Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Planet Natro-Terra

Status
Not open for further replies.
ecumenopolis_planet_by_gurra943-dbdiqb6.png

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

Intent: Create a highly populated planet in the Unknown Region​
Image Credit: https://www.deviantart.com/art/Ecumenopolis-planet-687836850
Canon: n/a
Links: n/a
GENERAL INFORMATION

Planet Name: Natro-Terra
Demonym: Neo Terra Incognita or more commonly Terrans
Region: Unknown Region
System Name: Neo-Natro System
System Features: Habitable Moon of a nearby Gas Giant, Moon Colony of their own, Second Habitable Planet. The Kyr'am Nebula
Coordinates: M, 22
Major Imports: Hyperspace Tech, Food Goods, Raw Material
Major Exports: Industrial Goods, Starship Components

GEOGRAPHIC INFORMATION

Gravity: Standard
Climate: Standard
Primary Terrain: Landmass is covered with Urbanized Building

Major Locations:
  • The Grand City of Boctama: Named after the captain of the lead Sleeper Ship, and leader of the first survival group. The city of Boctama flurised and became the capital of the planet. This was the center of power for the planet, and acts as the central trading hub as in the center of the city was a Orbital Elevator that they used as a trading hub and port for the fleets above. It is often said that the Grand City actually encompasses the whole planet, and as the planet has no land mass showing on it surface, with buildings and factories everywhere, they are not wrong. The city is sectioned off into 13 sectors, each regulated and given strict codes as to who can live and work their. This is not to control the citizens, but keep the planet itself organized and prevent logistical issues in the future. The sections are grouped together and in circular pattern so travel distance between sections are not difficult should a worker wish to live in a different section. From orbit, it can looks as though the planet is linked up by multiple circular chains of light.
  • https://novosti-n.org/ukraine/read/124691.html
  • The Antorian Districts: Not really part of the Grand City is the Antorian District, a group of Terrans who consider themselves the best shipbuilders and navigators on the planet. Made up of an entire continent of the planet, this district of the planet is devoted to constructing, researching, and navigating the ability to cut through their space. They are the Institute that build the first rebuilt FTL Engine for their military. They even control most space shipyards in orbit of the planet and the Elizebithan Station.
  • http://coolvibe.com/2010/docks-ii/
  • Elizebithan Station: Named after the women who engineered and constructed the massive orbital elevator station that hung over the capital Grand City. This station acts as a trade hub for the many colonies, as well as the shipyard and port for the military needs of the planet. The station is a massive 10K station that is held in geostationary orbit by a cable that reaches the surface and connects it to the Capital City that is the heartbeat of the planet itself.
  • https://humanityplus.wordpress.com/2017/06/08/space-elevators-from-science-fiction-to-reality/

Force Nexus: None
POPULATION

Native Species: Neo Terra Incognita / commonly called Terran, (Human Natives)
Immigrated Species: None
Population: Heavily Populated
Demographics: 99% Terran, 1% other
Primary Languages: Natronian, some Galactic Standard
Culture: Pre-Hyperspace Society, the inhabitants of the planet are deeply rooted with exploring and navigating the nearby star systems.

GOVERNMENT & ECONOMY

Government: Democratic Federal Unitary State
Affiliation: None
Wealth: High, It has just entered the late stages of Pre-Hyperspace Society, and frozen at that time unable to continue on. They have completely set up System wide mining stations and Colonies as well as Terraformed a nearby planet. This has made it a trading hub for the whole system.
Stability: Being a Democratic planetary nation, they are a very stable planet with little able to topple them. Resistance from Xenophobic Parties have grown since their discovery.
Freedom & Oppression: The people of the planet face a large oversight government that takes over day to day governing and taxation as well as protection. Though it still allows the citizens a large amount of freedom and off handedness towards Private Businesses.

MILITARY & TECHNOLOGY

Military: The planet has a strong developed military, though they lack Hyperspace Technology. Their Navy and Military are proven in combat as before their discovery they had ended a 6 year long civil war that destroyed the ecosystem of a moon of a gas giant that hosted the capital colony of the losing side.
Technology: Galactic Standard, excluding the ability to manufacture Hyperspace Drives.

HISTORICAL INFORMATION
Discovered by Scouts paid by the United Trade Conglomerate, the planet and its system was discovered in 846 BBY and handed over Hyperlane Charts to the Director of the Trade Conglomerate. It was at this point that Intelligent Life was discovered and they were forced to pull out. UTC Charter dictated that planets with Life were to invite the Trading Company into their system before the company could negotiate terms of trade. They attempted to contact the species but nothing was returned. This was then decided that the species was not intelligent enough to make Hyperspace Communications and as such did not fall under the charters defense. They moved a listening post on a Gas Giant and their expectation was entirely shattered. Through Research, this is what the explorers were able to uncover.

Natro-Terra was once a barren world, a sleeper ship fleet that was sent from Coruscant to land in the Unknown Region had missed its mark and crash landed here. They crashed due to a Ion Storm in an uncharted Nebula spiral that caused the Ships to loose control and fall to the planet. Once the survivors awoke from their sleep and ventured into the Barren Wasteland that was there new home, many did not survive their future. Thanks to some lucky genetics and the wide range of genetic diversity though they were able to survive and build new settlements out of their crashed ships. These humans then slowly evolved separately from their Human Roots and became a race of their own. It was thanks to a thick electron nebula storm that touched the outer reached of their solar system to the reasoning they crashed. During their survival however, they had lost the ability to construct Faster than Lights Engines and were stuck on this new harsh world. The atmosphere was breathable to their Human Lungs and the gravity did not bother them as well. It was believed that the previous inhabitants of the planet had killed their race in some kind of nuclear final action. They were lucky enough to arrive in the later stages of the recovery period. It was however, still very difficult to scrap out a survivable life in the early years of the settlement. Thanks to some Botanist and Geneticist that they were able to make the planet agriculture bend to their will. This saved the new inhabitants of this world and as such they made it a place to live out their lives. That was over 30,000 years before their discovery. They named their planet Natro Terra after a glitch in their archives that named their homeworld as Natro, when they truly came from Notron, current day Coruscant. It was a mix of their new language to called the named the world, “Outsiders Homeworld” and they called themselves the “New Outsiders of the Unknown”. Untouched by the idea of the Force, or its teachings, the newly named Neo Terra Incognitas did have some Force Users within their society that was more of a help than a hindrance. Not assigned to any religious order or specific teachings, Force Users were nothing more than workers who had an extra set of skills. Telepathy and Small changes to the environment was the best these Users could do as they did not have the teachings to do more, and Force Researchers really had no need for anything more than lifting large objects and sometimes assisting with security. At some point in their history a Force Using Dictator had risen to power and nearly conquered the world to place the People of Power on the top of the Hierarchy. This was put down however, by the current government in power, the United Federation of Nations. Force Users are not a bother anymore and treated as equals within the planets society and many live in peace with those who have the ability.

Though they lost the Tech to create FTL Engines, they also still had the knowledge that was not destroyed by the many wars the Old Republic had with the many Sith Invasions. It was also due to the Nebula Spiral that they were tucked away in that they were unable to be found by passing explorers. As such, they pushed the bounds of their understanding and technology as they pushed their barren world into a world covered in metal, in recent years they were able to create a Urbanization that encompassed all landmass of the world. Due to this they pushed their limits of the heavens and as their cities reached for the skies, so did their ambitions. Thanks to Pre-Republic Space Tech, the planet started to colonies the other planets in their system and soon began to push the boundaries of the Nebula that cut them off from the galaxy at large. Though they were slow, they were able to re-engineer the dimensional drive from their ancient ship that brought them here. They also became skilled pilots and navigators as shown in their now long history of navigating the star system.

During the age of the thousand years war for the rest of the galaxy, in 500 BBY they found a new ability of space flight opened a whole new door for the planet, It was now able to access the resources of other planets and not their own.

In 400 BBY, this pushed them to Terraforming a sister planet near them, and several moons in the orbit of a Gas Giant in their system. Finally being completely colonized by the year of 46 ABY.

These worlds lived in struggle as they tried to wiggle from the grasp of their motherworld. War was a constant in any society that could not agree, as such was the history of this period. This age was called the Crimson Space Age for the System and lasted between 156 ABY to if near concussion in 336 ABY. However, the planets still stayed united, and together they flourished into a system that was able to work within itself and its military force showed this.

In 400 ABY, the system was finally united and the new vain of resources allowed the planet grown in both construction and technology, and as any world that thrives, they were to prepare for the worst as well. This new line of resources had allowed the planets land mass to be covered in Man-Made Buildings and Factories the became the Heart of the System. The Urbanization of the planet has created a single level of metal that covers the once barren world.

Many years later however, in 830 ABY, the system became unstable. A group of Neo Terra Incognitas wished to push past the territories and find out if their long lost home spoken in legends still lived. The government wished to hold off before doing so and build up an armament before doing so. Impatiently the others turned to rebellion in hopes of gaining the ships needed and going to search for those who knew of the world they called their birthworld, Notron. This Rebellion took 6 long years and the destruction of a agriculture moon that the planet had terraformed that was the HQ for the Rebelling Forcing. This just showed how strong the central government was and they now lived in harmony and peace with an experienced military in place should they be attacked again.

This information was relayed to the galaxy and contact with the planet was opened to the larger galaxy after a meeting with the United Trading Conglomerate. From there they opened trade relations and entered the galactic stage with limited ability to transit through the galaxy.

[member="Jaster of Clan Awaud"]

Lots of things to dig through here, but I think I basically got it now.

First of- I am not comfortable approving a Coruscant-scale city planet in the Unknown Regions that is completely unknown to anyone other than your own company, while also having export and import relationships as defined by your own field.

I also need you to clearly define in what way these guys are more advanced than the Galactic Core and you will need some solid explanation for that as well.

Let me know once u have fixed both these things and we will move to the next thing.

[member="Jairus Starvald"]

I have changed the planet to Galactic Standard as this planet will be used for a Faction Thread and just to fill a Hex. If this still requires me to change the statues of being found by others then myself, then I will change it. Thanks.

That's better, but I still need you to change the references of it being unknown to everyone else.

A planet that has colonized its systems and is actively exporting/importing things is not something I am comfortable stamping as being unknown to the rest of the Galaxy. Especially considering its a Coruscant-grade city planet in the Unknown Regions, which is... rather formidable by itself.

Nope, that works fine for me.

Please swap out the image credit you are linking to the art page rather than a direct image. And remove the mention of "IRL latina" in the language field, because the Codex doesn't accept RL cross-references of any kind.

Zeradias Mant

Democracy Dies in Darkness

Climate should be it's own reference, rather than compared to another planet. Additionally, if the UTC is a played faction, please add a link to it in the Links field.

Perhaps I'm missing it, but I'm not seeing why the planet would have evaded detection of the galaxy at large for so long.

My biggest concern though is that I'm very skeptical as to how an ecumenopolis could be achieved at all on this planet, at least in this time frame, given the many constraints it faces. Per the Wiki, sleeper ships weren't sent out from Coruscant until the discovery of the planet in 30,000 BBY. Interaction with the galaxy was nonexistent until very recently, FTL and hyperspace technology were also very limited if at all existent. It took tens of thousands of years to full develop Coruscant into an ecumenopolis, and that was without the same constraints faced on Natro-Terra.

I would recommend that you perhaps tone down the scale of the urbanization and say that while the native people were heartily expanding at home, they lacked the means to truly achieve rapid urbanization until the involvement of the UTC, which may have helped them ramp up development efforts.

[member="Zeradias Mant"]

Climate changed to standard, mainly because I don't know how it would change to the landmass of man made buildings.

The planet is found in and around a Nebula Spiral, like the Hapes Cluster. Changed the Description so its more obvious and not just one sentence.

I thought a Ecumenopolis was a planet that is covered in layered constructed building. This is also one of a few planets I will be submitting as the Terrans colonized their whole system so they did not urbanize their whole planet alone. If that counts for anything. As such I edited to state they Urbanized the Landmass to a single level as the planet was a Barren World. Is that okay or lower it more?

Zeradias Mant

Add that nebula to the System Features field as well, please.

I would say it's still a bit of a stretch given the timeline, but I haven't seen anything in the Historical Information section to indicate any changes to the level of urbanization the planet has seen.

Zeradias Mant

There is a specific field for system features in the General Information section. That is where the nebula spiral should go.

As such, they pushed the bounds of their understanding and technology as they pushed their barren world into a world covered in metal, in recent years they were able to create a Ecumenopolis that encompassed their world. Due to this they pushed their limits of the heavens and as their cities reached for the skies, so did their ambitions
Remove the highlighted.

I see the changes with the layer of metal, but I have no idea what you mean by that.

Sleeper ships weren't developed and dispatched from Coruscant until around 30,000 BBY. You're going to need to adjust your timeline accordingly.

It would also be helpful if you included rough time marks or chronological terms (i.e: much later, however many years later, etc.) for certain milestones, such as achieving spaceflight and colonizing other planets, so as to not make it all sound so consolidated.

[member="Zeradias Mant"]

Edit was made in 400 ABY added now,
"The Urbanization of the planet has created a single level of metal that covers the once barren world."

All other edits have been made as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom