Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Nar Shaddaa Nights

qolzfbg.png

She was always accepting of his faults. Too accepting, he thought. But much like with every other gift she offered him, he took it with gratitude that went unspoken far too often. One of these days he'd sit down and properly thank her for all she'd done for him. If they ever got the time to do something that wasn't crazy and deadly, that was.

Fat chance of that, really. Hell, the one time they tried to meet up for a coffee, he'd gotten stabbed and shot.

"I'm putting us down near the hotel. We've got some time before the party starts, so we can at least check in," Gatz explained, as his vessel broke atmosphere, "Jekerro's invite comes with a one room reservation. But I rented a second room for me."

He said it with no implied joke, no wink or meaningless pick up line, not even a stutter of embarrassment or uncertainty. Just a factual, straight forward statement in a tone that was almost cold. Not frosty, and clearly not directed at Valery. Just... cold.

"We'll catch a taxi to his palace from there."

Like Gatz told Valery, he put The Red Night down on a landing pad on one of the upper spires of Nar Shaddaa. They were far above the dark and cracked streets of the Red Light District, where refugees and the less fortunate struggled to survive. This was a part of the Smuggler's Moon that was far more opulent, cleaner, more civilized.

Well, at least as civilized as Hutt authority could be. People still got shot in the streets here, but only if they crossed a Hutt.

"Alright," Gatz sighed, "ready to go? Need help with your bag?"

He wasn't holding on to fury so hard that he couldn't try to be a gentleman, even if his tone lacked the usual fondness it held when he spoke to Valery.

Tags: Valery Noble Valery Noble

Nar Shaddaa
div-orange.png
Outfit: Dress | Wedding Ring
Appearance: Link
Ship: Link
Weapons:
Blasters | Lightsaber
Tag: Gatz Derrevar Gatz Derrevar

"Sounds good, and I appreciate it," Valery said, grateful that he'd at least bypass more awkwardness by getting them separate rooms. There was a good chance that she might really need the privacy after today as well — the slaves and Hutts were possibly going to have quite an effect on her mood. Though hopefully, having been able to confront it once already would help her get through the worst of it.

Just the beginning was the hard part.

The two then finally began their descent down towards the planet, and soon landed on the surface. Right now, they were far away from all the gambling, drinking and the gangs, but it hardly made her feel more at ease. If Denon and other places like this had taught her one thing, it was to always be on your guard. Especially with Bounty Hunters coming after Gatz constantly — she was now, by extension, a target. Or at least collateral.

"Yeah, if you could help with my bags, that'd be nice," Valery said, this time with an almost careful smile. She was starting to feel as if she had really put him on edge, or soured his mood by having to force him into meditation. She couldn't help but show it in the way she looked at him. "Is uh, everything okay?"

He felt distant.

qolzfbg.png

Was he "okay?"

No. No he really wasn't.

The fury had been meant to focus him. It had been meant to burn through impure thoughts that Valery didn't need from him. It was meant to remind him of why tonight was so important, and he was meant to hold onto it tightly, so that he didn't lose control of it.

They hadn't so much as left the ship yet, and he was already losing control of it.

It was burning through the walls of what remained of his Jedi training. It was making things like trying to be "decent" and "a good man" seem like foolish, ridiculous goals. Using the Force in anger didn't seem like such a bad idea anymore. Having Valery's faith and approval felt like a stupid consolation prize that he'd traded his wealth, contentment, and even his life for.

He was furious with Kragan for everything thing he'd done. But he was starting to be furious with Valery too, the anger in him beginning to poison his worship of her until he started thinking things like none of this would be happening if I hadn't met her.

It was making him forget that his choices were his own. It was making it easy to blame others for the consequences of his own actions.

This wasn't the right way of going about this.

"No," Gatz said at last, "I'm angry and afraid. And I can feel it twisting my perception of things. And I'm getting dangerously close to a point where I no longer care about that."

He had thought of just nodding his head, or plastering a fake smile on his face and pretending he was fine. But Valery would have seen right through that, because she was frustratingly good at seeing right through him. But mostly he spoke up because he could tell from the way she was looking at him that she was growing concerned.

Gatz shook his head, and started down the hall to her room to collect her bags.

"Doesn't matter. We have more important things to worry about than how I feel. I'll... get a grip on it."

Nar Shaddaa
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Blasters | Lightsaber

Valery could feel his anger.

This time, however, it wasn't just anger with himself anymore. It even felt as if it was directed at her, but why? She suddenly felt a lot less confident in her dress, and rubbed the side of her arm while she listened to what he had to say. He did acknowledge that he wasn't doing alright this time at the very least, but she couldn't really figure out the source of it.

For once, she didn't feel like it really was her place to ask. Not when it seemed to reach a breaking point in him.

"Just know you can talk to me about it, Gatz. It's only going to get worse otherwise." She offered a gentle smile and briefly turned her gaze to her room. "We'll get through this mission together. I can feel it." With that said, she walked back to her room and helped him pick up the bags, before leaving the ship with him.

It was time to get things rolling.

qolzfbg.png

"I don't need to talk about it. I just need Kragan—

But he stopped.

Gatz could feel the shift in Valery, that rock solid confidence being worn away by his own foolish rage. He saw her rub her arm, almost timidly, and he knew she'd felt the way his anger was poisoning his thoughts about her.

No. No that was enough.

Gatz sucked in a deep breath. If his negative emotions were going to wear down the people around him, wear down the only person who cared for and believed in him, then those feelings could fuck right off. He was already putting her in mortal danger. He didn't need to infect her because of his inability to control himself.

He closed his eyes. Let out that breath in a long and silent sigh. Let the hate, anger, and fear festering in him out with it. Hurting Valery in any capacity, however small, wasn't worth anything in the world. She had given him everything.

So he let that fill him instead. Gratitude. Faith. Fondness. Inspiration. All the things she had gifted to him. The path forward she had given him, to be walked in the light of day, not the shadowed alleys he had stalked before she had entered his life.

Let that be his focus instead. Let her feel that in him instead: his unwavering dedication to her and the example she had set for him.

And that felt so much better than being angry.

Gatz turned to her, her bags in his hand, and looked her in the eye. He said nothing. Words weren't enough to convey how he felt. But he needed to know that she knew what she was to him.

Something to aspire to be. But more importantly: someone he cared about. A teacher. A confidant.

A friend.

Nar Shaddaa
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Blasters | Lightsaber

"I don't need to talk about it. I just need Kragan—"

Her frown deepened for a moment, but then he stopped. She could still feel the frustration in him, and it was making her a lot more hesitant about trying to reach out and understand why, but something else was fighting against it. Seconds passed, and slowly but surely, she felt the old Gatz returning. Had he caught on to what was happening? She wasn't entirely sure, but the moment he picked up her bags and looked her in the eyes, she could tell he wasn't angry with her anymore.

"Thank you," she said, now with her smile returning.

Valery then left the ship behind with him, and started walking towards the reception of the hotel. But as she began her approach, she realized something she hadn't asked about yet, and it made her blink.

"Hey Gatz?" she asked. "Under which names did you get these rooms?" She was really hoping he hadn't used his own name to reserve both rooms, because that could invite trouble, either now or later down the line. If he had used a fake identity, it would be wise for her to know it now, or else she'd accidentally call him by the 'wrong' name and expose them.

Either way, she approached the front desk, and they were greeted by a friendly smile from the woman working there.

"Hello there, how can I help you?"

qolzfbg.png

Valery smiled at him as he grabbed her luggage. Smiled despite the fact that he had snapped at her moments before; despite the fact that he'd just soured her mood. Why was it that she was so endlessly patient with him? And why was it that he constantly failed her? How was it, despite trying his best, he just couldn't seem to do right by her?

Do right by her now, then.

"You're welcome," he said softly, offering a smile of his own, "and I'm sorry. I'm not upset with you. These last two weeks just... haven't been easy."

Mostly he just needed some god damn rest. One night where he could sleep comfortable, unperturbed by nightmares. That was all he wanted.

As Gatz had promised, the hotel wasn't a long walk from the landing pad he'd chosen. Just around the corner, and a few blocks down. It was an elegant building, at least, as elegant as Hutt architecture could be. They entered the lobby, which was furnished lavishly, including an actual gold statue of a Hutt with a sword in its hand. Gatz chuckled at that.

Oh, right. The reservation. Funny thing about that...

"They're both under your name, actually," Gatz winced, "I should have mentioned that earlier. In fact, our invitation to Jekerro's party is in your name too. I would have used mine, but..."

Nine bounty hunters, and all that. Everyone wanted a piece of Gatz Derrevar. No crook on Nar Shaddaa stupid enough to knowingly pick a fight with Valery Noble. One name invited criminal scum, the other kept them away.

He really should have cleared that with her first, and Gatz felt stupid for only coming to that conclusion now. At least he'd paid for the extra room himself? He'd chalk it up to two weeks of sleep deprivation, and add it to the list of dumb shit he'd done in that time: above considering calling on the Dark Side in a panic fueled delirium, but below snapping at Valery for being concerned about him ten minute ago.

And yes, snapping at Valery was a worse offence than touching the Dark Side in his book.

Nar Shaddaa
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Blasters | Lightsaber

"It's okay, I understand," Valery said, and with that, she wanted to move on from what happened. She had her days or even weeks where she felt awful too, and that sometimes resulted in her being easily agitated or just depressing to be around too. But much like the people around her, she also wanted to just move on when it happened to others. Entering the lobby and seeing the giant Hutt statue was luckily a great distraction, and got a chuckle out of her too.

This was Nar Shaddaa at its finest.

"They're both under your name, actually,"

Valery blinked, stopped and slowly turned to him, but then it got worse. The party invitation was on her name too?

"You're telling me that those slavers know a Jedi Master is coming to this party? And none of them opposed?" She stared at him and then let out a soft sigh, "I really hope you know what you're doing, Gatz Derrevar," she said with an amused grin. As worrying as this could be, she was actually just laughing about it. After expecting him to have used fake identities, he had just let the entire moon know that the Sword of the Jedi was visiting.

"Hello, we'd like to check into our rooms. They're under my name - Valery Noble," Valery then told the receptionist, who smiled and checked the reservation. After an exchange of some paperwork, the keys were handed over, and Valery turned to him with a raised eyebrow, "You better not eat anything from the mini-bar if it's on my name. Or those bounty hunters are going to be the least of your problems."

She flashed a grin, and gestured towards the elevator.

qolzfbg.png

Valery turned to him slowly, and all Gatz could do was grin sheepishly at her. Admittedly, fake names would have served them better, but he swore he had an explanation.

"There's a million credit bounty on my head," he whispered, "even Jekerro's enforced truce might not be enough to deter the cartels. But you're a representative from the Galactic Alliance. If harm comes to you, the Hutt Cartel risks a diplomatic incident with the largest governing body in the galaxy. We're safer than you think under your name. So long as we're in Jekerro's territory."

Granted, the second they went to the lower levels where scum unaffiliated with the Hutt government did business, then they were free game.

"And as for agreeing to invite you... this is Nar Shaddaa, Valery. Credits will get you anything."

Gatz let Valery run the show and check them in. Mostly because it was under her name, but also because it gave him a good view of her backside—

He was doing it again.

Gatz turned back to the stupid gold statue, and chuckled a second time. Was this supposed to be Jekerro, or some figure from Hutt history? Either way, the idea of a big slug fighting with a sword was comical. He let out an easy breath, feeling lighter than he had in weeks. Why had he been so certain that he needed fury to get through tonight? Three seconds ago notwithstanding, he could focus just fine. He could handle this situation just like he'd handled Sovereign Station: as his usual self. Why had he ever thought otherwise?

Your usual self delivered drugs and killed in cold blood.

Ah. Right. That was why.

But he was saved from that downward spiral by Valery motioning him toward the elevator.

"Don't you worry about that," as if he'd do this on her dime, when this was his problem, "I gave them my account information. Or, well, the account information for my fake business I use to launder money. Or used to use. Look, it's all coming out of my pocket. Promise."

Nar Shaddaa
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Blasters | Lightsaber

"Fine, fine, fine," Valery said with a chuckle, "I get it, and it's fine. I just... wasn't really expecting it, is all. I was once a Jedi Shadow, so being undercover and using fake identities was very normal, if we even exposed an identity at all." But that was also before just about the entire Galaxy knew who she was. With her orange eyes, the scar over her eye and the recognizable haircut among other features, she always stood out in a crowd.

Even far away from the core.

Valery then turned to the receptionist to check in, but while she waited for the keys, she looked over her shoulder and caught Gatz's eyes dropping a little too far down. She rolled her eyes, turned back to accept the keys, and pretended that she hadn't seen a thing. If he wanted to live in the illusion of pretending to study a statue, she'd let him. Just so she could catch him off-guard on the way to the elevator.

"Got a good look?" she asked, which could refer to the statue, but her grin said it all.

"Come on, let's check out the rooms. You got something nice-looking, I hope?" she asked as they entered the elevator and made their way up to the right level. "And how much longer before the event starts?"

qolzfbg.png

"Wait, what?!"

Fear blossomed in his chest, along with a seed of distrust. Jedi Shadows were very proactive about halting the spread of the Dark Side. More proactive, some people debated, than a Jedi should be. Often times far more ruthless than a Jedi should be. It was all very philosophical, and there were merits to both sides of the argument, but Gatz personally held the opinion that Jedi Shadows were often in violation of the second and final lines of the modern Jedi Code.

You don't believe in the Code, he reminded himself.

But Valery did, and the newfound knowledge shocked him to the core. Of course, she herself probably held a very different view and philosophy of the Jedi Code, and considering she was the sitting Council Member and he the dropout, her opinion was more valid.

But Shadows were not above cold blooded killings. Always in the pursuit of the eradication of the Dark Side. But Gatz felt they often strayed far too close to it. As did he, so who was he to judge, really? He'd nearly strayed in her home, as he had not twenty minutes ago on his ship. What if he'd made that mistake? Would she have speared him through the chest right then and there?

And then he remembered how she took a blaster for him. How she'd fought—fought him, even—to save his life. And that fear vanished immediately, replaced by gentle fondness. Of course she wouldn't have killed him. Would she have absolutely throttled him? Yes, and rightfully so. But Gatz was certain that even if he'd screwed up, even if he had touched the Dark Side, she wouldn't have just ended him then and there.

What a stupid thing to be fearful of. She had done nothing but uplift him.

"I uh, had no idea," Gatz said lamely, as if he hadn't nearly just panicked, "but I guess that makes sense. You did contact me for the first time to help you hunt down a Dark Side artifact. It's just, and I mean this in a good way, you never struck me as the type, I guess. I always thought you were more of the "redeeming" type than the "eradicating" type."

Which, considering how much effort she'd put into guiding him along the right path, was why he was so shocked at the revelation.

And then he found out that he'd gotten caught staring at her ass, and it was like any and all trace of his concern vanished, replaced by rosy cheeks and a beat of silence where he tried to figure out how to deny being caught. But no, better to just admit to it.

"Could have gotten a better one," he joked, "but that Hutt... quite titillating, you know?"

Then he moved back onto business.

"Yours is much nicer than mine, has a king-sized bed," he wouldn't lie, because she'd just see through it, "mine's a twin, but a bed's a bed. You should have just enough time to drop your stuff off and take a look around. Then we ought to get going."

Nar Shaddaa
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Blasters | Lightsaber

Oh, that really caught him off-guard, huh?

Valery looked at him with an almost sheepish smile, and rubbed the back of her neck, "Yeah, well, I've also changed a lot over the years. Maybe I can you more about it some time, but I've chosen to leave much of it in the past. What matters more is how I approach Sith or the Dark Side now, and I've helped redeem several fallen Jedi. My own husband is a son to a Sith Emperor too, so it has become a huge part of my life."

It had been quite a shock, going from an Enclave who had taught her that redemption was either not possible, or far too risky to even attempt, to what she believed now. But it had changed her for the better, and made her far more compassionate.

But moving on from the topic, Valery called out his look, and grinned when she noticed him turning red again. He had definitely been trying to hide it, but she knew him well enough at this point. "Mhmm, of course," she said with a chuckle before stepping into the elevator with a roll of her eye. "I'm glad the Hutt statue was a lot more interesting though." That was definitely a tease, because answering that comment was a dangerous thing.

"I appreciate the extra luxury," she then said, before stepping out of the elevator. "You don't always have to sacrifice your own comfort for me, though. But... I like it this time." This was going to be tough on her, so ever little bit of comfort was going to be nice after the event was over.

Valery then brought all of her stuff into her room with his help, and spent only a few minutes looking around. The bed was large and looked comfortable, the shower was huge and everything looked clean. She couldn't really ask for more, so she decided to head back out to meet up with him.

"You ready to get going?"

qolzfbg.png

Well, if her husband was a Sith heir apparent, Gatz supposed he really had nothing to worry about.

"Oh good, and here I was thinking you were just waiting for me to slip up, so you could put a lightsaber through my chest."

Gatz then realized that he sounded way too relieved, and hadn't injected nearly enough humor into that statement. He didn't want Valery to get the wrong idea, and so quickly spoke up once more.

"That was a joke. I don't actually think you're likely to do that. Nobody has ever made me feel as safe as you do."

Maybe that last part was a little embarrassing to admit, but he hoped it got his point across. No one had ever taken a blaster for him before, no one had ever stopped his dumb ass from bleeding out. And no one had ever tried to insist that he stay in their home while he was being hounded by bounty hunters. So how could he ever feel anything but safe around her?

Well, she just made a comment about the Hutt statue being more interesting than her backside, and Gatz definitely didn't feel safe agreeing with that.

"I definitely wouldn't say the statue is more interesting..." Gatz trailed off.

Naturally, Valery made a comment on him choosing to take the lesser suite. Honestly, he had expected her to argue with him over it, but he was glad she hadn't. Valery Noble deserved to be pampered, how could she not with all she did for the galaxy? If Gatz could give her a big soft bed and a jet tub, then Gatz was going to do those things.

"You deserve every bit of luxury that could be afforded to you," Gatz said simply, "and I'm glad to be able to give you some."

Maybe he ought to pay for a spa day for her. That wouldn't be a half bad way to show her his gratitude.

"If you're all set, let's go grab a taxi, and get this over with."

Nar Shaddaa
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Blasters | Lightsaber

"As long as you stay on the good side, you don't have to worry about my lightsaber." She grinned, knowing that it made it sound like she would stab him if he stepped out of line. But she knew the influence she had on him was strong, so if he were to ever fall or return to his old ways, she'd be having some words with him. Because for as short as they really knew each other, she had already grown very fond of him.

He was among her best friends, without a doubt.

"Good, or else I'd have to wingman for you and our Hutt friend tonight," she said with an even bigger grin than before. Valery had then left to inspect her room and take care of all her stuff, and returned to him with a grateful smile. It was a lot more luxurious than it needed to be for how short they were staying on the moon, but she wasn't going to complain. In fact, she was going to make the absolute most out of her time there, and not waste a second.

"The room is a lot nicer than I thought it'd be. I'm going to enjoy it," she said with a chuckle, as they walked towards the taxi. One pulled over rather quickly, and she stepped inside first before sitting down. As terrible as this planet was, driving by all the neon lights and fancy clubs had some appeal to it as well.

Very few places were this vibrant.

"Let's hope we can get through this without drawing too much attention. The sooner we're out of there, the better," Valery said as she leaned back into her chair and raised a hand to fix up the long hair that began to wave along the currents of the wind. She was probably going to need a moment to really fix it after they'd arrive. The horror.

qolzfbg.png

"I'm not sure that men like me can be on the "good" side," Gatz confessed, "but I survived six years here without using the Force in anger. I'll do my best to go another sixty."

You almost slipped a week ago, he reminded himself.

But I didn't. I realized what I was about to do, and reigned that impulse in.

This time.

Gatz was getting real tired of fighting his own thoughts. He'd never done that before deciding to go straight. But then, he'd never cared to meet somebody else's expectations, or to meet his own. He wondered if meditation would help him stop deriding himself in his own mind. If it would help him achieve a sense of peace.

But then, he already knew it would. He'd just forgotten how to do it. Maybe... maybe he'd ask Valery to lead him through some mediation. He knew she'd say yes to that. Hell, she'd probably be ecstatic.

Kind of like how she was ecstatic about her room.

"I'm glad I can finally do something for you, instead of the other way around."

Gatz knew she didn't believe he owed her a debt. She did what she did because she thought it was right, and because she cared about him. He might not know why that was, but he was certainly grateful.

The trip to Jekerro's Palace was a short one, and soon they were left standing in front of a tall narrow spire, dotted with windows. Two henchmen stood in front of the massive door, checking invitations and patting people down for weapons. The line to get in wasn't long, but the people in it seemed oddly annoyed with the delay to get in.

"Ready to walk in?" Gatz offered Valery his arm, "or would you like a minute or two to center yourself?"

Nar Shaddaa
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Blasters | Lightsaber

"You've done plenty for me," Valery said with a friendly chuckle while she looked at him again. "But I do appreciate it. I already can't wait to get back and take a long bath later. It looked very fancy." She smiled once more and relaxed inside the taxi while they made their way over to the location of the event.

Soon enough, the taxi came to a stop and the two of them got out to briefly admire the building ahead of them. As terrible as the people inside were, she could tell this was a very fancy place to be, and one that was notoriously hard to get into without invitation. Luckily, they had everything they needed for this to work.

"I'm ready, so let's get this going." She drew in a small breath, took his arm and leaned into him just a little, before she started walking towards the guards. In her dress, it was impossible to really hide anything, so she expected that they'd just want to check her purse.

Gatz though... He was definitely not going to be trusted by the guards

qolzfbg.png

"Good, then let's go find out what Jekerro knows about Kragan. As fancy as this place is going to be, I don't want to stay long. Even with the enforced truce, I can't be sure I'm not going to get shot in the back."

Gatz wasn't sure what, if anything, that he'd managed to do for Valery. Except force her to buy new bedsheets after he bled all over them. But if she was content with him, and with something he'd done, the young smuggler decided he'd just accept her praise. He was tired of fighting his own thoughts, tired of thinking he wasn't worthy of her faith, and tired of beating down on himself.

Just this once, he wouldn't let his guilt drag him down.

Valery leaned up against him, and Gatz did his best to straighten up. He was, technically, supposed to be her plus one. He ought to look the part of a fancy date, not some slumping scoundrel, even if he was bound to be recognized the second he walked through the doors. And, with a million credit bounty on his head, that was almost certainly a guarantee.

When it was their turn to approach the two Weequay guards, they looked up from the guest list at the two of them, and blanched.

"Shit," one of them breathed out, "I saw the name, but I didn't think..."

"I don't know which one of you is more bold," the other spoke up, "the Sword showing up in the last place she's wanted, or you, Derrevar, showing up with a price tag on your head."

"Well, there is a truce, correct? Then I should be perfectly safe tonight. And as for Master Noble here, well, certainly no harm will come to her, not if the Hutt Cartels don't want the Alliance knocking on their door."

"You really think nothing is going to happen tonight, don't you?"

"Gentleman, why don't you pat me down, and let my date and I pass. She is here, of course, as Jekerro's esteemed guest."

He'd paid a lot of credits to make that happen.

The two exchanged looks, but didn't show any signs of moving. Annoying. Maybe Valery would have better luck convincing them.

Nar Shaddaa
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Blasters | Lightsaber

"I couldn't agree more," Valery said with a dip of her head as they walked towards the guards. As expected, their response was... just a little bit hostile, and it could even be considered a threat. But Valery just smiled innocently and briefly looked at Gatz, before turning back to the two other men in front of her

"You certainly aren't going to want to start any trouble today," she said very flatly, but she was serious. If any of them tried to attack her or go after Gatz and his bounty, she'd make short work of them. Valery absolutely did not need her lightsaber to beat any of these thugs, and it showed in her confidence.

The guard then steppes forward to pat Gatz down, but in an attempt to intimidate, the other moved to Valery and forced her to raise her arms, before she was patted down as well. It was a part of security measures, so denying it was impossible, but she clearly wasn't pleased.

Luckily, they were allowed to pass right after.

"Alright, where to next?" She asked as she looked around.

qolzfbg.png

Valery managed to talk the guards into actually letting them through, which was appreciated. Gatz let himself be patted down. He still hadn't replaced his blaster, and that was really the only weapon he'd owned, so the two guards found nothing. Giving them a look, Gatz prepared to step inside with Valery around his arm.

Only for them to turn and pat down Valery next.

Gatz watched closely, simmering anger burning in his chest as they frisked her, looking for any touch that might be considered inappropriate. He wasn't oblivious to her curves and well defined muscles, but in the moment, he only cared that she wasn't harassed. But, to the their credit, they didn't seem to do anything to Valery that they hadn't done to him. So the smuggler allowed his anger to pass.

He linked arms with the Jedi Master once more, and together they walked into a den of vipers.

They were greeted by a lavish foyer, flooring made of tiled marble, gilded aesthetic art hung on the walls, and a crystalline chandelier hanging above them. It was certainly more beautiful than Sovereign Station had been. The level of wealth on display made Gatz feel out of place.

Still, nothing in this room was as priceless as the woman on his arm. So let Jekerro have his palace.

"All this beautiful art, and still none of it holds a candle to you."

But Valery was actually on task, and so Gatz moved on from shameless flirting, focusing on what they were here to accomplish.

"I guess we explore a little bit, get a feel for our surroundings," Gatz had never been here before, and wanted to know where all their exits were, "mingle? I'm not sure we really need to do that. We just need to find Jekerro, and make an opportunity to speak with him."

They weren't here for the party, after all, and even if this was a gathering of Nar Shaddaa's more sophisticated criminals, they still weren't the kinds of people Gatz wanted to rub elbows with anymore.

Nar Shaddaa
div-orange.png
Outfit: Wedding Ring
Weapons:
Blasters | Lightsaber

"You are being very bold today. Might want to be careful with that,"
Valery said with a roll of her eyes and a smirk as they walked into the building together. The guards had searched her for weapons too, but this time, she hadn't brought any. Valery had considered putting a lightsaber in her purse, and mind tricking the guards to overlook it, but the risk was just too high. If all things went well, she wouldn't need it either.

"I agree, I really don't want to be here, so let's make this quick." She let go of his arm now that they had played the part to get inside, choosing for a little more freedom to look around. Everywhere, she spotted people with slaves and while it disgusted her immensely, she forced herself to ignore it and focus on what she was looking for.

Jekerro the Hutt.

"There, up in the VIP lounge. I'm sure he's going to be there." She looked at Gatz and nodded her head to let him know she was ready, and not bothered by what she was seeing around her. "We can try to get up there or first look around down here to figure out more. You know this type of place better than I do, so I'll follow your lead."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom