Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Species Naktidis Beast "The Night Stalkers of Kratos"

Status
Not open for further replies.
andrew-baker-177a-namorrodor-conceptart04-ajb.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To create a stealthy mount for the Black Valkyrie warbands of the Athysian League
  • Image Credit: All Imagery used is drawn from here
  • Canon: NA
  • Permissions: NA
  • Links: NA
PHYSICAL INFORMATION
  • Name: Naktidis Beast "Kratosian Night Stalker'
  • Designation: Semi-sentient
  • Origins: Kratos (Korrithon Moon)
  • Average Lifespan: About 30 years
  • Estimated Population: Planetary
  • Description: Long, curved, unnervingly thin bodies with dark blue, purple or black skin, with long, equally thin limbs and long neck, leading to a mawing head, the Naktidis beasts are native to the feral moon of Kratos, orbiting Korrithon. Their claws bear razor sharp long nails that can cut sometimes even through armour, after being sharpened by their beastmasters, while many are being tattooed by the clan's colours. Due to the long and curved shape of their nails, these beasts tend to walk on their fingers, which produces little to no sound, making them highly capable stealthy predators.
andrew-baker-176-namorrodor-posestudy-04-ajb.jpg

PHYSICAL INFORMATION
  • Breathes: Type I
  • Average Height of Adults: Approx 2,3m
  • Average Length of Adults: Approx 1m
  • Skin Color: Dark Purple, Black
  • Hair Color: NA
  • Distinctions: Long, very thin body, wrist-base walking
  • Races: NA
  • Force Sensitivity: Force Dead
COMBAT INFORMATION
  • Combat Function:
    • War Packs. Gathered in large packs, the Naktidis Beasts can be led by their beast masters into a wild charge against the enemy, clawing and tearing the foe apart.
    • Mounts of War. The Black Valkyries are known to utilize these beasts as mounts, using the beasts' nature to their advantage.
andrew-baker-160-namorrodor-wip1-ajb.jpg

Strengths:
  • Soundless Stalkers. Due to their throat anatomy and their strange walking, these creatures can move across almost any terrain producing little, to no sound, making them ideal stealth-troop mounts.
  • Ignorant of the Force. The Naktidis Beasts are able to see through any Force energy which distorts vision, or alters the air around them.
Weaknesses:
  • Thin-skinned. Meant to be stealthy ambush-predators, these beasts are unable to wear any form of armour, or receive Force Enchantments, making them vulnerable to battle-wounds.
  • Rule of One Loyalty. The Naktidis Beasts always see a single individual, which have spent most their lives with, as companion and beastmaster, refusing any other to control them. This, in case the rider dies, makes them dangerous, as they are no longer usable by the Host.
CULTURE
  • Diet: Carnivore
  • Communication: Howling sounds, do not require mouth movement as they come from the nose. Some may be so high pitch they are not hearable by normal human hearing.
  • Technology level: Beasts
  • Religion/Beliefs: NA
  • General behavior: The Naktidis Beasts are wild predators of the moon of Kratos. Those that are found captured by their Black Valkyrie tribes maintain their aggressive nature to most encounters outside the tribe.

HISTORICAL INFORMATION
The Naktidis Beasts are one of the prominent predators of Kratos. Their species most of the times operates in small packs, setting ambushes in which they trap their preys. As part of adulthood initiation for the warrior-culture of the locals, a youth must hunt and tame a Naktidis beast, to be accepted by the Warriors of his or her clan. When tamed, a rather uneasy task which cannot happen if the beast is over 3 years old, then the warrior capturing it takes the beast as his or her own pet and companion. Strangely enough, these beast do not reproduce while in captivity which leads them, once in their lifetime to be sent off to the wilderness. It is unknown how, or how effectivelly these creatures bring forth heirs, with many believing that the natives intentionally keep the breed wild, for the purpose of maintaining the savage nature of the beast.

Last edited:
:: HERO of KORRIBAN ::
Irratar Hemstagon Irratar Hemstagon

That is what I was wondering exactly. I can understand why you would have thought to use the NPC forum, but this is actually a species submission. That template is here!

If you are going to create an NPC unit or NPC character once the species is finished we could keep this here, or move it to the pre-codex so you can change what you need to later.

If this is just so you can sub the species I can archive it also once you get the species submission up for live judgement. Just let me know how you would like to proceed here!

As far as planets go. They are not required to submit to the codex... it is all entirely optional. If you plan on using the planet on a regular basis I do recommend it however.

Judah Lesan Judah Lesan
Noted! If this could be moved to pre codex it would help a ton! Thank u very much for your feedback, helped distinguish things!

As of the planets, majn ones i have put on subs. I am actually hesitant on planet subs as i know after approval you vant add further info. So it would lock the places of further worldbuilding :( but i do have huge lore kn places to make subs with!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom