela at least felt comfortable in her clothes, or as comfortable as she could.

"What else?" She asked quietly, sitting on the floor with her legs crossed and her parents on the sofa before her. "What about her accent? How do I do that?"

Soliael looked at Kira, his eyes clearly somewhat exhausted.

Kira Talith

[member="Aela Talith"]

Kira's eyes met those of her husband. A look would pass between them.

"How about we take a break for the day, sweetie." She would counter to her daughter, encouraging her to get some rest. "Your dad can cook some dinner and you can relax for a bit, hmm?"

They both knew that Aela had a desire to strive for perfection, but wearing herself out wasn't going to do her any favors. Instead she would slip. Looking at Aela, she was exhausted, with small purple crescents under her eyes behind those large sunglasses. Unable to help herself, she mothered her daughter, her fingers reaching up to thread through Aela's hair much as she had done when she was a little girl.

"Then after that, we can see about that accent, hmm?"

[member="Kira Talith"]

She looked up at her parents. "Okay."

Aela saw how tired they were, and quite honestly she couldn't blame them. They had been at this for more than half a day now, Aela having arrived early in the morning. A more than large part of her wanted to simply continue, there was after all still much she had to learn, but she knew that pushing her parents was wrong.

"What are you gonna make?" It had been a while since she'd enjoyed a home cooked meal. "Nunalash?"

It was a delicious stew, usually made with nuna and several peppers as well as other things, mostly served with pasta. Soliael smiled, walking passed her and patting her on the head.

"Sure"

Aela smiled, and looked back up at her mother, oddly childish in her manner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom