Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Jedi Order: Situational Awareness

VC51XXL.png

Sullust. G'rinn Go city. Main market. Central square.

Those coming for today’s lesson would probably have a fifteen minute walk just to cross to the central square. This was the busiest place for foot traffic in G'rinn Go city, perhaps the entire planet. One could barely breathe in the press of bodies, as the heaving mass of people moved between diners and shops and street markets. Situated underneath one of the largest docking stations on the world, the area was multicultural, but Sullust standards.

At the centre was a wide flat concrete square. There was more free space here, as individual performers attempted to gather crowds and spare credit chits. Sat cross legged on the floor, a few metres down from a mime artist, was Jacen Voidstalker. In his left hand was a small spray can, which he idly tossed into the air and caught again as he waited for the students. They would have received almost no instruction for this lesson, and what they had been given was quite odd:

Come unarmed. Casual dress, but wear some of your most cherished items of clothing. The lesson is on situational awareness.

OOC: Open to all students of the New Jedi Order, Galactic Alliance

[member="Quinn Michaels"]
[member="Wovoka Vos"]
[member="Zalaam Na"]
[member="Asahara Velin"]

Crowded places made Asahara a bit uncomfortable but the walk was actually not that long as she blasted through the crowds shoulder bumping and shoving her way all through the place until she got to the main docking bay and made her way under. Ignoring the obvious lustful looks from the less than ideal patrons of Sullust she was more than content with reaching this new 'training session'. She was no Jedi, but training from Jedi was priceless, one could not just buy a training session with a Jedi master and much less find one out of luck, Asahara felt lucky to be alive in this moment as she came across one cross legged man who fit the bill for what the standard Jedi build she had in her mind.

Asahara tilted her head and gave the Young Looking Jedi a wide smile before ignoring her fancy gown sat beside him in the unceremonious floor imitating his way of siting. Street performers made this place a bit unorthodox for a Training session but what would she know? She has never been in one!

Asahara found it a bit hard to contain her excitement as she thought of what the training session will hold, perhaps they will teach how to twirl those fancy blades without slicing ones self with it in half or perhaps some Strategical or Tactical secrets from the Ancient Jedi ways that might help her in battle? She mentally Shrugged as she pondered exactly what this training would be about, Odd was a understatement!

[member="Jacen Voidstalker"]​

"Asahara" She said meeting his smile with her own Green Lips and her eyes that did little to hide her Enthusiasm. "What are we learning today!?" The young Twi'lek almost screamed, her voice was that of an impatient little girl waiting for a gift "Blasting things or a Secret Strategy to take down the Sith in a better way? Oh! Maybe Some Jedi History of great battles that will give us a heads up for our next encounter" she blurted out her eyes stuck on the young man expecting something marvelous.

"Who else is coming? More Jedi? Are they really powerful? the Jedi cant be defeated right? I heard you can read minds is that true? Can you teach me? But i'm not in touch with the force, but i can learn!" She suddenly stopped when she realized she was probably being annoying as all hell. She spoke so fast and with such excitement it would take someone quite special to understand her. "Sorry.. i'm just exited!" She said apologetically, she probably did not need to tell him she was super stoked to be here and help the Alliance Bring Peace back to the Galaxy and push back the Sith to wherever it is they came from.

[member="Jacen Voidstalker"]​

If all the stuff she was gonna learn about being a space wizard was gonna be like this, Ula felt that everything would be right as rain. The instructions were simple, just show up dressed like how she always did but wear something cherished. Considering she had like next to nothing, she didn't feel overly burdened with trinkets. She wore the one thing that meant something to her: the leather jacket that Captain Richards had given her with the Daytripper patch on the front. She hardly ever took the darn thing off. In fact, she pretty much looked like she just stepped off the Daytripper for a shore leave, minus her gunbelt.

She navigated the crowds alright, looking around for anyone else who might be showing up to this little get together. She tentatively walked up to the people she thought she was supposed to be meeting, but a polite refusal and a few odd looks from the small group told her that she just asked a group of tourists if this was spot to meet the other magicians in training. Smooth, Kaddo, real smooth. Looking around to the other side of the square, she recognized at least 1 person from the Jedi meeting and headed that way, looking sheepish and feeling like at least once, she would like to not look like a fool in front of the other Jedi people.

Approaching Jacen and Asahara, she asked timidly.

"Am I in the right place, dress casual and come unarmed?"

[member="Jacen Voidstalker"] [member="Asahara Velin"]

Sumalee

S
If [member="Jacen Voidstalker"] thought [member="Asahara Velin"] was tall, just wait until Sumalee came in.

At nearly two and a half meters in height, the Togruta was a sight to behold. Tall, blood red, with montrals decorated with her akul-tooth necklace. She was a rustic colored female, dressed lightly for ease of movement and fluidity. Granted, while she would never be able to be as dexterous as her far more petite counterparts, if there was one thing Sumalee had was a fantastic center of being.

She was made to be a tank. A wall. The ‘Ye shall not pass’ type of girl.

No nonsense, and formally the padawan of [member="Sarge Potteiger"] until he had to save Helen of Troy, the girl had taken a bit to his personality.

However, she was far more capable of smiling.

A curt nod to both the inhabitants of the area was sent their directions. As was the terse, “Greetings, I am Padawan Sumalee.”

Choli was curious to see just what this gathering would hold.

More prone to being a fix it type of personality, she figured that it would be best to try and learn from others. She had originally done so with the first lesson a few days back, now she was curious about this [member="Jacen Voidstalker"]. So she put on her least greasy pair of coveralls, tied the arms at her waist, and slipped on her cleanest white t-shirt. She figured she would be fairly out of place with the more traditional members, but boy was she surprised when she got there.

No robes!

Huh, fancy that. So much for her expectations of the burlap brigade. Maybe this just might be some fun after all.
With a grin, she swaggered on over to the first person she saw. A brunette, looked a little rough around the edges, but hey, appearances could be deceiving!

“Hi,” she began, shining a smile over to [member="Ula Kaddo"].

“I’m Choli, just call me Cho!” she added, and then gave a slight shrug. “And I figure we are in the right place.” came the next with a laugh.

She could get used to this. The slicer looked at the gal introducing herself and grinned wide. Cho looked like a grease monkey that would have fit right in on the Daytripper. She chuckled at the assembling group and nodded. There were a couple really tall, gorgeously red skinned girls, the dude with the spray can, she and Cho. This looked like a group that could get into some serious trouble in a cantina but drinking probably wasn't really a part of their training. Damn shame there. Ula could have used a beer right about now.

"Hi, I'm Ula", she remarked, looking around at everyone else. Her eyes settled on the trio she didn't yet know the names of. "What are y'all's names?"

Her accent was delightfully informal, and very at ease. Despite being crew on a transport for years, Ula was chatty, and pretty outgoing.

[member="Choli Vyn"] [member="Sumalee"] [member="Asahara Velin"] [member="Jacen Voidstalker"]

"Who else is coming? More Jedi? Are they really powerful? the Jedi cant be defeated right? I heard you can read minds is that true? Can you teach me? But i'm not in touch with the force, but i can learn!"

"Today's lesson is going to involve a touch of that, you'll see," Jacen replied with a wink.

"Am I in the right place, dress casual and come unarmed?"

"That's the one, grab a chair," he said, indicating the paving slabs, "and we'll get going shortly."

“Greetings, I am Padawan Sumalee.”

Bloody hell, if the next woman to turn up topped eight feet he was going to take his manhood and go home. "Greetings, Jacen Voidstalker, Knight."

“And I figure we are in the right place.”

"Yes, this is it. Situational awareness for Jedi," Jacen replied. There was a mischeiovus glint in his eye. Occasionally he checked a datapad. A careful observer might note photos of the current attendees appearing on his screen.

Satisfied The Twi'lek Smiled back at the Jedi Knight. Voidstalker? That name sounded very dark and eerie to belong to a Jedi. "Situation Awareness? You mean like, minding your surroundings? " Asahara asked with a confused look in her face and her voice so soft it could barely be heard. How hard can that be? She shrugged noting that this was an All Female class, Odd, very odd. Perhaps there were more coming? Asahara was not too concerned, She was not that she knew about, Force Sensitive so she felt a bit out of place here, if this training needed the use of this Magical thing called the force she has been talked about on and on endlessly about, she would not be of much use. Never actually using the Force consciously and even less in a situation of Danger or Training, Asahara thought herself a Brute Soldier that was here to gain as much Wisdom from Mighty Jedi that could help her in battle. "Well i am exited, but i don't think i can do the Magic you Jedi do, it's not what you call it? In me? Like, you have to be born with it of course" She smiled as she spoke, not a drop of resentment and not a smudge malcontent.

Pleased with what she had said and now sure that she was in the right place with he right people. She had s many questions, so many doubts, were the stories she heard about the Jedi True? or were they just Tales? She hoped this young Jedi Knight would answer them all.

[member="Jacen Voidstalker"] [member="Ula Kaddo"] [member="Choli Vyn"] [member="Sumalee"]​

[member="Asahara Velin"]
[member="Ula Kaddo"]
[member="Choli Vyn"]
[member="Sumalee"]

“Today’s lesson is on situational awareness. The first lesson was on ‘not trusting Jacen’s instructions,’” he said, looking poignantly at the can of spray paint in his hand with a mischievous grin. “I do hope some of you wore something expensive or with sentimental value.

“This is one of the busiest districts in the whole of Sullust and your job today is to walk out of here. That’s around eight hundred metres in any direction straight away from this square. Unfortunately I’ve paid a number of people to blend in with the crowd carrying these,” he said, holding up the small spray can bottle. It would be easily concealed in a jacket pocket, or handbag, not much larger than a can of lipstick. “I assure you, the paint is very difficult to get out.

“My friends have been sent several images of each of you. As you try to escape, they’re going to try and spray you. If you get marked, you’re out. If you think someone is following you can tell them the passphrase. If you’re one of my associates, they’ll hand over their spray can, which you can do with as you wish. If they’re not…well you can deal with that situation. The passphrase is: ‘I love you!’. Got to say it clearly and with feeling too. The winner is…oh I don’t know, just try and get out quickly. Maybe rewards for those who get out with spray cans. No running, shoving or causing a fuss either.

So, now we’ve explained the stakes of today’s lesson, but before we get onto the pre-lesson – which will involve some actual training on using the Force, I promise – are there any questions?”

Well, kriff. This was going to be interesting. She made a mock strained face at Cho, trying to figure out how she was going to evade spray paint wielding strangers. Jenks always said she had good reflexes, but that was just it, they were reflexes. This was trying to concentrate to avoid something. Whole other ball of wax.

She shook her head that she didn't have any questions, her eyes started to drift across the crowded square to see if anyone stood out with a can of paint. Surely there were none so obvious, but it didn't stop her from looking before she would be forced to wade into it.

[member="Jacen Voidstalker"] [member="Asahara Velin"] [member="Choli Vyn"]

Asahara felt a knot in her gut. Oh Chit. This was not what she was expecting, looking everywhere she was no longer looking serene and calm as this white dress was her most prized dress and she would be damned if it was stained with a red spray, Force Help her she will choke this man. "Ok... It's cool, we got this, just have to blend in." Easier said than done when you are a big Twi'lek of the rare kind, everyone noticed her, they already probably knew she was walking in the same direction she came. Stepping from the group calmly she started walking, doing her best to keep calm.

."I Love You!? Really!? she said muttering under her breath at the sheer thought of it, she was doing good so far, making her way through the place, walking around her dress had already been stained from stragglers and such but suddenly... She saw one particular man coming straight for her, his eyes did not leave hers but just like that he was back into the crowd. She knew she was watched. It was then she started thinking about the whole point of this exercise, sometimes she swore she could feel things before they were coming, it was Instinct! -that was her word, for the force-

That was what this Jedi Master was teaching us back there, to tap into that Instinct. Again. Easier said than Done. She slowed down her pace and walked as she walked when hunting Sharptooth, so slowe her footsteps could not be heard. Suddenly the man came, he was closer now, his eyes baring down on her as she gave her back to a small bar with people drinking even this early, Damn, Sullust is Hardcore.

As the Man approached she took a step forward saying with all that she could muster. "I Love you!" and the Mans eyes popped open. His dark hair swung about in confusion almost dropping to the duracrete if it was not for the laughing jokes behind her from the bar. He looked like he was going to say something, but he just shook his head as he headed for the table as if this was not the first weird thing that happened to him today or that he was just used to it.

"Great..." She shook her head as she tried to hide her embarrassment by just walking on, in hopes that she would never, ever see them again, or this part of Sullust again, in fact, underground. Yeah. Underground sounded good right now.

[member="Ula Kaddo"] [member="Jacen Voidstalker"] [member="Sumalee"]

Roth Tillian

R
Roth had totally been here the whole time, lounging in his usual pilot's clothes with a mug of Corellian ale in one hand and nothing in the other and mostly unarmed, predominantly from old habits picked up slumming around the Outer Rim. Never not have a weapon. Even here on Sullust, he wasn't sure he'd follow it, so he had a vibroknife in his boot. Nothing serious. And since part of the lesson was not trusting instructions from [member="Jacen Voidstalker"], he seemed okay in this part.

But I love you? He let out a wide grin. That would be wonderful. He turned to study the crowds, seeking out some of the women who could potentially be considered possibilities for carrying spray paint and knowing Jacen. How many could he get away with? Five? Ten? Three? One? Oh, now this would be exciting. SItuational awareness was an excellent thing. Especially when he got the chance to confess his passionate, undying love to complete strangers while completely sober. Or, relatively so. How often did that chance come around? Maybe he's strike gold today and find a life partner.

Probably not. Some quasi-Jedi and starfighter pilot? Not a chance. Not unless there was someone like him here, and he didn't see them among the other students or the crowds. Not yet, anyways. He'd keep his fingers crossed and eyes very open though. Questions?

He raised his flask idly, "Are we forbidden to saying yes to any proposals we get in response? Just on the off chance, you know?"

[member="Roth Tillian"]

It seemed the enthusiastic members of the order had started heading off already. Well the more formal lesson could come afterwards. "If someone takes you up on that, I'm pretty sure they'd be something in the Jedi Code about that. I believe it's under line seven on 'taking advantage of individuals with no self esteem'."

A Sullustan boy fell into step behind Ashara, shadowing her. As Jacen had instructed he kept his distance for a time. Voidstalker had instructed all his helpers to give their targets some time to notice them. He wanted this to be a fair exercise, to allow even the novices to see if they could instinctively garner that sensitivity to the Force that would let them know if another being was focussed on them.

For Ula, a human female in her late fifties was already moving through the crowd waiting for her target. She carried a datapad, leaflets and a charity collection box and was approaching people as they passed.

As Roth headed out, a Gran would fall into a parallel path in the crowd, gradually moving closer to his left shoulder as they went.

Roth Tillian

R
[member="Jacen Voidstalker"]

Roth frowned at Jacen in mock disapproval, "Advantage of a lack of self-esteem? I'm hurt that you would even think it possible of me." He flipped his hair out of his eyes, "I thought I was the desperate one in this situation." He couldn't maintain the frown anymore and broke into a grin as he stood to head off. "I'll be sure to buy her dinner before saying yes. That work better with whatever the Jedi code says?" He wasn't entirely sure what the Jedi Code said, to be honest. Something about not being emotion, but being peace. He couldn't quite see how either were true, since there was obviously emotion and there was a distinct lack of peace in the galaxy. That was why they were all here, wasn't it?

He strode off into the square, eyes sifting the crowd for these friends of Jacen's or simply young women who appeared to be single. Well, ones that had no potential partner with them anyways. There were a few of them around. More Sullustans, to be sure, but he was specifically looking for humanoids. He wasn't specifically reaching out with the Force yet, but just using smuggler's instincts. He'd know if anyone was trying to pickpocket or stab him, anyways. That was always a good thing. He stretched out, gently probing the minds of those around him, seeking for those whose minds sort of pointed towards him in return. There was some mind back off to his left that seemed focused on him in some way or another. He started drifting the other way, towards some reflective surfaces he could use to see who approached. Crowds bustled in and around, most looking at the ground or their datapads, certainly not paying attention to him. A Gran drifted through the crowd as well, slowly getting closer.

Roth sent out another small mental probe. It was vague, but it did seem the Gran's attention was focused on him. Roth gave a grin and started walking again, keeping an eye on any reflective surface to see if the Gran continued to follow. Just to be sure, he wandered away from his path, curving back around the way he came, as if he'd forgotten something. The Gran seemed to stick with him. Roth pushed his hair out of his eyes and cleared his throat. This would be a performance worthy of a Space-Oscar. He would make sure of it.

He spun about on his heel and hurried towards the Gran, dropping to one knee and lifting his hands to his chest before exclaiming. "I love you! I have always loved you and will love you until the universe dies! Will you grab drinks with me?"

Ula took a deep breath and looked around. What did Cap used to say? Look for what doesn't belong. The problem was, everything looked like it belonged. For a moment. Ula started walking southwest, her eyes sweeping around her, at people moving past. Not for their eyes but for their movements. There was a guy staring at 3 o'clock, but he wasn't moving towards her. He glanced down at something and looked off in a different direction before moving. Ula sighed. A few more steps and she still hadn't noticed anyone moving for her. The crowd was thinning to the right so she cut around some people and headed for open marble.

She was was happier to have some space between her and the rest of the crowd but she didn't know if in the tight crowd that her back had been sprayed. She didn't smell paint... She adjusted her exit plan and started more west, moving her hair off her shoulders behind her. It was a nice day, the jacket was a little warm for this weather but she couldn't take it off now. That would be unfair. No changing appearance for the game. She chuckled thinking about it.

She noticed a kind looking woman struggling with a datapad, some leaflets and a collection box all at once, asking for donations as people passed her in the crowd. As she moved to ask a couple walking by, she dropped some of the leaflets. Ula stooped and caught some of them, her arm reaching out to snatch them from a dirty fate on the ground of the square. As she was about to straighten up, she felt the pinpricks of something on her neck and Ula looked up quickly, blurting out.

"I love you!" The woman looked taken aback, a sorrowful look in her eyes as she had just pressed the spray tip and a burst of purple paint hit Ula's shoulder. She looked stricken at the slight against the young woman, but Ula handed her flyers back to her.

"It's ok. I better learn to be careful." She fished a cred out of her pocket and dropped it into the collection box, moving away from the older lady, still trying to look for cues and signs in the faces around her.

It was silly to think she would get this the first try, but everyone starts somewhere. The first droid she ever repaired, she reassembled incorrectly. Now she was a wiz at it. She just need to practice and learn, learn and practice.

[member="Jacen Voidstalker"]

Sullust was annoying her, dear Force it was annoying her beyond rational belief. After a few minutes walking she noticed she was being followed but after her last encounter she was not ready to partake in another embarrassing moment to put on the record so what she did was simply step up the pace a little bit, Almost there, she could see the end of the place but then she had it, a moment that she saw the Sullustan boy come up behind her and tag her white dress with a fine line of red only, that was not real, it was a vision.

The first time this happened was when her Adoptive mentor father and her were fishing calmly and she clearly saw one of the Twi'lek boys throw a pebble at her and it hit her behind the head, she was unable to stop the pebble from hitting her because she shook the thought as a mere trick of her mind and managed to convince herself it never happened... this time she was not about to make that mistake. Turning around she tried to find the boy she saw but she could not believe the vision.
"Common Asahara you are going crazy, Visions? what would Vex Say?" Vex was her childhood friend who was so skeptic about everything she would doubt the very nature of the Water until she touched it and felt it was wet.

Then she saw the boy and flicked her tongue in disbelief. "Well i'll be a Skinny Hutt..." Her jaw dropped as she saw the boy come at her exactly how she had seen it in her 'vision'. The revelation was so intense she froze not believing what he was seeing and not coming to terms that this was the second time she saw this but this time it was real. Then what was the other time? a dream? Dejavu? made no sense! When the boy got within range she looked him in the eye and before he pulled out the Canister of red paint she kissed him and whispered. "I love you" before sticking her tongue out. The Boy dropped his jaw and gave her his paint can. "How did you do that?" His eyes in disbelief he stood there . Cute little bugger, he earned the smooch. She smiled and grabbed her Lekku nervously before she spoke. "Honestly, i have no frigging idea... i think that Jedi man did something to me.. wanna grab something to eat?"
"You bet Lady!.. does this mean you are my girlfriend now?"
She laughed, Gesturing the boy to follow her they made their way to a nearby food joint and ordered some take out. "Call me in 10 years and you got yourself a date"
She made that boys day, she could feel it. It felt good doing something nice once in a while, instead of bashing skulls and stuff.
[member="Ula Kaddo"] [member="Roth Tillian"] [member="Jacen Voidstalker"] [member="Choli Vyn"]​

Well she was about to start working on doing her hellos, but then [member="Jacen Voidstalker"] kicked things up a notch.

Talk about situational awareness!!

Choli gave a scrunch of her nose, then a challenging glint darted through her eyes. Okay, so now she had to wander out of the city and hope she didn’t get spraypainted on. AND she had to say ‘I love you’ to some stranger with feeling in order to get the spray can.

Frell.

Not to be outdone, the mech tech squared her shoulders. Already the others were well on their way, and saying their devoted cries of affection. Time to scat!

So scat she did.

Being smaller, she had the ability to fade into the background and into the crowd a bit more easier. Situational awareness. Hmm…

This was something she could use. Working with Chloe and Jan meant that the sense aspect of the Force was a strong focus. Expanding her senses, Cho would wander down the street, keeping her little sphere of influence ablaze if only to sense if anyone was following her.

[member="Roth Tillian"]
[member="Choli Vyn"]
[member="Asahara Velin"]
[member="Ula Kaddo"]

There was one more obstacle for each of the trainees. This time an extra twist. The second "attacker" was a droid. There would be no direct Force connection to another living being with intent. In fact the programming of the droids was such that only when they came within a foot of the target that an encrypted partition was opened in their memory banks and the instruction to spray passed down to them.

Each trainee would get a very small window to try and sense to disturbance. Perhaps they would use their powers of observation instead, or perhaps they would need some replacement clothes by the end of the day. Either way, when they reached the edge of the district, they would be instructed to meet Jacen at a nearby conference centre for the second part of the training. The Temple was still a blueprint at this point, and they had to be practical about such things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom