Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Navis Sacra Bonding Ritual | Burtch & Shii-Cho

Grand Shepherd Burtch

Fleet Commander For The Nomadic Peoples Coalition
INVITATION:

Please come attend the Navis Sacra bonding ritual where Burtch will finally be bonded with his Angel, The Lady Shii-Cho. It will be a short, simple ceremony, where Burtch receives his Holy Communion Neural Implant and the bond is completed by none other than the powers of the holy prophets, Willow & Ivy Willow & Ivy . Any and all Nomadic Peoples Coalition and Elysium Imperium citizens are free to attend without invitation, and the ceremony will occure in the main atrium of Damascus Station.

The following people have been specifically invited by Burtch to attend, but anyone outside the factions can join if they RSVP:

Keatoch Keatoch Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Dorthea Dobson Dorthea Dobson Daro Roz’yrn Daro Roz’yrn Bishop Turner Bishop Turner Rex Valhoun Rex Valhoun Martin Dux Var-Sulis Var-Sulis Cruk Tuk

Divider12.png

“So, tell me again, why I can’t just wear my uniform for this?” Burtch asked Daro Roz’yrn Daro Roz’yrn uncomfortably as the attending Keepers dressed him in a plain white shift… dress thing. Underneath the dress Burtch was totally naked, and a section of his hair at the back of his head had been shaved off for the coming procedure. Until today, for the past decade and a half, Burtch hadn’t worn anything other than military regulation clothing. Exercise clothes, uniforms, issued “civillian” outfits, and the odd occasional armor were pretty much the only things that had covered his body, and even his sleeping attire was regulation. For him to wear this simple fabric garment with nothing on underneath was extremely unsettling for Burtch, especially in front of other beings. And the loose fit made him feel naked, which seemed to violate his sense of modesty.

“Well, I never actually told you,” Daro replied, seemingly amused with himself, “the official story is that it shows humility before the Angels and the Prophets, but that’s not actually the case…” Daro’s face seemed to blossom into an impish grin, knowing grin.

“And aren’t Uniforms supposed to accomplish this?” Burtch asked with dwindling patience.

“Yep. Except we tried that.” Daro chided gleefully, having experienced his own bonding ritual with his armour merely months ago in the first few trials of the procedure. Since Daro’s trial, the procedure had apparently been perfected to the point of being safe for the whole congregation of. Navis Sacra followers. Daro continued, “But even with all the refinements to the procedure, a small percentage of those that get the implant tend to experience one nasty side effect…” he trailed off, delaying his explanation just to rib at Burtch a little.

Burtch rolled his dull-red eyes, and said in a low voice, “ok, I’ll bite. What were the side effects, and how many people experienced them?”

Daro’s teeth flashed in an evil smile, “about five percent of people that receive the holy communion implant tend to… defecate during their first uplink with their Angels. Since you can’t sit a guy on the refresher for the…”

“I get the picture!” Burtch snapped. Suddenly nervous. Even at 5%, this was potentially humiliating… he looked at himself in the mirror, now fully dressed in the ridiculous white shift, “why is it white? Shouldn’t it be a different col—“

A female Chiss Keeper peered into their room and spoke, “Grand Shepherd, the Prophets Willow & Ivy Willow & Ivy are ready to receive you now.”

Burtch felt sudden apprehension and irritation all at the same time, so he shot a quick glare at Daro before walking out of the room. He began walking to the atrium, which was not far from his room, and shook his head at a thought, Daro was so not the right guy to help me prepare for this…

Last edited:

Issac Hafey

I
"Excuse me, Excuse me...Sir?"
"Huh? Yes?"
"Are you on the reservation list?"
"My father was, I took his place."
"Fathers Name?"
"Haon Hafey."

The Chiss that talked to him slowly looked up from the datapad rather slowly in almost complete shock. Sitting on the long church pews, along on one of the corners was a humanoid looking individual. Standing at five foot seven, he was not a remarkable individual, nor was he a deadly one save for the armor he was currently wearing. His helmet collapsed, he looked directly at the Chiss female while gently tapping at the center of his torso to make it clear with his next statement.

"Human Replication Droid but with a Shard. It is a bit complicated but if further proof is required, I can send the legal documentation from the Galactic Alliance citizen registry if required. Not the first time I have to explain my existence."
"Uhhh...alright. I need a full name and reason then for taking your fathers place, we will cross reference."

"To honor the ceremony in question and fulfill a few obligations. Name is Issac Hafey, Engineer."
"Right Mr...Issac Hafey, you will not leave the pew until after the ceremony. We will cross reference but be aware you will be watched as of this point forward."

"Fully aware, I am not moving anywhere."
"Good, then enjoy the ceremony Mr. Issac Hafey."

The Chiss would walk off as Issac watched with a brief glance to the side with his body leaned forward, hands together as they rubbed gently. It felt strange, a month having passed and all the madness that had occurred in the past few weeks. Honestly, it should feel great to not feel a large target on his back anymore but...these days, he wondered if anyone would understand. Glancing forward at the ceremonial area, he kept his eyes forward. The one good thing being here though and never being mentioned?

No one honestly knew who he was, till he told someone. He preferred that, even more so from what he heard happened.

Grand Shepherd Burtch Grand Shepherd Burtch

Willow and Ivy awaited Grand Shepherd Burtch Grand Shepherd Burtch in the atrium, dressed in robes of white, green and yellow. Near them was a table that sat on a platform of sorts, elevating them all from the seats arranged for the viewers. The atrium was decorated for the occasion, with ribbons of floral lace enclosing the area akin to a natural ampitheatre. The table was padded for comfort, yet also held a few straps, giving it more of a menacing appearance than for it's intended purpose.

However what was to happen here wasn't a simple procedure. Nothing worthwhile ever is. Here was a celebration of sacrifice and bonding, an elevation of both man and ship.

The twins approached Burtch with bright and eager smiles, each taking one of his hands into their own and leading him over to the table, speaking to him quietly as they did so..

"Please sit down on the table in the center. We'll get you to lay down in a moment."

"Don't be afraid. The straps are just there to ensure that you remain still when the implant is inserted."

"There'll be some discomfort, but it won't hurt. We promise."

"We're so proud and excited and happy for you, Burtch."

Like others that have gone through the procedure, Burtch was going to cease to be an individual. Now he'll forever be bonded and paired, much like Willow and Ivy were to eachother. He'll never be alone again, nor would his thoughts, which is a far cry for someone as private of a man as he is. But it'll be worth it.

Issac Hafey

Kalic slowly walked towards the event, still bandaged up from some of the stuff they had to do once he got here. The doctors cleared him to get some exercise. But he had to admit he'd been curious about the Navis Sacra ever since they saved his life. Jee was getting some needed service for the time being, so the Miraluka figured he could see what the bonding ritual was. He made his way in, wincing ever so slightly as he moved wrong, and he had to admit the sight he saw was.... Kinda incredible.

He noticed Willow and Ivy easily. They had a unique appearance to his Force Sight. Not just the physical connection was noticeable, but the Force connection as well. And while he had noticed a few with a similar connection, he could pick theirs out more easily. It was somewhat similar to what he saw that day too, which had lead to him having more questions.

He also took note of... wait they looked human and Shard at the same time? That was... different. Then he noticed at least something about the implant. Kalic honestly didn't fully understand everything so far, but up until this point he'd been spending his time healing. He just hoped he'd stay in the present during this.... He really wasn't sure he'd want to explain that at an event like this. Maybe later, assuming the Prophets hadn't already realized something was up with him.

Grand Shepherd Burtch Grand Shepherd Burtch Willow & Ivy Willow & Ivy Issac Hafey

Lori was already seated, patiently waiting for the cremony to start. She had heard whispers of them, and it was in part due to a few words from Dorthea Dobson Dorthea Dobson that prompted her to go and watch.

Damascus station was becoming it's own entity, seemingly just borrowing time in Elysium space. That was how she felt about herself too. Lori figured that she was on borrowed time here. A lot of aspects of her life was in shambles and she wasn't certain of how to fix it yet. Var-Sulis Var-Sulis wasn't anywhere to be found and she had hoped that he wasn't already captured. Hopefully he was just still recovering after nearly being killed by her husband.

But all those thoughts disappeared as soon as Grand Shepherd Burtch Grand Shepherd Burtch appeared with the twins Willow & Ivy Willow & Ivy . It was going to begin soon and she couldn't wait to see what this bonding ritual was all about. Was it symbolic? Or more? Something told her that it was the latter.

Glancing around she spotted... Kalic Daws Kalic Daws ? What was he doing here? Lori gave him a small wave. Issac Hafey she didn't recognize. Maybe he was one of the Navi like the others were. Who knows? But surely there was bound to be quite a few people as curious about this as she was.

Bishop Turner

"It's Bishop to you."
Bishop didn't want to miss this. He had a high respect for Grand Shepherd Burtch Grand Shepherd Burtch and to be invited to see him become bonded with his Angel was an esteemed honour bestowed upon him.

Wearing a ceremonial uniform, pressed and cleaned with buttons so polished they shined, Bishop stood at attention at the side. His eyes kept forward, yet they held a proud glint in them. Bishop had gone through this ceremony himself weeks ago, bonding him to his fighter Ironheart. The two worked well together, and it was going to be interesting to see how well Burtch and Shii-Cho worked in tandem. Being bonded with an Angel was the highest honour any soldier could receive. Outside of dying in battle, that is. And now it was Burtch's turn.

The Navi protects.

Daro Roz’yrn

“150 years of getting shot at for a living”
Daro followed Burtch into the atrium at a distance, and as soon as he was in the room, he veered off to sit in one of the pews. He was dressed in his best civilian clothes, and was mostly prepared to just relax and enjoy the show. He found a lone individual (Issac Hafey ) that seemed rather harmless… and a little familiar, and chose to sit next to him. As he worked his way through the room to get there, a young woman in a white shift dress and blue skin caught his eye. He glanced at her and revaluation struck him. Captain Treyfa?

Daro knew that Captain Treyfa had been Burtch’s flag captain on the cruiser version of the old HMS Shii-Cho. Daro himself had met with her on the odd occasion, although being a lowly marine, he didn’t have much business with her. Still, he couldn’t help but wonder what she had been up to in the past year since Shii-Cho had undergone her refit. Then, as if on some sort of cue, she stepped forward to meet with Burtch and the Twins at the front of the Atrium.

Daro finished his journey to his seat, shot a big tusky grin at Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Loreena Arenais-Valhoun , and then sat down to watch the spectacle, as he had now reached his destination. As he sat, he shot a sidelong glance at Issac Hafey , “hey” he whispered, “are you here for the admiral, or the captain?”

Dorthea Dobson

Chief Director of Damascus Station
And, of course, Dorthea comes in.

Dorthea, master logistician, director of Damascus Station, ex-naval officer, and estranged heiress of the Dobson Crime Family, decided to attend as well. She wasn’t a practitioner of the faith by any means, but she Grand Shepherd Burtch Grand Shepherd Burtch in high regard, as she had worked with him for many years now, and had once been his subordinate. She also knew Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Loreena Arenais-Valhoun and Daro Roz’yrn Daro Roz’yrn — although, she often avoided him if possible — and she also tried to bring her brother Viken Dobson Viken Dobson as a plus one. Whether or not he actually showed up was up to him, of course, but she tried to get him out of his lab whenever she had a chance. At least he remembers to shower, still…

She quickly spotted a man ( Kalic Daws Kalic Daws ) with a blindfold on and bandages, and a couple thoughts occured to her. One, sitting next to a bandaged man might keep people from approaching her for tedious small talk, and two, she actually felt bad for the guy. As an ex-navy officer, injured soldiers wasn’t a new thing for her, but it also taught her the importance of respecting those who made sacrifices for the greater good. While she didn’t know the man’s story, she did figure it was better to sit next to him instead of sitting alone, waiting for Viken Dobson Viken Dobson to show up, and ultimately ending up talking to someone that made the mistake of thinking she was approachable.

She quickly moved to sit beside Kalic Daws Kalic Daws . As she passed by Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Loreena Arenais-Valhoun she shot her a wink, before she reached her location and whispered to the blindfolded man, “hey! Do you know how long this is gonna take?”

Grand Shepherd Burtch

Divider12.png
The atrium had been set up with rows of pews for the coming congregation. At the front were two tables; an entechment bed, and a surgery. The event had been kept relatively low-key with limited exposure, and only a handful of invites being sent out. Burtch’s eyes scanned the seats for one face in particular, but, alas, he was no where to be found. A small pang of disappointment hit Burtch, but he also understood. Keatoch Keatoch had only really been invited, along with a few other friends, because the Keepers and Clerics had encouraged him to invite close family and friends for this. He had a handful of friends — some of whom he could already see — but only one true family member. For Keatoch to not be here, in spite of all the two brothers had been through, actually hurt Burtch a bit more than he had expected it to.

Turning his gaze to the viewport to the stars beyond the Atrium, he saw her; The Lady Shii-Cho. Her brand new, gleaming hull and seemless lines belayed how painstaking her ascension to an Ophanim had been. It was truly the first time he had seen her in over a year, and the beauty of her final form caused a swelling of emotions within him that he couldn’t comprehend. She looked like an entirely different, and much bigger ship. He attempted to reach out to her with the limited connection he shared with her when she was just a cruiser — or a Lordship — and he felt that she was still in there; she was still the same-old girl inside.

His eyes fell on the twins and every emotion inside him transformed into intense gratitude. His face went hard, as he struggled to contain his feelings.

The twins approached Burtch with bright and eager smiles, each taking one of his hands into their own and leading him over to the table, speaking to him quietly as they did so..

"Please sit down on the table in the center. We'll get you to lay down in a moment."

"Don't be afraid. The straps are just there to ensure that you remain still when the implant is inserted."

"There'll be some discomfort, but it won't hurt. We promise."

"We're so proud and excited and happy for you, Burtch."

His face softened as they gently led him to the table, and their words soothed him. Everything felt right in his life for the first time in a long time. This Bond with Shii-Cho felt to him like the most natural thing in the whole galaxy, and he knew that it was the only thing that he could ever live without regrets in doing.

The twins gently guided him as he slowly laid on the surgical table, next to the empty entechement bed. In a soothing manner, Burtch was then strapped to the table for his own safety, and he found that it was easy to relax. Burtch had a hard time imagining anything that could ruin this moment for him…

Willow & Ivy Willow & Ivy , I, Keeper Treyfa, am humbly ready to offer my soul to complete the bond between Grand Shepherd Burtch Grand Shepherd Burtch and The Lady Shii-Cho.”

Ohh… Kriff no!

Burtch attempted to jerk his head up, but the straps kept him from moving, “No! Not you! Willow & Ivy Willow & Ivy , please explain why Treyfa is even here? Why is she a Keeper? How is she going to become the soul of…”

He trailed off as realization struck him. Keeper Treyfa had disappeared from Burtch’s notice about the same time as when Shii-Cho started her ascension. She had once been the Captain of the ship, but Burtch knew that the only person whose connect to her ran deeper to Shii-Cho than Burtch’s was Treyfa.

The dots suddenly connected all at once, “You oversaw the Ascension overhauls! You were preparing her so that you could become her this whole time!”

Treyfa’s pantoran eyes twinkled in satisfaction, “yes. And I’m the reason that her Force essence remained intact during the refit...”

Burtch suddenly felt dread, “you… you’re going to lose all your memories if you go through with this! You won’t be you anymore, Treyfa! This will be the same as dying for you! You have so much to offer the Navis without becoming an Angel! You don’t have to do this!”

She rested her hand on Burtch’s forearm, and shared a look with Willow & Ivy Willow & Ivy before responding with sorrow in her eyes, “That’s the point, Burtch. I never told you why I joined the First Order Navy or why I was assigned to the lowly posting on the Lord Phonyx. And I don’t want to tell you. I’ve seen things and experienced things that I haven’t wanted to keep in my mind ever since we met. I found my solace inside the mechanisms of the old HMS Shii-Cho and I have been more and more a part of her than anything else in my life. The more I connected with her, the more I was able to leave my old life behind. But the memories are still there. Now that I have a chance to become her, I can’t imagine any other way that I would want to live. I need this Burtch. I want this. Please… let me become your ship. You know who I am, and you need someone you can count on. Please. Let me complete your Holy Bond with her…”

Burtch was lost for words. He had a million questions for Treyfa at that moment and didn’t even know where to begin. Lost, he looked towards Willow & Ivy Willow & Ivy for guidance, help, understand… anything!

He had no idea what he should do at this time…
Divider12.png
Keatoch Keatoch Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Dorthea Dobson Dorthea Dobson Daro Roz’yrn Daro Roz’yrn Bishop Turner Bishop Turner Rex Valhoun Rex Valhoun Martin Dux Var-Sulis Var-Sulis Cruk Tuk

Last edited:
Kalic honestly looked a bit shocked. That was Lori.... He knew where she'd gone, though after that nothing minus some news here or there. He slide over a bit, looking at her with a smile.

"I'm honestly surprised to see you, Lori. It's been a while. So how...." It was then that someone else sat down. He didn't recognize her, but she leaned in and whispered to ask him if he knew how long this ritual was. Kalic didn't turn to look, an old Miraluka trick, or even seem too surprised by the whisper. He just shook his head a little before saying quietly.

"This is my first time out of the med-bay since I got here, and I was curious since the folks here saved my hide." He didn't remark on the odd things in the Force that he saw around them, it wasn't exactly the focus right now. But he did catch that Burtch, who he'd learned commanded the ship sent to pick him up, and someone else talking. This connection they talked about, and the spirit in these ships he'd noticed, they were once people. People willing taking on a task that, to him, sounded like the lose of who they were before. The memories. While he couldn't imagine it, he could somewhat understand given some of the ex-Hutt employee's he'd met in his life. Some people... they couldn't run from their old lives. About like him trying to avoid his own vision to an extent.

Grand Shepherd Burtch Grand Shepherd Burtch Willow & Ivy Willow & Ivy Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Dorthea Dobson Dorthea Dobson Daro Roz’yrn Daro Roz’yrn Var-Sulis Var-Sulis Issac Hafey Bishop Turner Bishop Turner

I tucked the personal note about the invitation I would be attending in my side suit jacket. I was ready to show my face, now that the events that had taken place before had come and gone. I took much-needed time not only to recover, but to put certain "priorities" in place, including my crew for the Titana. She was shining brilliantly, both inside and out. After receiving a status on the Moon class interceptor within the bay I was confident I could attend this ceremony in peace. I was thankful to be here today and thankful to all the friends I met along the way. Of course, there was unfinished business with the likes of Rex Valhoun Rex Valhoun but that would come soon.

Arriving to the Atrium I nodded at others with a simple gesture and of course, with a stylish walk and demeanor I acted like I knew everyone there. My objective was simple. Observe and mingle. Oh? Champagne? Of course! I thought to myself as I grabbed a flute and held up a gesture of pausing for the moment. I tipped the waiter an extra 5 creds through the data link pad. According to the invitation, There were several important figures to be present. Lets see where this leads. An implant doesn't sound to bad actually. I myself was no stranger to enhancements. I took a moment to communicate Via holocron with my lieutenant aboard the Titana letting her know to commence the training sessions scheduled for the day without me. I'd catch up later.

Tag: Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Grand Shepherd Burtch Grand Shepherd Burtch

Andrew Lonek

Holy Knight Commander (Navis Sacra)
"Of course, I'm attending this bonding event. It...It's important to bond. Are we not bonded? You and I? Am I speaking an alien dialect? No? Ok then. We can learn a lot from this demonstration. The records division can't teach this. It's something you have to see for yourself." Lonek spoke into his comm attached to his left ear while smiling and nodding to others passing by. It was the invitation of a lifetime in his opinion. And he was lucky to make it in time. As He adjusted his specs, C.E.R.A. would continue running profile entries on every individual Lonek laid eyes on. Andrew was excited and saw this as an opportunity to observe and take in a demonstration that he himself may undergo someday. Protecting those in the Novis Sacra meant a lot. And integration was key.

"Just continue on gal. This is a peaceful event. No need for defensive measures or protocol. And while your at it...Search the database for my wife." He chuckles while heading to the nearest seat in anticipation.

Tag: Daro Roz’yrn Daro Roz’yrn Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Loreena Arenais-Valhoun

Lori was equally surprised to see Kalic Daws Kalic Daws here. It had been some time since she had seen him last. Not since the days when she was a part of the Eclipse Rebellion. She had not heard anything about them in ages. It made her wonder if they had disbanded. Either way it was nice to not be regarded as a terrorist anymore. Now she had to worry about being labeled as a traitor, and all for harbouring her friends that had done nothing wrong. All for not wanting to make a political spectacle of their arrests and interrogations. "It's good to see you. We'll have to catch up later."

And that was when Dorthea Dobson Dorthea Dobson had arrived. Lori was surprised to see her there. She knew that Viken Dobson Viken Dobson wasn't going to attend. The man was working on a major engineering breakthrough, something that he said would greatly enhance the maneuverability of the ships. It was hard to pry him away when he was so determined and focused on something. Lori wondered if he even slept during those times. But what he comes up with during these moments always makes it worthwhile in the end.

Out of the corner of her eye Lori spotted Var-Sulis Var-Sulis . So he is recovered....Or at least his demeanor suggested as much. That was a good thing, and for the moment it appeared that no one was trying to hunt him or Dorthea down. Good.

Grand Shepherd Burtch Grand Shepherd Burtch caught her attention next as he appeared to struggle. He clearly wasn't happy with a part of the ceremony, and after a moment she caught onto why. A friend of his was...sacrificing herself? Oh no... Lori's jaw dropped slightly. Did this religion really kill people? Was that even right? She wondered what Caedyn Arenais would think. Would he try to stop it? Or would he not interfere? Lori looked to Dorthea to see what she thought of it.

Issac Hafey

Keatoch

Vice Admiral of The Elysium Empire
This was silly. Keatoch had many better things to do than watch some religious ceremony that bordered treason to The Imperium, and certainly King Rex Valhoun wouldn't even want Keatoch attending this event, but this time nobody would get what they wanted. Burtch, Keatoch's only remaining family, was going through an incredibly important ritual regarding his religion. A religion Keatoch had nothing to do with. During this ritual Burtch would be receiving a neural implant, or so the invitation claimed. Keatoch was very uneasy about the whole thing, but especially the implant. But it was Burtch's decision, not his.

More concerning than the ritual itself is the political aspect of things. Burtch was a Grand Admiral of The Elysium Imperium, formerly The Elysium Empire. Recently Burtch had accepted the title "Grand Shepard" with The Nomadic People's Coalition, a new nation that only secured independence by negotiating with The Queen, without King Rex's oversight. Keatoch had since heard Rex express his dismay at the situation when explaining the military arrangements.

Could Burtch legally hold commission with The Imperium
and The Nomadic Peoples? Keatoch knew the politics of The Imperium well. The law of the land was rather simple. But there was no clear answer to this question. Aculia Voland had done mercenary work lately, but she was never swearing allegiance to another nation. She was simply bringing some extra income into The Imperium and her own pockets, and showing the strength of her battlegroup.

Keatoch was of the opinion that no, Burtch should not serve two nations, even if the two nations were allied and neighbors. Especially since Rex Valhoun never intended to give independence to The Nomads. Therefore he thought it was a terrible idea...an idea that would annoy The King, annoy The Imperial and Elysium Imperial Bloc, and possibly even hurt Keatoch's own political asperations. Despite the mystery of The Chiss, it was no secret to the galaxy that they tended to put their family above their own desires. But Burtch certainly was not doing that. Keatoch had shed some of the cultural norms of The Chiss people, such as their distrust of other species, but he could never turn his back on his family, even if his family consisted of only one person.

Regardless, Keatoch realised that this was a religious matter regarding some strange ship-worshipping people within The Nomadic People's Coalition. It was very bizarre, and perhaps very foolish of Burtch to continue down this path, but at the least, Keatoch could gather some information on these strange people.

Willow and Ivy watched and listened to the exchange between Keeper Treyfa and Grand Shepherd Burtch Grand Shepherd Burtch . They let the two have their moment. It was difficult for the twins to be sad, however, for they knew what Treyfa would become. They knew what the bond between Treyfa and Burtch would become. The difference between this ceremony and the others is that both the Keeper and the Grand Shepherd knew eachother very well. And in some ways this was a test for something that the twins needed to do to safeguard their future.

Stepping inbetween the two tables, the twins took hold of each of their hands, Willow holding onto Burtch's, while Ivy held onto Treyfa's, so that they could better connect to them both. And while they did so, the entenchment process was being prepared as they spoke. I.V.'s were inserted and various sensors attached for monitoring.

"Keeper Treyfa requested this as her reward for rescuing us."

"And we had to accept. Her love of flying and her knowledge of it makes her the perfect fit."

"We've stored her good memories that she wished to preserve, as we do with all Keepers that make this sacrifice."

"You know her voice and will hear her always as Willow and I hear eachother. You will work together as one."

"Everything in space wants to kill you, and as the Lady Shii-Cho, Keeper Treyfa will be able to protect you from those dangers, just as you will protect and look after her."

"Keeper Treyfa is not dying."

"She is trading one physical body for another."

"We both can't wait to see what you two accomplish together."

A signal to the twins was given. Everything was ready. The pair gave Burtch and Treyfa encouraging smiles before closing their eyes, relaxing their features and dipping their heads. They listened to the steady beeps of the monitors, each revealing the heartbeats of the two on the tables. They allowed the steady rythyms to put them into a trance as they focused on the strands of webs of the Force that eminated from the four of them. Carefully and gently they encased Treyfa's strands with their own, while at the same time working on severing it from her body. And as they did so, the implant was inserted into the back of Burtch's head. The beeps for Treyfa's heart slowed down the moment that they pulled her strands away. The twins guided Treyfa's strands over to Burtch's and encased them both. Ivy ensured no other strands would find their way in while Willow began the process to 'stitch' them together. Already the two could see it working as their colours mingled.

Treyfa's heart slowed with each passing moment until it stopped beating alltogether and her monitor was shut off. The entenchment process was nearly complete. The twins began to pull their own strands in the Force away, slowly so as to ensure that the bond between Burtch and Treyfa was made.

And once they were satisfied they woke themselves up from their trance, opened their eyes and lifted their heads. Ivy let go of Treyfa's hand, setting it down gently and then placed her hand on Burtch's forehead. The two kept their focus entirely on him.

"How do you feel?"

"Can you hear her? Can you feel her with you?"

Issac Hafey Kalic Daws Kalic Daws Var-Sulis Var-Sulis Keatoch Keatoch

Dorthea Dobson

"This is my first time out of the med-bay since I got here, and I was curious since the folks here saved my hide."

Dorthea raised an eyebrow at Kalic Daws Kalic Daws as he seemed to have no manners. Even blind, Dorthea and her sensibilities determined that for a man to not even turn in the general direction of someone that was talking to them was rude. Dorthea shot Loreena a look of disgust as if to wordlessly say "what's up with this guy?".

Keeping her tone cordial she tried to maintain the benefit of the doubt though, as it wouldn't be the first time she'd misjudged a person on flimsy behavioural quirks. Maybe an injury kept him from turning around? "I'm happy to see you're alright." Then a thought occured to her. She didn't follow medical reports often anymore, as she was responsible for a station that housed over a billion people, but she did still follow Burtch's exploits, and she seemed to recall something about a being he had brought back… suddenly she blurted out, "You're a miraluka, aren't you?" She was suddenly interested in learning more about the man.

Then, out of the corner of her eye, she saw Var-Sulis Var-Sulis come into the atrium. She shot him a quick wave and a cordial smile in an effort to invite him over. But Andrew Lonek Andrew Lonek was immediately behind Var and Dorthea suddenly worried that Andrew might've accidentally mistaken her invite for him instead of Var… Dorthea suddenly felt a little embarrassed.

Grand Shepherd Burtch

Divider12.png

Stars.

Burtch found himself floating in the stars once again, without a ship, planet, or spacesuit. Again, he could breath, and he was trying to make out the constellations. It didn't take him long to realize that he was near the Praeda system this time, as opposed to the Dagobah system last time.

And same as before, there she was.

This time, a kilometre and a half tall, she still held her crude iron shield, and short sword. Her eyes glowed a yellow-green now, and her skin colour was still incomprehensible to Burtch's mind. Otherwise, she still lacked features, such as hair, finger nails, eyebrows, etc. And again, there was that warrior's fire in her eyes. They longed for Burtch, called to him, and drew him to her. They were less angry this time, as he had not abandoned her like before. This time, they were coming to each other. He was ready. He started to take a step towards her…

… suddenly, someone grabbed his hand! It startled him and he jerked his head to look.

There was Treyfa's pantoran face, looking up at him. Uncharacteristic sadness filled her eyes, and Burtch could feel her emotions the moment she touched him. They were beginning to bond. He could feel how she craved the embrace of the mighty Angel before them both. He tried to talk to her, but no words came from his mouth.

Instead, a single tear fell from her eyes and she opened her own mouth to speak. Instead of words, Burtch began to experience memories, as they were being ripped from her mind. Memories of a time when she had been happily married, aspiring to children, and always in the embrace of a faceless lover.

Then, the lover leaves to find his fortune, working for a public industry of the First Order, and he never returns.

Treyfa's memories then shift to a time when she joins the First Order navy to seek training and resources as an intelligence officer, to try and find her love once again. She works hard, begins to excel, and then is noticed by the wrong people. An abusive training officer attempts to take advantage of her. Memories turn blurry for a moment, and then she is forcibly removed from the intelligence program to protect the reputation of the abusive training officer. She is moved to gunnery training, and is shoved into a posting that will never see action.

Her ship is then captured by the Elysium Empire, and she sees an opportunity. She strikes a deal to serve as long as the Elysium military helps her search for her lost husband. It takes years, and the results of the search are devastating. What she had thought might've been tragedy that had befallen her love had actually been another woman stealing his heart.

She dedicates herself to her life on the Shii-Cho. She tries to forget, acting as though nothing is wrong. Many battles are fought, people come-and-go or die, but Shii-Cho remains. The ship becomes her solace, her purpose, and her protector. On the outside, people see a quirky, yet professional officer, but inside, she buries her pain.

Then, she meets the twins. They take her in, teach her to become a keeper, and she craves the life of being a ship; powerful, unyielding, and dispassionate. She dedicates a year of her life to ascending Shii-Cho, while preparing for the time when she can be anointed. Now she has finally arrived…

Burtch found himself carrying Treyfa in his arms, and the sound of Willow & Ivy Willow & Ivy singing seemed to be in the air around him. He walked on a floor that he couldn't see amongst the stars as if he was in a trance. He approached the massive, bald woman, as she approached the two of them. Soon, they were face-to-face. Burtch began to feel a range of emotions that were a mixture of his own and others. Shii-Cho's wrath, Treyfa's pain, and his own resolve. In his chest, he thought he felt the barrier between him, Treyfa and the large Angel. He could feel the pull of the Twins as if they were trying to force him through a small hole that was in the wall. Burtch pushed his fear aside and closed his eyes, and simply let himself fall through the hole, succumbing to the will of the prophets. As he did so, the massive woman wrapped her hands around him and Treyfa…

"How do you feel?"

"Can you hear her? Can you feel her with you?"

Burtch's eyes snapped open and he was hyperventilating! He began to panic, trying to move within the restraints that contained him. It took him a few moments to sort out what had just happened in his mind before he could answer. Out of breath, he replied, "I… feel her. She is with Shii-Cho… no… she is Shii-Cho! I can't hear her voice, but I can feel her soul, and the connection… it's very… confusing…"

Kalic smiled and nodded at Lori, quick to agree to catching up. There was a lot that had happened over time, that was for sure. So much to explain. His attention was drawn elsewhere though as he listened to Dorthea's reaction. He could see into her mind like a Jedi could, be he could see. So her silent response got a slight chuckle from him. She said it was good to see he was alive, but a realization seemed to hit her.

"I am," he said as he turned his head to look at her, though he noticeably kept his back straight. "Sorry about that. Take a couple days to get use to turning to things around other species again." It wasn't exactly a lie. Miraluka saw through the Force. They didn't necessarily need to turn their heads so much as their focus. Similar to covering they vestigial eye sockets though it was a practice they usually followed to help ease others. But in this case he was showing off in all reality. His focus soon caught to the ritual though.

He watched as the Force signatures seemed to come together, move, and shift. It almost looked like dance, or maybe a tech hard at work on electrical systems.... It was sort of hard to explain. But it was different. Thankfully he was staying in the present right now and able to watch this. He realized something was familiar about the way Willow and Ivy looked. He knew he'd seen them when he was taken by the Empress , before he was.... He didn't want to think about it. But it was something more recent. Maybe a question for another day, if he could ask at least. But at the end he noticed some that had struck him as odd a few times. The strange... almost tether that he'd been seeing. Was... this it? Well now he was really curious what was going on with that.

Grand Shepherd Burtch Grand Shepherd Burtch Willow & Ivy Willow & Ivy Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Dorthea Dobson Dorthea Dobson Daro Roz’yrn Daro Roz’yrn Var-Sulis Var-Sulis Issac Hafey Bishop Turner Bishop Turner Keatoch Keatoch Andrew Lonek Andrew Lonek

Dorthea Dobson

"I am," he said as he turned his head to look at her, though he noticeably kept his back straight. "Sorry about that. Take a couple days to get use to turning to things around other species again."

So he is self-aware. Dorthea observed. The fact that he picked up on her previous mistake and had mentioned it in an apologetic response spoke volumes about his manners. Being a rather critical person, Dorthea respected beings with good manners. Her opinion of the man suddenly completely inverted on itself, and reflex, she shot out a hand and said, “Not a concern, at all. It’s a pleasure to meet you. My Name is Dorthea Dobson, and Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Loreena Arenais-Valhoun here is my employer. What is your name, and what brings you to the Grand Shepherd’s bonding ritual?”

For a moment, Dorthea stopped to watch the ritual take place. She had known all along that Treyfa was going to become the anointed Keeper of The Lady Shii-Cho, but Treyfa had practically threatened her into secrecy. Having been the old quartermaster on the old HMS Shii-Cho, Treyfa had been her commanding officer at one point, and had dirt in Dorthea over the years. Dorthea had been forced to comply.

Still, part of her was sad to see Treyfa sacrifice a part of herself like this. She knew very little about Treyfa’s past, but she knew better than anyone how dedicated Treyfa was to Shii-Cho. If anyone deserved to “become her soul” it was Treyfa…

Willow and Ivy looked to eachother briefly before returning their gaze to Grand Shepherd Burtch Grand Shepherd Burtch . Still they spoke quietly to him, both to calm him and to keep their conversation a little less public.

"You will hear her soon. Both of you will need time to adjust."

"But you'll do so well! We're so happy for you both. You're almost like us."

"And we hope you like how your Lady Shii-Cho has ascended. You'll tour her soon "

The twins smiled once more at him, before nodding to the medical team to remove his straps and unhook him from the monitors. At the same time a white sheet embroidered with the Navis Sacra insignia was draped over Treyfa's body. They then turned to face the witnesses and guests seated in front of them.

"Their bonding is complete. Keeper Treyfa has ascended to become an Angel."

"Her dedication to protect the Nomadic People's Coalition and the care to the Lady Shii-Cho have earned her her ascension."

"Shepherd Burtch has himself ascended to that of Grand Shepherd. His heroism, loyalty and dedication towards building up and protecting everyone here have granted him this reward."

"It is because of Navi such as Grand Shepherd Burtch and Keeper Treyfa that we on Damascus Station are safe and thrive. The Navis protects."

"Please join us in congratulating them."

Without a second's hesitation, Willow and Ivy stepped aside and began to applaud. The medical staff and other Navi began to do the same.

Kalic Daws Kalic Daws Keatoch Keatoch Var-Sulis Var-Sulis

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom