Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Beginnings

Tyran Numeck

Mandalorian Supercommando
"Those pups are going to get big pretty fast and they aren't easy to train." He told her as he saw her look fondly at the two elongated canines. "They're going to become a real handful, even for a Force user."

"Well," He said as he went to the chiller and searched for what he had. "We've got Ne'tra gal, it's pretty much just a dark ale that's pretty good. I've got more of that tihaar that you've grown rather fond of. Some iced shig, which is pretty much tea. This one has some behot root in it so it's got a citrus-like flavor to it. Could make some caf if you want. What are you feeling like?" he asked her.

"You do realize one of those is for you, right?" She didn't look up at him when she stated this, and it was really hard for her not to grin about it, but she managed. "Two of them, two of us."

But her attention shifted when he spoke up about drinks, and she half turned to face him with both of her brows lofted. "Something tea like?" She glanced at their meal, then back. "I think that could probably go good with what we have going on here."

Tyran Numeck

"I don't know if I have the patience to train you and a galek hound at the same time, though I'm curious as to whether which one could learn quicker." He said thoughtfully as he poured them both some cold shig and set the glasses down on the table. He prodded the cooked greens with his fork and gave them a curious glance before taking a tentative nibble off of one. It was actually pretty good but of course he could let on about that. "It's alright." He shrugged.

There was a loud 'pfft' noise from Anora. "Well that's easy. They'll learn a hell of a lot quicker." she shrugged a shoulder, and now she grinned as she carried the plates to the table. She set them both down, then took a seat and just took a moment to breathe. She was hungry, and because of that she needed to take a moment just to keep herself from diving in and eating too quickly. Once she was sure she wouldn't eat too fast, then she took a bite.

A hum of delight vibrated her vocal chords, and she savored the first bite before taking another. "Oh, you're full of it." she stated without a wit of hesitation. "It's good and you know it."

Tyran Numeck

"It's alright, just seasoned leaves is all." He said with a grin as he cut into his cooked galek which was the real star of the meal in his opinion. "So what would you rate Mandalorian cuisine to the stuff they serve on Kashyyyk? If all they served you is that green stuff over there it explains why you're nothing but skin and bones. Don't worry though we'll get some muscle on you sooner than later."

Anora rolled her eyes, but she didn't take the bait - if only because she was too busy eating now. She was a bit particular in the way she ate, always had been really. She ate most of the greens before she cut into the galek meat on her plate. It wasn't because she didn't want to eat it, or didn't want to try it, it was merely how she had always eaten. Finish most of if not all of one thing before moving on to another.

But his question made her laugh softly. "Believe it or not, the food was probably the best part of being on Kashyyyk. But this," she gestured to her plate. "Is really good. However, I've always been partial to my fruits and vegetables. Especially fruits, but those don't always go well with hearty dinners." she shrugged a shoulder. "And I'll have you know I'm not skin and bones, I'm just lean. That's what being overly active gets you, I guess."

Tyran Numeck

"Eh we'll turn you into a hardy bruiser yet, trust me." He winked at her. "Glad you like it, just wait for desert though! Gonna introduce you to uj cake the finest delicacy in the galaxy." Wars had been fought over who's family had the better uj cake recipe. So as they ate they chatted for a while and Tyran made a point to ask her what she wanted from the training. That was something she hadn't really been given a whole lot of from what he'd gathered. Decisions had been made for her rather than by her.

"I mean is there something in particular you want to learn, or a set of skills you'd like to focus on? Even if I don't know some of those skills I know people that do."

"Yeah, yeah..." she mused with a shake of the head. Anora thought she was just fine as is, but really? She could do with putting some weight on. However the thought of cake made her skeptical and she squint just a little. "I'm not usually big on cake, so we'll just have to see how that goes." But hey! Tyran had tried the greens, so you had best believe she would try the cake.

Out of the entire meal, Nora found that her favorite part was actually the shig. Yes, food was good, and it all tasted really good, but she found herself thirsty quite often, and this seemed to really hit the spot. When asked about training, the brunette set her glass down while she considered the question as well as her answer. "Well, I'd definitely like to keep up with my stealth skills. I don't want to lack in that at all, ever." she was good at stealth related things, and she would really like to keep it that way. "I need long range weapons training for sure. Everything has always been up close and personal, and while I don't mind that of course, we all know that, that isn't always an option."

Tyran Numeck

Tyran nodded his head that was all stuff he could manage helping her with. They had plenty of space to work on her stealth skills with the woods around his homestead, he'd just keep sending her out hunting and maybe not always after wild game either but he wouldn't let her in on that little tidbit. "Well the number one rule that you need to ingrain into your head, I don't think you'll have an issue with, is that you need to learn how to adapt to any situation. Adapt or die, my father burned that phrase into my brain once he started my training so just keep that in mind."

He stood up and took the plates away and returned with two new plates with a thick slice of sticky sweet uj cake. "I'll be shocked if you can eat even a third of it, it's taste takes a while to get used to for most outsiders." He grinned at her. "Maybe you'll surprise me though."

"That's not entirely different from training to be a Jedi..." Anora pointed out. Or any training, really. Hell, any situation. In life, you adapted to whatever was thrown at you, or you got rolled over - if not worse. Hell, just look at everything Anora had been through, yet here she was adapting. She may not be the fastest learner in a lot of things, but at least she did learn. Especially once she stopped fighting about everything and just shut her trap and listened. That had been the hardest part - letting go of what she had been being taught in favor of what she was being taught now.

When a new plate was set in front of her, Anora just sort of blinked at the cake. As a person who really wasn't big on cake, seeing this thing, and being told the taste would be weird? Well, that certainly didn't help matters any. A huffy sort of sigh slipped past her lips, but she took up a fork and cut a bit from it.

And then stared at the bite for a long, drawn out moment before finally taking a bite. Tyran wasn't wrong, the taste was not what she was expecting, which was something she was finding quite common the longer she stuck around. However, it wasn't unpleasant like she found most cake to be. Not her favorite thing, but not something she was going to spit out or run away from. She mulled over the bite for a moment, then shrugged her shoulders. "It's alright." she told him with a smirk.

Tyran Numeck

"Mir'sheb." He grinned at her around the edge of his glass of shig. "Alright so what are you going to name your galek pup, or better yet have you even decided which one you want yet?" He picked himself a larger piece of the cake than she had cut off from her own and savored the sweetness that he'd been accustomed to since he was a very tiny kid.

"Name..." she half turned in her chair to look towards the room where she had put the pups and she made a thoughtful noise. "Well, my mom may have been secret scum, but she did have some very good and useful tips that she passed down." she shifted back around to look at him. "Let the pup decide who it warms up to. That way you're not trying to force a bond, or anything like that. Names come later, after you've learned the personality and know a thing or two about it."

Tyran Numeck

"Well I know what I'll name whichever one I wind up with." He said. If she wanted to wait and see how they turned out to give them a name that was all well in fine. "I'll name it Tyraja, Mando'a for stretch." It was a fairly literal name but it sounded nice when it rolled off the tongue, didn't hurt that it sounded like his own name.

Anora gave him an admittedly droll look in response. "Wow, how very creative of you." whether it was a tease or not? Well, that was left to be determined. Though, she couldn't deny that it sounded nice at least. "I'll know a good name when the time comes." she stated, shrugging a shoulder. She hadn't had enough time to spend with either of them yet, she had only just brought them home, after all.

Tyran Numeck

"My creativity lies in other areas." He said deadpan as he finished his drink and took the empty plates to be cleaned. "You're sure you wouldn't want a hunting strill instead? Nothing more loyal than one of those things....even though they have an ungodly stench."

"Shooting up bodies doesn't count as a creative outlet." Anora countered with a shake of the head. She finished her shig and then got up to take her cup to put with the rest of the dishes. Since they both cooked, she didn't fuss about clean up, but she was going to help for sure even if it was just a couple of plates, cups, and a pan. "No, no strill." she shook her head a made a face. "Useful sure, but definitely not my type of creature."

Tyran Numeck

"I don't think I ever said my creativity was rooted in killing people, I was actually inferring something else." He winked at her. Tyran didn't shoo her away when she helped with the cleanup. "What kind of animal would you like then, if not a strill?"

A half scoff, half laugh escaped Anora's control and she shook her head just slightly. "I will just have to take your word for it." she stated, though was definitely and obviously amused.

When asked about an animal, she glanced over her shoulder to where the pups were, then back and shrugged a shoulder. "You mean aside from the pup? Probably something bird-like. Ooo," she paused, and shifted so that she had a hand on the nearest counter, but was facing him. "Some kind of owl. That would be amazing." she added, then turned her attention back to clean up.

Tyran Numeck

"An owl huh? Why an owl of all things?" He asked her. His tone was curious rather than put off, he didn't have anything against owls and thought it was an interesting choice for her to make. "You never struck me as a bird lover."

"Well, you do realize that's because most of what you know about me is based on work and skill, right?" Anora smirked just a little, and she took up the plates to dry now that they were clean. "I honestly don't have an answer for why. I've always just had this natural draw to owls. They're beautiful, intelligent, and I've heard they make good companions. Though whether that's true or not, I obviously couldn't say."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom