Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Mustafar- Tempered by Fire

OOC: If some one wants to intervene or spectate with in reason they are welcome.

wb1.png
TAGS:
Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el
alexboarder.png
In the heart of the vast industrial complex, the foundry thrummed with the lifeblood of machinery and the radiant glow of molten metal. Workers navigated the mechanical maze going about the grueling tasks with repetitive soulless toil, their faces ghostly under the forge's fiery glow. It was here that Braze, the Jedi Padawan of the Sentinel of Harmony, found his path, converging with destiny – a confrontation with a man known as Valor. They had tracked "The Organization's ", operations from the cloning facility hidden on Endor, to the training facility on Tatooine, to the foundry here- But what did it all mean?

They were deep within the foundry's heart now. Braze, driven by an unyielding quest for truth, edged closer to his target. Haunted by questions that spanned a lifetime, his resolve was as strong as the steel that surrounded him. Flanked by his master, Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el , they moved with stealth, lightsabers hidden yet primed for the inevitable. The oppressive heat of Mustafar's foundry clings to Braze and Jasper as they navigate through the labyrinthine corridors. The air is thick with the smell of molten metal and machinery, a vivid contrast to the sterility of the cloning facilities they've encountered before. The foundry's role in The Organization's plans remains a mystery to them, but they're determined to uncover the truth and put an end to the sinister cloning project.

As Braze and Jasper delve deeper into the foundry, they come across evidence of the facility's role in manufacturing ship parts – a revelation that hints at the broader scope of The Organization's plans. This foundry is more than just a cog in the cloning operation; it's a vital part of a larger scheme involving the production of warships for nefarious purposes.

Lurking in the gloom, Valor was a silent specter, his gaze fixed on Braze and Jasper's every move. Wrapped in the dark cloak of his own mixed emotions – a maelstrom of jealousy and burning ambition – he watched with intense scrutiny. This was more than a small confrontation; it was Valor's chance to eclipse Braze, to unequivocally assert his dominance and secure his coveted place as Lady Seraphine's preferred 'progeny'. His very identity, inextricably linked to her whims, teetered on the brink of this decisive encounter.

Perched like a sentinel amidst the foundry's unending tumult, Valor chose his moment with calculated precision. With a swift, decisive movement, his orange lightsaber burst to life, its crackling energy slicing through the mechanical den like a harbinger of doom. His anticipation was tangable; he was ready to intercept them, to staunch the flow of secrets that threatened to unravel Lady Seraphine's criminal empire.

As Braze and Jasper advanced, their path converged with Valor's. In a moment charged with intensity, Braze and Valor's gazes locked. The foundry's roar faded into the background as their confrontation took center stage. Light sabers clashed, casting vibrant flashes against the darkened industrial landscape. The sound of searing sabers echoing, resonated through the foundry, accenting the charged energies each of them held.

"Who are you really? What do you seek to achieve by aligning yourself with the schemes of cloners? How can you stand with them, knowing the pain and suffering they cause? Where do your loyalties truly lie?"
Valor's eyes, burning with a volatile inner turmoil, locked onto Braze's somber jade green gaze. The harsh lights of the foundry cast deep shadows across his mask, accentuating hisintense eyes and heated expression. His orange lightsaber, hummed menacingly as he pressed further to engage in a battle that was more than physical – more agressive.

"I am the shadow cast by your light, Braze," Valor declared, his voice filled with contempt and a strange, resonant pain. "I stand where I must, for reasons you couldn't begin to fathom. My loyalty? It lies where it was forged – in the fires of necessity and survival."

The duel erupted with a fury, their lightsabers clashing in a maelstrom of light and energy. Valor, moving with lethal precision, forced Braze back step by step, his attacks a whirlwind of aggression. The foundry became their arena, its dangers amplifying the intensity of their duel.

"Back down and step aside, child," Valor's voice boomed, echoing through the foundry, a mix of derision and a strange, underlying plea. "You're out of your depth in a game you barely understand. You don't know what's at stake, the sacrifices that I have made."

Their lightsabers met with a resounding clash, sparks flying in the dimly lit foundry. Valor's movements were of trained brutality and a desperation born of a life spent in the shadows of others' ambitions.
Braze, was agile and balanced in the momment; he parried and dodged, countering each of Valor's strikes with his own. They danced a dangerous dual among the machinery, each step, each swing, a brush with death. Sparks flew as their sabers clashed, illuminating their forms in the battle of light and shadow.

A burst pipe sprayed scalding steam, forcing them to momentarily disengage. Valor used this opportunity to launch a barrage of quick, sharp jabs, attempting to break through Braze's defenses.

Braze, his back dangerously close to a drop into a vat of molten metal, sidestepped at the last second, causing Valor's saber to slice through the air, barely missing him. With a swift motion, Braze used the Force to push a stack of metal sheets towards Valor, hoping to create a distraction.

Valor, caught off-guard, stumbled back, narrowly avoiding being crushed. He glared at Braze, his eyes burning with a fierce loathing and yet mixed with a hint of impressed respect. "You have talent, Jedi, but it isn't enough. I've been shaped by trials you can't imagine."

Braze, on the back foot stumbled near a conveyor belt transporting molten metal. Valor, seizing the opportunity, unleashed a barrage of swift strikes, forcing Braze to retreat perilously close to the scorching flow. But Braze, with a deft leap, evaded the attack as he regained his footing.

"Your trials, your sacrifices - I may not know them, but I see the turmoil they've wrought within you. Is this the path you truly believe in, or are you just a pawn in someone else's game?"

The clash continued, moving through the foundry like a whirling tempest of fire and wind. They fought past towering smelters, their battle illuminated by the eerie glow of molten metal. Braze narrowly avoided a searing splash of metal, the heat of it singing the air beside him. Their blades locked in a searing tangle of light, inches from each other. Braze's gaze was unyielding, searching for the truth behind Valor's façade. "You speak of loyalty forged in necessity and survival, but at what cost? At the cost of your own conscience? Your own soul?"

Valor, was fueled by his emotions, and fought with a ferocity that was both impressive and terrifying. But as their sabers locked, Braze saw something in his eyes – a flicker of doubt, a hint of the burden he carried.

Last edited:

Mustafar
Tags: Braze Braze

shield_core_divider_NEW.png

Jasper stayed back.

He made no effort to keep his presence hidden though. No, the Sentinel of Harmony was here. This was Braze's fight, of course, and his student had made this very clear to him. Still, Jasper remained, ready to finish it should Braze find himself in mortal danger. He knew that his opponent would recognize him at least. After all, Jasper had humbled him pretty quickly when the fool decided to size him up for a duel.

The same could happen again if it needed to.

That being said, there was far more at play here. The two needed to work something out that surpassed them both in scale, a wound on both their souls. It was that thing that Jasper was waiting for. What or who? He didn't exactly know.

He'd find out in time. Nothing could hide forever.

sith-red.png

Jedi.

Vazz hadn't expected them to show up on Mustafar. And honestly, he might not have noticed only two of them arriving to such a desolate, molten world. He only did because he'd been keeping an eye on them specifically. Braze, and his master, the Sentinel of Harmony. Braze was after something truly dangerous to the Sith, which meant they needed to be dealt with.

Sooner rather than later would be ideal. It was good there was a chance now.

His shuttle made it's way to the surface on it's own, which had him make his way to the ramp just to be ready for it to lower. Braze was a threat simply because of what he was searching for, but his master was a true threat. Eliminating a member of the Jedi Council would certainly be a blow to their morale. He smiled his fake smile as he glanced to the Chiss beside him.

"Ready for a good hunt, Acolyte?"

Ansisa Ansisa | Braze Braze | Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el

As the duel between Braze and Valor intensifies within the perilous environment of the Mustafar foundry, the clashing of their lightsabers echoes through the industrial complex. Valor, fueled by a volatile mix of emotions, clearly gains the upper hand. His movements are aggressive and unrelenting, driven by a deep-seated jealousy and a yearning for recognition.

Valor lashed out at Braze, his orange lightsaber a blur of fury. "You don't understand what it's like!" he shouts over the roar of the foundry. "To be in the shadow, always second, never the chosen one! She sees something in you, something she'll never see in me!"

Braze was struggling to keep up with Valor's vicious onslaught, senses the pain and bitterness in his opponent's voice. The environment around them becomes increasingly hazardous, with sparks flying and machinery whirring dangerously close. Braze narrowly dodges a stream of molten metal, feeling the heat singe the air around him.

"You have everything!" Valor continues, his voice breaking with emotion. "Her attention, her hopes... Why you? Why not me?" His attacks become more frenzied, each strike fueled by a lifetime of feeling overlooked and undervalued.

Braze was pushed to the edge of a molten pit, realizing quickly the depth of Valor's turmoil. "I -!" he starts, but is cut off by another furious swing, the force of which sends him reeling, falling back on to the ledge of cat walk. With no where left to go at the edge of the cat walk there is but only a molten pit of metal below.

"Don't pretend to understand!" Valor snaps. But as he raises his lightsaber for a final, devastating blow, something shifts in his expression. His eyes, burning with anger and pain, suddenly flicker with doubt. For a moment, he hesitates, his lightsaber wavering in the air.

In that brief pause, Valor's gaze meets Braze's, and a silent understanding passes between them. Valor lowers his weapon slightly, the intensity of his aggression diminishing. Valor says something to Braze... but its but a whisper among the roaring machinery that's too hard for Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el to make out.

As Valor stands, lightsaber in hand, hesitating over a vulnerable Braze, the sudden roar of engines cuts through the din of the foundry. Both combatants turn their attention to the source of the noise – a military transport ship descending towards them, its side hatch open.

Standing in the hatch is Ace, the auburn-haired bounty hunter and assassin known visually for his heavily scarred left side. A long black coat furls in the wind. His presence is intimidating, and his gaze is fixed on Valor with a familiar critical edge. Next to him stands Lady Seraphine, a striking figure with warm caramel skin and stilted green eyes, her poise exuding authority and elegance.

Ace calls out to Valor, his voice carrying over the noise of the foundry and the ship's engines. "Valor! It's time to go," he shouts, his tone leaving no room for argument. There's a hint of satisfaction in his voice, as if he enjoys interrupting the duel and asserting control over the situation.
Valor, torn between the duel and his duty to Lady Seraphine, casts a final look at Braze. The moment of hesitation lingers...

Lady Seraphine watches the scene with an unreadable expression. Her eyes briefly meet Braze's and she draws a hand up crooking a single finger in a come hither motion.

Ansisa didn't ask questions, because she knew she wouldn't get anything besides cryptic answers. All she needed to know was there were Jedi where there shouldn't be, and they were tasked with killing them.

"Of course, Master." she replied a smirk curling at the edges of her mouth. "I am always ready. Am I bait again today?"

She was always bait. But maybe, just maybe, this time they would work together.

Vazz Vazz Braze Braze Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el

Mustafar
Tags: Braze Braze , Vazz Vazz , Ansisa Ansisa

Jasper had stepped forward by this point, a less than enthused look on his face. He took one moment to check on braze before turning directly to the woman who was beckoning for him. Like a dog. No, not to his student.

"I was wondering when I'd meet you," Jasper remarked, his tone laced with distaste. "Growing clone slaves, kidnapping force sensitive children... but dead-beat parent is probably what's been causing the most trouble. I mean, that one over there only ever drew his blades because he thought he could make you proud. But, I digress."

His brow furrowed. There were still a lot of unanswered questions at play. The purpose of all of this? Whatever was with that seeker lightsaber, which he assumed was likely back with the other young Echani. This opperation seemed scientifically engineered to both cause distruction and ruin Braze's life. Frankly, Jasper didn't care to stand for it. He was the Sentinel of Harmony after all, a member of the Jedi council. Why should he put up with this?

"I'd like to make one thing clear," he hissed. "Braze is my son now, and if you want to drag him into whatever this... thing is that you're doing, it will be over my dead body-"

<There's another ship on the planet,> the voice of Pyf came from over his earpiece. <I told you heading into Sith space was a bad idea.>

Sure enough, the air seemed to chill, even as the planet of Mustafar sweltered around them.

"Braze," Jasper began, "Are you good? I think we're about to have trouble. Well, more than... y'know."

sith-red.png

"Don't worry, acolyte. The bait has already been laid out. And taken."

He didn't immediately fade from view this time, instead walking forward with his hands clasped behind his back, his head held high. Opportunity. It had come by chance alone, and now he'd already taken hold of it. Not that he'd filled in Ansisa about it. She'd find out soon enough. Surprise and uncertainty were his weapons, after all. Even against his own student.

Then he stepped forward, into the shadows the Defel were so known to exist in, and rushed. Not for the Jedi, though. Even if it meant leaving her behind to catch up he'd what he came here for. He only appeared when he had entered the room, his presence in the Force suddenly washing out from where it had been muffled completely.

"Lady Seraphine."

Vazz stepped forward, smiling as he pulled back his hood to stare down at the woman. "I did not expect to see you tied up in this. But it does make it easier."

Braze Braze | Ansisa Ansisa | Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el

Time slows to a crawl.

Valor stands at the edge of the catwalk, his gaze fixed on the departing ship where Lady Seraphine and Ace await him. The hesitation in his movements is easily noticed. He's torn between his duty to follow their call and his deep-seated desire to prove himself, especially in front of Seraphine. His earlier faltering against Braze wasn't just a momentary lapse; it was a full blown manifestation of his internal struggle, a conflict that goes beyond his loyalty.

As Valor grapples with his thoughts, Braze seizes the opportunity. With a swift and calculated move, he kicks at Valor's legs, leveraging the moment of distraction. Valor stumbles, caught off guard by the sudden counterattack. Braze uses this moment to roll forwards poping up to then flip backwards acrobatically, landing deftly on a thin railing. His movements are fluid and executed with grace as he returns his blade to a fencing guard, before lunging forwards.

Valor was now on the defensive. He tries to regain his composure but the conflict within him has taken its toll. His attacks, once driven by a fierce determination, now seem hesitant and conflicted as his mind races to catch up to the present moment. Each swing of his lightsaber is less certain, less aggressive, less confident. The tables have turned, and Braze is now the one pressing the advantage.

Ace, standing at the edge of the ship's open hatch, watches the duel with a critical eye. His gaze hardens as he sees Valor struggling, his movements betraying his internal conflict. With a scowl, Ace reaches for his comlink, barking orders into it with a tone that brooks no argument.

"Valor! Enough of this!" Ace's voice cuts through the din of the foundry, sharp and commanding. "You have your orders. Disengage and return to the ship, now!"

Valor hesitates, his lightsaber wavering mid-air as he glances towards the ship with a fleeting leer. Ace's threat is implicit in his tone, a reminder of the consequences of disobedience. "Don't make me come down there to get your ass," Ace adds, his words laced with a dangerous promise. "You know what's at stake. Don't test my patience."

Meanwhile, Lady Seraphine stands beside Ace, her expression one of controlled fury as she addresses Jasper. "How dare you," she begins, her voice seething with righteous indignation. "You presume to judge me, to question my actions? You know nothing of my intentions or the sacrifices I've made."

Her stilted green eyes flash with a mix of anger and pain. "Braze is not your pawn to claim, Jedi. You speak of protection, but you're just as guilty of using him for your own ends. Everyone knows what rank you hold on that council of yours."

Lady Seraphine's attention is diverted by the sudden appearance of Vazz, her demeanor changing noticeably. A soft, almost affectionate smile plays on her lips as she turns to face him. Her eyes, which just moments ago flashed with anger and indignation, now hold a glimmer of warmth.

"Vazz, my precious," she begins, her voice taking on a tender, almost maternal tone. "Well, isn't this a pleasant surprise? To think you would grace us with your presence at such a critical moment. You always had a knack for appearing when least expected, yet most needed. It seems fate continues to favor us with your timely interventions."

Braze's focus is momentarily divided as he overhears Jasper's words.
"I'd like to make one thing clear," he hissed. "Braze is my son now, and if you want to drag him into whatever this... thing is that you're doing, it will be over my dead body-"

Despite the danger and the need for concentration, Jasper's declaration resonates with him, prompting a response even as he continues to fend off Valor's attacks.

"Does that mean I'm adopted?" Braze asks, his voice filled with surprise. He ducks under a particularly vicious swing from Valor, using his agility to his advantage.
"Braze," Jasper began, "Are you good? I think we're about to have trouble. Well, more than... y'know."

As he parries another of Valor's strikes, Braze counters with a swift attack of his own, keeping the pressure on his opponent. "Yeah, I'm good!" he calls out to Jasper, confirming his status while also acknowledging the new developments. "Looks like we have extra company!"

Last edited:
"UGH. I hate it when you do this!" she shouted after him as he vanished into the shadows leaving her in the dust without a trail to follow, she made a mental note, to find a way around it, to find a way to track him even when he didn't want to be tracked. She knew where he was going though, the sickly sweet sensation of Jedi in the force was unmistakable.

Ansisa followed her masters example, disappearing from everything but sound, feeling him materialise ahead of her, she burst forward to join him, appearing at his elbow, she was positively vibrating with anticipation for the kill. They were all just standing there...talking and watching two children battle.

Hungry red eyes washed over the fight, before coming to settle upon Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el , council member of the New Jedi Order. Sentinel of something...she couldn't recall his full title in the moment. It would come to her eventually. At least she now knew why they were here. Where Vazz was still an patient, Ansisa was twirling her lightsaber in her hand. Stolen from Jalen Kai'el Jalen Kai'el , bled and rebuilt by hers.

Vazz Vazz Braze Braze

Mustafar

"Braze is not your pawn to claim, Jedi. You speak of protection, but you're just as guilty of using him for your own ends. Everyone knows what rank you hold on that council of yours."

"Shut up, ya hag," Jasper snapped back. "Don't call him a pawn."

Nobody was calling his student a pawn. Jasper was going to make sure that not a single soul used Braze for their own ends. He had already stated this, and the knight didn't lie. Seraphine could say what she want to sleep at night but that didn't change a thing.

"Does that mean I'm adopted?"

"...I've given it a lot of thought," he noted. "But yeah. We can talk about it after... all of this."

It was kind of a sudden decision on his end, or at least as it related to this moment. Jasper really had been considering this for a great deal of time now, but this was sort of where that thought came to a cross-roads in his mind. After all, Braze's mom seemed to be a complete piece of garbage. That was as much of an endorcement that he would do an okay job as he was going to get. He wasn't gonna overthink it.

And then there was a dog, followed by a Chiss. That was the trouble, or the extra trouble anyways. Jasper was quick to procure his lightsaber, standing the two down.

"Of course you all know each other," Jasper frowned. "So what's your deal. You eat souls or something?"

Sith were getting kind of dull. Jasper had spent his life preparing to fight the immortal, going up against the likes of the Knights of Ren and all kinds of alchemically modified freaks. This one was kind of just a guy. His focus did shift to the young woman with him however, a very familiar lightsaber catching his eye.

"And you didn't even build your own lightsaber?" he observed. "Jeez, am I getting old?"

Where was the personal flair? Jasper had no respect for the Sith, but now they didn't even have that? Maybe he had just seen them at their peak in the Hyperspace War.

"Alright, well I feel obligated to give you the option to talk it out," the knight decided. "So state your peace, I guess."

And banter more with Seraphine. He needed more intel.

sith-red.png

"Lady Seraphine."

He spoke softly, but he wasn't being kind. Even the fake kind that he often displayed wasn't here. To think she was involved in all of this. It did make things easier for him, but it wouldn't for her. And he wasn't about to pretend otherwise. "Your associate has gotten in my way. I am taking his head." There was no negotiation with that. His red eyes fell on Valor for a brief moment.

As if on cue, Valor's head was separated from the rest of his body. The illusions he could create were effective, especially when his real form stalked through the shadows with ease.

His gaze turned then, back towards the pair of Jedi that had come here, to a Sith world. He'd of laughed if he thought it would benefit him. But Jasper seemed long dead to the terrors of the Sith. He would be a problem. "I had excepted the Sentinel of Harmony to be more.. Harmonic, I suppose. But now I see where your Padawan's arrogance comes from. Then again, being branded by a Sith like Carnifex would have some level of detachment from reality. Give the lightsaber to me, and you can leave."

Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el | Braze Braze | Ansisa Ansisa

Lady Seraphine's expression remained composed, yet there was a flicker of something - surprise, perhaps, or annoyance - that crossed her features briefly at the bold declaration. She regarded the severed head of Valor with a cool detachment, her gaze then shifting to meet the red eyes of the speaker.

"I have no use for disobedient pets." she began, her voice calm and controlled. "Valor has served his purpose."

Turning her attention to Jasper and Braze, Lady Seraphine's demeanor shifted subtly, a hint of condescension lacing her words. "As for the Sentinel of Harmony and his Padawan, it seems they have wandered far from their path. It's a pity, really. The Jedi once stood for something great; but now..."

She trailed off, her gaze lingering on Jasper. "Your offer is generous, Jedi. You should take it. " She said with almost sickening amusement.
Ace's reaction to the gruesome scene before him was a blend of horror, disgust, and anger. The sight of Valor's severed head, his own student, triggers a visceral response in him. His usual composed demeanor cracks, revealing the raw emotions beneath.

"Kriffing hells!" Ace exclaims, the curse word slipping out in his shock. His eyes, wide with disbelief and fury, dart from the severed head to the figure responsible for the act. For a moment, he seems lost in his thoughts.

Quickly regaining his composure, Ace moves instinctively, stepping in front of Lady Seraphine to shield her from any potential threat. His protective stance is firm.

"Seraphine, we need to leave. Now," he says, his voice firm, but there's an underlying tremor of rage. He glances back at her, ensuring she's unharmed, his protective instincts fully taking over.

Turning his head slightly, he calls out to the pilot of their ship, "Get us out of here! Full throttle, don't wait for clearance!" He moved to draw the hatch door slamming it shut.

alexboarder.png

In the midst of their fierce duel, a blur of clashing lightsabers and swift movements, Braze and Valor were locked in a dance of deadly intent. The foundry's dim light cast long, wavering shadows around them, the air thick with the smell of molten metal and the hum of machinery. Braze, young and agile, had matched Valor's every move with a determination that belied his years. They were both in rare form.

Suddenly, the duel's rhythm shattered. Braze's eyes, a pale jade mirroring the glow of his lightsaber, widened in horror. Time seemed to slow as he witnessed an unthinkable scene. Valor's head, was severed from his body in a brutal, swift motion. The head tumbled through the air, a silent yet abrupt end of a life defined by struggle and loyalty.

Valor's body, now a lifeless shell, crumpled to the ground with a hollow thud, the sound echoing through the vast foundry. The lightsaber slipped from his limp hand, its light extinguishing as it clattered on the metal floor.

The abrupt and unexpected shock of it washed over Braze and he froze his eyes going wide as he watched the horrific sight up close. There was a sickening twisting feeling that settled in the pit of his stomach as he panted lightly his feet taking shaky uncertain steps back and away from the visceral mess he bare witness to.
alexboarder.png

Valor, still very much alive despite the horrifying illusion of his death, stood in the shadows, his emotions a tumultuous storm. The sight of Lady Seraphine's composed rejection, her cool detachment in the face of what she believed to be his gruesome end, struck him with a piercing sense of betrayal. His heart, which had always yearned for her approval and recognition, now felt the cold sting of abandonment.

His eyes, usually a mirror of his monumental resolve, now tinged with hurt, confusion, and a dawning realization of his true worth in her eyes. The illusion of his death, meant to be a strategic move, had unexpectedly revealed the harsh truth of his expendability. Valor's fists clenched at his sides, hinting at his inner turmoil. The foundry's dim light cast eerie shadows across his face, accentuating the conflict etched in his features.

Meanwhile, Braze, witnessing the illusion of Valor's beheading, reacted with instinctive horror. His young face, usually so full of confidence and brashness, was now etched with shock and disbelief. The sight of Valor's severed head, a person he had just been locked in combat with, sent a jolt of fear and revulsion through him. His lightsaber wavered in his hand, the steady hum of its blade a stark contrast to the chaos of his thoughts. And Valor could feel it all. Braze, still grappling with the shock and the deceptive nature of what he had just witnessed, felt a surge of empathy and sorrow for Valor. The lines between friend and foe blurred.

There was no reason to continue to fight Braze.

For a fleeting moment, Braze's eyes met Valor's across the foundry. In that brief exchange, a silent understanding passed between them - a shared realization of the cruel game they were pawns in. Valor, seeing his escape route vanish with the departure of the ship, understood the gravity of his situation. He was alone, abandoned by the one he sought to impress, and now faced with an uncertain future.

An uneasy expression settled on Valor as he tried to back away from the scene, returning one of the unstable orange sabers to his hilt. His hand blindly reached for the saber he had sought to take from Vazz previously. He didn't know its true purpose, the depth of its crystal, nor the histories it protected or contained. But now, he had no reason to keep it, and he understood that the threat for leaving the saber was meant for him. He had no use for it now. His movements were languid and slow, as if his body was nothing more than a soulless puppet going through empty motions. He tried to focus on where the real Vazz was using the Force. In a final bid for life, he would throw the prize he sought towards him.

Last edited:
It didn't take long for Ansisa to realise that they were not there for the reasons she thought they were, and while she was not able to connect all the dots, she was growing impatient. Impatient with the show, impatient with the lack of context and above all impatient with her master for only ever giving her half the story. There would only ever be so much that she could learn on her own.

Without a word, she vanished from his side. If it even was his side and not his illusions. She came to hunt, and there was a little Jedi brat who was off kilter and without an opponent that would make the perfect prey. Unless of course Her dear master had other ideas, and if he did, he would have to share them in their entirety.

Ansisa was done playing games.

Braze Braze Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el Vazz Vazz

Mustafar

"Braze, focus," Jasper stated calmly. "He isn't dead. Your eyes are being used against you."

He tried to focus on where the real Vazz was using the Force. In a final bid for life, he would throw the prize he sought towards him.

Jasper reached out, instinctively catching the thing that had just been thrown... Oh, he had seen this lightsaber before. Was this what the fuss was about? Jasper drew his own blade, igniting both, though frowning a little at the weight of the older lightsaber.

"Damn, who the hell was fighting with this thing," he muttered. "Hey, this piece of junk is important, yeah?"

He may as well make himself the primary target here.

Without a word, she vanished from his side.

"Ignore your eyes," he told Braze. "Just like your training. Listen to the ground, keep up with movements. And... Valor, yeah? I suggest you grow a backbone and fight if you wanna live. Ditching this thing isn't gonna get them off your back."

The canine man had made it clear. He wanted his head to roll. No ammount of placating was going to resolve this one. Of course, Jasper had his own way that he intended to solve the problem. A tried and true method that always had a great deal of success, even against folks who postured themselves as gods.

Kick his ass.

"Bring it then," the Sentinel stated, assuming a Jar'kai opening. "I don't like my time being wasted."

sith-red.png

"Not yet, Acolyte."

It was a voice only for Ansisa's ears. The fake of Vazz that stood above simply watched as Seraphine fled to her ship. She wasn't going to have a safe flight, especially ignoring the clearance of the Sith. Especially when there were Jedi on world. She'd be shot down, soon enough. Perhaps that would put her deeper into his debt. A grin, cruel and wide formed on his expression.

Yet again she was going to dance for him and his.

"Watch the boy. He is already unsettled. Take advantage, but be warry. The Padawan of Harmony is far too skilled at refinding his center when he's afraid. Instead, strike his pride."

Half measures and incomplete orders weren't going to handle this. Not for the Sentinel of Harmony. It was rare for prey like this to wander their way into a den. The dopple of Vazz turned his red eyes down to the pair of Jedi as he watched the lightsaber be casually tossed. A bid for Valor's life, to give the weapon to Vazz so that he would not be struck down by the Defel.

Odd, then, that the Lightsaber somehow ended up in Jasper's hands if it was tossed towards the real Vazz.

Or a warning.

There was no true waning. No sound, no shift in sight. Not even his presence in the Force was there as the Defel struck out from behind Jasper. Sith steel in the shape of twin sickles, sharp as even a lightsaber, arced for the Sentinel's neck as he spoke, as he lowered into a stance to prepare to fight. Impending death was the only warning the Force could give.

"Kill the boy, if you can. If not, cripple him."

Ansisa Ansisa | @Baze | Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el

As Jasper's words cut through the chaos, Braze's focus sharpened. He closed his eyes, deliberately shutting out the visual stimuli that threatened to overwhelm him. In the darkness behind his eyelids, he found an unexpected comfort, a soft, enveloping presence that calmed his mind's eye. This was a scenario he had trained for, a moment where reliance on senses other than sight was crucial. Almost instantly, his heightened awareness kicked in, and he could sense Valor's position – a step and a half away from where his eyes had last seen him. Braze's connection to the Force deepened, allowing him to feel the layout of the battlefield with acute precision.

Each of the young apprentices, had received specific instructions from their masters. Valor, momentarily caught off guard and flustered by Jasper's intervention, quickly regained his composure. A frown creased his brow as he ignited his second lightsaber, the crackling orange blade coming to life in his hand. He was ready to face whatever hostiles lay ahead.

Valor was determined to make his own choices, to take control of the situation. The thought of surrendering their quarry was not an option he was willing to consider.

Meanwhile, Ansisa Ansisa found herself in a challenging position, having to manage a confrontation with the Echani and the half-breed in an uneven match.

Mustafar

Jasper reacted effortlessly. If there was any sense of dread exuding in the force, he very clearly didn't care. There was almost an unsatisfied manner about him, as though he had expected more. It was all reaction, instincts kicking in to deflect the blow, Jasper positioning his lightsaber and the ancient one behind his head to take the hit.

"Oh, there you are," he noted. "That was a cool trick."

The Sentinel turned, preparing a more defensive stance. A farce, however, as he amost immediately after positioned his mechanical arm to fire a crossbow bolt at the Defel's foot, launched from the weapon stored within. He would almost immediately strike after this, bringing a blade across in a horizontal slash from either direction. It was fast, done with little thought. The choreography was second nature, movements imprinted into the back of his mind done entirely on instinct.

He had been training to fight the best on the backfoot after all.

Ansisa paused only briefly at her masters words. Not yet simply meant don't strike, its didn't mean she couldn't get into position, its didn't mean that in the time words were exchanged she hadn't been able to position herself directly behind Braze Braze in the time it took him to re-centre himself. Ansisa was still, she might be invisible in the force and from the naked eye, but he would hear her easily enough.

So she waited, with surprising patience, she would only move when he moved. His steps would mask hers. They would play hide and seek, until Ansisa felt confident enough that she could strike without issue. She shut out the movement of the battle beggining behind her. Her focus had to be solely on the Jedi and the other one. Valor...he would be a bigger problem than this little brat.

Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el Vazz Vazz

sith-red.png

Vazz sighed.

He shifted back, away from the Jedi, his form shifting unnaturally as he did. The fake above had faded as he instead focused on himself. A duplicate around him, looking and feeling as real as his actual body that was hidden by the natural light absorbing nature of the Defel. Strikes that should've hit didn't. His own blades scythed through the air and yet cut where they weren't. It was all illusion, the core of everything Vazz had mastered.

But pointless against the Sentinal of harmony who constantly, effortlessly, saw through everything the Sith could do.

This was ultimately pointless for the Defel. No surprise could work on the Jedi. Hell, even his Padawan seemed to be able to see through the illusions that weren't just by sight, but even felt real in the Force. He'd stolen the lightsaber without even meaning to. Even the little shit Valor had decided that, rather than be a coward and run, he'd stay and fight. Ansisa wasn't deterred, but that was more foolhardy of her than anything else.

They had nothing here. No surprise. No unsettled Jedi. There would be no winning a fight. So Vazz shifted back into the shadows again, reaching a hand to shatter the ancient saber outright. Not shatter, turn to dust. It wasn't a skill he should be using just yet, but he did regardless. What was metal turned to sand.

"The one named Valor, I want his head. I will keep the Sentinel busy enough. Claim it for me, Acolyte."

Braze Braze | Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el | Ansisa Ansisa

wb1.png

TAGS:
Vazz Vazz Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el Ansisa Ansisa
Gear: Anti-Toxin Face Mask | Tactical Knife | Saberbreaker Gauntlets | Space Wizard Pattern Boots | Sunfire Signet Ring | GAB-34 Fang | [Pair of Eshan Charms] x3 | Training lightsaber
alexboarder.png

In the cacophony of the loud foundry setting, with Valor being a deliberately under-trained student and Braze effectively blinded, Ansisa Ansisa unknowingly held a significant advantage.

For Braze, this was a pivotal moment, shaping him in more ways than one. It was his first real chance to test the culmination of the relentless and exhausting training he had endured. This was a moment where he would fall to the level of his training.
He had to trust Jasper could handle his own presently.

Braze couldn't quite make out the sound of distinct foot steps behind him as he moved but he could feel some one else's presence. HE was trying to feel their intent. Valor was not in a good position for defense and looked uncertain of an approach to get around Braze who was presently an obstacle for him.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom