Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private More Machine Now

It had been a long time since he saw Elpsis last. Was the skeletal arm new or was that a fixture at their last meeting? Either way, what had changed was the scarred face, the eyes most of all. It wasn't frightening to him but it gave him pause to wonder what happened to the woman. His knowledge of the Force and things such as Nightsisters and witches was mynute but if had to place any guesses, it would be in that realm.

Makai hugged her back, squeezing her like any other overeager kid excited to see a long lost friend.

"I was sort of in the area and stopped by to surf, this used to be my favorite village but I found it unrecognizable. I didn't know there was something going on until I overheard the Twi'lek talking so I chatted up the bartender. Thats when I learned a city was bombed. Slavery and mistreatment...I-I was going to visit Liberty and thats when hell broke loose."

The young man stepped back away from her slightly, shaking his head.

"Am I okay? Yeah, nothing happened to me." A slight pause. "Are you okay? I bet it was girl wasn't it? They tend to get a little feisty when you piss them off, I just expected you to move faster."

A joke, but he was genuinely concerned. It appeared to be a chronic issue but that didn't mean he couldn't be worried.

Makai Dashiell Makai Dashiell

"Very funny. It's a long...unpleasant story that, for the record, doesn't involve a girl," she frowned. "Don't know if you've been following the news. Last I heard, some GNN corpo lackeys were ranting about how I've gone crazy. Suffice to say, Firemane's evil and I'm going to destroy it. Liberty's not the only settlement they've laid to waste, and it won't be the last until I turn them to ash," she spoke fiercely, and with utter conviction.

There was a flame inside her soul that matched the fire bleeding through the cracks in her flesh. Something about her had changed. There was a weariness to her, a seriousness that her brash, happy-go-lucky younger self lacked. There was a blazing glint in her dead eyes. "You want to see it with your own eyes, I can show you...if you want to play the hostage a bit longer. Or I can let you go now. Word of advice, I'd go home right now if I were you. Once Firemane figures out I'm here, they're going to rain down hell, and bombs don't discriminate."

Meanwhile, the process of rounding up the captives and their valuables seemed to be proceeding apace. Intriguingly, the whole thing was being filmed by a camera team consisting of a female Nautolan and a male Qadiri. Evidently the rebels didn't just want to take hostages, they wanted to mik the raid as much as they could. Indeed, this very camera team had filmed the initial assault.

A tall Qadiri female with long dark, curly hair in fatigues approached. Her dark hair was bound in a ponytail, and she had several tattoos on her forehead, cheeks, neck and from her jaw to her lips. She was cleaning her sword. "Commander, we must make haste. Firemane is going to be here soon," she stated, speaking Basic with a distinct dialect. There was something imperious about her tone. She glanced at Makai. "Do you want him added to the hostages?"

"So that's it?" an older Twi'lek make who based on his attire was a fisher, declared. "You come here, loot the place, grab some of the scumbag and hightail when Firemane comes knocking. Who do you think will be the one to suffer if they don't find you?"
Elpsis tensed. For a moment there was a flicker of something on her face. Regret, perhaps. "I don't have the means to drive them off the planet. Not now. But you can join me if you want to fight to get your home back."
The older man spat on the ground. "I'm too old to fight, and I have a family to look after. We just want to live in peace. Go play at being a war hero, but don't pretend that you're doing it for any of us."
"How long until Firemane herds your children into camps, too?" Rhea retorted, a challenging gleam in her yellow eyes.
Elpsis put her metal hand on the Rattataki's shoulder. "Rhea, drop it. Leave him. Hazani," Elpsis glanced at the tough looking, tattooed Qadiri woman. "Get everyone ready to depart."

One of the people, the bartender Makai had seen before, stepped forward. "You have pay? Food?" he asked. He was a dark skinned human male.
"I've got both if you can fight. I've got Siobhan's money."
The barkeep folded his arms. "How'd you manage that?"
"I know people with shady skills. Don't expect riches, hell probably don't expect a life long enough to spend riches...but I look after my people. If one of them's wounded or killed in action, their families get a payout."
The barkeep frowned, and looked around, gazing at the bodies, the ships, the prisoners. "Good enough for me. Beats being here, sucking up to tourists," he muttered to himself. "Nothing left here. I'm done hiding, and it's just me now. My parents are dead, spirits welcome their souls." He pulled off his apron and stepped forward. A few of the younger villagers did likewise.
"Your funeral," the Twi'lek commented. "We're going to scatter. Someone here must keep their wits."

Last edited:
Makai had heard a few things but it was hard to tell what was fact from fiction. His father had sent him to extensively map and survey various planets far into the Pacanath Reach for expansion and news didn't quite reach out there. He went for days at a time without seeing a soul and communication could be spotty - the galaxy could fall apart and he wouldn't know.

While it was unwise to continue to join the group, he was going to stay and play hostage. Despite it being a chaotic war zone, Makai wanted to see the condition of the locals. He wanted to know if there was something he could do to help the people, whether it would be evacuation or food or just resources to build their lives back together. Secondly, it was important to report back to his father the conditions, he wasn't sure if they still had contracts with Firemane but it may be wise to end them.

"I'm coming."

Cuffs slapped back on, the Qadiri female ordered an underling to come and cart him off. Where they were departing to, he had no idea. Placed back with the hostages, Makai found himself next to the insufferable Twi'lek woman once again. He mentally groaned, as she was still complaining. Headache was starting to form at the back of his head.

War would be more preferable at this point.

Captivity had not improved the Twi'lek female's disposition. "Thought you could ingratiate yourself with these thugs, eh?" she snapped at Makai when he joined them. "Should've known better. They're barbarians. They'll kill us all." Sweat dripped down her lekku and back. She looked around anxiously. "Did you see Annika?" she asked. "What have they done with her?"

"Oh, for heaven's sake, shut up, woman," a human male wearing shorts and sunglasses sneered.
"You don't tell me what to do!"
"Aliens," he muttered disdainfully, lip curled in disgust. "Don't mind her, lad. These people are savages, but they know what we're worth. Stay calm, don't let them think they've taken your pride as a man. What's your name?" Oh dear, it seemed Sailsa was not the only person who'd be bothering Makai. However, the prisoners were not left unattended. Rebel soldiers used scanners to systematically search them for electronics. Assuming Makai had a commlink, datapad or other electronic devices on his person, it would be confiscated by a burly Mon Calamari rebel.

"Be careful with that," the human male declared, when a Vashyada confiscated a datapad he had been carrying. "That thing is valuable. More valuable than your tree village. You know what it is?"
The wood elf looked unimpressed, and stuffed the device in a box with the other confiscated items. For good measure he also tore off the human's shades. "You get in line. Follow. Make no wrong move, or regret it," he said in somewhat broken Basic.

With no further ado, Makai and other prisoners were hearded towards one of the speedboats at the beach, while the rebel camera team filmed their march. The rebels were not cruel about it, but stern No prisoner was whipped or casually beaten. But those who put on airs or walked too slowly for the taste of the rebels were roughly manhandled or given a zap with a taser and shoved into the boat. Cooperative ones like Makai were spared such attention.

Last edited:
Who the hell was Annika? Why did these Twi'lek keep talking to him as if they were best friends? Why did the human male feel the need to interject. He really should have decided to leave when Elpsis stated it could be rough. Could have gotten an aspirin and some peace and quiet away from the constant bickering between the other hostages. How could they find time to bicker? Being held against one's will one would think they would be a little more introspective.

"I'm part alien." Humaniod-alien, but still the point stood.

Comm was fished out of his pocket and added to the pile of confiscated goods with Makai taking mental bets on how soon the human male would be beat or just simply killed for being too mouthy. So far it looked like Mr. Important Human only got tased, which was a bit unfortunate it wasn't more aggressive.

They were off on speedboats, Makai noted the choppy sea and the skipper of the boat not quite caring that there were white peaks. Guess there wasn't much time to care when one was being chased by a military organization. Some of the captives were not used to boating or seasickness, two down the line had already vomited.

Just great.

Elpsis Kerrigan Elpsis Kerrigan

The sea was choppy, and there was little time or inclination to make things comfortable for the hostages. Several captives looked uncomfortable or like they were about to vomit. The skipper was pushing the boat's engines for all they were worth. The boat took a sharp turn when they had to steer past the wreckage of the destroyed Firemane vessel.

"Hey, I demand to speak to your boss!" Mr Important Human declared loudly. "I know her mothers well! We're good friends!" Slowly, Elpsis turned her fiery gaze towards him, and he flinched. The cracks in her face glowed brightly. There was murder in her eyes.
"The scum's more valuable alive," Rhea whispered to her quietly.
Elpsis nodded curtly. Her robotic hand curled into a fist, and suddenly Mr Important Human choked and gasped for air. He would've perhaps clutched his throat, but his hands were bound. As she tightened her spectral grip, his lips turned blue and his eyes bulged. An expression of naked terror was written across his face. Whatever hushed conversations that had taken place between other captives had abruptly ceased.
"Shut up. You don't demand anything of me. None of you do," she said icily, and released him, leaving him gasping for air.

Among the several captives Makai had ended up stuck with, there was a human girl with blonde hair and tanned skin who was about his age. She was wearing a swimsuit and sandals, having evidently not been given the opportunity for a change of clothing. Unlike certain others, she did not sulk or mouth off. Rather she had sat down, shivering despite the heat. By chance or design, she had ended up next to Makai. Every once in a while she looked up, glancing across the sea, while studiously avoiding eye contact with their captors.

"H-hey," she said to him, "you...talked to their boss, right?" she glanced nervously in Elpsis' direction, before quickly looking away. "Do you know where they're...taking us?" her voice was low, as if she feared the captors would administer punishment if they overheard her.

Last edited:
Well, that shut everyone up.

A little dramatic in his eyes but Elpsis Kerrigan Elpsis Kerrigan had always seemed a touch dramatic in his opinion. Then again, it had been awhile, several years at this point, since their last encounter. People did grow and change, although he was of the belief at a certain point in life personality traits were hard to shake without a great deal of effort.

Head tipped back and Makai thought for a very brief moment they would settle into some sort of silence. Silence was good for that budding headache.

No such luck. Did Elpsis even mention where they were headed? Makai wouldn't have told the girl neither way but now he was trying to rack his mind during their brief conversation about next steps. No, Elpsis would have been a fool to tell him - what if someone tortured it out of him on his attempts to leave if he didn't want to see the bombed cities?

A deep breath before he answered quietly.

"No, I thought we were to leave by air."

He really did. He didn't expect a speedboat that could easily be bombed from the sky or long range missile.

There was a logic to using speedboats. They drew a good deal less attention than spaceships and aircraft. Of course, they were more vulnerable...but that's what the hostages were for. The girl was quiet for a while before she spoke up again. "My name's Emilia," she said quietly, "what's yours?"

Stormclouds were gathering in the sky and the water was wind-blown and rippling with waves, leaving certain captives feeling more uncomfortable. But the boat didn't slow, no matter how seasick they felt. After about an hour had passed while they traversed the uncomfortably choppy sea, a Mon Calamari appeared among the captives, holding a large bottle of water. "Drink," he grunted, offering it to one hostage after another. Makai and Emilia would be among those who got to sate their thirst.

However, when it was the turn of Sailsa and Mr Important Human, the Mon Calamari simply turned and began to walk away without offering them anything. "Hey," Sailsa called out, nursing a headache, "you..." The Mon Calamari didn't react, just gave her a disgusted look. The Twi'lek sighed. "Please..." The rebel turned, and walked towards her, offering the bottle.

"Seriously," Mr Important Human exclaimed when the rebel walked past him, not even sparing him a glance with his big, dark eyes. "Do you know who I am, how much I'm worth?" the Mon Calamari stared blandly at him. "Fine, please...happy now?" The rebel brought the bottle to his own lips, and drank a fair bit, before letting Mr Important Human drink what very little was left.

Last edited:
"Makai. I'd shake your hand but that's a bit impossible right now."

He was trying to keep track of time by using the suns positioning as a guide as they continued across the choppy waters. Rolling storm clouds made it difficult and once they had gotten far enough, impossible to guess. Makai figured they had been sitting awhile because after that first hour had passed his back was starting to stiffen up from sitting in one position. Young man or not, sitting against the hard hull of a speedboat unable to move made for some uncomfortable times.

Rain drops fell here and there, adding to the mist they were experiencing from the large swells. He nudged the girl, Emilia, in the shoulder.

"Island chain off on the port side. Not sure if thats our destination but at least its a landmark."

"Arkas has lots of those. Many are barely explored," Emilia bit her lip, noticing that some of their captors were approaching them. They were carrying black hoods in their hands, and forcing them onto the prisoners.

"It's too tight," Sailsa complained when a Qadiri female soldier forced the hood over her face, and fastened it tightly. "My lekku it's being pinched!" Her complaints were to no avail. Mr Important Human also didn't escape the indignity. "You...I won't forget this slight!" His 'friend' the Mon Calamari rebel paid his posturing no mind.

"You as well," Rhea said when she and a male Vash rebel approached Makai and Emilia. Perhaps she had come there to be reassuring. If that was the case, it evidently didn't succeed with Emilia, who tensed. Her bottom lip trembled slightly. "How do we...breathe through that?" she asked nervously.
"There is a hole here," the Rattataki said, indicating it with her pale, long fingers. It was about mouth level. "You must wear this."
"O-okay," Emilia tried to get her trembling under control and leaned forward. Her head vanished beneath the hood, robbing her of vision. Feeling very tense, the girl leaned against Makai, who would thereafter be subjected to the same treatment.

Emilia was definitely a sheltered kid, probably the daughter of some rich businessman on the planet or in the sector.

Granted, if he hadn't known Elpsis there would be a touch more nervousness creeping in. It was clear though that right now the rebels saw them as valuable pawns. Sure, there would be a bit roughing up and unpleasantness, but they had been offered water. Can't say many hostages in similar situations would have the same. He'd heard stories of course, from time to time at galas or charity auctions about someone knowing someone being held, normally unaware folks tromping on backwater worlds.

Judging by the hoods, Makai estimated now they were getting close, passing by major landmarks, or both. He was really, really regretting not asking Elpsis how long the trip was. Not that it mattered but maybe there would have been more mental preparations. At least there was no longer a chance of projectile vomiting on the boat due to the hoods.

Are we there yet? Come on Elpsis.

Nothing was ever easy with the woman. Firemane must have gotten stupid if they hadn't tracked these boats down yet and blew the ocean apart with them inside.

Blowing the ocean apart with the hostages inside would probably be a bad idea..since the hostages would all die. However, Firemane's first priority was responding to one of its warships being blown up. What the hostages could not know was that the rebels had sent a decoy ship to draw off attention. Doubtless the ruse would only work for so long, but it bought them time.

Time passed, as the speedboats traversed the choppy sea. under the rolling storm clouds. Mist hung over them. Even without hoods, it would have been increasingly difficult for the captives to determine where they were. If any of them had had a datapad, it would have been easy enough due to hoogle maps, but alas they had been deprived.

Something close to another hour passed, before the speedboat finally aproached an island defined by hills, forests...and ruins. By now it was dark. The hostages were forced from the boat the moment it reached the shore. Owing to the fact that the captives could obviously not see where they were going, they would be guided by their captors. The rumble of thunder could be heard in the distance.

It would likely be difficult for the prisoners to determine how much time passed during their trek, but when their captors pulled their hoods off, they would find themselves deep inside a cavern. "Rise and shine. Welcome to your new home," Rhea declared sarcastically. The first thing the captives would see was a giant spider, tall and long enough for someone to ride on, regarding them curiously with its eight eyes.

Mr Important Human, being the most masculine of manly men, immediately backed away when the giant spider approached. Indeed, he tried to push past some hostages, only to be restrained by a guard.
"What a filthy creature!" Sailsa exclaimed. "Are you going to leave us with the filth and the beasts?"
Emilia leaned in close to Makai, nervous and afraid. "Is-is that a Partuz?"

"Yes. Hunts-Silently, is what we call her," the Vashyada guard stated in broken Basic.
"She's on guard, so don't provoke her." Nonchalantly, Elpsis petted the giant spider's head. Hunts-Silently rubbed against her. Hunts-Silently pointed a foreleg at Mr Important and chittered something. "Not yet...if they make trouble you can eat the loud one first," Elpsis said in Basic.

Last edited:
Legs felt as if they didn't want to work after the trip and he found himself trying to find his land-legs again, muscles burning from sitting in one position for so long. Unlike some of the fellow hostages, he had barely moved during the trip. Unwise to make sudden movements when one had no weapons and their captors had quite the armory.

Hood was taken off and he was immediately greeted with a cavern. A basalt cavern. Fine grained basalt if he was correct, the lighting was a little tricky and he wasn't going to drift closer to see. This meant there was or had been volcanic activity on the planet at one time...quite the extensive flow unless they had somehow gently sloped underground and this was all marine basalt rock. Iced blue eyes squinted again, trying to look for signs of fossilized bivalves and corals and - . His nerding out of the cavern was cut short, the girl next to him had a question.

"What's a Partuz?"

Oh, that.

"Kinda fascinating if you ask me."

Eyes went back to looking for any fossilized clues about the cavern, finding it a shame he couldn't set off an explore. A waste.

Watching Makai nerd out about the caverns was kind of adorable. However, outwardly Elpsis let nothing show. Casually, she petted Hunts-Silently, then signalled everyone to get a move on. So they did, including Hunts-Silently. The big spider followed after the captives, no doubt motivating them to keep up, lest they end up alone with a potentially hungry Partuz. For some reason she stuck so closely to Mr Important Human it ended up prodding him with its leg. Mr Pompous winced, breaking out in cold sweat, and quickly picked up the pace. On the way they came across webbed remains. They had to be human or humanoid shaped. "They didn't pay. Hope you're smarter," Elpsis said. Sailsa looked like she was about to be sick, but wisely held her tongue.

Eventually, after moving even further underground, the group came across some smaller side caves with bars put over them. Inside, the small caves broadly resembled prison cells. There was a bucket in each cell. There was also some food, and two blankets. "Your new home," Rhea explained. "Emilia, you're in there," she pointed at one of the small caves. "Makai, Erwin," she pointed at a young man who seemed to be about Makai's age, "in there."

The cave the two had been assigned to was next to Emilia's. Evidently gender segregation was still a thing here. "You, follow," the Vashyada guard indicated some other prisoners, including Sailsa and Mr Important.
"I can't stay in a...place like that. It's far too small!" Mr Important protested.
"The alternative is to be webbed to the wall. Choose quickly," Rhea informed him coldly.

Stuck inside the cell, Makai trailed his fingertips on the rock. Yep, he was right ; fine grained basalt rock.

The prison cell wasn't horrible. Caves and caverns typically had a steady temperature at this depth, albeit lower than what he would have liked, but then again he was playing the role of hostage. Perhaps he really should have re-thought his youthful stupidity about tagging along. It was far, far too late for that. At this point they could have took him to any banking terminal and he would have paid his own ransom fee - hopefully Elpsis had the good sense not to bother to call his father. That would have been too easy ; Makai got it, this rebel group was meant to strike fear and couldn't do that in one simple transaction.

The two young men shook hands, better get along quickly since they were roommates in a small confined space. Didn't need a bucket getting dumped on him overnight.

"Whatcha in for? You live here?"

"Yeah, I live here. My parents are in banking, which explains the ransom, you know? This has been going on for weeks. Folks wanted me to get off planet but you know how that goes. How about you?"

"Just your basic rich kid in the wrong place at the wrong time. Tale as old as time eh?"

"Tell me about it. I could be on Spira right now but nope, I decide to stay thinking how bad could it be."

"Been like this awhile you said? The in fighting?"

"Yeah, didn't think it was ever going to touch the tourist traps though. Those who moved in seemed to be quick to ensure those areas remained like an oasis on the backdrop of the skirmishes."

While Makai was getting settled in, things were more awkward more Emilia. She looked uncertain when she stepped into the cave, shivering slightly. Looking around, she frowned. "Where's the-" she trailed off, eyes settling on the bucket. "Oh, they expect us to...," her nose wrinkled in disastate, "never mind."

"You could make a complaint...but that would not go well," her 'roommate' said. "So we'll just have to get used to it."
Emilia looked at her companion in captivity. She was a Cathar female of average height, with stripes and neatly groomed fur. "I just want to go home," she said sadly, hugging herself.
"Don't we all?" the Cathar flopped onto the blanket, and patted the side. "Come here."
Emilia seemed reluctant at first, then settled. "What's your name?"

"Adega. Let me guess - you're here for parents?"
"Yeah. My dad's, um, important," Emilia bit her lip. "He's with Firemane."
"High up on the food chain, huh? Figures why they'd go after you."
"He's not on the board. He doesn't have anything to do with all this...bad stuff," Emilia said a bit defensively.
"Hey, I'm not one of them. You don't have to defend yourself to me."
"Sorry, it's just...a lot to take in."

"Tell me about it. Anyway, if he's loaded, that's good. Sure he'll pay, won't he?"
"Firemane doesn't negotiate with terrorists," Emilia said mechanically. "They wouldn't allow it."
"Wouldn't even bend the rules for his family?"
"They're going to kill us. You saw the bodies. They've done it before."
Emilia tensed when she felt the soft touch of the Cathar's hand on her shoulder. "Listen, it's bad PR for Firemane if the family members of their bigshots start dying on them because they're standing on policy. Just stay calm, follow the rules. Simply by being smarter than Mr Pompous and Queenie you make yourself less of a target."
"I can...I can do that," Emilia forced back some tears. "What's your story anyway? Why'd they take you?"
"Oh, my parents are loaded. These thugs better demand my proper net value." Emilia looked utterly baffled, and Adega shrugged. "What? Being values less than you're worth would be insulting."
"I...guess."

xxx

"What is that boy to you?" Hazani asked after the last prisoners had been locked away.
"A connection to simpler times," Elpsis responded.
"When you served Firemane," the Qadiri knight retorted. Coming from her, it sounded like an insult.
"When I was innocent, kind of dumb and hopeful." Elpsis held her gaze. "He's not connected to them. Dad's a rich corpo, but he just does salvage and stuff."
"I see. What do you wish to do with him then?"
"Show him the wasteland Firemane made. Show him what they call peace. Words gets around, it's bad PR, Firemane's shares take a hit."
"Why would these corpos care?" Rhea asked sceptically. "None of them cared about the slave factories, the camps, the bombings."
"Oh, they won't, but they have to go through the motions. More importantly, if it looks like Firemane hasn't got a grip on things, if they any of them could be taken hostage and fed to a Partuz, it's bad for business. None of these scumbags care about the water being poisoned, or people being worked to death in sweatshops. But they do care about their reputation, and their bottom line."
"Well, you have fun with that," Hazani stated. "Just know that Firemane's going to track us in time. Sooner or later we're going to have to split the captives up and move them around. And we can't linger here either. We're needed on the frontines."
"Yes," Elpsis nodded. "Have the more troublesome captives put to work. Something exhausting and humiliating."
"I have ideas," Hazani said darkly.
"I wish to make an effort to have that girl Emilia re-educated," Rhea spoke up. "Show her around, have her talk to people...open her eyes. It would be valuable...considering her family."

Last edited:
Makai and Erwin munched on the odd ration bars they were given as the pair stood near the entrance to their cell, watching the Partuz patrol the little corridor area. The half-Galan was certain the giant spider-like creature had a sick sense of humor due to the fact it occasionally poke its long limbs in some of the hostage cells, mainly the loud ones. Of course, it just caused more loudness, causing the pair of young men to roll their eyes.

"Wanna bet who the Partuz eats first?"
Erwin grinned at his cellmate.

"You know it. What's the wager?"

"Loser buys the other a drink when we get out of here. Top shelf."

"You're on. My vote says Mr.Important. He seems incredibly stupid, a lot of that middle aged middle management bravado going on right now."

"Queen Twi'lek for me. She's making too many demands. The rebels won't like being told what to do."

Both nodded in agreement before leaning closer to the bars to get a better look of where the Partuz was. A little bit down from both the two most loud hostages, the creatures eardrums probably needed break from all the ruckus the two were kicking up. Makai was praying the rebels got the ransom for those two first and peace could reign throughout the caverns.

"All the hot air both of them are spewing the cave is going to be toasty tonight."

Time would pass, while the two lads made their bets and whatever else could help them pass the monotony in their cell. Hunts-Silently made her rounds across the cells, chittering and every once in a while poking her long limbs into one of the cells. She seemed to have her preferences though, for she was especially insistent on doing that at the dwellings of the 'loud ones'. Doubtless this prevented them from getting any meaningful rest, which was no doubt the intent. Sometimes she also climbed up the walls. No doubt the sound of the spider crawling across the place also unnerved certain prisoners.

After a few hours, the hostages would be roused from their cells. Some with more civility than others. Makai and Daniel would be able to hear some commotion coming from the cell of Mr Important. "I'm tired...I haven't been able to get a moment's sleep with this beast...and there's a rat in my cell...aargh..." His words were cut off by cries of pain.

The big, tough looking Mon Calamari from earlier and his Vashyada offsider had appeared in front of the cell Makai and Daniel shared. Opening the cell doors, he bid them to come out. "Come, nap time's over, time for you to work," he said gruffly.
Meanwhile, Emilia and her Cathar companion were also being picked up. Emilia gave Makai a nervous smile when she caught sight of him, no doubt happy to see a friendly face.
"Um, where are we going, sir?" she asked the Mon Calamari guard.
"To the ruins you helped make," he said flatly.
"You wanted to see Liberty," suddenly Makai would hear Rhea's thick brogue. As if she had manifested out of thin air, the Rattataki had suddenly appeared in their midst. A useful trait in an insurgent or assassin. "Now you shall."

By the sound of it, Mr.Important had gotten the business end of a nasty punch. Maybe the hit of a baton or end of a blaster. Makai wasn't surprised.None of them had slept well, something about a giant spider crawling around tended to do that. Did that mean there was a reason to complain? Sure, to friends and family when this was over, not in the middle of the situation to the people who didn't care about their fates. One would have thought after Mr.Important had got some rough handling he would have took the hint. Apparently not.

Rhea appeared at his side, startling the young half-Galan and causing him to jump a little. Now that was something to be frightened over. Makai found her fascinating and assumed she had some interesting stories to tell, although he doubted he would ever get to hear them.Something told him after this jaunt there wouldn't be much in the way of visiting Arkas.

She mentioned Liberty. Makai had only mentioned that to Elpsis and he wondered what had been said between the two. Probably a question about the hug, Makai imagined not many people would just walk up to her and toss their arms around the woman.

"Yes, I do. I think its important."

Makai could only imagine the horrors right now. However, if he described the scene to his father and word got around corporate circles, then someone would pay attention. Even if it was just Galactic Relief Efforts, maybe some good could happen. Not that it would be a genuine care from most corporate circles, but perhaps the people could benefit.

Last edited:

Thus the prisoners were herded together, flanked by armed guards. It seemed that even Mr Important and Sailsa had gotten the message that putting on airs would not do them any favours, and so the group proceeded out of the caves with a minimum of disturbances. For all those who needed motivation, the looming shape of Hunts-Silently was doubtless enough.

When they emerged from the dark caves, they would find themselves in a dense, tropical forest, filled with foliage. Evidently had rained during the night, as the mud showed. Gazing up, one would see a quilt of vines and leaves. Tall trees stared down upon them. If one was particularly attentive, one would catch sight of a python slithering up a tree.

Birds could be heard chirping and insects humming. Yet it was not all tranquil. A dead man hung from one of those trees, bearing a placard proclaiming him to be a Firemane lackey who had partaken in the murder of women and children. Emilia looked away, feeling distressed by the unsettling sight. Shapes could be vaguely seen moving amongst the trees. Occasionally there was chittering. "If you try to run, we will shoot you," Rhea stated. "Do not do that. Even if you evaded our shots, there's nowhere to go, there's more Partuz...and unexploded warheads." It was hot and humid outside, with the air feeling like it was pressing against one's skin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom