Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Species Mornfang

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Devil | Kavar Lok Kas'Oni

zether_creature.jpg
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
GENERAL INFORMATION
  • Name: Morn
  • Designation: Non-Sentient
  • Origins: Credence
  • Average Lifespan: 20 Standard Years
  • Estimated Population: Scattered
  • Description: A reptilian-esque beast ruined by Sith Alchemy, the Mornfangs are a hunched, quick, fanged, and incredibly deadly monstrosity capable of ripping apart entire standard ground-squadrons with ease. Often seen in packs of four - and owing to their collective resilience and lethality - the Mornfangs serve as frontline beasts for the Sith Warlords, particularly the forces of Darth Vinaze Darth Vinaze who serves as one of their paramount alchemists.
PHYSICAL INFORMATION
  • Breathes: Type-1, Type-2
  • Average Height of Adults: 2.1 Meters
  • Average Length of Adults: 2.7 Meters
  • Skin Color: Green-Brown
  • Hair Color: N/A
  • Distinctions: The distinctions of this beast are far and wide enough to make it a truly terrifying and unorthodox creature in the Galaxy.
    • Quadrupedal: Hunchbacked and bulky, the Mornfangs must traverse the landscapes they are deployed to on all fours, giving them a galloping stride and illusion of being even larger than it actually is.
    • Gargantuan Teeth: The first most noticeable trait beyond the quadrupedal stance is the absolutely massive set of fangs the beasts carry. Such is the size of their teeth that the Mornfangs cannot fully close their mouths, forced to have a perpetually open jaw. This particular trait gives the beasts lasting pain and anger.
    • Abdomen Pincers: Serving as the Mornfangs' primary defense and attack method, these pincers are as strong as durasteel and as sharp as a Beskad, capable of shredding through stormtrooper armor and rending flesh into ribbons.
    • Spines: Coating the Mornfangs' body are highly sensitive quills that serve as a defense mechanism and to alert the beasts to incoming danger based on the vibrations in the air. This allows the Mornfangs to react almost instantaneously to attackers in order to better defend themselves.
    • Multiple Claws: Also present on the Mornfangs are numerous claws on each foot, more so than most beasts in the Galaxy. These claws are incredibly tough and sharp, although not to the level of the pincers, making them the secondary form of attack for enemies who are prone or kneeling.
    • Webbing: Lacking any apparent usage, this fine webbing is present throughout the Mornfangs body, most prominently between the tops of their pincers and their abdomen/chest.
  • Races: N/A
  • Force Sensitivity: All
STRENGTHS
  • Physical Strength/Pack Power: Created and further enhanced by the Force - possessing subconscious and perpetual casting of Enhance Attribute - the Mornfangs boast a great deal of physical strength that is improved by their pack mentalities, individual might reformed into a collective terror.
  • Reaction Speed: Thanks to the Spines across their body, the Mornfangs are able to react nearly instantaneously to incoming threats, allowing them to avoid possibly fatal strikes and continue their rage-blinded fight.
  • Sprint Endurance: Possessing a massive deal of endurance, the Mornfangs can sprint non-stop for roughly half-an-hour before feeling the effects of fatigue.
WEAKNESSES
  • Obvious Target: The size and unique appearance of this make it a very obvious target for enemies of the Sith Warlords and thus the Mornfangs are often the most assailed by those they seek to maim.
  • All-Force Sensitive Race: While untrained and essentially incapable of utilizing their abilities in an effective and conscious manner, the Mornfangs boast a dark presence in the Force that further alerts enemy forces to their approach. This gives both Jedi and Sith an advantage against fighting them if they manage to sense the encroaching threat. Additionally, the utilization of Force Null Fields and Void Stone have incredible effects against these beasts and can render them incapable of even moving.
  • Non-Sentience: Entirely feral and primal, the Mornfangs do not possess an ounce of intelligent thought and act entirely on the instincts their creators forged into them.
  • Constant Pain: The bone structure and internal workings of the Mornfangs push them into a constant state of pain that shortens their lifespans considerably and makes them incredibly susceptible to building fits of even greater insanity than they already boast.
CULTURE
  • Diet: Carnivore
  • Communication: Grunts and Roars
  • Technology Level: A beast of war, the Mornfangs do not possess the capabilities to use technology.
  • Religion/Beliefs: Lacking intelligence and reason, the Mornfans do not possess a religion or beliefs beyond the instinctual.
  • General Behavior: In a state of constant pain and bred specifically for brutal insertions into enemy lines and the slaughter of anyone in their path, the Mornfangs are hyper-aggressive and live a life of ultraviolence in the name of their Sith creators. Very few can approach one such beast without being assailed with tooth and claw and even fewer can turn their backs if allowed to approach.
HISTORICAL INFORMATION
Created in the hell pits of Credence and released upon unsuspecting worlds, the Mornfangs are some of the most grotesque and unique beasts to come from the twisted minds of the Warlords of the Sith. They hold no fear for the enemies put in front of them and charge with a mindless enraged purpose towards wanton violence and destruction, earning themselves a reputation as demons from below.

Last edited:
Hey there, Kascalion Giedfield Kascalion Giedfield ! I will be your Codex Judge for this submission, alongside my Codex Mentor, Allyson Locke Allyson Locke !

This is a very solid submission and definitely cool what you're getting at here. However, before I can slap my seal of approval on this submission, I've just a few housekeeping things I'd love it if you could adjust for me here.

GENERAL INFORMATION
  • Description: A reptilian-esque beast ruined by Sith Alchemy, the Mornfangs are a hunched, quick, fanged, and incredibly deadly monstrosity capable of ripping apart entire squadrons with ease. Often seen in packs of four - and owing to their collective resilience and lethality - the Mornfangs serve as frontline beasts for the Sith Warlords, particularly the forces of Darth Vinaze Darth Vinaze who serves as one of their paramount alchemists.
Firstly, would it be possible for you to link this planet? I know that the planet submission has not yet been approved, but if you would still be so kind as to link to the sub, that what be greatly appreciated. I found the link HERE if you could just place it in the submission where I've highlighted in yellow. Thanks!
----------
GENERAL INFORMATION
  • Description: A reptilian-esque beast ruined by Sith Alchemy, the Mornfangs are a hunched, quick, fanged, and incredibly deadly monstrosity capable of ripping apart entire squadrons with ease. Often seen in packs of four - and owing to their collective resilience and lethality - the Mornfangs serve as frontline beasts for the Sith Warlords, particularly the forces of Darth Vinaze Darth Vinaze who serves as one of their paramount alchemists.
For my understanding, as well as anyone else, are these squadrons referenced just your basic ground-based foot soldiers? Or does this entail something more?
----------
  • Force Sensitivity: All
STRENGTHS
  • Physical Strength/Pack Power: Created and further enhanced by the Force, the Mornfangs possess a great deal of physical strength that is improved by their pack mentalities, individual might reformed into a collective terror.
  • Reaction Speed: Thanks to the Spines across their body, the Mornfangs are able to react nearly instantaneously to incoming threats, allowing them to avoid possibly fatal strikes and continue their rage-blinded fight.
  • Sprint Endurance: Possessing a massive deal of endurance, the Mornfangs can sprint non-stop for roughly half-an-hour before feeling the effects of fatigue.
WEAKNESSES
  • Obvious Target: The size and unique appearance of this make it a very obvious target for enemies of the Sith Warlords and thus the Mornfangs are often the most assailed by those they seek to maim.
  • Presence in the Force: While untrained and essentially incapable of utilizing their abilities in an effective and conscious manner, the Mornfangs boast a dark presence in the Force that further alerts enemy forces to their approach. This gives both Jedi and Sith an advantage against fighting them if they manage to sense the encroaching threat.
  • Non-Sentience: Entirely feral and primal, the Mornfangs do not possess an ounce of intelligent thought and act entirely on the instincts their creators forged into them.
  • Constant Pain: The bone structure and internal workings of the Mornfangs push them into a constant state of pain that shortens their lifespans considerably and make them incredibly susceptible to building fits of even greater insanity than they already boast.
Because you have listed the species and entirely force-sensitive, if you could please include the following weakness, that would be amazing!
Srina Talon said:
Completely Force-sensitive species may not start off with fully developed Force Powers. That is a matter of the individual, not the race. They are born force sensitive, but that is a potential, rather than an absolute. All Force-sensitive species may have passive abilities that do not require training (improved reflexes, low grade pre-cog, etc), but are prohibited from having active abilities (force lightning, telekinesis, etc). Exceptions are made for artificially engineered species (Sithspawn, etc), if they have been tailored for specific abilities. Racial abilities that are not affiliated with the Force (Ex. Zeltron Empathy/Pheromones) are exempted from this. These species should include appropriate weaknesses, such as difficulties with Force Null fields.

Thank you again for taking the opportunity to use the Codex and if there is anything in which I stated above that you don't understand, please do not hesitate to ask and I will do my best to better word what I was conveying with what I said.

Luca Donskoi Luca Donskoi | Kascalion Giedfield Kascalion Giedfield

Overall, these are pretty neat. Just one question...

They're all a "Force Sensitive" species but it doesn't seem to state explicitly what abilities we could expect to see. Just their weaknesses. Is it just enhanced reflexes?

Physical Strength/Pack Power: Created and further enhanced by the Force, the Mornfangs possess a great deal of physical strength that is improved by their pack mentalities, individual might reformed into a collective.

Other than the above...Can you please list any applicable Force Powers or add a small tidbit about what being Force Sensitive does for them?

The Devil | Kavar Lok Kas'Oni
Srina Talon Srina Talon Holy crap, I forgot about this and never got any notifications. I have added the following tidbit to the first strength:
  • Physical Strength/Pack Power: Created and further enhanced by the Force - possessing subconscious and perpetual casting of Enhance Attribute - the Mornfangs boast a great deal of physical strength that is improved by their pack mentalities, individual might reformed into a collective terror.
I hope this is all good now! Please let me know if it needs more work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom