Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Staff New Reacts Added

I know you hate reacts and are trying to demonstrate they are meaningless but at least before they made sense in terms of what they meant in terms of emojis. Now I am not sure what they are. To my old eyes some of them are hard to read.

What is the last one and the second to last? They look sorta blue and red on mobile.

There’s no way to make everyone happy in the land of reacts but I can assure you, I don’t hate them and there’s no “mean tef being a grinch” here. I think most of the instant dislike is just a resilience to change and new things. Some of it is because you genuinely don’t like them, and it’s just plainly difficult to work with that criticism to meet in the middle - because there is no middle, you just don’t like them.

And that’s okay. We’ll hold some contests, as has been suggested, to try and ween off some of the disinterest. Maybe even opt out of viewing reactions entirely if you want that. I joke that reacts don’t matter, because they do, people love their reacts and anyone who thinks I’m out of touch in saying so is just straight up wroooong.

I don’t hate reacts. There’s a certain power laugh, love, etc holds even if we don’t admit it. I am diluting that power by adding more and changing them up so we get that new fresh feel. If you think this is a crazy, insane self-reflective take that’s way too serious- you are without a doubt very correct. Believing the leadership of this forum is not clothed in insanity is a mistake y’all made, not me, though.

Some of it is because you genuinely don’t like them, and it’s just plainly difficult to work with that criticism to meet in the middle - because there is no middle, you just don’t like them.

And that’s okay. We’ll hold some contests, as has been suggested, to try and ween off some of the disinterest. Maybe even opt out of viewing reactions entirely if you want that.
I genuinely wish I could offer constructive criticism. Though, I would greatly appreciate such an opt out system if that is something feasible.

EF7-DEDA7-84-B4-464-D-B1-BB-8-FB5-AF2-DC84-E.jpg
The “like” one kind of looks like a cringing smiley.

Maybe we could do a Yoda thumbs up?

We’re not getting a thumbs up react, thumbs up reacts are cringe

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom