Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Skirmish National Treasure: Crown of Ukatis

Kingsley

intergalactic bird of mystery
Z2Ip273.png

UKATIS ROYAL PALACE
AXILLA CITY

Agrarian worlds like Ukatis were easy marks for a job like this. Backwater aristocrats with delusions of grandeur often threw such lavish parties. Soon enough the crown would be on public display but for now it still gleamed in Cholmondeley's private vault. Laughter echoed from elsewhere in the royal estate where Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania was trapped entertaining local high society. Kingsley's beak curved up into a sinister grin.

"Rrrrawwwk!" the thief activated his comlink, "Everyone ready?"

Closing his eyes, he jumped. A groan of pain was driven from his stomach when the rope tied around his waist broke Kingsley's fall. He was now dangling over the vault floor which was connected to a still very online alarm system. Local treasures gleamed all around him as the bird spun around in slow circles. His eyes were like saucers. Surrounded by so much wealth. Festival season parties like this one were the perfect opportunity to infiltrate an otherwise impenetrable fortress while posing as hired help or visiting socialites.

"I see the crown!" he called back up the rope to one of his accomplices, "Swing me that way!"

Kingsley started rocking back and forth to help build some momentum. For now, the crown was still out of reach. Footsteps echoed off stone much closer than noise from the party. His eyes widened in alarm when he realized someone was coming this way.

"Dank farik! I need a distraction. Quick, someone cause a scene with the princess."

Aculia Voland

Protecting her children from the shadows.
M6Ol4fx.png

In many ways, this “festival” had all of the things that deeply annoyed Aculia wrapped into one. Sanctimonious Jedi, useless nobles,scheming socialites, and Alliance patriots, all of whom thought consciously or unconsciously they were the Force’s gift to the galaxy. Yet, it paid attention to keep tabs on them for her own interests and the interests of her family, especially considering she had heard the demigod-like Noble family was going to be in attendance today Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble Valery Noble Valery Noble . She had briefly encountered them years ago at Aing-Ti, and while their blades had not crossed, she had marked them out to be a potential SSS class threat almost instantly observing how they skirmished against Darth Vyle Darth Vyle . Simply watching them from the shadows made today this trip worth it.

That and the free drinks.

Aculia sipped her Bespin Port, quietly and unassumingly sitting down in an alcove in one of the main party chambers, just observing. It made it bearable…barely. She largely despised the aristocratic classes in general after her service to them in the Elysium Empire, where she had been genuinely trying to fight for the “greater good”, only for them to end up being useless and letting it all fall to ash in the end while they retreated to their fancy palaces as if nothing had happened and they had not destroyed millions of lives in their ambition.

She briefly wondered if Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania was like that, if the Sith truly became a threat again, would she actually go down fighting for this Alliance or do what ninety-nine percent of nobles did, cut a deal and continue on with her life of luxury? She had yet to meet the host of the party and was not in any hurry to do so.

I wish for once something interesting would happen, but it looks like I’m going to be here for hours yet. I hope there aren’t any more speeches, the Jedi and the Alliance could kill all the Sith with those alone if they could force them to stay in a room to listen.

Last edited:

Z2Ip273.png

Ukatis Royal Palace
Tags: Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania , Kingsley Kingsley , Open...

bird_boi_sig.png

Goldwing, Epo-1, R5-T399

Shem didn't often attend fancy events of this caliber. He was just a bird that deeply loved freedom and adventure, drifting through the stars to see what lie beyond his sight. His father Yulon was quick to remind him that as the son of the only Rishii chieftain on Sellia I, he was in fact a prince. Go figure. While his father placed no pressure on him to take up the mantle of chieftain one day, he did explain that their was an importance to have a good relationship with other worlds in the Alliance, and him being a Jedi put him in an interesting position. Shem wasn't forced to come, but he did attend willingly, at least to support his old man.

The two Rishii stood outside. Yulon was dressed in his finest clothes, breaking out his best sky-blue cape for the occasion. Shem wore a suit, sleeveless of course, with a green bowtie that definately wasn't his ascot in disguise. The older bird leaned down, adjusting his son's vest.

"Lookin' sharp, kiddo," the chieftain complimented with a grin. "Don't go breaking any hearts now."

"Dad," Shem sighed.

"Sorry," Yulon chuckled. "Just trying to lighten the mood... Thank you for attending with me. You didn't have to."

"It's okay," the fledgling assured. "I can handle myself."

His R5 companion Tepp rolled up, a bowtie attached to his chassis just below his swiveling head. The droid had received an oil bath and polish just for the event. He spouted a few beeps of reassurance that he would keep an eye on Shem, to which Yulon gave a grateful bow.

"Thank you both," he nodded. "Right then. Let's get in there."

The three entered, with Yulon splitting off to go look for potential allies. Shem meanwhile, with Tepp close behind, simply began to aimlessly wander.

This was gonna be boring. He was sure of it.

The Banquet of Jewels hadn't been thrown in just over a decade. The ostentatious party was traditionally hosted by Ukatis' current Queen; but since the passing of Drusilla von Cholmendeley, there'd been no suitably titled royal woman to plan the celebration. That was, until Crown Prince Horace had been wed.

Thus, the expectation fell to his wife. Cora could have done without the affair entirely—men never seemed to realize or appreciate the level of effort that went into coordinating lavish festivities—but she ultimately acquiesced out of duty. Guests were bedecked in all manner of finery, indulgent drinks and food were being served, and everyone was eager to view the centerpiece that would be brought into the banquet hall at the end of the night.

The Crown of Ukatis.

With a gracious smile and a dignified demeanor that had been honed over years of attending court, Princess Corazona von Cholmondeley played hostess to a horde of Ukatian aristocrats and a smaller number of off-world guests. Foreigners, especially those of an alien nature, were regarded with respectful curiosity by the natives.

To their faces, at least.

"Ahm, yes, I believe it was my great-grand uncle's second cousin twice removed who went hunting fifteen years ago with King Robert…or, hrm, was it his third cousin once removed-"

Cora regarded Lord Fenton with a pleasant, unmoving smile as the man struggled to recall which of his distant relatives had been a good friend of her father-in-law. The Princess had been assailed by various nobles all night, all eager to curry favor with the crown. It had been exciting and uplifting for her ego at first, but now the bland conversations were beginning to tire her.

"Lord Fenton, I believe that my husband loves to hunt." She chimed in during an appropriate pause, waving a hand to gesture in Horace's direction. Across the room, the Prince laughed charmingly along with something Duke Calixto had just said. "Perhaps you two can plan to take a hunt together sometime? He's been meaning to spend more time with you."

Lord Fenton's eyes brightened, and he excused himself from the conversation to eagerly toddle over to the Prince. Cora simply smiled and sipped from her glass of wine, eyes following the overweight Lord as he attempted to muscle into the chat.

And shoot my husband in the head while you're at it.

The night was going well so far.

52383b99-aebd-4e09-a081-76dda1c666c7

A particularly tall servant moved through the crowd with a tray of long-stemmed glasses over one shoulder. She was suitably meek and well-mannered as she offered glasses of drink.

Khallesh despised herself for sullying her tongue with their infidel language in such a demeaning way. Her people had been scattered and she was forced to live off mercenary work for their kind.

"Dank farik! I need a distraction. Quick, someone cause a scene with the princess."

Khallesh stepped past Lord Fenton. He slowed and glanced over his shoulder at the surprisingly tall servant.

Khallesh offered the tray towards Corazona.

While he wasn't exactly in his element - his element had turned out to be high-stakes adventure and crime, apparently - Jacen was quite familiar with how these sorts of parties functioned. Thus, he was among the first to volunteer for the job of distracting the princess.

Someone else was already posing as a servant, and Jacen knew better than to try and mind trick his way in. Instead, he told the guards outside the banquet hall exactly who he really was: "Prince Jiro Ike of Atrisia."

His mother's surname carried enough clout to raise their eyebrows. His title and name were formally announced to the guests, and just like that, he was in.

Though the crowds were dense, it was easy to spot the princess. She was surrounded by a flock of sycophants, but it seemed she had just begun to thin the herd.

"Lord Fenton, I believe that my husband loves to hunt. Perhaps you two can plan to take a hunt together sometime? He's been meaning to spend more time with you."

As the portly Lord Fenton waddled off, the lanky Jacen stepped in to fill the space he left behind. "Princess Corazona," he greeted her with a bow. "Atrisia wishes you and your husband well. You have thrown a most excellent party." Still maintaining eye contact with the princess, he smoothly took a drink from a nearby servant's tray. "I heard you have plans for the improvement of your world. Atrisia is one of the galaxy's leaders in new technology. If there is anything you need to accomplish your goals, we would be happy to help."

He was hoping to get her talking about her plans, and thus too busy prattling on to notice anything amiss.

Z2Ip273.png

Kingsley Kingsley Aculia Voland Aculia Voland Shem Spinner Shem Spinner Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania Khallesh Khallesh Jacen Nimdok Jacen Nimdok (sorry to the last two I was posting as you were!)

Kuzo was excited in the way only someone who had no real idea of the possibility of 'consequences' could be. Kingsley Kingsley had managed to convince the Nezumi that this was the highest level of art to which beings of their caliber could aspire. He didn't remember exactly HOW the Hiitian had done it, but by the end Kuzo had been ready to do whatever he'd been asked.

Except-

"You want ME to hold the ROPE? The rope that YOU will be dangling from, over the treasure room?"

Now, Kuzo was not a particularly smart Nezumi, by anyone's standards. But for a moment, one glorious moment, he held a whole two braincells between his ears long enough to have a thought past the immediate needs of the present.

It had fortunately given Kingsley a moment's pause, and the ability to consider the suggestion and the fact that Kuzo only came up to his ankle if the Nezumi stood on his toes and perked his ears all the way up and maybe jumped a little.

Maybe something else, he'd agreed.

Which was how he'd been set to monitor the Princess. Honestly, an inspired choice. Kuzo was small, quiet, quick. Had Kingsley or Kuzo thought of it?

No. That required at least three braincells. Kuzo drew the right straw.

Kuzo, peaking out from beneath a table cloth, perked up.

"On it boss!"

There were other people, on the same assignment. Smarter people. People with a better plan. Honestly, Kuzo should have stopped to consider and see what the others were doing before committing.

The Nezumi didn't think. Only acted. It was an immediate problem that required an immediate solution! Scampering out on all fours, Kuzo made an immediate beeline for Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania . Running under shoes, over boots, ricocheting off of a corner table, the little creature launched himself at her skirt. He had a little practice at this by now. Claws dug into the fabric and he started to climb, as quickly as he was able.

Someone screamed.

"IT'S A RAT!"

"Excuse you! I'm not-"

Things devolved from there.

Last edited:

Z2Ip273.png

AXILLA CITY, UKATIS
ABOVE THE PALACE VAULT

For obvious reasons, Judd had to stay out of sight of the Ukatian population.

A prissy, cloistered nobleman would likely keel over on the spot, were they to spot the tall, muscular figure of the Dowutin, hunched down on the beautifully ornate roof of the royal palace. From what he knew of the planet, non-humans were an oddity. A hulking pirate medic would be either the star of the show, or ran out of town with torches and pitchforks.

It had been him who'd used a plasma cutter to breach the ceiling, and pull up the stone cutout before it could clatter into the motion sensors beneath. He'd managed to tie the rope off to a decorative spire, though he doubted it would hold for long. Which was fine. He was anchoring it, too, to pull the old bird back up when they pilfered the fancy hat.

He'd probably do it better than, say, a diminutive rat-man. Why that had even been on the table...

"I see the crown! Swing me that way!"

Judd peered into the vault beneath, an intensely annoyed frown cracking his stony exterior. But he placed his hands, one organic, the other a burnished copper replacement, on the line, and gave it a subtle swing towards their prize.

Z2Ip273.png
Ukatis was a cute little planet. A bit set back in its ways, unable to fully move on, but still trying to earn a seat at the adult table with the rest of the Alliance worlds. Whether these lavish parties were one such display, or an independently common occurrence on the agriworld, Levi didn't care. It was a chance for wealth and adventure. Don't look a gift orbak in the mouth, as they say.

His talents lied not in technology or muscle, but in people. So Levi swindled his way into tending the bar. Identify crafting was practically a hobby, and feigning an off world reputation was simple with a people like the Ukatians. The seasoned con man coasted his way to a position for the event, currently enjoying the sound of gossiping, tipsy nobles, and the glimmer of their jewelry. He'd even had a chance to hide some of his things away beneath the bar counter for easy access. Just in case.

"Too true, sir. Too true," Levi replied to some aristocrat's monologue with insincere interest as he poured him another drink. Out of the corner of his eye, he noticed Jacen navigating the space as well as any blue blood. He nodded in approval, even though the young man wouldn't see it.

The Devaronian's expression twitched ever so slightly when Kingsley's voice sqwuaked through his ear piece. He couldn't break from his post in such a flagrant manner, but luckily others were on the case. Except, as more of them closed in, he couldn't help but become concerned that they should have delegated the task more directly, lest the simultaneous intrusions become suspicious.

Among them, was a little rat clinging to the Princess's skirt. "Oh dear," Levi muttered, as another guest loudly noticed as much.

While Kingsley and Judd were perched on the roof of the palace, Scrudge had been instructed to watch the perimeter below. The Wookiee understood that his hulking form and generally unsettling demeanor wouldn't blend in well at party, but he was still jealous of the others who'd been allowed to attend the celebration.

Scrudge liked to party. He didn't know what kind of party this was, but with how fancy the building appeared, he bet that everyone inside indulging in the finest top-shelf spice that credits could buy.

The heist was uneventful so far and no one had been strolling along the outskirts of the palace, so Scrudge turned back to his current embroidery project; a threaded depiction of porgs flying over a brilliant sunset.

Resting his back against a stone pillar, he carefully pushed a needle through taut fabric and sighed.

Kingsley Kingsley Judd Judd Jacen Nimdok Jacen Nimdok Kuzo Kuzo Khallesh Khallesh Shem Spinner Shem Spinner Aculia Voland Aculia Voland

Shem sighed as he wandered the halls. He didn't mind being glared at, but he was starting to get the idea that it was strange to see a bird around these parts. He glanced back to his father to see how the chieftain was doing. The older Rishii, of course, was handling himself with stride, but Shem could sense that he was clearly not enjoying the event. Noble politics were a weird thing that they both disliked, but the fledgling understood that it was a necessity.

His attention turned to the princess. Did she care for such events? She organized it after all. Shem attempted to focus and read the young woman... but nothing. It was almost like their was a veil around her. Strange...

In an instant, Shem's vision went white. Flashes of panicking patrons, strange individuals causing a scene. Swirls of silhouettes gathered around one that was birdlike, almost vulture shaped. As soon as this vision came it was gone, leaving Shem where he was last with heavy breath. The Rishii glanced around the room, searching for figures he might have witnessed. None appeared. His droid asked if he was okay, prompting a sigh from the padawan.

"I had a vision again," he explained, "It... was to fast. I couldn't gather anything from it..."

The feathers on his back stood up on end. There was something brewing, but he had no clue what.

"I've got a bad feeling about this."

In this bout of visions and pondering, Shem completely missed the ongoing commotion that was about to unfold.

Among them, was a little rat clinging to the Princess's skirt. "Oh dear," Levi muttered, as another guest loudly noticed as much.

Khallesh had interpreted Kingsley's request differently. She had thought that poisoning the princess would have created a suitable distraction.

The rat, she supposed, would have to do. The arachnostaff that had been slithering around her thigh beneath the Ooglith went still again.

Khallesh stepped back, dropping the tray of glasses. They shattered loudly as she cried out with only a modicum of enthusiasm:

"Oh no, a rat!"

Aculia Voland

A small tremor in the Force, that of not exactly hostile intent but not friendly either, preceded Kuzo’s rapid dash towards the star of tonight’s party. If Aculia had been less versed in the art of sensing or perhaps had still been a knight, she might not have noticed it amongst all the emotions, scheming, and socializing going on. Her head swiveled abruptly, just in time to watch the…rat…thing…jump onto her and start climbing. Combined with what she had felt earlier, it seemed like the little thing wanted to cause chaos for some reason.

There is probably some sort of greater scheme going on here, but I do not really care about that. I have been bored out of my mind here…and it is always a good opportunity to test some skills I have left rusty…

She made up her mind. It was time to escalate the situation, but not enough to be the cause of real bloodshed, and to do so subtly. She did not hate whoever this noble was, just wanted to put a bit of a damper on her day of being fawned over.

Tapping slightly in the Force, trying to be extremely discreet while doing so, she attempted to raise the sense of anxiety amongst the crowd and especially amongst the guards. Hopefully, this would cause people to overreact and panic a bit, and focus all of their attention on the little rat-like thing.

----Misdirect: Needed, 10 (Medium Difficulty), Rolls + Modifier=11. Influence: Needed 10(Medium Difficulty), Rolls + Modifier =13~~~~~~~~~

Aculia managed to keep her manipulations of the emotions of the crowd subtle, small, silverly strings of the Force barely perceptible to even her finding their way amongst the crowd, seeping into the attendees and increasing their sense of anxiety about the situation and the identity of that little rat Kuzo.

What if he was an assassin? What if it was some kind of predator trying to eat the star of the show? Someone had to do something! Someone do something! Where all the guards? GUARDS? GUARDS! The thoughts seemed to flow naturally to most of the attendees, who instead of brushing off the little rat as some kind of curiosity, now saw him as an imminent threat to their star of the show.

Those were the kinds of thoughts she pushed amongst the members of the crowds and the attendees, hopefully to cause a bit of fun to happen at this dreadfully boring party. She took another sip of her Bespin Port, pleased with herself, and prepared to watch what she had laid out unfold.

You've still got it, you old coot.

Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania Kuzo Kuzo Khallesh Khallesh Shem Spinner Shem Spinner Scrudge Scrudge Levi Levi Judd Judd Kingsley Kingsley Jacen Nimdok Jacen Nimdok

Last edited:
Kingsley Kingsley Judd Judd Kuzo Kuzo Levi Levi Khallesh Khallesh Jacen Nimdok Jacen Nimdok Shem Spinner Shem Spinner Aculia Voland Aculia Voland

As soon as Lord Fenton saw himself off, another one slipped in to fill the gap. Cora managed to hide the fatigue from her smile, but a little spark leaped in her eyes at hearing the title Prince of Atrisia. They'd be a good ally to have. And so, she'd play the game for a little while longer.

"Well met, Prince Jiro." She tilted her head in greeting. "Thank you for attending; we always welcome dignitaries from off-world here on Ukatis." Her eyes flickered to the crowd of native aristocrats circling her, who were quick to nod aggressively in agreement with their Princess, murmuring about the virtues of foreign associates and such.

"Oh, I've plenty planned for the future of Ukatis. For instance, I've recently just gotten back from one of the rural provinces, my home province actually, where we're working to set up a number of healthcare clinics in underserved areas…"

Cora could drone on about her initiatives to brighten Ukatis' future for hours. In actuality, she would only be afforded a few more seconds before—

"IT'S A RAT!"
"Oh no, a rat!"

"EEEEEEEEEK!"

With an undignified squeal, the Princess' refined demeanor shattered like the champagne glasses on the marbled floor. Cora's nerves may have hardened during her Jedi training; but she still absolutely despised vermin. And there was one clawing up the outside of her skirt.

"Get it off, GETITOFF!"

Flailing wildly and knocking several drinks out of several hands, she leaped into Kallesh's arms and kicked her legs violently.

If poor Kuzo could survive long enough to let go, he'd find himself being chased down by guards armed with stun batons. Ripples of panic seemed to slowly undulate throughout the party--and if Cora was level enough to think about it, she'd have realized how odd it seemed.

Alas, she was not.

"Oh, I've plenty planned for the future of Ukatis. For instance, I've recently just gotten back from one of the rural provinces, my home province actually, where we're working to set up a number of healthcare clinics in underserved areas…"

Jacen listened attentively, taking a sip of his drink as the princess began to drone on about her projects. That is, until the sudden appearance of a small furry creature sent everything into chaos.

He would've tried to help, but Corazona didn't make it easy for him. She flung herself into the arms of a nearby servant, kicking and screaming as the "rat" clung to her skirts. While others in the banquet hall rushed to her rescue, Jacen continued to sip his drink awkwardly.

Khallesh had interpreted Kingsley's request differently. She had thought that poisoning the princess would have created a suitable distraction.

The effects of the poison suddenly hit him. His skin felt hot and clammy, and his throat began to close up. He tugged on his collar fruitlessly, his face darkening in color as black blood rushed to his head. Choking, he staggered away from the crowds, quite literally fighting for his life.

Kingsley

intergalactic bird of mystery
"Almost...there."

Kingsley breathed a sigh of relief when the approaching footsteps began to fade. He could hear screams of alarm from noble patrons over the comlink. Beak curved in a predatory grin the bird continued to sail back and forth over Cholmondeley treasure like he could really fly. Wind rushed through his feathers evoking a primal joy. Now this was podracing!

"Put some muscle into it, you big oaf!" he squawked up at the hulking dowutin. "Should've gone with the mouse."

Talons barely grazed the crown before Kingsley was yanked back in a cloud of feathers. Joy transfigured into terror when he swung back and forth like a wrecking ball, narrowly avoiding collisions with several fragile vases until he sailed clear over their prize. He flailed wildly and somehow bobbled the crown into his trembling claws on the way back.

"My precious..." Kingsley hugged the crown tight.

He was about to yell at Judd to pull him back up when something shiny caught the thief's eye. A massive jewel not much farther than the crown. There was just enough momentum left in the rope to give him another pass. Greed filled his eyes with credits signs. After all no one else needed to know about this bonus prize.

Talons reached out for the Cholmondeley jewel but this time Kingsley only succeeded in knocking it over. Eyes wide in horror the bird watched it bounce several times off the vault floor.

"Rrrrrawk! Oh fu-"

Alarms throughout the palace drowned out his next words. Unable to react in time Kingsley slammed into the vault door, slipping half out of his harness and causing a truly improbable chain reaction of collisions that toppled nearly every treasure in the vault.

Last edited:

Generally, Kuzo wasn't particularly good at anything he did. Oh, he thought he was, but that confidence was unburdened by any particular evidence. Today however?

Today Kuzo was apparently VERY good at causing a distraction. He'd be riding high on that experience and the sensation of being the center of attention if he wasn't suddenly on a roller coaster of skirts that was making him feel very sick indeed.

The little Nezumi held on for dear life, unaware of the array of chaos his actions has caused. Accidental poisonings and force induced implications of assassination attempts had not been his intention, but then, he hadn't thought much at all about silly little things like consequences in his very short life, and certainly wasn't thinking of them now. Now?

Now he was just trying not to lose his grip, or his lunch.

Fortunately for Corazona, his claws failed him before his stomach. He went flying when she went kicking, hitting someone else in the chest at least instead of being flung into a wall. Kuzo didn't really have time to catch his breath though before he realized that several large and uniformed beings were making a beeline toward him. The Nezumi let out a rather undignified squeak and rocketed over the shoulder of the person he'd hit.

In the commotion, shouting, and people trying to step on him to mixed shrieks of Rat! and Assassin!

"I am NOT-"

It was easy to get turned around and he wasn't precisely sure of the best way out of the of the suddenly very claustrophobic space between feet and stun batons.

The scurrying and dodging as the guards tried not to stumble over each other did nothing to quiet the scene at the party.

"I should have handled the rope!" Kuzo wailed as he ducked back under a table cloth.

Z2Ip273.png

"Put some muscle into it, you big oaf! Should've gone with the mouse."

A very audible, very irritated sigh followed Kingsley down his rope, as Judd had to remind himself not to just let the flamboyant criminal drop. But he complied, swinging it a little harder as he was directed. A few false grabs, a few intakes of breath, before their prize was in their grasp.

Judd actually smiled, not noticing his danglee's last avaricious grab towards a gem. Finally. Something was going his wa-

"Rrrrrawk! Oh fu-"

Kingsley slipped from the harness, smacking face-first into every sensor in the room, and toppling mounds of displays and treasure. Judd simply stared at it a moment, slack-jawed, before smacking his own face with a clawed hand. Finally, the pirate reached for his ear, comms connecting him to Jacen Nimdok Jacen Nimdok and Levi Levi . The only two people on this job he gave any amount of trust.

"Everything's gone pear-shaped, crew," he grumbled. "Cover us."

Then, Judd shouted down the hole, his deep baritone shaking the room. "HEY! IDIOT! GRAB THE ROPE!"

If he did, the tall Dowutin would begin to pull, hoisting Kingsley dangling into the air.

Aculia Voland

Z2Ip273.png

Aculia was actually enjoying herself for the first time in what felt like, and quite possibly was, years. Yes, it was schadenfreude, but it counted. Seeing everyone react to her little diversion made her feel strong, powerful in a way that she usually suppressed for more logical, calculated reasons. She could not help but chuckle and smile a little at the whole ridiculous scene, especially as that noble queen panicked and screeched.

Oh, what fun! What fun!

Thinking quickly, she decided to cause a little bit more mischief, and continue testing out her skills. While everyone was focused on the fake rat assassin, she hurried up and out of the room, heading towards the servant’s quarters. About halfway there, she ran into a maintenance man, a young Devronian.

“Miss! Do you know what’s happening? The alarms are all going off-”

“Yes, there is an electrical fire coming from the lights in the main room, and dangerous sparks of electricity are going everywhere! Go and shut off the regular lights to stop that and turn on the sprinklers! If you do, you will surely be the hero of the day!” She intoned, waving her right at the young, devilish looking man, using the Force to influence his mind. She also tried to keep the manipulation small scale and very short-ranged, such that other Force wielders would have a hard or impossible time detecting it or determining she did it.

--------------Successfully beat both checks--------
"You know what, you're right!" The young Devronian said, his natural inclination to seek approval from his bosses amplified by the Force. "If I can shut down the electricity to the lights, it'll stop the sparks! And if I turn on the water, it will douse the flames! I will be able to save lives and be seen as a hero! Thank you Miss!'

"You're welcome! Go forth and be the champion of the day!" Aculia replied, beaming with approval, while carefully adjusting her cloak to cover her head against the inevitable shower of water soon to come. She was sure she had been stealthy in her manipulation of the man as well, no errant strands of the Force flowed out elsewhere, nor did she sense any real disturbances caused by her. All was going to plan so far.

I wonder what else I could get up to...?

She decided she would start to head towards the main security office. Maybe she could find something fun to do there, too. As she walked, the main lights in the palace suddenly went dark, and the fire sprinklers turned on, pouring water upon all the attendees at the party. After a few moments, the dull red emergency lights turned on, but they were only a fraction of the former illumination.

Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania Judd Judd Kingsley Kingsley Kuzo Kuzo Shem Spinner Shem Spinner Jacen Nimdok Jacen Nimdok Scrudge Scrudge Khallesh Khallesh Levi Levi

Last edited:

Levi watched the social circle regress into chaos with a sigh, all because of one fuzzy little critter. It was technically what they wanted: a scene. What earned Levi's attention, however, was Jacen. The young man seemed to have fallen into dire straits most quickly. He nonchalantly slipped away from the bar, deciding it was safer to see what exactly was going on than it was to stick to his post. He slinked on over to Jacen, an eyebrow raised quizzically, "Come on now, boy. My mixological talent isn't that rusty. It's just an acquired taste."

Jacen's condition only seemed to worsen however. To the point that even Levi could see past the hypothetical threat to his ego, "What happened? Tell me you didn't swallow the little umbrella." He looked around, "Oh dear— Is there a doctor around? The gentleman here is ah, not doing so well," Levi was arguably a bit too cavalier about the young man's poisoning, but he also didn't really understand the condition that befell him. And he certainly was no doctor himself. What was he going to do about a poisoning? "You… want a water or something? In the meantime?"

Alarms all through the palace exploded with noise just a few moments later. It seemed thinks had taken a drastic turn. As evidenced by Judd's comm call a moment later, <Master Nimdok is having a fit of sorts, I'm afraid. What happened?> Levi glanced back at the bar, where his things were. With how things were turning out, he'd need to reach them sooner rather than later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom