Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Multi Altitude Assault Transport/Infantry

Status
Not open for further replies.
taqm.jpg

Multi Altitude Assault Transport/Infantry
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: The purpose of this submission is to provide the Confederacy of Independent Systems with a spiritual successor to the famed LAAT/i of canon that can effective operate in multiple altitudes.
  • Development Thread: N/A
  • Image Source: LucasFilm
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Rothana Heavy Engineering
  • Model: Multi Altitude Assault Transport/Infantry
  • Affiliation: The Confederacy of Independent Systems
  • Modularity: No
  • Production: Mass-Produced
  • Material: Durasteel, Glasteel
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Balanced Dropship
  • Role: General Transport
  • Height: 6.1 meters
  • Width: 17 meters (wingspan)
  • Length: 17.4 meters
  • Power Core Generator/Reactor: Solar Ionization Reactor
  • Hyperdrive Rating: 2.0
  • Minimum Crew: 1 (Pilot)
  • Optimal Crew: 5 (Pilot, Co-Pilot, Gunners)
  • Sublight Speed and Maneuverability: Class 4
  • Passenger Capacity: 36
  • Cargo Capacity: 10 metric tons
  • Consumables: 8 hours
NON-COMBATIVE ATTACHMENTS
  • Standard Communications Array
  • Standard Navigational Systems
  • Standard Life Support Systems
  • Deflector Shield Systems
  • Standard Sensory Suite
ARMAMENTS
  • Laser Cannons (2)
  • Homing Missile Launcher (1)
  • Cluster Missile Launcher (1)
COMPLEMENTDESCRIPTION

The Multi Altitude Assault Transport/Infantry, affectionately referred to is "Big Latty" by the Confederacy's military personnel, is an exceptional vehicle poised to become the faction's main, infantry-deliverance dropship. It's spiritual predecessor, the original Low Altitude Assault Transport/Infantry, was designed for the insertion and landing of troops on planetary surfaces. However, the designers at Rothana Heavy Engineering saw a need to expand upon the drop ship's potential usage outside of this niche task and began working on a new vessel inspired by the original MAAT. The MAAT/i is the culmination of the design team's efforts and is a heavier, technologically advanced vessel than its original incarnation. However, this advancement (in the form of shields and a hyperdrive unit) comes at the sacrifice of payload; and it is to be noted that the MAAT/i suffers a considerable loss in armament in comparison to its predecessor. Regardless, what it lacks in firepower, it makes up for in the survivability of troops, in addition to the ability to transport and insert soldiers at a variety of altitudes.

*Cracks knuckles*
Right, lets get this done.
  • Composite beams have a 2x multiplier putting this one over the gun limit.
  • The cargo hold is double that of most light freighters.
  • Consumables for the cannon version lasted for 8 hours, you upped them to a month for 41 people. This includes food, air, and waste management. On a tiny dropship with one room.
  • These boosts are on top of the hyperdive and passenger/speeder compliment increases allowed by the site rules. (Cannon version didn't carry a hyperdrive.)
  • Your intent claims this is an update to the LAAT/I but your description and name has it as a MAAT variant.
  • Why is there Turadium in this? It's starting to read like every loss over the cannon version is just an excuse to pile on more 'durability' without explaining it.
  • Additionally the cannon version is mentioned as lacking armor and didn't have shields beyond atmospheric containment. The opposite of your submission.
  • ​Your intent is not acceptable in light of your three other LAAT designs already approved as well as drop pods. Why do you need so many troop delivery systems, doesn't the Confederacy use 95% battle droids anyways?
I can understand wanting to use a cool cannon ship and wanting to update it to 'modern' site requirements, but in doing so you've ignored or replaced every drawback with this ship and used the weapon reduction to justify it. Those are the limits everyone has to abide to and shouldn't be used as an excuse to buff. That said, yes, you should be allowed the same things on your ship everyone else is, shields and hyperdrives are usually standard for dropships on the forum.
Part of the problem is arising from where you say this is an update to the cannon ship when this reads like a completely new ship that just happens to look like the old, not a spiritual successor. I'm going to as that you do an extensive reworking of this with the points I raised above in mind.
@[member="Isley Verd"]

Alrighty...
  • Guns have been updated as per the multiplier.
  • Cargo capacity has been cut in half.
  • Consumables has been sliced considerably.
  • Turadium dropped.
  • Updated the intent/description to identify the vessel as a spiritual successor, rather than a full update. The attachments that are standard due to the template have been credited as apart of this.
  • This submission is necessary in light of my being asked to replace my listing of the canon LAAT/i. So, I chose what in the templates closest matched the LAAT/i in role. It is also necessary due to the Marines, C-OST, and Dread Guard units within the Naval forces.
Think that about covers it, sorry for the delay. Laptop crapped out on me. [member="Domino"]

Repeating also carries a x2 multiplier, the listing is now posted in its near entirety in the 'How To' thread.
Cutting the cargo in half has put it at where a light freighter is on cargo, needs to be closer to 1/10th of what it is.
[member="Isley Verd"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom