Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Factory/Tech/Construction/Fleeting concept

Beowoof

Morality Policeman :)
[member="Niamh Raste"]

I really really would like to see this work out. I've always thought it was really sad that the 'Star Wars' part of Star Wars was missing on this site. You can't take a planet without a fleet. Seriously. And all the coolest battles are in space, anyway. :p The campaign would be awesome!

Though, I don't completely agree with requiring a shipyard. I just designed some ships that were assembled much like the ISS. It's a longer process, sure, but it's completely legit.

Oka Osaa

I think life is short, just do the system we have now. But the effect on battles from fleets? I wanna see a Jedi try and deflect a missile or gun fire from a ship. I think its completely stupid that fleets have little effect on battles. I understand why because someone could have fleets instead of soldiers but still. I'm pretty sure 1/4 of the people here are pilots/another role.

Oka Osaa

Although I disagree, I do think the flash of making ships is overused. The other part I'm thinking is companies that are advanced should be able to build faster. But I'll support you [member="Niamh Raste"]

*shrug*

it's an interesting concept. it would be worth trying for a few months st the very least. the down side to that is general fairness.

Mandalorians have three starship producing companies.

Sith have one.

Republic has at least two.

How are canon and non-canon shipyards rated?

what's to stop people from spamming shipyard location subs?

desnt this just encourage captains not to take hits? (the bad ones anyway)

Ships on chaos are not completely balanced. everything above 1km is massively overgunned. why bother building 1600 meters of support ships instead of a single star destroyer?

Oka Osaa

Good point [member="Captain Larraq"] but I think she was giving an example of how long it could take to build a ship. Anyways it depends on your POV. Could be quantity over quality or quality over quantity.

Honestly, Larraq grew far out of his original scope. Im going to do my best to shove him back into the 1-3 ship scale of things and send him out as more of a privateer than anything else.

Olivia will pick up where he left off and push the clan and the faction and focus on large scale combat.

Grozurra... needs character development and probably should go hang out with one of the FU factions for a while to develop some depth.

War Hydra, my writer account... I still have no idea what to do with him.

I miss Dagon, my Yammosk. He was a fun character and easy to get a muse for...

I'm also thinking about adding one or two other characters, depending on how things pan out.

the thing is... Outside of faction vs faction conflict... I see no use for this. Though, it might make Marketplace contracts more significant if number of wares is limited... and promote more Marketplace use if major factions could, say, run out of vehicles and need to buy more.

*shrug*

Olivia 'might' be effected by such a system... but on the whole, I just dont see who it could effect positively.

Grand Admiral, First Order Central Command
My main concern with a proposal like this is that a) it's hard to implement and could potentially drive people away from fleeting as they don't want to deal with the management of ships/fleets and don't want to risk said ships in battle if they're not confident in winning. Gamey as kark, which isn't really the point of a forum RP, but what are you gonna do? People will be people and all.

There's a fine line between making some just strategic enough to be interesting but not so much that it bogs people down who just want to write. I love a good strategy game, but this isn't exactly the ideal place to run one, you know? I can't help but think if you start keeping track of numbers of ships, what about damaged vessels? What about supply lines and resources? Can you effect the flow of resources, so on and so forth. On the one hand I'd love to see this sort of stuff implemented (raiding party!) but on the other it's not really feasible on a web forum. Not without a LOT of work that will put off a lot of people.

That said, I would love to give Tegs idea a shot with a standalone campaign. We would have to figure out what a 'full' roster is for each faction. Including things like, how much larger is the Republic fleet than the Sith/CIS/Protectorate/Fringe/etc. one? And you don't want too many ships in general, but you also don't want too few. Definitely a tricky thing to balance.

I would also recommend that proper 'capital' ships (Star Destroyers and up) take somewhat longer to build than anything smaller (or perhaps anything over 1000m). To discourage overuse of them and to let them have the role and reputation established in canon.

And I'd be happy to support with whatever else is necessary.

Sirella Valkner

Because I'm a plant.
Niamh Raste said:
[member="Valiens Nantaris"]
I agree.

So, now that that's settled, who wants to help me out with the Campaign? [member="Sirella Valkner"] your input would be appreciated.
[member="Valiens Nantaris"]

If you lot are willing to wait until after the October event I will help with a campaign. And I can help leading up to it a little but I still got 4 Locations to sub on the event and some prize technology. Plus with all the invasions that popped up after the event was announced... well I'm not very hopeful about turnout.

FRAME

The Great and Powerful
This is immaterial, sadly....

The shipyard's closed

odst_virgil__sad_by_skipperthepilot-d3a9uy6.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom