Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Dominion Rules - Dominion Tiers

Bhaltair Dhimani

A little Ruff can go a long way
Isamu Baelor said:
I have an uneasy feeling that we'll be seeing a lot of OOC drama when it comes to rebellions.
If something involves a fruit basket upset where one faction tries to take and/or ruin something another faction has worked for and owns, then there will be OOC drama. This is not a joke, but a fact of life.

4803032.jpg

^ You cannot resist clicking on the Show button. ^

v You cannot resist clicking on the Like button once only v​

I have only one question that I haven't seen answered, forgive me as I could be ignorant, but a few different interpretations came up in one of the Chats.

Tefka said:
Thread Age Limit For Rebellions To Be Initiated: 14 Days.

Thread Age Limit For Rebellions To Be Concluded: 60 Days.

Does the Thread Age Limit mean that the Dominion must be at least 14 Days Old, or that someone has 14 days from when the thread hit 150 Posts to initiate a Rebellion?

sabrina

Tefka said:
[member="Darth Vornskr"]

They can choose. The Faction Admins can say "okay, we're going to stop at 110 to claim these two planets. Everybody with ongoing stories, finish them in other threads." But the Minor/Majors that have noticed can come in and ruin that plan.

It increases the risk, as well as the reward.
[member="Draco Vereen"] I think [member="Tefka"] answered it here, it only becomes a tier three after the 150 post and they have declared it to be tier three dom

Bhaltair Dhimani said:
Also, does our max posting count limit get raised if we go for a higher tiered dominion? If we plan on going for Tier 2, do we get 22 max posts? 30 for Tier 3?
The rule changed from 1/5 to 1/4. Tier 1 is now 25 posts per writer. And simply take 110 and 150 and multiply it by .25 and you have your total max posts.

sabrina

[member="Tefka"] as I said I think, and some times I think wrong.
So is it over when they put it in, the map update thread?

As mentioned earlier, if you are going for a tier 2, say, should you have the plot of the dominion focus on the 2 planets you want? If you plan on doing a tier 1, and the other planet isn't mentioned, but then a minor faction comes along, and pushes the count up to tier 2. Do they get the 2nd planet, even though it was barely mentioned(if at all)?
[member="Tefka"]

[member="Tefka"]

I really like this update on the rules! It seems it kinda gives minor factions minimum effect on the "map game" instead of no effect. I love this idea! Makes me want to start a minor faction for the sake of rebellions.

Brynyar Ordo

B
so can a single player cause trouble and opposition to slow or stop the Dominion of a planet? What about major factions? After Tier 1 of course.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Brynyar Ordo said:
so can a single player cause trouble and opposition to slow or stop the Dominion of a planet? What about major factions? After Tier 1 of course.
1. Welcome.
2. After Tier 1 - Trouble: Yes. - The addition of another 40 posts to the thread will endanger the Dominion to Rebellions.
*At 110 posts, a single writer may join and now contribute up to (27) additional posts. Pushing the Dom to 137 posts total. Which now allows you to contribute an additional (+7) posts for a total of (34) additional posts applied at 25% participation. Pushing the Dom to 144 posts. Which now allows you to contribute an additional (+2) posts for a total of (36) additional posts applied at 25% participation. Pushing the Dom to 146 posts and finishing a single members 25% contribution ratio at (+36.5). Which is just 4 posts shy of Tier 3 options becoming available. (Once a month)
3. After Tier 1 - Stop: No. - At 100 posts the Major Faction can already be petitioning to be awarded a single planet. There is no stopping this until the Rebellion option becomes available at 150.
4. Please note. Major Factions which contest planets with another Major Faction initiate 'Invasions'.

Brynyar Ordo

B
[member="Karen Roberts"]

What is a rebellion thread? I cannot find a viable explanation on how this works . Im sorry for sounding ignorant or stupid , but id rather learn now then later ....

[member="Tefka"]

Lets say a good natured faction like the Galactic Republic, dominions a planet, tier one and calls it a day at 100 posts. Submits the planet for the map and then leave the dominion be and goes cuddling with cute bunnies as republicans tend to do in between wars and such.

All good so far.

But then, the evil Sith Assassins (its always them....) turn up and sneak posts 50 more posts making it legit for a rebellion. Initiates the rebellion and the faction that started the dominion was so unprepared for this that they simply miss out on defending. The SA win the rebellion and if I understand it correct turns into a major faction and now owns the planet.

Da Question.
Since it is a 150+ dominion by now. Does the major faction that originally started the dominion get the rest of the hex as it has turned into a tier 3 dominion by now or have they simply lost it all?

[member="Mantic Dorn"]

It's no longer a Tier 3 Dominion. It's a rebellion, as you stated (if they meet the pre-requisites).

The Rebellion will have a single winner, and that winner will gain the hex (or choose to decline, making it neutral).

Netherworld

I haven't seen this asked/answered yet and I presume it's fairly straightforward, but for the sake of clarity... say you are domming a planet two hexes away (i.e. 150 posts base goal), does Tier 2 for that dom become 160 and Tier 3 200 respectively?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom