Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Nar Shaddaa: Undertuned

A'ti was clearly not a superstitious type. Jacen suggested they all give it a try, and Jerec even offered a method which would supposedly no despoil the Cask's value. "Immortality is ah, a bit difficult to prove over a convenient stretch of time, but, if it would make our potential buyer feel better, I wouldn't say no to the opportunity." Levi shrugged, "The relic is all the same highly prized for its age, rarity, and cultural significance. And I'm certain there's no shortage of wealthy-yet-unfulfilled midlifers who would be more than happy to gamble on a steep price for the mere possibility of immortality, no?"

Levi puffed out his chest proudly when asked about the price. He shot for the stars, "Such an artifact can hardly be quantified through monetary measures… But if we must, I cannot accept any less that five million credits." He gestured to Jerec while looking at A'ti, "If you want the peace of mind of a sampling, that particular fee will have to come out of your pocket, I'm afraid." That was his addendum to the deal. An attempt to stand his ground. If this procedure somehow did manage to damage the goods, it would be very bad for business.

Tags: Jacen Nimdok Jacen Nimdok Levi Levi Judd Judd Jerec Asyr Jerec Asyr

A'ti crossed one of her legs over the other while see leaned back with a skeptical expression aimed at no one in particular. They were losing her on this proposition that much was painfully obvious. As Jerec proffered an alternative method of testing the cask's legitimacy she looked over towards him with doubt written across her expression "Another assurance?" she looked towards the pirate crew "The testing of the object will be done at a later date, and any payment after that, no sooner. Jerec." she looked again towards the man "If you are so eager to volunteer your services for payment, know that should your services be found to be wanting or your intent to defraud me... you will be held personally responsible."

When Levi gave out his price of five million credits the crime boss did not laugh at the absurdity, rage at the price, or attempt to negotiate. A'ti stared at Levi as if he had not spoken at all until several seconds of silence between the groups lingered "I will ask you this a final time Captain. What. Is. Your. Price?" she spoke in a slow and deliberate fashion. Any denizen of the underbelly of the galaxy knew this kind of look well and it only meant one thing - danger. Which may have been expected when the first asking price was equal to that over 16 LO-KD57 luxury yachts.

The Twi'lek's fingers tapped slowly on the Nexu fur edges of her luxurious Hutt-throne styled sofa while her head tilted slightly towards one side. Meanwhile the music thrummed around them. Despite the revelry of the patrons there was no joy to be found at the table.

It was starting to look a lot like Batuu.

Judd had stayed silent, a looming presence at the edge of the table's perceptions, arms crossed over his chest with a disapproving glower. His stony face only petrified further the more the conversation before him went on. Levi'd made an opening offer, and the crimelord before them immediately started flexing her presence. It was exactly what Judd had feared would happen. She had the power to intimidate them down.

So he rolled his shoulders behind Levi, his hands dropping to his sides. A small motion, but one that A'ti would almost certainly pick up on. She may have been surrounded by protection, but only the Besalisk was here. And he doubted the Twi'lek equipped her plainclothes protection with the caliber of weapon needed to take the Dowutin down in one shot.

Careful, he motioned back to her, in the secret language of the criminal underworld. This situation is not under your control.

"Come now, this is a mythical relic! Arcane nonsense aside, it is invaluable as an artifact! Five million ought to be perfectly reasonable for such rarity," A'ti was wholly unamused, and merely demanded he amend his price. Levi had no intention of invoking this woman's ire, but he wasn't going to just take her abuse lying down. So he decided the next course of action would simply be to… not.

"I see you're not currently in the interest of negotiating," Levi raised his hands in surrender, "I fully respect your ability to run your business as you see fit, but it seems we may just... operate too differently to find an agreeable solution this evening." The devaronian gestured for Judd to take the cask. "I wish you good fortune in any and all future endeavors my lady. We shall take our business elsewhere." Levi slowly turned to leave with his crew and goods in hand. His delay was a final chance for A'ti to amend her response. But if not, Judd was right; They could find other buyers, ones that might be more inclined to high stake investments.

Gluk, Stock, and Two Smoking Lasers
Judd Judd Jacen Nimdok Jacen Nimdok Levi Levi

"Hold on, boys. I got an offer for yas."

Jerec did the neck-based Ithorian equivalent of sucking his teeth in thought. The wooden cask sure looked old, but anyone could fake old. What mattered was that, when he stretched out to the Force in probably the most frequent way he did so - telling if people were lying to his face - he didn't get much of a whiff of deception off this crew. As far as he could tell, they genuinely thought they probably had the genuine article. Not the immortality part, but whatever. Maybe it was the wine that was immortal: thousand-year-old booze that hadn't gone bad...

"Now, since the lady's passed, here's what I'll float, since I feel like you feel this is the real thing you've got. I don't have five million credits, but I'd take that cask off your hands for a hundred thousand wupiupi, plus permanent docking rights at Port 300 on Loronar and a kyber crystal I took off a Jedi the hard way." He produced a glimmering bluish crystal the size of a finger joint, wrapped in wire and dangling from a necklace cord. "Lot easier to find a buyer for kyber than barrels. And while you think that over..." He turned to A'ti A'ti and slid a chit over. "...looks like I owe you ten thousand. News ticker says the Mandos attacked a consular ship. War crimes aplenty."

Tags: Jacen Nimdok Jacen Nimdok Levi Levi Judd Judd Jerec Asyr Jerec Asyr

As Judd lowered his hands the Besalisk kept two arms folded while the other pair lowered as well, his eyes fixated on the impending threat of action that the Dowutin. For her part, A'ti, seemed visibly unmoved. A well practiced Pazaak face was vital in these kinds of situations. Her cool gaze flicked towards Levi as he began a well known bargaining strategy, a bit of economic brinksmanship. It may have worked had A'ti not been under the impression that the pirates were trying to deceive her and a potential buyer out of millions of credits. A'ti looked as if she was going to make some form of pivotal pronouncement though just as her lips parted Jerec spoke and her attention went to him.

A'ti put two fingers on the credit chit as the sketchy Ithorian forked over his side of the gamble they had made earlier "<Never underestimate the Mandalorian's barbarity.>" she spoke in Huttese once again though with an audibly more cheerful tone than the negotiation conversation had been. Who didn't like winning ten grand off a questionable gamble?

When A'ti looked back to Judd and Jacen she put up her right hand slightly with a dismissive motion "<Enough.>" she spoke towards her guardian without removing her gaze from the two pirates as she addressed them in Galactic Basic "Bloodshed in venues is bad for business." once one blaster was drawn they'd all be and then the club would turn into a firing range. Nobody would want to patronize a business known for being lethal to attend. Which meant less credits in the area overall or more instability with local groups. A'ti was not interested in quelling a minor street war over something as trivial (in her mind) as wine in a barrel.

Then a Human male walked over towards A'ti, gave her a respectful bow of his head, then whispered to her. A'ti leaned her head towards him and then nodded in acknowledgement when it was clear the message had been delivered. A'ti looked towards the trio with a mix of incredulity and amusement "The Outrigger, it was a YT twenty-four hundred yes?" her eyes moved from Jacen to Judd then to Levi "I've been told it is uh, how do you say... promised?" she waved her hand around just above the table in a searching manner before switching back to Huttese "<Divvied up>" she knew at least Levi would understand her. Someone seemed to be auctioning off the Outrider II, according to her sources at least "Did you pay the protection fee?" she asked with genuine curiosity to if the good Captain Levi had paid an extortion to the starport 'authority' to keep their property secure.

Levi made the (rather smart, in Judd's opinion) move to feign a walk-out. Judd, for his part, kept his hands on his waist, securely hoping that their bluff would turn into an actual walk-out. One didn't become a criminal mover-and-shaker by cutting fair deals.

The Ithorian's mention of war crimes made Judd twitch an eye, ever so slightly.

"Bloodshed in venues is bad for business."

"Bloodshed?" Despite the feigned ignorance, Judd chanced a smirk. A'ti seemed unflappable, but the message had apparently been received.

Of course, any remainder of Judd's forced calm disappeared as he heard that their ride was... promised. He turned his head down towards Levi, feeling some mix of divine wrath, and anticipatory amusement at the captain's upcoming response.

"Fethin' hate Narsh," Judd grumbled under his breath.

A'ti still wasn't interested in haggling, but she did look to diffuse some of the tension. It would be bad for business after all, especially if word got out that a few potential customers were gunned down without any negotiations even taking place. Not even Nar Shaddaa lowlifes would want to come to a place so hostile, or risk selling to such a volatile fence.

A'ti proved she wasn't that, at least. But she still got the last laugh. Jerec had offered a deal of his own, which Levi was already calculating. He leaned over to the others, "How much is a kyber crystal worth?" The final cut was no doubt far less than what Levi was asking for, which didn't exactly enthuse him (not that he never expected to get his starting bid of five million in the first place). But their talk was cut short by a snide smirk from the Twi'lek.

"Did you pay the protection fee?"

"What self-preserving scoundrel wouldn't-" He stopped himself, realizing who the culprits must be. Levi groaned annoyedly, and outstretched his palm to Jerec, "Take the damn thing! But if I find out that barrel makes you live forever I'm coming back for more!" Once he had his side of the deal honored, Levi would being rushing for the door, a hand on his blaster, "C'mon boys! We've got Jawas to fry!"

Gluk, Stock, and Two Smoking Lasers
Now, Jerec was rarely in a hurry to pay for things, but such was the situation. He hustled to transfer the funds and toss over the crystal. Thereafter he hastened to secure that wooden cask, which was now a hundred-thousand-wupiupi wooden cask. It sloshed promisingly.

"If you'll excuse me, all... I'm feeling thirsty."

He and his cask adjourned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom