Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Socks

[member="Kira Talith"]​

Borleias.

She hadn't been home in a few weeks now. The Alliance was keeping her busy, the New Jedi Order was expanding its operations and everything seemed to be moving so much faster. There were even rumors of a major assault on a world contended by the One Sith. She wasn't exactly sure what that would look like, but for now, it wasn't the most important thing on her mind.

No.

That privilege was given to the assignment that she had received not two days ago along with Adder and Jacen. She would be going undercover, stuck into a situation she had never been in, one that she had no training to be a part of. She didn't like the idea, but Master Rhen had been...convincing in his argument. She would be doing it, no matter what she thought of it. Of course, she needed the right look, the right attitude, and everything else that went along with it.

That was why she was home.

Her mother had been an investigator and then a shadow for years. Who better to ask for advice than her? She had two days still before she, Adder, and Jacen would be heading out. At least one of those days would be spent at home.

"Mom?" She called into the empty house, wondering if her parents were even home.

Kira Talith

Kinetic Communication at its finest my Chick-e-dee
[member="Soliael Devin Talith"] [member="Aela Talith"]

Well... the giggle that echoed down the hall and above where the sundeck lay was certainly familiar. It would bubble down, a rather mischievous one that made one think of the tiny blonde Jedi Master it belonged to.

"Oh! It's Ae-.. will you just st-" the slight bat of a hand would follow another chuckle, a smothered mock affront, then the muffled chuckle after. For the eldest Talith, this was not a scene that would come to a surprise. No, her parents were a rather obnoxiously affectionate lot, still in love and their public displays of affection were noted. It was one of the very reasons why the children had high expectations on what marriage and a relationship should be. The true love that Devin and Kira shared was a sugary, sweet ideal to base one standards to.

And Aela would be no different.

"Honey?" Kira would call out, having heard her daughter in the midst of attempting to foil Sol's attack. "Up on the patio!"

[member="Kira Talith"]

Oh. The Patio.

She should have guessed that.

Her parents had the house to themselves now. She knew that Kaili often visited and that Micah sometimes came home still, but ever since Contruum she knew that her father and mother spent most of their time on Borleias, at least, her father insisted that they did. The Young Marshall knew that he worried, knew that he didn't like his wife or children fighting against the Sith. It was a point of contention between them all, the only real point of contention.

Slowly she meandered her way up through the house and onto the rather large patio, the sun still burning in the sky high above the island. She could hear birds in the distance, chirping and jumping around the different jungle trees. "Mom, I need your help."

Her father could likely help too now that she thought about it, he'd disguised himself as a god for years.

"I..." She trailed off as she found them on the patio, her mother wearing a bikini and her father standing oddly over the sun chair. "I...I'm going undercover."

Kira Talith

[member="Aela Talith"]

Well, that... certainly struck Kira a bit... well...

It was her luck that she was a Lorridan through and through. She could already read the apprehension and nervousness radiating from her eldest. It was in her stance, the way she flexed her jaw, down to the shifting of her weight from one foot to the other.

Kira blinked, her mouth falling open in surprise only to swing her gaze over to Sol. Her expression clearly said, 'Did you hear right?' It wasn't that she wasn't sure of her daughter's many abilities. When Aela put her mind to it, she could do anything she wanted.

Just a few things were rather... well...took a little bit more.

Oh she may come off as a rather confidant young woman, and she was. However Aela held many doubts, hidden well behind her normally stoic and contemplative gaze. Kira panned her head back to Aela and gave a tentative smile.

"...Undercover where?" Kira asked her, trying to get a good grasp at what exactly this meant. Undercover could mean anything, really.

[member="Kira Talith"]

She scratched the back of her head, still mildly suspicious as to what had been going on.

"The Shadow Syndicate." Her eyes shot to her dad. Aela knew that he didn't approve of them doing dangerous work, knew that he wasn't comfortable with it and that if he had this way none of the kids would have been doing anything but exploring the galaxy on their own terms. Aela had always thought that their mother understood better, but that was perhaps because she often did the same things as they did. "There's a woman, Elizabeth Castille. Apparently she looks a lot like me."

She did, no denying it. "But she dresses differently."

Very differently.

The hussy.

Aela shifted her feet, not really sure how to ask her next question.

Kira Talith

[member="Aela Talith"]

That’s when Kira’s eyebrows disappeared high behind the fringe of her blonde bangs. Now that was enough to have the Lorrdian sit up a bit straighter in her chair. Behind her, Soliael would tense, and she didn’t need the ring he wore to note his growing displeasure. All the more so after what had occurred on Contruum.

“Esmae,” Kira began a bit tentatively, her face contorting in slight confusion and searching her daughter’s expression. Just what was she thinking? It wasn’t that Kira didn’t believe that her daughter was capable of doing all she could, it was just that undercover work in a syndicate…

Well, Kira knew first hand how that went.

“Are you sure about this?” she would ask her daughter. If anything, Aela’s parents were honest in their conversations with their children. Always have been.

“Undercover work is more than just playing a part.” you had to push away one’s sense of self to play it right. Their Lorrdian nature certainly gave them extra benefits in mimicking and such…Not to mention Aela never had any formal training in the matter.

[member="Kira Talith"]

She looked decidedly uncomfortable, and not because she was almost sure her parents had been...fooling around before she'd gotten here. The fact was that Aela wasn't a mimic. She was not like Micah or her mother. Her social skills weren't exactly prime to begin with and she knew that her attitude lacked in many places. This wasn't her area of expertise, and it certainly wasn't something that she was naturally gifted in. The very idea made her skin crawl, in fact, but she had to do it.

"No." She said finally. "I'm not sure."

Her father tensed slightly, her eyes wandering over from his wife to his daughters. He looked like he was about to say something, but before he could Aela began to speak again. "But If I don't then a lot of people could get hurt. How can I refuse to do it knowing that?"

It was really the only reason why she even considered it.

If the Shadow Syndicate really was being controlled by something bigger, something evil, then Aela had to stop it. There wasn't any other option for it, any other choice for her. Her father disapproved, she could see it in his eyes, but he wouldn't say anything. This argument had been had many times, but ultimately Aela had inherited her mothers will.

Kira Talith

[member="Aela Talith"]

Well Kira couldn’t quite argue that. She was known for going off the seat of her pants when it came to such matters. In that, at least, the true genuine desire to help people despite personal risk was there. But there was a difference in being brave and foolish.

Setting her floppy hat aside - it had been on her lap - Kira drew herself up off the lounger. Tiny thing that she was, the Jedi Master was dwarfed by the sheer height of her husband behind her.

“I get that honey,” Kira began, walking over to Aela with the concerned expression only a mother could bear. “For how long?” she would ask, needing to know the details. Ever since the Battle of Geonosis, Kira was a worry wart when it came to her children. It was why Soliael had crafted the special ink that now graced each Talith child in some form or another.

“Where? With whom?” she would search the taller blonde woman’s face. Eyes just like her father. Stubbornness just like her own. She had a good, well meaning heart and Sol and Kira were every bit the proud parents.

[member="Kira Talith"]

"In the outer rim." Aela explained. "A few weeks, maybe months."

They didn't know just how far the conspiracy went, how deeply the Shadow Syndicate was controlled or even if it was indeed controlled. There were were many questions that they needed to answer still, many things that they would find out when they were on the job. The situation wasn't ideal, wasn't even close to it, Aela knew that. It was however the only situation that they had, the only one that they could effectively exploit without just waiting to see what happened.

"A woman, Adder. She helped me a few months back to free some slaves near Tatooine." That had been an adventure and a half.

"And Jacen is coming too." He was another Master in The NJO, though she wasn't sure if her parents knew him. "Another Marshall. They'll both be coming with me as my 'thugs'."

That word felt foreign in her mouth.

Kira Talith

[member="Aela Talith"]

The Outer Rim?

Well at least it wasn't the Core Worlds. It could be worse, could be the Sith. Actually, Kira was quite certain that if it dealt with the One Sith or the Yuuzhan Vong, it was likely that her husband would most definitely make a vocal protest. After what had happened on Contruum with Kira... well, Soliael had left his post as a Senator for a reason.

"Jacen?" The name barely registered in familiarity. The former was completely foreign to her. Another Marshal?...

"Jacen who?" she would question, frowning at the thought. Well at least Aela wouldn't be alone... but it still didn't sit right. Nervously, her hand would start to rub over Aela's own. In the distance the caw of seagulls would fly over head, floating across the crash of waves onto the beach Aela had swam in as a youngling.

Watching her standing in front of her, regardless of the fact that the young blonde woman practically towered over her, Aela Esmae Shamalain Talith was still her little girl.

"Has he been trained in undercover work? What about Adder?"

[member="Kira Talith"]

"Uhhh." She wasn't actually sure if Jacen had worked undercover before, though she thought it best to redirect the question. "He was an investigator, like you!"

Perhaps that would warm her mother up to the thought. "Adder was a former police officer on Coruscant, she left when the Sith attacked. She's been undercover once or twice...I think, but she knows a lot about the Shadow Syndicate and how they work."

That one she was far more confident of.

Adder had already shown her knowledge within the Shadow Syndicate and the fact that she was more than a little experienced in these matters. That alone would be of great benefit, plus Aela knew that she could trust the woman. As far as Jacen went...well she didn't exactly know, but he couldn't have been worse than her, that much was sure. Either way, for Aela this was more about herself, not the other two. She knew that she needed help, tips, clothes, maybe a word of advice or two.

Kira Talith

[member="Aela Talith"]

Kira would pan a glance over to Soliael. Well? Her expression would ask.

Turning back to Aela, she took in a deep breath, her shoulders rising at that. This didn't comfort her much, but it was something. "And Jacen is a Marshal at the New Jedi Order?' Is he a Master there?" well if he was an investigator, that meant some measure of skill.

Just who was he?

Kira began to nibble upon her lower lip, again rubbing her fingers over the top of Aela's hand. "So you are not quite sure about their skills... or their experience." Kira would level her blue eyes upon the twin suns of her daughter's.

"Tell us more about them."

[member="Kira Talith"]

"Mom." Aela said quite sternly. "This isn't about them."

That was certainly true. "I need help. I know this isn't what I'm good at and I need to learn as much as I can before I have to go."

She appreciated that her parents were worried, and by the look on her fathers face he was none too pleased about any of this. He had yet to say a word, which in truth made Aela more nervous than anything else. Soliael had always been quite opinionated when it came to the activities of his children, and his wife, within the Jedi Order. The fact that he was staying so quiet now made her feel rather anxious. Her eyes briefly flickered towards her father, then back at her mother.

She was nervous enough as it was, she didn't need her parents making it worse.

Kira Talith

[member="Aela Talith"]

At that, Kira would give Aela's hand a light squeeze. It was hard for her to not turn into a worry wart. Rather silly, but she couldn't help it. There was nothing Kira and Sol wouldn't do for any of their children. Not a single place they wouldn't dare to cross or an entity they wouldn't fight. They were the miracle children that Kira never thought she would be blessed with, especially in the wake of Nemene's torture.

They were everything to her alongside Devin.

None the less, by the stern expression on Esmae's heart-shaped face, it was clear that the Liadain in her would show through.

"Alright..." not that this was going to end here. She would talk to Devin later about this.

"Well...I guess we'll have to brush you up on your mimicry." her hand rose, lightly threading affectionately through the long blonde locks of the younger woman's hair.

"Show me everything you have on this Elizabeth Castille."

[member="Kira Talith"]

She nodded.

There was a lot, surprisingly.

Master Rhen had done his homework when it came to Miss Castille, they had assembled a file that had made Aela whisper. There was video, a psych profile, even an interview with the woman herself. She supposed it helped that they captured her before hand, and that she was...well a braggart. The woman hadn't shut up since the New Jedi order had captured her, either because she was smart enough to make a deal or because she was dumb enough to prattle on.

She pulled a small datadisc from her pocket. "Here. This is everything."

The datadisc activated, immediately projecting an image of the woman. It was the same picture that she had been shown of Miss Castille, same clothes, same hair, same everything. Of course, that did mean that her parents would instantly recognize just what kind of person she was going to impersonate, and the first person that reacted to that? Her father.

The instant Soliael saw the image all the stoic silence slipped away, the old man bursting into laughter almost spontaneously.

Kira Talith

[member="Aela Talith"]

A low whistle came from the Lorrdian, and while her husband was busy bursting at the seems, Kira gave a half chuckle. She understood the concern now. The worry. And Esmae's indignation.

"Well... she's certainly colourful." that was putting it lightly. Sol was practically in tears now and Esmae was not amused. "Alright alright," she would call over her shoulder with notable mirth at her husband. "Take a breather there Sparky, I don't need you keeling over in your old age."

Which was a ridiculous statement, seeing as how Devin was well in his prime. At this point it was Kira that had aged, small streaks of silver threaded through her blonde hair.

"How about you get us something to drink and we can clear up the sundeck." her mind was already racing, mulling over just the.. extent of work this would take. Her blue eyes swam over to the hologram.

"Hmm... it's... doable."

Actually, I think i have that jacket...

[member="Kira Talith"]

She glowered at her father.

They both well knew that Aela had never worn such things, had never wanted to wear such things. It was an odd topic of conversation really, generally parents had to argue against their young daughters wearing revealing clothing and going out to late night parties, with Aela that had never been much of a problem. She'd never really much cared of even thought about wearing such things, they weren't comfortable and they certainly weren't suited for combat.

So why bother?

It was perplexing really, though as her father began to stalk off the balcony, still holding in fits of laughter, Aela looked to her mother.

"Do you think I can do it?" She wouldn't be perfect, she knew but, but at least passable. That was what was important here. "At least enough so they won't notice too badly?"

It was rare that Aela showed her anxiety and fears, in fact really only her family ever got to.

Kira Talith

[member="Aela Talith"]

There was no denying Esmae's anxiety and fears. Oh she radiated confidence in front of others when she was certain of her abilities. However, there were times where she wasn't so assured. It was in those moments that the young woman would turn to her mother, searching for guidance and for help. Every bit of her emotions that she normally kept control over in her quiet manner reflected upon her expression.

Kira gave Esmae's hand a reassuring squeeze.

"You can do anything you put your mind to Esmae." she assured the woman, granting her a smile. "Just will take some hard work and my super de duper boot camp." a joke came to help lighten the mood.

"Come on, we can go to the holoroom." her right hand went lightly drifting over Aela's clothing, brows furrowing in thought. "It is in the subtle mannerisms that will help you with becoming your mark."

"You've got the basics of mimicry down, sweetie. Let's brush them up a bit." another glance at her clothing then at the hologram, and then back at Aela. "Let me get a few things..."

[member="Kira Talith"]

"Okay." She said to her mother.

As Kira stood up Aela found herself taking her mothers place. This really was making her worried, it was something she had almost no experience in, something she didn't understand and really was just an amateur in. Micah would have been better, even Kaili or Maleah. Maybe she could do mimicry, maybe she could even pose as Miss Castille, but she felt like she was missing that key component to actually perfect the act, to actually pull it off and make everyone believe.

Maybe that was just anxiety.

Or maybe it was true.

Aela was afraid that it was the latter, that she would the problem. Adder and Jacen would be with her, but what if she ended up putting them in danger? What if she was the reason they would get caught. The thought made her sick.

Kira Talith

[member="Aela Talith"]

It would take a bit, what with Kira having to go get the collection of necessary components for this... endevour. Kira had spent the majority of her time within the Jedi Order first as an investigator, then as a Shadow. She had years of undercover work, most notably when working with the Omega Pyre and Protectorate.

Kira was willing to pass on all of her knowledge and tricks. But this was going to be an intense short term instruction. Kira had years to enhance her natural mimicry and Lorrdian skills for undercover work. Aela wouldn't have the same.

In their bedroom, Kira would pad barefoot into the closet. It was a vast area of space, and for one who had been used to owning so little, a bit overwhelming. However, this was where she kept a vast array of different wardrobes. Some from her time in the Order, others were new additions. She would pluck that same fur lined jacket that matched the hologram. Where were those glasses... OH!

Along with that she took a few items from PharmaTech. In the Zone Compact, Mister, and Lipstick and a Essence of Zeltros DUST Compact. A bit of use, but still good.

With an armful of clothing, she headed over towards the holoroom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom