Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dominion New Alliances — GA Dominion of Hapes

Khala_2.png

Hapes2.png

Hapan Royal Palace

Her entrance had drawn the attention she expected, but this meeting was going to require a lot more than good first impressions. The Alliance, while trying to show just how much it wanted to accept Hapes, clearly had its reasons to reach out now. The Mandalorians were waging war and she was certain that many in this room would rather throw Hapan lives away to stop them, than draw a weapon themselves to protect their own people.

But Kha'la saw the benefits as well.

Then, of the entire room of people, finally one stepped forward to speak.

"Your Majesty," Inanna greeted with a bow. "You have a lovely world full of kind and fair people. I am certain that the Alliance will welcome all of Hapes with open arms, should you choose to join them."

Kha'la looked the woman over once, then offered an appreciative smile and a faint, but noticeable dip of her head in greeting, "I'm quite certain that they will, considering your Mandalorian problem," she said before glancing around once more. "Would all Alliance representatives be so kind to introduce themselves? That includes the Jedi as well," Kha'la said, her eyes shifting to Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble , Shan Pavond Shan Pavond and Katherine Holt Katherine Holt for a moment.

In a crowd of politicians, it wasn't hard to find the renowned peacekeepers.

"Why should we send our people into your war? Because that's what I'm asked to do, is it not?"

The winged Padawan watched in silence as more and more people showed up. A lot of them were unfamiliar faces, but ones Katherine recognized to be part of the Senate or other politicians. There were a few that she did note, namely her fellow Padawans, Lily, Loomi and Ko. It seemed they were also present to observe the formation of a new alliance. Plus, it was good to see that Lily was doing well after everything she had been through recently.

Katherine stood to attention when the doors to the grand halls opened. The Queen Mother walked in, head held high as she walked. She was beautiful, strikingly so even compared to other Hapans. The Padawan wondered if that was a specific criteria for becoming Queen, given their people valued beauty very highly.

She glanced over as the greetings began, first with Inanna Harth, then another whose face was unfamiliar to Katherine.

Although the Queen Mother’s attention soon swept across and fell upon the Jedi that were in attendance. For a moment, Katherine felt like a deer in a spotlight, but she kept her cool…mostly.

I’m Katherine Holt, Padawan of the New Jedi Order. Thank you for the invitation your Majesty, words do not do justice to the beauty of Hapes and its people.” She spoke with a respective bow of her head, before stepping back and keeping to her Master’s side. Katherine remained silent, watching as the others introduced themselves. But when Kha’la posed a follow up question, the Padawan had the urge to speak almost immediately.

Katherine looked to Kahlil, silently asking for his permission to speak. After all, they were only meant to be observers to these talks, not participants. The Padawan raised her hand, unsure what the proper protocol was for ‘chiming in to answer’.

If I may, your Majesty? Senators?” She inquired, before angling her head towards the assembled politicians. Katherine let a pause settle for a couple moments, before she took a step forward.

Mandalorians are warmongers. At one point in ancient history, they conquered large swathes of the Outer Rim before striking as deep as the Core Worlds. So far the Enclave have only attacked their neighbours, those they either deemed inferior, or those that refused to bend the knee. It’s only a matter of time before they establish a strong enough foothold, and then start expanding their attacks.” Katherine took a breath, a serious expression falling across her face. “They are murdering innocent people. No one in the galaxy will be safe if the Enclave continues their warpath.

Last edited:

Banner_Hapes_1_-_edit.jpg

Hapes
Tags: Ko Vuto Ko Vuto , Lily Decoria Lily Decoria , Others...

Loomi_divider.png

Dress

Loomi listened to the proceedings intently. They seemed... intense. Yeah, that was a good word for it. Katherine Holt Katherine Holt was a good speaker, though she supposed that was befitting of a student of one of the council. She was envious of that, in a way. Loomi could hardly get a single sentence out without stammering or fumbling over her own thoughts.

"D-do you think they may not join?" Loomi finally asked, well out of earshot of the rest of the discussion.

She'd look on with a more concerned stare, her singular eye flooded with all kinds of emotions that would surely be difficult to read. Loomi was, of course, always difficult to read, at least if you were looking for something specific.

The Godoan was always worried about something.

"They seem pretty intense," she noted. "I-I don't know if they'd want to break their isolation..."

Even if it left them at risk.

Hapes
Objective I: Alliances

div-orange.png

Your majesty,” Kel said, stepping forth in the lull of introductions.

He offered her a grateful bow before resuming a proud posture, with one arm folded behind his back and the other left free for accentuating gestures.

I am Senator Kellian Se’Taav of Abregado-rae. It is a pleasure to meet you, and on behalf of myself and my colleagues, I add my thanks for your willingness to host our people and hear our propositions.

He gestured around the room, to faces both familiar and not. The Alliance had done its best to cover all the bases, he realized, seeing not only fellow senators but Jedi and independents as well.

He cleared his throat, choosing words carefully.

If I may, this war is not simply one being waged by the Galactic Alliance. Peace and justice are freedoms enjoyed by all sentient life, but these are virtues that the Mandalorians are not stealing from the Alliance alone.

Kel tilted his head down slightly, looking to Kha'la Daaray Kha'la Daaray through the edge of his brows. He intended to display the severity of the situation, a severity the rest of the Alliance knew all too well already.

Strong, neutral worlds like Hapes have been the target of brutal attacks by these mongrels. Kashyyyk, Rishi, and Rodia - each of them were attacked savagely.

The Mandalorians know only a lust for total domination, and will cease only when they are destroyed… or the entire free galaxy is bound by beskar manacles.

Kel knew what they were capable of. Knew what risks they were willing to take, what savagery they would commit. He hoped the Queen would see this as well.

I implore you, your majesty. Join hands with the Galactic Alliance. Stand beside us as we face this threat, a threat that sees no banner unfit to face in battle. They will come for Hapes, whether you join us or not.

Do not stand alone by choice.

Shan kept himself quiet as the Queen Mother came into the grand hall, lowering his head. Respect was an important thing in any amount of diplomacy or politics. There were plenty of people who Shan didn't recognise in the Grand Hall, but it made sense for him. He wasn't too knowledgeable when it came to politics which is why Shan thought Kahlil had brought them here. To try and learn how these things work, since sometimes words are stronger than the Force. The Padawan just held his hands over his stomach, listening to the Queen Mother speak, though he did tense up as the Queen looked in their direction and his eyes darted towards Katherine and Kahlil.

Part of him felt like Katherine and even Lily would probably feel at home here. After all, beauty was a thing that was valued here quite highly. Though he kept that thought to himself. There was no need to embarrass Katherine, and heading over towards Lily to tell her that would probably be seen as rude for not keeping his focus on the Queen Mother, so the Mirialan kept himself quiet. Up until the Queen Mother asked them to introduce themselves and Shan cleared his throat before lowering his head down to her.

"I am Padawan Shan Pavond. It is an upmost blessing to be graced by your presence. Your planet is unlike anything I've seen before." He raised his hand to his chest, taking a small bow at that before standing up straight, looking up towards the Queen Mother. He glanced over towards Katherine as she spoke out against the Mandalorians, and Shan bit his lip in thought. In his eyes, he didn't like the idea of having more people join this war. More death. More suffering. But he knew that speaking out against it wouldn't necessarily be something that would be approved upon.

"Whilst Padawan Holt has a point your majesty, there are also economic reasons to join the Alliance. If you stay isolated, whilst the Mandalorians continue their warpath, there is a high possibility that plenty of trade routes that you use may be taken over. Whereas by joining the Alliance, I am sure you will be able to have continued prosperity and protection of your tradelines. Thank you for your time." Shan lowered his head down at that, before stepping back ever so slightly to let other people talk.

Kha'la Daaray Kha'la Daaray Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble Katherine Holt Katherine Holt Lehvi Vass Lehvi Vass Kel Se'Taav Kel Se'Taav Cato Harth Cato Harth Inanna Harth Inanna Harth Lily Decoria Lily Decoria Ko Vuto Ko Vuto Loomi Loomi

"I'm quite certain that they will, considering your Mandalorian problem. Would all Alliance representatives be so kind to introduce themselves? That includes the Jedi as well."

"I am Inanna Harth, Ambassador for Lao-mon," Inanna introduced herself, then turned to Cato. "This is Cato Harth, Jedi Knight and Artisan. I have the great honor of being his wife."

"Why should we send our people into your war? Because that's what I'm asked to do, is it not?"

The other politicians began to argue for Hapes joining the Alliance. Most focused on presenting the Mandalorians as a credible threat and a danger to the Hapan people. "Why not use the opportunity to prove the might of Hapes' legendary armed forces?" Inanna suggested, proving that she had some knowledge of Hapan history. "Yours is a sophisticated and thoroughly modern world, but your fleets and armies have not seen true battle in some time. It would be good to test the mettle of the new generation. I'm sure you have plenty of useless men to spare. Better the military than piracy."

AmeTemp.png

Objective: Alliance
Attire: [X]
Equipment: [X]
Tags: Kha'la Daaray Kha'la Daaray | Inanna Harth Inanna Harth | Katherine Holt Katherine Holt | Kel Se'Taav Kel Se'Taav | Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble | Ko Vuto Ko Vuto | Sera Mina Sera Mina | Lily Decoria Lily Decoria | Shan Pavond Shan Pavond | Loomi Loomi | Anyone I missed

The question was asked and following in its wake began the niceties and pleasantries, the words of filler that offered no real substance beyond the veiled attempt to stroke an ego and cause a decision to be made from a place of emotion rather than one of thought and concern. The sigh slipped from her lips as she remained where she stood, having found a pillar from which she could further support the structural integrity of the palace all the while watching as others began to step forward in their attempts to placate and inflate the egos and desires of others and themselves. They spoke first of the privilege of being permitted to attend the meeting and how beautiful Hapes and its people were prior to their descriptions of the Mandalorians and the attacks that they have already perpetrated against other independent planets and systems. Of course, she had her own answer for the Queen Mother, and it was likely one that others would not enjoy when she finally decided to find her own voice.

"You shouldn't..."

Amelia spoke as she stepped forward, the armor finally feeling as though it was wrapped around her and she could express herself in the position that she was, with the experience that she had. What the Queen Mother was being asked was tantamount to placing her people in the path of war with only vague promises and half-truths to support that stance.

"No reasonable and rational leader would do what is being asked of you without some kind of assurance that this decision was truly in your best interest and the best interest of your people. The unfortunate truth, the truth that others do not wish to face, is that none in this room, save for perhaps the Jedi and their Padawans, that offer you any promise of alliance, wealth, and progress are likely to face the enemy that is to come. This war will not be some glorious thing to be celebrated, it will be marked more by a child barely above their eighteenth as they lay dying in some trench wondering 'why them' more than some honorable form of duel between two opponents seeking a prize in a tourney."

The woman stopped at the bottom of the steps that lead up to the royal throne, her attention fully upon the Queen Mother, the faceless, emotionless visage of the helmet that stared at the woman was any real indicator that she had her eyes upon the leader of the Hapes Consortium. Diplomacy was never really in her wheelhouse, and even now as she permitted herself a moment to choose her next words and to toe the line of diplomat, she found herself desiring the bridge of a vessel in space rather than where she was at this moment.

"Your own history is one of loss for the Hapan people, your fleets were decimated when the Centerpoint Station was fired in an attempt to strike down the Yuuzhan Vong. Your hesitance is understandable, for it is difficult to trust those who will not see battle with the lives of your people who will. Perhaps then, an assurance from one that will would sway your decision more."

At that moment she made a decision, and it was one that was going to hurt though it was meant to drive a point across that she was willing to risk her own being to show that she would also take that risk to protect others to the best of her abilities. Amelia's hands slowly came up to take a firm hold of her helmet, lifting it away as silver-white locks fell over her shoulders and seemed to cascade down her back like a waterfall. A soft hiss slipped from her lips as the light began to burn her cheek, causing her to turn slightly away though she kept her Golden-yellow eyes upon the Queen Mother.

"I am Captain von Sorenn, I cannot promise that your people will not lose their lives in this conflict. I cannot promise that the Galactic Alliance will be victorious and that the Mandalorians will be thrown to the side once more. I can merely promise that I will do the best that I can to the best of my abilities to bring as many of the Daughters and Sons of Hapes home when this conflict ends in success or failure."

The Bloodsucking Philanthropist
"Queen Mother..." Sera spoke clearly and crisply, after Amelia von Sorenn Amelia von Sorenn had made her thoughts known.

"There are other reasons to join the Alliance beyond the purely financial..." Sera trailed, emerald rings and earrings glittering, adding to her bewitching beauty. She was so fine, Mister Palmer himself couldn't have told you where the money went.

She was something very close to being simply irresistible.

"Captain von Soren makes an excellent point: Pretty words and promises of friendship alone will mean nothing when facing the enemy. She may do her best to bring them back, I however, while lacking The Captain's penchant for the battlefield --"

(Cutaway of J Jonah Jameson laughing uncontrollably)

"--I am no less willing to make a pledge of my own. For your support is vital to the well being of both our great societies. I vow to do no less than the Captain, but in a different way. My company, Bacta-Works, is one of the largest suppliers of Synthetic Bacta in the Rimward Trade League. We can make it faster and sell it cheaper than most of our other competitors. And we have enjoyed a healthy rising market share in the Alliance."

Sera reached into her pocket, pulling out a hypospray of Red Bacta , offering it to the Captain for the injury she sustained.

"Combat medications, food by the tonnage, even weaponry such as rifles and starfighters if need be. I personally can guarantee quality of all products." Sera assured. "Your people, the soldiers The Captain would lead in defense of your world... would want for nothing..." Sera assured with a brisk confidence.

"As a gesture of good will, my ship in orbit has over three hundred tons of regular Bacta, that I wish to offer to the Queen Mother to distribute amongst her armed forces or her population in general as she sees fit. They will surely need it in their struggle ahead, regardless of whether they end up accepting the friendship of the Alliance or not." she said to Kha'la Daaray Kha'la Daaray

Rulonom Laborr Rulonom Laborr

Loomi Loomi

Shan Pavond Shan Pavond

Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble

Lily Decoria Lily Decoria

Inanna Harth Inanna Harth

Wearing: Interceptor Gear

Armed With: Nathan's Saberstaff

Objective: Dark Artifact hunt.

After Sera had departed for Kha'la Daaray Kha'la Daaray 's throne, Nathan had gotten into his black biker clothes, freshly cleaned, approved a sales request to deliver free food to a refugee center on Coruscant, and had gone to his armory, pulling out his Saberstaff and setting it for stun. In Non Battlefield Settings, Nathan didn't kill people unless left with absolutely no other choice.

Vera Mina Vera Mina was also preparing to depart. Nathan tried not to think about how rapidly Vera's interactions with him had changed. How her being in the same room with him seemed almost normal.

She was nothing like Lysandra. Lysandra had been humble and kind. Vera was haughty and vicious. Lysandra didn't like killing. Vera loved killing.

Like Lysandra, only Vera had ever gotten him to laugh.

The fact she had succeeded had been no small shock to him. He had been unable to sleep for two nights afterwards, unable to stop thinking on the moments leading up to that loss of control.

Vera reminded him very little of Lysandra.

If anything, she oddly reminded him of Arianna.

"Don't get your head blown off, Vera. You're no good to me dead." he told her.

"Good luck to you too, Nathan. May you come back without a scratch." Vera replied idly as she put on ruby earrings and rings.

"Not taking a weapon?" He asked.

Vera put her hands on her hips, black cocktail dress hugging her figure.

"Nathan, who needs a gun when I have all this?" she asked playfully gesturing knowingly to her figure.

The laughter that came out of Nathan was sharp and harsh, from a man clearly unused to laughing. Vera joined him in the laugh.

Cold sweat formed on his head as he realized Vera had gotten past his armor again.

Nathan's face went back to it's impassive mask. Vera smirked, striding up to him.

"Twice now I have heard what no man living or dead save his own father has ever heard: The laugh of Nathan Bloodscrawl..." Vera said, eyeing him.

"Next we'll start sharing recipes." He remarked dryly.

Vera only smiled.

"Careful, Nathan...that sounded an awful lot like flirting..." Vera replied as she headed out of the room towards the shuttle bay...

Nathan snorted, though to his disquiet he found his thoughts wandering to Vera as he prepared to depart himself...

Present...

The back alleyways of Hapes cast shadows over him as he moved.

The locals would constantly stop him, mistaking him for a servant. It was the cold look in his eye that made them stop.

Local SIA contacts had labeled an old warehouse the site in one of the older parts of the city where a genuine Sith Sword was to be put up for auction. He knew how especially dangerous such things were, and never handled them alone unless he had to, which is why he awaited Elias Edo Elias Edo As back up. Nathan watched via an electronic rangefinder from a nearby roof, waiting for the other Jedi to show up. He took careful notes of guard numbers and their patrol habits, so Edo wouldn't be walking in blind. You do NOT pursue a Sith Sword casually..

It became quite apparent that the Al'Hari Federation representative had much more base intelligence compared to the other planetary delegations that the Trade Federation had swindled money out of. The Skakoan Delegation analyzed the response given by Lehvi Vass Lehvi Vass who made it quite clear that they were willing to accept a long term mutual partnership but the federation must respect their cultural independence and own idealisms. Although such a 'new' partnership could not be undertaken without substantial risk for the federation as unlike the Galactic Republic of old, corporations could not simply move massive amounts of equipment wherever they liked without someone noticing and given the senate's own hostility to the Skakoan Senator they would shut down this deal before it even began.

"AWEREWWWWWWOOOOOOORRR....The Trade Federation would not dream of disrespecting your local customs. Unfortunately, the Alliance is rather weary of megacorporation's having agreements with neutral systems outside their borders which would cause considerable delays in moving the desired equipment into your territory after they pass through the rigorous inspection. Therefore the referendum would simply be a way to make the exchange legal in front of the senate in case there is an internal inquiry and speed up the mentioned inspection process." Laborr explained with some slight motion of armored hands to lay down the point. With the upcoming war with the Mandalorian Enclave moving a naval arsenal through the alliance border would become difficult without legal protections.

Last edited:

Banner_Hapes_2_-_edit.jpg

HAPES
UNDERWORLD
Sycorax Laveaux Sycorax Laveaux - @Open

No more waiting. It was time to go in.

Alicio passed through the crowd with perfect poise, slipping past them as if he knew how the shifting masses would move before they did. He walked around the building in question, coming to the next alleyway over. There were only a few hunched forms around, which Alicio gently persuaded to find a safer area to stay, and a long, blank wall.

The nobleman let his hand run across the rough surface, eyes closed peacefully, as he checked the immediate future. To see what would happen where and when he went through. Finally, he seemed to find a when and where he liked. He tilted his head, then his brow furrowed in concentration. With his right hand, he seemed to imagine pulling something. Then, he made a sweeping gesture across the brick wall. Content with his rehearsal, the Count nodded, kneeling and igniting his lightsaber into the wall. He sharply pulled the blade into a square shape, used the Force to pull out the block of brick and insulation, and rolled through.

He came up in a makeshift barracks. Ratty beds and racks of weapons decorated the dimly-lit space. There were a few sleeping forms, likely night-shift guards. Though, it seemed his entry had begun to stir the occupants. "Whawaz..." A groggy male voice struggled to make out.

Alicio didn't give the man time to finish. Pulling a nearby blaster pistol to his hand, and flicking it on stun just as he practiced, he plugged the three laying bodies with stun bolts. They lay silent. Alicio waited a moment, to see if any alarms triggered.

There was no sound.

He put the blaster on his belt, and raised a finger to his ear. "Breaching," he whispered.

Last edited:

"Indirectly," Cato said, "And over a prolonged period of time, most likely. But yeah." With exposure to the concept, it would likely begin to normalize, making it easier for change to happen from within. Probably.

Of course the greater subject of the day was the potential military implications of Hapan admittance. The Queen made her presence known, and after a few greetings, jumped right into the deep end of discussion. Though not one of the politicians himself, Cato appreciated the straightforwardness at least.

The Jedi grinned as Inanna kissed his cheek, then offered a slight dip of his head in greeting to the Queen, "Nice to meet you, Your Highness," He spared a glance towards Inanna as if to silently ask 'was that good?' He still wasn't used to being addressed so formally, and certainly not with meeting royalty. Even being referred to as "Jedi Knight and Artisan" felt alien to him, despite having returned to his past via the Enclave.

Various diplomats spoke up to say their piece, doubling down on the threat of the Mandalorian warpath. Inanna used it to acknowledge the historical prowess of Hapes' fighting force. Cato remained silent for now, to really finding it his place to make a case for their cooperation. He wasn't a politician, and he wasn't even really affiliated with the NJO. He was ultimately just here as the supportive husband.

Some of the speeches seemed particularly impassioned, and Cato leaned over to Inanna, "Do talks like these usually start so… intense?"

"Do talks like these usually start so… intense?"

"Sometimes," she whispered back. "Especially when everyone is trying to make as much of an impression as possible."

Amelia von Sorenn Amelia von Sorenn seemed to be going for a mix of reverse psychology and high drama. She opened by telling the Queen Mother that she shouldn't join the Alliance—an arresting start, to tell someone to do the opposite of what you want them to do. Perhaps she hoped Kha'la would feel compelled to defy her. People in power, especially the absolute power the Queen Mother possessed, generally hate being told what to do. Amelia then spoke mournfully of the horrors of war, the great loss of life, while also seeming strangely disconnected from the tragedy. Finally, she made her assurances and promises, taking off her helmet despite the apparent pain it caused her to make it more convincing. It would've been even better if she had gotten down on one knee, Inanna thought to herself. She also found Amelia's callback to the devastation of the Hapan fleet during the Yuuzhan Vong War—a historical event which occurred more than eight hundred years ago, if it indeed had occurred at all—to be rather odd, given how much time had passed. But no doubt it was an effective speech overall, if a little too blatantly calculated for her tastes.

Sera Mina Sera Mina made no attempt at hiding her true motives, immediately jumping in to further her corporate interests. Her honesty was admirable, at least, and there was no denying that bacta and other medical goods would be needed.

Inanna had spent her turn to speak mixing persuasion with mockery, unable to keep from insulting them a little. She wanted to stay on the Alliance's good side by offering her help in furthering their goals, but she also could barely stand these people. Their backwards ways, their noble pretense, their casual barbarism couched in pretty dresses and rainbow-gem crowns. If it were up to her, she would want nothing to do with Hapes. The Alliance didn't need them.

But Hapes needed the Alliance. They all did, so long as the galaxy was at war.

She breathed a sigh, trying to let her negative feelings go, and wrapped an arm around Cato's waist to bring him closer as they waited for the Queen's reply.

Indra was silent for a few moments longer. Lon didn't wither under the old man's scrutiny. He just went on grinning, steadfast and unmoving.

Before the leader of the Se'n Dorrin could speak, however, there were a number of interesting sounds from the barracks just down the hall. A dull thud, along with the recognizable pop of three stun rounds clued both men in that something was up. Lon listened closely, eyebrows rising. "It sounds like you have an unwanted guest," he remarked.

Indra had already drawn his blaster, which he then pointed at Lon. "You led them here," he accused.

"Not on purpose, love. No hard feelings, eh?" Holding up his hands, Lon's gaze flicked toward the door moments before he lunged toward it, just in time for Indra to pull the trigger. The stench of burnt plaster stinging his nostrils, he drew his pistol and fired back. Indra hit the floor, clutching his side.

If the rest of the Se'n Dorrin weren't already aware they were under attack, they certainly were now. There was no time to waste. Lon found a shadowy place to hide as the terrorists marched down the hallway past him, carrying various weapons. He could hear shooting just down the way. Whoever had followed him here was about to get lit up like a Life Day tree.

Which meant it was time for Plan B. Stepping out of the shadows, Lon blasted a smoking hole through the back of the nearest terrorist. He began making his way down the corridor toward the sounds of gunfire, firing at the very people he had come here to ally with. How the tables had turned.

Through the ensuing haze of smoke and carbon scoring, Lon at last came upon the source of all the commotion: Senator Alicio Organa. His presence was baffling in the extreme, especially since all the Senators were supposed to be meeting with the Queen Mother, but Lon decided to roll with it, pretending not to recognize the Alderaanian. Gesturing to the hole cut into the wall, he exclaimed, "You call that a covert infiltration? You almost got me killed!" The indignation in his tone was real.

OBJECTIVE I
Cato Harth Cato Harth | Inanna Harth Inanna Harth | Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble | Shan Pavond Shan Pavond | Katherine Holt Katherine Holt | Kel Se'Taav Kel Se'Taav | Careina Djo Careina Djo | Rulonom Laborr Rulonom Laborr | Kha'la Daaray Kha'la Daaray

"AWEREWWWWWWOOOOOOORRR....The Trade Federation would not dream of disrespecting your local customs. Unfortunately, the Alliance is rather weary of megacorporation's having agreements with neutral systems outside their borders which would cause considerable delays in moving the desired equipment into your territory after they pass through the rigorous inspection. Therefore the referendum would simply be a way to make the exchange legal in front of the senate in case there is an internal inquiry and speed up the mentioned inspection process."

Lehvi digested Senator Laborr's words. He could sense the man's overwhelming avarice in the Force- which, given his role, was reasonable. He was motivated by profits, and meeting the bottom line. But Lehvi's message seemed to have sunk in- and possibly impressed him. But it was most important that the message was received; Haruun Kal was not an acquisition to be stripped down for parts, and discarded. The days of predation by the galactic superpowers were over.

The rationale for the referendum was sound, once explained- moving the equipment required to build out the infrastructure for Haruun Kal to become (in time) self-sufficient was a tall ask, which would raise a great deal of interest, particularly so close Alliance borders. And being that there was interest in applying for admittance into the GA in due time, it was pertinent to make their dealings with the Trade Federation above board.

He'd still need to see the language of this referendum, though.

"This is acceptable. Let us meet in say...a month, on Coruscant, to go over the specific details of this arrangement. There are...unique properties on my homeworld that make construction complicated, and warrant discussion. I hope this is the beginning of a long, and mutually beneficial partnership."

Lehvi stuck out his hand.

It would seem that the senator's explanation regarding the planetary referendum and the potential problems regarding movement of naval equipment struck a cord with the Al'Hari Federation representative Lehvi Vass Lehvi Vass who was much more open-minded than before and mentioned that the referendum was acceptable but still wanted to go over the specific details of the arrangement in a month's time on the galactic capital of Coruscant. Although the notion of difficulties in construction was something that the Trade Federation would take note of in due time.

"That timeframe is acceptable, Mr. Lehvi. The Trade Federation looks forward to a mutual partnership." Laborr said shaking the representative's hand.

HAPES
UNDERWORLD
Sycorax Laveaux Sycorax Laveaux - @Open

It seemed his entrance wasn't as quiet as he'd first assumed. Either he was a little louder than he thought he was, or Hapans had supremely acute hearing. Still, Alicio was unfazed, as he hugged his dark corner, and prepared for their response, hugging the nearest corner to the door, making sure his dark cloak was facing outward, and summoning the weight of the Force to his hand.

The first guard to storm into the room swore he saw a feminine figure dart through the open hole in the wall, headed towards the street. It could have been a trick of the light... but he'd better investigate it, regardless. The man pointed to the wall, causing his compatriots to blind-fire in response. "Hey! She went through there," he shouted, the confidence in his tone driving the panic of the terrorists behind him. As one, they charged through the hole, chasing after an imaginary foe.

Of course, not everyone made it through before blaster fire began behind them. With his deception ruined, and feeling rather off-put himself, Alicio pulled his newly-acquired blaster pistol on what men remained in the area, using their panic, their confusion, to knock them unconscious in a veil of smoke.

Finally, it was time for the rogue element. Alicio's lightsaber came alive in his hand, growling darkly as it flashed towards Lon's neck, stopping before it could kill him. The Count regarded the man coldly, the glint of the Future in his eyes.

"Six seconds. Talk."

Lon’s eyes went wide as a lightsaber was suddenly held to his throat. He immediately raised his hands in surrender, grimacing at the heat.

"Six seconds. Talk."

I’m SIA,” he said, gesturing toward his jacket pocket. If Alicio were to search him, he would indeed find genuine SIA credentials to back up this claim. “Agent Creighton Tull. I was sent to make contact with Indra Djo and the Se’n Dorrin and infiltrate their ranks. The minute you barged in, Djo jumped to conclusions. I had to shoot him.” In other words, nice job breaking it, hero.

Lon had of course manipulated the situation to save his own ass, conveniently pinning the blame on Alicio's ignorance. His skills as a liar were so great, not even a Force User's empathic skills could see through the deception. As for the future, well, there was no outcome where he would attack Alicio unprovoked or hand over vital information. Nothing gave him away as anything or anyone other than who he said he was.

Obviously he wanted to know what the hell the Senator of Alderaan was doing here waving a lightsaber around. "Who are you? A Jedi?" he asked. "Did you follow me?"

Tides of Change

Hapes
Objective II: Dark Artifacts

7BUIiLq.png

Elias knew not to judge a book by its cover, but it was difficult to wrap his mind around hunting for Sith artifacts on Hapes. Perhaps it was the noble gallantry that had miscolored his perception, or the eloquent galas at the palace. Either way, a dark presence was on Hapes, and Elias was here to help with the mission.

He stepped lightly over the rooftops, moving carefully to avoid arousing any suspicion. Curious eyes were a dangerous thing when tracking down a Sith relic auction. Luckily though, much of the actual tracking had been done by the SIA. Elias was here for ‘asset acquisition,’ which he figured was actually fancy-talk for ‘killing any Sith who show up.’

The Jedi carried on from one roof to the next until the silhouette of a friend came into view. Nathan Bloodscrawl Nathan Bloodscrawl had beat him to the rendezvous, and was already staked out by the looks of it. Elias approached, careful not to startle his friend - although he knew well enough by now that it would take a lot more than sneaking up to rattle Nathan.

Sorry I’m late,” Elias said with a toothy grin.

He nodded to the guards below.

How’s it look?

f238cead5b5a746a10e13ff238afcac5.gif

Briana_Div_2.png

Wearing: XoXo
Equipment: Lightsaber
Tag:
Valery Noble Valery Noble
Briana-Side_Pic.png

"I'm sure Kahlil has things well in hand," Briana remarked, deftly flicking stubborn tendrils of sticky hair back into the disheveled bun atop her head. "Besides, it's important to recharge once in a while. Can't be at your best when all you do is jump head-first from one tragedy into the next." Briana flashed her a knowing smile, well aware that she too often let herself fall into that very same trap. As Jedi, it was easy to neglect one's own needs while focusing on alleviating the woes of others. This held particularly true for Valery, who seemed to share Briana's uncanny talent for accumulating an ever-expanding collection of responsibilities and commitments.

"But a cruise, huh? Any idea which starline you two lovebirds are going to take to celebrate your anniversary voyage? I've head Galaxy tours is all the rage." The water sloshed softly as she pulled herself to the edge of the hot spring, reaching for her own glass of golden, sparkling wine — which, surprisingly didn't have a strong alcoholic scent or taste to it. Instead, the drink reminded her of what she could only imagine summer might taste like, if one could bottle it.

When Valery asked how things were going in her own life, Briana hesitated to answer. Should she admit to having collapsed on Romi Jade Romi Jade 's apartment floor? Or share how she'd practically severed her link with Brandyn Sal-Soren Brandyn Sal-Soren in the Force? No. There was no need to air her dirty laundry—everyone had been navigating rough waters lately, grappling with one issue or another as war prepared to sweep through the Galaxy again. It served little purpose to saddle Valery with her personal problems.

She'd focus on something a little more positive, instead.

"Well... actually, I do have some exciting news." Briana began, feeling a microscopic burst of warmth bloom within her chest. "Aiden and I decided to take the plunge and move in together." It felt like a chaotic decision against the backdrop of everything else that'd recently happened, one that maybe she should have been questioning a lot more... but for once, Briana decided to embrace the unpredictability of life and reach for more than stolen moments.

Briana_Div_2.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom