Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Nar Shaddaa Nights

qolzfbg.png

Valery wasn't wrong. He hadn't exactly been on his best behavior since she put on that dress, despite telling himself to rein it in earlier. Toeing the line was sort of what he did in all aspects of his life, but even a smuggler ought to respect clear boundaries. She might have made her comment with a roll of her eyes and a smile, but he understood what she meant.

A ball of anxiety wound itself up tight in his chest. A little bit of shame clung onto him now too. He couldn't just breathe them out in a long sigh like he usually did. Why was it so hard to let go of his emotions when they concerned Valery?

Doesn't matter, find Jekerro.

With Valery no longer on his arm, he had more freedom of movement. Gatz didn't know the layout of Jekerro's palace, but he assumed the lower floor would be host to the usual things: ballroom, grand dining room, a side door to a big fake garden. Normal palace things. But when he followed Valery's eyes, he found the staircase in the foyer led up to some kind of sitting room. One that was barred off with a red velvet rope, and protected by a well dressed Devaronian.

"Agreed. Don't see why he'd be anywhere else," Gatz nodded, "I want to take a look around the first floor. Make sure we know our every avenue of escape. If we make any trouble here, I doubt we'll be able to walk out the front door. Maybe that stupid fake garden has an exit."

It probably wouldn't, but that wasn't why Gatz wanted to check it out. Valery was trying to let him know she was fine with what she was seeing, but Gatz had felt the disgust in her when she'd forced her gaze to pass over the slaves. He'd like to give her a minute or two, just in case she actually needed to talk.

A bit of fresh air wouldn't hurt anyone. Well, as fresh as air could be on Nar Shaddaa.

Tags: Valery Noble Valery Noble

Nar Shaddaa
div-orange.png
Outfit: Wedding Ring
Appearance: Link
Ship: Link
Weapons:
Blasters | Lightsaber
Tag: Gatz Derrevar Gatz Derrevar

Valery watched him for a moment and knew that her words had caused a shift within him. But with Gatz deciding to leave that unspoken, she didn't bring it up either, and focused on the interior of this palace instead. It wasn't too difficult to figure out where Jekerro was likely going to be, but getting there was not the easiest thing. There was also a significant chance that things could escalate, so when he brought up looking for escape routes, Valery nodded in agreement.

"That's a good idea. If we do end up trapped, we can always jump down too," Valery said flatly, making it seem as if she was serious about jumping from a skyscraper. It's because she was serious. "I've done it before, and I know how to survive it," she said with a smirk before placing a hand against his shoulder to gently nudge him in the direction of the garden. Besides searching for escape routes, she also looked forward to the fresh air.

That and not having to see people mistreating slaves.

"Do you think Jekerro will let us in if we request an audience? Maybe my name can spark some interest?" She shrugged, unsure about how the people here viewed her. Well, she was certain they saw her as a threat, but that could still mean they'd find her interesting. A crime lord having met the Sword could cause all sorts of rumors that would work in his advantage, such as scaring off smaller groups gunning for him.

qolzfbg.png

Gatz missed the days when life had been simple, and he’d been content. Just him, his ship, more credits than he could really spend, and no emotional distress. He hadn’t constantly fought his own mind back then, hadn’t second guessed his every decision, and hadn’t been so quick to shift his mood. Tonight alone he’d bounced between allured, angry, content, fearful, and now a little anxious and ashamed. It was exhausting.

He missed when he hadn’t cared about other people. When he hadn’t cared about what people thought of him. He missed not having a bounty on his head, just because he’d chosen to do the right thing. He missed being able to sleep, uninterrupted by the guilt of past mistakes.

He missed feeling confident in himself.

Gatz had mentioned the garden as a way to get Valery out of the palace, but he was starting to think he needed it more than she did, and she was the one with the trauma trigger. The air outside the palace was honestly worse, smelling of the smog of pollution. The plants were, as Gatz had guessed, fake with wax leaves. How could anything green grow on Nar Shaddaa?

Still, in a strange way, it was nice.

You can survive that kind of jump,” Gatz reminded her quietly, as he leaned up against a railing to get a view of the city from above, “but I can’t. I’m not nearly as talented as you are.

That actually wasn’t supposed to sound as self deprecating as it did. It was just a simple fact: he did not have the Force training required to pull off a ridiculous stunt like that. He’d just end up a red splatter of blood on the streets below, which, despite his rollercoaster of a day—couple of weeks, really—he did not want.

You’re technically on the VIP list. I paid good money to make that happen,” they had a certain way to get to Jekerro, but, “I’m not… sure I want to bring you before a Hutt.

That had nothing to do with the way she was dressed, and everything to do with what she’d told him about her time in Hutt servitude.

Nar Shaddaa
div-orange.png
Outfit: Wedding Ring
Weapons:
Blasters | Lightsaber

"This is disappointing..." Valery muttered after stepping outside to take a breathe of what she had believed would be fresh air. But it was even worse outside. Within the palace, air conditioning units cleaned up the air they circulated but out here, she was taking free breaths of pollution. It resulted in a deep sigh, but she set it aside and focused on the positive — it felt a lot less cramped out here, and they could talk a little more privately.

Somehow, she felt as if people were constantly watching her inside.

"You don't have to talented to survive it. You just have to trust me," Valery said as they approached the railing, and she took a single glance down the side of the building they were on. It was a long way down, which to most would be scary, but to her it just meant a higher chance of survival if she jumped. More things to catch onto, after all. "But it's a last resort, so let's just hope everything goes smoothly, and we're able to walk out the front door before we know it."

She turned back to Gatz and offered a warm, and hopefully reassuring smile. Valery could tell that he was conflicted about a lot of things, and she felt a little bad for having played a part in that. Both with how she had helped him, and well, the dress. She wanted to make sure he knew that she wasn't upset or angry with him, at the very least.

Then, he mentioned his concern about going up there, and she searched for eye contact.

"No, we have to do this," she said, confidence in her voice. "I don't like Hutt Slavers, but I can set that aside to do the right thing. We need that info, Gatz, and this is our only way. It's why we came all the way out here in the first place. I'll be fine, I promise."

qolzfbg.png

The idea of jumping off one of the tallest spires on Nar Shaddaa was insane and suicidal. If anyone else had told him to do it, he would have shot them. But he trusted Valery. How could he not, after all she had done for him? Gatz still would prefer not to go leaping off of buildings, but if that was the last avenue of escape allowed to them? They'd have to take it.

"Well, falling to my death is probably better than what Kragan has planned for me, so..."

She smiled at him. Gatz couldn't find it in himself to smile back at the moment, but it did reassure him. Whatever problems he had with himself, what ever struggles he had with his guilt, she still thought the world of him. He didn't know why. He'd probably never understand how she could have so much faith in him.

But if the Sword of the Jedi—who had seen the darkest shadows this galaxy had to offer—trusted in his moral character this much, then he owed it to her to be worthy of that trust. Even when it was difficult. Even when he didn't trust in himself.

Valery looked him in the eyes, and Gatz held her gaze, even though a part of himself wanted to look away. He knew she was going to insist on meeting Jekerro. He knew there was no talking her out of it. Putting an end to Kragan Garr was worth it, not just because it would neutralize the bounty on his head, but because it would take a man who'd hurt thousands of people out of the galaxy.

Even so, deep down, Gatz felt like he was forcing Valery to come face to face with her trauma just to save his own skin.

"I know. I'm just tired of taking from you, and giving you nothing in return. I'm sorry."

Nar Shaddaa
div-orange.png
Outfit: Dress | Wedding Ring
Weapons:
Blasters | Lightsaber

"Trust me, falling to your death is much better." She knew exactly the kind of torture some people were willing to turn against others, as it had nearly broken her. No matter what, she was not going to allow anything like that to happen to Gatz or anybody she cares about. Hell, she wouldn't even put her worst enemies through what happened to her.

How could people cause so much harm to each other? She just couldn't understand sometimes.

Valery them met his gaze, mostly to convey how serious she was about confronting Jekerro, but also to get a read on him. Gatz luckily seemed calm, but she could tell he was worried. Not about himself, bit about her and she couldn't blame him for it. Not after what happened on Sovereign station.

She could have split the entire structure apart if she hadn't calmed herself down.

"You've given me plenty in return. I got myself an amazing friend, and that's worth more than anything else to me." She smiled and turned away from the railing to look at the people around them.

"Besides Jekerro, do you see anybody else who is familiar?"

qolzfbg.png

Gatz did not like the way that Valery implied she'd been tortured before. Not at all. Suddenly, his own problems seemed so small and petty. What, he was still being angsty over his guilt for delivering drugs? Questioning his ability to be a good man? Realizing he was unhappy without a life of crime, that he felt unfulfilled in this new life of doing good? What did those things matter, when there were people like Kragan torturing people to death.

When there were people out there who'd tortured Valery?

He'd come here for a reason: find Kragan Garr, so that he could stop Kragan Garr. And instead, he'd spent the whole night only thinking about himself. Flirting with a married woman, letting himself be furious over what Kragan had done to him, wasting time doubting himself, all when he should have been taking action. There were more lives on the line than his own, and with every selfish thought and action he had failed them.

It didn't matter what happened to him. Didn't matter how he felt. He was damned anyhow. But there were plenty of people in Kragan's grasp that weren't. It was time to think about them.

So he accepted Valery's smile and words with a silent smile of his own, but he didn't dwell on what she'd said. He let himself feel the warmth in his heart, and then let it pass. He followed Valery's gaze, turning and leaning on the railing. His eyes cast a gaze over the garden, scanning for anyone he might know. Much to his surprise he saw someone: an older gentleman, Rodian, in a deep blue suit sitting on a bench by his lonesome.

"Unbelievable. I do," Gatz answered, his surprise clear in his voice, "how did that old fossil get an invite?"

Nar Shaddaa
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Blasters | Lightsaber

Valery kept his gaze for a moment, as she felt yet another shift in the former smuggler. But this time, he came out of it feeling stronger, or at least it appeared he did to her. She met his gentle smile with one of her own and dipped her head to acknowledge she was ready to move on. Her past would ways stay with her, and moving on didn't mean forgetting about it. But she wasn't going to let it control her.

She had allowed it to far too much in her life already, both with her captivity and what happened with her time in stasis.

Then, Gatz spoke up again and Valery raised an eyebrow while she smirked, "I hope you're not talking about me there," she joked before she followed his gaze to the older Rodian.

Hopefully, he wasn't as dangerous as others he used to know.

"Is he safe to approach for you? Not...that I think he could kill you, but maybe he's a crime lord too. Never know around here."

qolzfbg.png

"You're forty and you look like you're twenty," Gatz snorted, "if anyone even insinuates that you look as old as Roche over there, I will personally kick their ass, truce be damned."

But on a more serious note, Gatz wasn't sure if approaching Roche was a good idea or not. He had a sort of respect and gratitude for the old Rodian, one that was hard for him to explain the whole depth of. But, like all scoundrels, he ultimately looked out for himself. Which, Gatz understood completely: he was looking out for himself right now, hoping no one was going to stick a knife in his or Valery's back.

"He's a smuggler, like me. Or like I used to be?" Gatz frowned and shook his head, "he sort of... took me under his wing when I first came to Nar Shaddaa. Taught me how to smuggle, and how to do it well. Turned me into proper scum, so that I could survive the criminal underworld."

Funny, now that he said that out loud, Gatz wasn't sure if he should really thank the man for that. On one hand, those lessons meant he'd survived that life for six years. On the other hand, he'd taken an impressionable eighteen year old who was barely a man, and walked him down a dark path.

"He's not a good man, make no mistake. None of us are," Gatz heard faint anguish in his own voice, and hardened himself, "But he's no bounty hunter. Just a transporter for the Hutt Cartel, and sometimes a few other crime lords. He's actually the one who first introduced me to Kragan's majordomo. I doubt he knows anything about the Quarren's whereabouts, but..."

It was worth a shot to ask. Maybe he'd flown for Kragan recently. And, despite the way his life had turned out, it might be nice to catch up for a minute or two.

Nar Shaddaa
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Blasters | Lightsaber

Valery snickered at his response and dipped her head a little, "Good answer," she told him. Bringing up her age was always a dangerous game to play, but he had maneuvered his way right through that minefield and left her snickering. Though after a moment, she calmed herself down and turned back to the man he had really been referring to.

So it was someone from his past, after all.

Valery turnes her fiery gaze back to Gatz, noting how he felt about the Rodian. While he explained that Roche was not a good man, it was still the smuggler who had helped him and given Gatz the tools and skills to survive in the cruelty of the underworld. So, perhaps, there was some level of respect there?

Valery decided it wasn't her place to ask.

"...but he might know something that can help us?" Valery asked to complete his sentence. "If that's the case, let's go talk to him." She grabbed his arm again to pull him along and approach the Rodian. Valery carried a gentle smile, but she was hoping that the man would recognize Gatz and start a conversation more naturally.

qolzfbg.png

"I aim to please," Gatz smiled back.

Valery took him by the arm again, and began leading him towards Roche. When was the last time he'd seen the old man? Talked to him? He remembered: the night after he and Valery returned from Erakhis. When he'd decided to go straight, and asked the Rodian to come with him.

That conversation went about as well as expected.

"Hey, Old Man," Gatz called out.

Roche looked up for a moment, hearing him but not quite seeing them yet, and tired eyes swept the garden until they fell on the Jedi and her smuggler companion. His big dark eyes got even wider for a moment, as they took in Valery and her dress, lingering more than a few seconds too long. Gatz felt validated by that: clearly it wasn't just him who couldn't think straight while she was in that green number.

Finally, it seemed Roche regained control of his mental faculties, and his gaze turned to Gatz just as the two stopped in front of the bench he was sitting on.

"Gatz," the Rodian spoke Basic, but with a heavy Huttese accent, "you might be the stupidest man alive. What are you doing on Nar Shaddaa? Every hunter on the planet is going to be breathing down your neck!"

"Well, I prefer bold," Gatz started, "and it's good to see you too."

"And you've brought this beautiful young woman along to her doom with you!"

That one struck him in the chest. It was a reminder of all those nightmares he'd had of Valery getting shot again, but this time she didn't wake up. Gatz couldn't believe that he'd allowed himself to drag Valery into—

The choice was hers. And she can take care of herself.

"Oh her? I couldn't help but notice your eyes following the plunging neckline of her dress," Gatz smirked, "allow me to introduce you: this is Jedi Master Valery Noble; Jedi Council Member, Jedi Battlemaster, Sword of the Jedi, and about a dozen other titles I don't think we have time for. And she graciously accepted to be my date tonight. I think any hunters will think twice before taking a shot at me."

He hoped.

Nar Shaddaa
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Blasters | Lightsaber

Slowly, one of Valery's eyebrows began to rise when he shamelessly stared at her. She was more than aware that she looked attractive when she tried, but this blatant type of staring was still a little bit odd. People in the core at least pretended that they weren't looking, but out here, they didn't seem to care at all. Or, perhaps, she was just far too beautiful to the people of this crime infested moon.

She liked to believe the latter was the case.

Valery then quietly listened to the exchange between Gatz and his former mentor, but the topic soon shifted to her, and he decided to call the Rodian out on his staring. She let out a soft chuckle and shook her head a little, but still made no comment about it. Not until he introduced her more properly.

"If someone does try, they're going to regret it. Don't let the dress or lack of a lightsaber fool you," she said, her eyes intense and her body language as confident as it always was. If anybody tried to attack them here, she'd make quick work of them. Her patience for trouble was non-existent at this point.

"But we can ease the tension and leave a bit sooner if you could help us out. We're looking for Kragan," she said rather bluntly while she stared the Rodian in the eyes.

qolzfbg.png

With the Sword of the Jedi staring him in the eyes, Roche's gaze didn't drop to ogle her. He stared back, not blinking, as he heard her request. He was quiet for a few moments, clearly considering what she'd said, before he let out a low whistle from those weird alien lips.

"You're really going after him, aren't you?" Roche then turned to Gatz, "and you've actually gone straight!"

"Giving it my best shot," Gatz admitted, "it's... not all it's cracked up to be, but at least it's an honest way of living."

Immediately, he wished he hadn't spoken those words. He didn't want to give Valery the wrong idea: that he regretted giving up his old ways. He honestly didn't, but he also couldn't pretend that this last year hadn't been the toughest of his life. Maybe he only felt that way because of the last few weeks. Maybe he was just stressed and tired from being hunted. But in truth, he didn't feel content.

But he could sit down and work that out after Kragan was dealt with.

"I told you it wouldn't," the Rodian shook his head, “you should have kept your nose away from Kragan. A million credit bounty on your head, and for what, freeing a couple of slaves? What does that do for you? A few good deeds doesn’t change anything, kid. We've made our choices."

"I know,” Gatz couldn’t keep the quiet anguish out of his voice. “We're scum. And we will always be scum. But that’s no excuse to continue letting Kragan enslave and murder thousands."

"You always were a bleeding heart, Derrevar," Roche sounded... surprised? "But I never knew you to be the kind of guy to put your life on the line for someone else."

That confession stung a little bit, but Gatz couldn't pretend that Roche's statement was inaccurate.

"I wasn't. Until someone reminded me of the importance of compassion; of choosing to do what's right over what's easy," Gatz, somewhat unwillingly, unwound himself from Valery's hold and kneeled down to be at eye level with his former mentor, "And that's a choice all of us can make, no matter how foul we are. Help me make that choice now: if you know anything about Kragan's whereabouts, tell us. Please."

Nar Shaddaa
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Blasters | Lightsaber

"It's never too late to turn your life around, and Gatz made his choice," Valery said, her eyes shifting from the Rodian to Gatz. She knew how much influence she has had on him, but it'd never work if he didn't actively try to change himself. Valery could encourage, support and help in some cases, but he was the one going through change in his life. While he didn't always give himself credit for what he had accomplished, she felt very positive about it all.

He has done far more good than he realized.

"But if it worries you, we're not going to drop your name. We'll handle Kragan and that's going to be it. We're not going to fail." She was confident about that. This man had caused far too much harm to other people. She wasn't going to allow herself to fail in this mission. But this Rodian's help would go a long way to make it happen.

"If you want credits for it or anything, I'm sure we can cover that too. But please, it would help us a lot."

qolzfbg.png

Roche was quiet for a few moments. Contemplating. The Rodian was clearly considering their words, and that was a hell of a lot more than he'd done the last time Gatz tried to have this conversation. That time the man had just laughed him off, slapped him on the back, and insisted he'd see him in a few weeks. But Gatz hadn't been accompanied by the Jedi Master who'd inspired him that time.

Valery Noble had a way of bringing the best out of people. Gatz hoped it would serve them here.

"I'm in the middle of my seventh decade," Roche said at last with a sigh, rejecting Valery's notion, "I've done this for too long to start a new life now."

That was disheartening to hear, but Gatz understood what he meant. The young smuggler had only lived the life for six years, and look at the regrets he had already. Roche had lived it for over fifty. How much ill could a man do in that long of a career? More than he could ever make up for. There was no redemption for people like them.

But redemption had never been the point. It was about doing better now, not rewriting the past.

"But," Roche added, "you're still young enough to live yours. Maybe you can turn things around for yourself, kid. I don't know where Kragan is. I've been dealing solely through proxies for deliveries. But I know that something big is going down soon, at his stronghold on Lok. He's planning on making a public appearance there. But I don't know when, or how you get an invite to that. Maybe one of Jekerro's men will, if you can get them to loosen their lips."

"Lok, huh? That'll be tough to get into," Gatz shook his head, "last time I was there, I killed his son."

"Exactly why you shouldn't go," Roche warned, "but... I know you will. You never were much of a listener."

Ain't that the truth.

Last edited:

Nar Shaddaa
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Blasters | Lightsaber

Lok.

Valery hadn't really paid much attention to anything else — as much as she wanted to help people, she also knew she couldn't help everybody. Roche had lived a long life of committing terrible crimes, and she wasn't here to try and change him. She just wanted information that could help her stop someone far worse than any ordinary smuggler, and luckily, he gave them the answer they were looking for.

Although Gatz seemed a little bothered to hear that planet's name again.

"He also won't be alone," Valery chimed in after Roche spoke up again. "Maybe we can find out when he'll be there, and how to get in, but one way or another we're going to be there." Once more, there was no hesitation in her voice. She was calm, collected and spoke as if it was fact.

She'd make it a fact.

"Thank you for your help, that was all we needed," she said with a more appreciative smile for the man, before dipping her upper body respectfully. "We'll be on our way."

qolzfbg.png

Valery gave Roche a half bow, and all Gatz could think was, holy smokes that's a lot of skin.

"Don't thank me," Roche waved Valery off dismissively, miraculously missing the sight of her bow, "it feels wrong to have a Jedi's gratitude. Especially since I'm really just giving you information that'll lead you to your deaths."

The old Rodian was clearly uncomfortable with being shown appreciation by someone with a proper moral compass. Gatz understood that as well. He often felt like he didn't deserve Valery's gratitude or faith, and even though she often told him he was wrong about that, it wasn't an easy feeling to shake. Because if she knew all the details of all the things he'd done...

No. He'd told her about how he'd murdered Kreth, and despite the fact that the man had it coming, that was the worst thing he'd done by far. She'd be more understanding than he was giving her credit for. But she probably still wouldn't be happy to hear about those things.

Some things were better left in the past anyhow.

"Well, then we won't thank you," Gatz offered Roche his hand, "we'll just wish you well."

Roche shook his hand, "try and stay safe kid. And get out of here as soon as you have what you need. Truce or no truce, it ain't worth the risk to stay around."

With that said, Gatz made to take their leave of the old man, offering Valery his arm once more. He'd had enough of the polluted air, and fake plants, and it was time to see about meeting with Jekerro. If Roche knew about Kragan's plans on Lok, then Jekerro was bound to have even more information. They just... had to actually get it from him.

"That went better than I thought it would," Gatz said with a relieved sigh, "I was half convinced he'd pull a blaster on us. Somehow."

Nar Shaddaa
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Blasters | Lightsaber

Lead to their deaths?

"I've heard that one many times before," she said flatly, clearly not impressed by whatever it was supposed to mean. "But have a nice day," she said before she turned and followed Gatz to step away from the Rodian. Perhaps she seemed a little cold at the end there, but she had to remind herself who she was dealing with here. These were people who had played parts in slavery, spice smuggle and other terrible crimes.

But unlike Gatz, none of them made any efforts to change, and that was entirely on them.

"If he had pulled a blaster, he'd have been in trouble," Valery then said in response while she turned with him to leave. Now that they were getting closer to Kragan, she decided not to take his arm, and patted him on the back of his shoulder, "Best I keep my hands free now. If something happens, I can protect us that way." She wasn't going to explain how, but she had various skills that could protect them against blasters.

They just required her hands to be free.

"Let's go see Jekerro, hm? Unless you spot someone else you want to talk to first." She'd let him talk to whoever, but secretly she was hoping there wouldn't be many more. This wasn't a place she liked to be, and she could tell that he wasn't fond of it either. Best they got what they needed, and left.

"Do you want me to handle the guards or can you smooth talk our way in?"

qolzfbg.png

Gatz frowned at Valery's attitude toward the end of that conversation. And you know what? He wasn't going to let it slide.

"That was rude," he said bluntly, lowering his arm when Valery didn't take it, "you sweet talked him into helping us, and the second he does, you dropped him like he was dead weight."

It wasn't that Gatz could blame her for disliking the man. As he told her, Roche wasn't a good man. Neither was he. But the way Valery just changed her tune... it felt like manipulation to him. And for as much as Gatz valued, cared for, and revered Valery, he couldn't just ignore that. He didn't want to be the kind of man who ignored things like that. Not anymore.

"Makes me wonder how you're gonna treat me, once Kragan is dealt with."

He didn't actually wonder about that. He was making a point. Valery was a good friend, and called him one in return. And good friends, truly good friends, weren't afraid to call each other out. Sometimes you had to poke through their armor, even if they didn't particularly appreciate it.

"No, Roche was right, we should leave as soon as we can," Gatz shook his head, "let's see about Jekerro, and get the hell out of here. As a VIP, his bouncer should let you into his lounge."

Gatz had never met Jekerro himself. But he'd heard stories about the Hutt. That he was eloquent, well spoken, and even had a code of honor he operated by. He wasn't sure how a Hutt slaver could have even a shred of honor, but he was oddly interested in finding out.

Valery, Gatz was certain, was not going to be nearly as interested in that as he was. He was half afraid she was going to collapse the building in on them once she was finally face to face with the Hutt.

Nar Shaddaa
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Blasters | Lightsaber

"I didn't sweet talk him into anything, he gave the info because of his connection to you," Valery began, her eyes turning to him again. "And don't compare yourself to people like that - you chose to change and be different. I don't care how kind he's trying to be now, but these people are monsters and even now, he's not giving up on his ways. He wouldn't be at this party if he truly cared - he just has nothing left to lose," Valery bit back, clearly a bit more frustrated than she'd usually be. But deep down, this was how she felt about the Rodian, and she wasn't going to sugar coat it.

"And if you think I'll ever manipulate you, then you really just don't know me at all," She stepped passed him now, choosing to take a moment to herself while they walked towards the VIP room.

This place was getting to her, but she wasn't going to stop now.

With more intensity in her eyes than before, she made her way over to the guards, and presented her identification as a VIP guest. She had no interest in pleasantries or being kind to these people anymore — she just wanted to get in, acquire the info they needed, and get the hell out again.

"Let's see if he's available," Valery then said, after a longer moment of having been quiet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom