Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Moving towards a brighter Future

Val_Header.png

Outfit | Weapon/Weapon | Appearance

ValSword.png

Val-Prof_1.png
Outfit | XoXo
Location | Cularin | Valery's home
Tag | Amani Serys Amani Serys

"Mmmhmmm,"

It was quite strange that after several years of a very successful relationship with Kahlil, she could still feel so uncertain about these things. Perhaps it was because she never properly dated before, or allowed herself to be open to the way she felt about someone if it went beyond a desire for friendship. Either way, the assurances from Amani helped ease the nerves more than she could probably imagine.

Something only a true best friend could do.

The conversation then shifted back to Vera, and Valery just couldn't stop smiling, "That sounds great. She's going to be really happy to hear this. With all this moving around, it's been hard for her to make friends and spend time with them. She loves playing or messing around with me, but it's good for her to be around others too, you know?" Another thing that worried her but hopefully the move would bring more stability into her daughter's life.

On the topic of moving, Valery sighed softly and got up, "Yeah, let's move some boxes to the Bastion," Valery said before she brought Amani over to the garage, where most were stored. "Aldric asked me out on a camping trip, so that'll be really fun. But nothing beyond that yet..." she paused and looked a little more fearful, "You think I should plan more with him? Or is it okay like this?"

She shook her head and picked up a heavier box, "What about you and Alicio?"

ValSword.png

"Daw, well we'll be sure to keep her company," It was tough to move from one place to another and have to make new friends her age all over again, but they could at least be a more consistent and familiar presence in her life, and make that transition a little smoother.

Amani stood up after Val and followed her to where most the boxes had been assembled, and smirked when she mentioned plans for camping trip, "Reallyyy…" It would be a nice time, no doubt. And just the two of them… "You're fine, Val. There's no need to force anything, remember? One step at a time. Get through your first date, then you can start planning what comes next. Besides, he's the one who asked you out, which is already a good sign."

Amani stepped over and picked up a stack of several smaller boxes, keeping them stable against her chest with her chin, "Well, we're going to make that trip to Mirial, I think. That's the main thing we've been talking about, anyway" He has also asked for her help with something on Denon, but that endeavor wasn't exactly a date, "Otherwise, not really. Just enjoying each other's company at home..." She smiled.

"Where do you want this stuff set down at?"

Outfit | XoXo

"Thank you," she said with motherly appreciation before they made their way over to the garage and continued the topic of dating, which was still very much in the overly exciting phase for them both. Amani was definitely some steps ahead, but something like living together was a step that could really spark a plethora of new emotions and excitement.

As long as there wasn't too much friction over the little things, of course.

"Mhmm, really," Valery said with a grin, as she balanced the heavy box against her chest. "Just us two in the wilderness..." The grin widened a little and she nodded. "After the date, we'll probably have to go back to our duties for a bit. Then I'll need to introduce him to my Padawans and take him somewhere nice too. And he'll have to meet Vera at some point..." The doubt in her voice made it clear she had not even the slightest idea when that would be appropriate.

A quick shift to Amani's vacation helped break the nervous bubble again though. "Ah right, I remember. Should be a fun trip but there's nothing wrong with just staying at home to relax together~" She teased but then paused briefly as they entered the Bastion, and moved to the cargo room. "Down here is fine. We don't have much, so it'll easily fit. We won't have to worry about organizing the boxes."

She gently set down her heavy box and sighed. "I'm thinking a vacation somewhere tropical with him would be fun. Have you and Alicio done anything like that? Going for beach walks, enjoying nice weather... that sorta thing."

ValSword.png

“Of course,” Amani dipped her head briefly. It was the least she could do, and frankly, she wanted to do it. It meant getting to see Vera more, and giving Val the chance to have a bit more of her own life. A win-win.

Mmhmmm~Amani echoed back, smirking as she began to carry off her stack of boxes to the ship, “Don’t forget me. Still gotta pass the best friend inspection to make sure he’s worthwhile,” She teased. If Valery was this crazy about him, then it was a good sign, but Amani needed to at least for herself, right?

“But no, it should be a good time. You’ll know when you’re ready for it,” Admittedly, she didn’t have much experience in that particular facet of relationships. At the end of the day, she had never committed to an actual relationship this far with anyone other than Alicio, and introducing kids wasn’t a part of that equation. But her optimism regarding Aldric and Valery’s relationship remained steadfast. “Who else knows, already? About you and him?”

Amani set her boxes down in the cargo bay, and was already heading back to get more, “No, but I’d really like to as well. It sounds like a really nice time. Maybe some time after we get back from our Mirial trip.” She needed more excuses to show him pretty outfits, anyway.

Outfit | XoXo

"Of course, I won't forget you." She chuckled and ran her wrist up against her forehead to wipe away a few droplets of sweat. "If there are any red flags I somehow missed, I'll need you to tell me," she then added with a smirk. It was unlikely that anybody who cared about her wouldn't be supportive after meeting him, especially after seeing their chemistry.

"Yeah, I'll figure it out," she said with a dip of her head. "Just don't want to rush him into anything or make him uncomfortable." There wasn't really anything that could prepare someone for a situation like this, so she figured a slow approach would be best. Just not too slow, else it'd feel as if she didn't want him to meet her daughter.

"Who else knows, already? About you and him?"

Valery hummed in thought, "Just you, the Padawans, and Yula. I needed some babysitters, and I couldn't just lie to them about where I was going. I've just not introduced him to anybody yet." Which was going to change soon too. Padawan judgment day was coming up.

She then gestured for Amani to follow her back to the house for round 2, but the conversation continued. "Kahlil and I went on a vacation to Spira before he fell to the Dark Side, and well, right before Vera. It was one of the most relaxing vacations I've ever had, so I definitely recommend that planet."

ValSword.png

"Mmhmm…" Amani hummed knowingly. She wasn't too concerned, but better to be certain. They'd have to meet sooner or later, anyway.

"Maybe he likes kids. You did say he seemed like dad material," The mirialan assured. Similarly, it was one of things that would inevitably have to happen if they were going to take their relationship further. Was it too soon to start imagining what future children might grow up to look like? Because between Valery and Aldric, it seemed like the genetic jackpot.

"Fair enough. Gotta get him out there, though. Put faces to names," They headed back in for the next set of boxes, and Amani went for a bigger one this time, testing the weight before she heaved it up, "Spira, eh? I'm not familiar. Will definitely keep it in mind, though." Ready once more, she slowly walked off to carry the storage back to the ship, "Alderaan is pretty scenic, y'know. If he's into that camping or hiking stuff, might not be a bad idea in the future. Cities are real nice, too, if you want something different." It almost felt like a tourism pitch for her boyfriend's homeworld, but it was true.

"You said he's an SIA guy, right?" Amani whistled low. If it was anything like the superspy holos, she imagined it must be exciting.

Outfit | XoXo

"I can't know for sure, but he gives me that feeling," Valery said as she gave it some thought. It was the combination of how caring he was with how calm and cool he could be. He was a man of confidence and experience, able to be himself and hold his own regardless of who he was dealing with. That maturity made him at least ready to try and be a father. "I hope I'm right though. I know this is very early and blah blah, but I'd also love to have more kids someday," she admitted with a smile, clearly not ashamed of it at all.

"Maybe one day with him."

On the topic of getting him out there, she chuckled, "Yeah, I want to introduce him to a lot of friends but I hope his work will get him to be around others too. Life alone on Azbrian probably meant he lost a lot of his old contacts, and not everything should revolve around me, you know?" She didn't know how he was with making friends or establishing connections, but she hoped that he'd get himself settled in properly as well.

With another heavy box in her hands, Valery then turned and followed Amani back to the ship for round 2, "Yep, Spira is amazing and I agree - can't ever go wrong with Alderaan either. I'm thinking tropical first just because it's very different and then we'll see what comes next. Likely a lot of work first, but if I can tag along sometimes with his missions... it'll still be fun."

"You said he's an SIA guy, right?"

Valery bit her lip and grinned playfully, "Mhmm, Senior Agent. Real tough guy, very cool~ But also has a heart of gold. It's very different from being with a Jedi too and... I kinda really like it. The emotions I feel from him, are so unsuppressed, and so strong. He makes me feel amazing just when he's around me."

ValSword.png

Amani just chuckled, “Those would be some beautiful babies.” Probably something that would still be a bit more time away, but given Valery already had a kid and she and Aldric were in their thirties, it wasn’t quite such a farfetched point of discussion in comparison to say, a much younger couple.

“I didn’t exactly have a lot of people I got to know when I lived on my farm on Tython, so, I can imagine. He’ll start getting out there, especially with your help. Might just need to get reaccustomed to having a social life.” They headed back up to the cargo area, where Amani laid down the box and dusted her hands.

“Sounds like a good enough reason as any. I’m sure it’ll be very romantic…” She waggled her brows, “And there ya go. With mission work you guys have ‘dates’ organized for you.” A chuckle.

“That’s awesome, though. I’m just glad to see you so happy. It’s cute,”
Amani teased, “I appreciate Alicio for similar reasons. He’s probably more… solemn that Aldric, but it’s still different from the kind of restraint a Jedi usually has. And I think in return it’s made me feel a lot more in tune with my emotions.” She shrugged, and took a few seconds to break before they returned for another round of boxes, “Jedi crushes were a bit more complicated in my padawan days.”

“Wish we had it as easy as the Non-sensitives, sometimes. But I’m sure they also wish they could move stuff with just their minds.”
Alicio actually was sensitive, which made her more jealous. Though there was also part of her that was concerned about how a lack of training might affect him down the road.

Outfit | XoXo

"I think so, too," Valery said with rosy cheeks at the idea of having his babies. It was something she definitely didn't want to rush into, but it wasn't like they needed to be together for a decade either, right? She's already a mother and they were both responsible and mature.

Getting ahead of yourself again.

"But yeah, he'll need a little time to get adjusted and I'm always there to help him. I just... want him to be happy. Both with me and with friends or other things in life." As a fairly empathic woman, his happiness makes her feel a lot better in life as well, and she genuinely cared about him. So she hoped that he'd settle into everything really nicely.

Valery then chuckled at the tease and set down the heavy box with a soft sigh, "That's how I feel too. I was never allowed or able to act on Jedi crushes until Kahlil, and as much as I loved him, that very reserved side can be... difficult. But maybe I'm just too emotional of a person." She shrugged her shoulders. Valery was certainly able to control herself very well, but in a romantic setting, she was really loving how open and loving Aldric was already. He made her feel crazily in love in ways she had never really experienced before.

"Enough about just me though, I feel terrible for ranting so much about my relationship," she said with a chuckle but it was a truthful statement. This wasn't all about her. "Just tell me if it gets annoying," she added with a smirk before she began to move back to the house. "Once I'm settled on Coruscant, maybe see about dragging Alicio over for coffee and lunch. Or... hmm... maybe just a girls night out?"

ValSword.png

"Well I'm sure you make him very happy," Amani grinned slyly. Already they were destroying hotel rooms together, so clearly at least one part of their relationship shop was coming together quite successfully. And on a more genuine note, that mutual care and desire for one another's happiness would make for a strong and lasting impact on a life together.

"Everyone's different. But I feel similarly. I've always felt like a very emotionally driven person, which didn't mesh well with growing up as a pretty… old school Jedi. Or rather it did, right up until all those emotions I repressed boiled over..." Amani said in a wry tone. Now it was something that she could look back on with a disillusioned sort of sarcasm, but at the time when she fell, it was an intense and compromising period of her life. The Sith were only ever a poison, a drug for an addled mind. But even her old Jedi teachings didn't feel like something she could rely on. At least, not all of them.

She was much happier with how things eventually grew to be. A more realistic approach, all things considered.

Amani shook her head, "Absolutely not. I love hearing every little detail. I wanna see you happy," she smiled softly, and nodded as they continued, "That would be great. Either or both, really. I like to think that with all of us on Coruscant, it'll be at least a little easier to organize things, right?"

Outfit | XoXo

"Well I'm sure you make him very happy,"

This time, she just kept smiling and accepted the compliment. They really did make each other happy, she could feel it and she was certain he could as well. In a short time, they had bonded so much that a long future together seemed very realistic, as long as she could prevent another catastrophe from happening. This fear, one way or another, she'd have to bring up with him soon.

"You and me both. I grew up in a very traditional Enclave as well, so finally being able to open up was tough and very intense. But also worth it in the end," she said with an understanding nod. They likely had very different experiences coming out of their traditional upbringing, but a lot of the struggles would be similar as well. "Now, when he just looks at me in a certain way or says these certain things... I just feel like I melt away."

"It feels good, and it has really made me happy to be with someone who isn't a Jedi." At first, she almost felt bad for admitting it, but it really was the truth. How protective and caring he was, how open he was about his affection - they were new experiences she enjoyed immensely.

"Fine fine, I'll keep rambling your ears off, then." She chuckled and continued back towards the house. "I'm very happy and I'm glad you are too. And yeah, it'll be a lot easier now that I'm going to be on Coruscant. I know a few cute places to go to, and my Padawan Briana knows a ton more. We'll find things to do, both with the boyfriends and just us two~"

And Vera. She was definitely going to insist on coming along at time too.

ValSword.png

Amani couldn't stop grinning while Valery couldn't stop fawning over Aldric. Had this been what she was like when talking about Alicio? If so, it was an even better sign to her that things were going to go well for these two after all. "Sounds to me like you've got a lot to look forward to~" She hummed.

Moving back to the house, they continued, "We'll have to give some of those places a try then. I'd love a chance to meet Aldric. If I can bring Alicio along then that would be great, too. And of course, have to save some of it for girl's night." She chuckled, "It'll be fun. Would love to get some more time with Vera, too." Babysitting or otherwise. The little girl was too much fun to be around.

"In the meantime though, just worry about moving, and your dates with Aldric. I look forward to all the updates."

Outfit | XoXo

"I really do! It's so-" she paused, looked at her friend for a moment, and narrowed her eyes. "You're enjoying this a lot, aren't you?" she asked rhetorically with a big smirk. Of course, she did — Valery was the exact same when Amani told her about Alicio for the first time. Now it was going to be a lot of back-and-forth teasing, but she didn't mind that at all.

It was a welcomed challenge.

"Oh yesss, a double-date would be fun," Valery said while she beamed a smile. "First I'll introduce you to him, though. I feel a little bad about dragging him into so many things, so I don't want to make it too much for him. But a girl's night out is definitely on the schedule."

Valery seemed quite happy with her wanting to spend time with Vera too. It was a big ask of someone, to have them help entertain a five-year-old, but Vera just loved Amani and Alicio, so even just a few hours would make her whole week. Luckily, they seemed to enjoy the little Noble's company too.

"In the meantime though, just worry about moving, and your dates with Aldric. I look forward to all the updates."

Valery nodded, "I will, and thank you again. After your trip to Mirial, shoot me a message and we'll get together, okay? Catch up and just have a good time." With the war about to get really hot again, those moments were definitely needed too.

ValSword.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom