Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Multi factioned PCs

With the event almost coming to an end and the Galaxy will be open for business once more. That means war and lots of it. I would like to have the Site Admins and RPJs clarify something for me before even such becomes an issue with my future plans.

Multi Factioned PCs :

If one character of a Major faction is also a character of Another and actively part of both factions, are they allowed to participate in invasions? I haven't kept up with the on-goings of other invasion and only have had third party inquires made to me about such. Seems to be a huge loop whole in the rules that circumvent the ally slot/ no allies agreements between Factions prior to threading.

Strider Garon said:
If one character of a Major faction is also a character of Another and actively part of both factions, are they allowed to participate in invasions?
The biggest problem is controlling which factions people can join without interrupting their work/information flow. A lot of people stack their Major Factions on their main account (the account used the most) so they don't have to bother constantly swapping accounts. This is often the case that allows one to say "I'm an active member" because Major Factions don't have any requirements for keeping up a roster of active members. A thread a month would be nice where Major Factions do activity checks but again - who's going to remember to 1) do it and 2) check to see if they did it, especially given how quickly admins change at any given Faction. I barely remember to make a Member of the Month each month.

Plus, even if we held an activity check, there will be gaps throughout the month where players can sneak through - it'd take just one Invasion where a Major Faction gained a superior number of members a week after the activity check to make the Staff team raise an eyebrow. And even then, we wouldn't have the FAs on our side in enforcing it, as it'd better serve them to abuse it. Or it'll just create a monotonous tasking for everyone of these "loophole abusers" (not really a loophole if it's intentionally allowed) to just remember to post once a month. Unless it is automated, players will always find a way around it - if Staff presents the solution.

There's just so much to consider and no real clear answer. So, it's allowed.

We leave it to the Faction Admins to establish clear and fair terms prior to Invasions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom